I've done it....I have fulfilled my childhood dream

NismoZZzz

CAGiversary!
I know own every Sonic game ever released in the United States (as far as I know and researched)

sonicjw3.jpg

[quote name='Pylis']Not counting the 6-in-1 Genesis Pak which had Sonic the Hedgehog in it, eh? ;)[/quote]
Nah, that's going way too hardcore. I didn't want to own 40,000 Sonic originals. I could also get the ones on Wii and 360 if I wanted to, but thats pushing it. I just wanted the actual main games, one copy.

Congrats!

I want to get all the Shinobi games eventually. Obviously there are way less Shinobi games that Sonic games but I also don't own half the systems they are on, lol. So I haven't justified buying all them if I can't play them.

holy shit....
way too much sonic!

I have never beaten ANY SONIC game in my life... that's cause I get bored after level 3 :whistle2:\

[quote name='guyinga']Where's the 360 Sonic game? Or is it that bad to be not worthy of purchase/collection?[/quote]
I see the PS3 version up there... nobody should be forced to own that crap on more than one system...

hmm if u want to be mor hardcore u can track donw the 10th anniversary edition of Sonic Advernture 2 for DC that comes with bonuses

o and there is also a ALPHA to Sonic Advernture 2 for DC somewhere out there

[quote name='youbastards']:shame:
People like you are the reason this franchise hasn't died the death it should have...please stop![/quote]

Oh, he's just collecting the games.

Damn OP. That's one sweet ass collection.

As far as US released games go, you're still missing the Pico games, Sonic Gameworld and Tails and the Music Maker.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Nice set, but you are also missing the Game.com Sonic game.[/QUOTE]

Nice collection, i do see sonic for the ngage and the game.com one up there for those who said he was missing it.

I have the 10th Anniversary Japanese Sonic Adventure 2 for Dreamcast sealed, but it's a japanese release so I didn't count it.

PICO games were stupid and for kids. Maybe if I find them, but I don't consider them the mainstream.

The PC games are pointless considering I own the actual games, I wanted to own every game, not every version.

The PS3 version is the 360 version.

Sonic Labyrinth does suck.

Sonic Jam for game.com is picured too as well as the NGAGE version.

Thanks all!

Cool never seen the sonic classics before, also Chaotix is very hard to find, I be that cost you a pretty penny. And I have have bad eyes but can we get a list of all the games you own and for what system?

Still nice work! How much did it cost you in the end? What were the easiest to find?

People like you are the reason this franchise hasn't died the death it should have...please stop![/quote]

Agreed. The OP's got an excellent coaster collection, though.

[quote name='trsspidey']I see no sonic for the DS... what gives??? :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

You might want to take a second look.

Nice Sonic Collection OP!!!

Good thing the collection is in your hands OP. If it got in my hands, they'd be at the bottom of a lake somewhere by now :lol:

Sonic Rush Adventure blows. I feel like I'm 3 again playing Super Mario Bros. and can't pass the first level because I can't jump correctly.

"Yeah, nice collection, but you're missing this, this, and this, so really, your collection's kinda crap."

...Jeez, guys. I'm sure he knows what he does and doesn't have. He doesn't need you telling him about all of these games that he could lookup on a list on Wikipedia in under five minutes. Not helpful.

Really neat collection, though, OP.

Noticed I didn't say "congratulations" earlier, so...

Congratulations. It really is a sweet collection.

[quote name='dragonreborn23']Agreed. The OP's got an excellent coaster collection, though.[/QUOTE]
You act like all the Sonic games are bad

Great collection. Glad to see another Sonic collector not afraid to omit the more recent, and less desirable titles.

Though I rather liked Sonic and the Secret Rings and the original Rush--haven't gotten to the sequel yet.

I was going to point out Wacky Worlds, but it seems like you're avoiding anything that doesn't directly feature Sonic. Not much more than an editable screensaver anyhow.

Thanks all. I had most of the collection finished in July, but it took me a bit to find Sonic Jam for Saturn near mint and Tails Adventures for Game Gear. I think I know I wasted more than $500 though, haven't added it up, don't really care much though.

Here's a list of all the games:

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG (SEGA MASTER SYSTEM)
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG (GENESIS)
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG (GAME GEAR)
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG (PLAYSTATION 3) - > Xbox 360 version is the same as PS3 therefore no need for both.
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 (GENESIS)
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 (GAME GEAR)
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 (SEGA MASTER SYSTEM)
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 3 (GENESIS)
SONIC AND KNUCKLES (GENESIS)
SONIC CLASSICS 3 IN 1 (GENESIS)
SONIC SPINBALL (GENESIS)
SONIC SPINBALL (GAME GEAR)
DR. ROBOTNIK'S MEAN BEAN MACHINE (GENESIS)
DR. ROBOTNIK'S MEAN BEAN MACHINE (GAME GEAR)
KNUCKLES CHAOTIX (32X)
SONIC CD (SEGA CD)
SONIC TRIPLE TROUBLE (GAME GEAR)
SONIC LABYRINTH (GAME GEAR)
SONIC CHAOS (GAME GEAR)
SONIC DRIFT 2 (GAME GEAR)
TAILS ADVENTURE (GAME GEAR)
SONIC BLAST (GAME GEAR)
SONIC 3D BLAST (GENESIS)
SONIC 3D BLAST (SATURN)
SONIC JAM (SATURN)
SONIC JAM (GAME.COM)
SONIC R (SATURN)
SONIC ADVENTURE (DREAMCAST)
SONIC ADVENTURE DX: DIRECTOR'S CUT (GAMECUBE)
SONIC ADVENTURE 2 (DREAMCAST)
SONIC ADVENTURE 2: BATTLE (GAMECUBE)
SONIC SHUFFLE (DREAMCAST)
SONIC HEROES (GAMECUBE) -> Didn't bother getting the XBOX and PS2 versions since it's the same game.
SONIC RIDERS (GAMECUBE)-> Same as above
SONIC MEGA COLLECTION (GAMECUBE)
SONIC MEGA COLLECTION PLUS (PLAYSTATION 2) -> Different from the GameCube one with some extras.
SONIC GEMS COLLECTION (GAMECUBE)
SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG (GAMECUBE) -> No need for PS2 and XBOX version
SONIC ADVANCE (GBA)
SONIC ADVANCE 2 (GBA)
SONIC ADVANCE 3 (GBA)
SONIC PINBALL PARTY (GBA)
SONIC BATTLE (GBA)
SONIC RUSH (DS)
SONIC RUSH ADVENTURE (DS)
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 15TH ANNIVERSARY (GBA)
SONIC N (NGAGE)
SONIC POCKET ADVENTURE (NEO GEO POCKET COLOR)
SONIC RIVALS (PSP)
SONIC AND THE SECRET RINGS (WII)

man i thought you were gonna say something cool....like you banged winny cooper from the wonder years...or something like that. haha jk

really though that is really cool. i cant believe they have released that many sonic games over the years.

Looks like you are missing the Sonic Adventure: Limited Edition for Dreamcast. It is a U.S. release, and very rare to find complete.

-GAC-

Are the Sonic 1 and 2 Master System releases from the United States, or another territory? I've never seen or heard of them coming out for the SMS (though, in countries in Europe and South America, many game gear games reappeared on the SMS as well).

Impressive. I have a Castlevania collection and a Final Fantasy collection, personally.

[quote name='mykevermin']Are the Sonic 1 and 2 Master System releases from the United States, or another territory?[/quote]

European and I believe South America got them too.

OP, have you tried those two? Just wondering how they played on the Master System.

Nice collection. It's too bad you had to pay money for some of those though. Like Shadow and the PS3 Sonic. Damn you sega for killing a legend.

[quote name='mykevermin']Are the Sonic 1 and 2 Master System releases from the United States, or another territory?[/quote]

European & I believe South America also got it too.

As for the games, they're nothing like the Genesis versions. They're actually improved versions of the Game Gear games.

[quote name='mykevermin']Are the Sonic 1 and 2 Master System releases from the United States, or another territory? I've never seen or heard of them coming out for the SMS (though, in countries in Europe and South America, many game gear games reappeared on the SMS as well).

Impressive. I have a Castlevania collection and a Final Fantasy collection, personally.[/QUOTE]

Sonic 1 had a very limited release in the US. They were just European copies of the game with a new UPC sticker over the old one. Last time I saw one on eBay (years ago) it went for $300.

[quote name='Jack']Sonic 1 had a very limited release in the US. They were just European copies of the game with a new UPC sticker over the old one. Last time I saw one on eBay (years ago) it went for $300.[/quote]
Ya I remember that. I bid on that one for a while but after $75 it got crazy

as much as I dislike Sonic, I am very impressed you got the master system games. I didn't even know those existed.

Yeah Sonic 1 and 2 were released on the SMS after the versions on the Genesis. Many didn't know about them or knew they existed.

[quote name='keithp']THAT was your childhood dream?

(Leaves disappointed...)[/quote]

One sir, one dream. I've made others come true already that pass the MATURE rating.

People like you are the reason this franchise hasn't died the death it should have...please stop![/quote]I admit... I laughed.

[quote name='Jack']Sonic 1 had a very limited release in the US. They were just European copies of the game with a new UPC sticker over the old one. Last time I saw one on eBay (years ago) it went for $300.[/quote]For this? Or are we talking about something else?

[quote name='cranguy']
For this? Or are we talking about something else?[/QUOTE]

That could be one, but probably isn't. You can't tell from that picture. The only difference would be a sticker over the UPC on the back. the cart, manual, and box art is completely identical.

bread's done
Back