I've done it....I have fulfilled my childhood dream

[quote name='cranguy']So people paid $300 for the UPC sticker? Oi.[/QUOTE]

Some Sonic/game collectors can be goddamn crazy.

I mean, there was a certain stuffed doll of Shadow made for Sonic Adventure 2 that commonly goes for over $400.

[quote name='Zingela']Some Sonic/game collectors can be goddamn crazy.

I mean, there was a certain stuffed doll of Shadow made for Sonic Adventure 2 that commonly goes for over $400.[/quote]
Ya I tried to get that one to, but there's ALWAYS someone who outbids me. At least I won the Super Sonic for $210 about 2 years ago :bouncy:

Congratulations on proudly owning a bunch of crap. The Genesis games are great but they're all included in Sonic Mega Collection Plus and every other Sonic game sucks. Plus you say you just want to own every game, not every version of every game. But due to collections and ports you have multiple copies of all the Genesis and Game Gear games as well as multiple copies of Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Sonic CD, Sonic R, and Sonic Advance.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Congratulations on proudly owning a bunch of crap. The Genesis games are great but they're all included in Sonic Mega Collection Plus and every other Sonic game sucks. Plus you say you just want to own every game, not every version of every game. But due to collections and ports you have multiple copies of all the Genesis and Game Gear games as well as multiple copies of Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Sonic CD, Sonic R, and Sonic Advance.[/quote]Do I detect a jealousy rant?

Seriously people, quit bustin the OP's balls. It's a nice collection. Who cares if the last 5 Sonic games have been bad :roll:

[quote name='Segasonic01']Who cares if the last 5 Sonic games have been bad :roll:[/QUOTE]

5? I'd say 19 (everything after Sonic & Knuckles). It's a huge waste of money and as previously stated it's keeping a now horrible series from dying.

Pfft, most of you guys are talking to the choir here, I know a majority of the games suck, but please tell me when you were a kid you didn't play crap anyways? Also, I am probably not going to play a good chunk of these and the good ones I've beaten.

Why do I own multiple copies of some titles? Cause some are different and have extras. The Collection's obviously have most of the games, but I consider that it's own title.

Irregardless, my mission is completed and I'm glad. I will more than likely not hunt down another series again.

well i didnt notice sonic fighters, but i forgot it was canceled, but it was released on the GC disc as a hidden game ( i believe, i cant play that much sonic to see if it is on there.) i saw this in an arcade at a crappy pizza joint called sonic championship in SC, it was great. too bad it wasnt mainstream.
cool collection.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']5? I'd say 19 (everything after Sonic & Knuckles). It's a huge waste of money and as previously stated it's keeping a now horrible series from dying.[/quote]The DS games are fantastic, and the GBA ones are alright. Secret Rings was a fun ride too.

Good collection, OP. It struck an old collector chord with me, but I don't do that anymore. :)

good going op

cant think of a franchise i personally enjoy that much though (besides super smash bros and god of war but those only have a few games out a piece)

[quote name='PenguinMaster']5? I'd say 19 (everything after Sonic & Knuckles). It's a huge waste of money and as previously stated it's keeping a now horrible series from dying.[/quote]
So you're saying that everyone who buys Sonic is colcting it or him buying it alone is the reason that the franchise is still alive?

Also, most of thos egames aren't even on the market anymore. So I guess that means that Sega must watch eBay bids constantly to make their decisions.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']So you're saying that everyone who buys Sonic is colcting it or him buying it alone is the reason that the franchise is still alive?

Also, most of thos egames aren't even on the market anymore. So I guess that means that Sega must watch eBay bids constantly to make their decisions.[/QUOTE]

Buying the old games is a waste of money. Buying the new games is a waste of money and makes Sega believe that they should make more.

[quote name='NismoZZzz']Also, I am probably not going to play a good chunk of these and the good ones I've beaten.
[/QUOTE]

That's the problem, you're just a moronic collector buying games you have no intention of playing.

Cool collection. To everyone who says the new games suck: not entirely true, play the handhelds. I'm playing Sonic Rush Adventure right now and I actually like it more than Sonic Rush 1 which I felt was almost at S3&K level.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Buying the old games is a waste of money. Buying the new games is a waste of money and makes Sega believe that they should make more.

That's the problem, you're just a moronic collector buying games you have no intention of playing.[/quote]

What's with the diss? There is no problem here, you seem to wnt to have a reason to have a problem. Have I offended you in some way? I had no intention of starting some sort of disagreement here cause I like "collecting games" even though some I don't feel like playing. Is it wrong to own something you don't want to use? I'm assuming those who have a mint condition Spider-Man comic issue one are moronic cause they don't want to read it? So something that one thinks is invaluable is not valuable to the person who owns it? Oh, so my fond memory of playing Sonic the Hedgehog as a child was worthless because buying old SEGA games is a waste of money. News flash: Everything is a waste of money, but we buy things anyways whether it's a emotional attachment to an item or a memory that gets triggered with it's presence. That's priceless.

Destroying ones dreams is what makes no one want to chase them. I fulfilled mine to own them all whether I decide on playing the craptastic ones or the good ones. They have value whether I play them or not because it was a part of me that I wanted to fulfill. I succeeded and wanted to show others that I achieved a goal that I was proud of. I've done the deed and moving on with life whether or not these games sit here and collect dust in my so called "moronic" collection. Refrain from the negative comments, they do nothing but make you look stupid with your "moronic" attitude.

As for everyone else, thanks all for the great comments, it was fun to chase them down and a good ride. I enjoyed it and I enjoyed a bunch of these games.

Nice lol, when I saw your title, i was like 'No wai! A non-chinese kid beat a pokemon game without using a gameshark? WTF!!?!?!'

[quote name='NismoZZzz']I know own every Sonic game ever released in the United States (as far as I know and researched)[/QUOTE]

If you've "CoverProject"-ed those GBA Sonics (they look faded compared to the other surrounding games), you should invest in getting the covers reprinted at a Staples or Office Depot.

I just did mine on 11" x 17" glossy cardstock and they came out looking incredible. Plus, you can fit two covers per sheet. Worked out to about 75¢ per cover. Highly recommended.

[quote name='NismoZZzz']What's with the diss? There is no problem here, you seem to wnt to have a reason to have a problem. Have I offended you in some way? I had no intention of starting some sort of disagreement here cause I like "collecting games" even though some I don't feel like playing. Is it wrong to own something you don't want to use? I'm assuming those who have a mint condition Spider-Man comic issue one are moronic cause they don't want to read it? So something that one thinks is invaluable is not valuable to the person who owns it? Oh, so my fond memory of playing Sonic the Hedgehog as a child was worthless because buying old SEGA games is a waste of money. News flash: Everything is a waste of money, but we buy things anyways whether it's a emotional attachment to an item or a memory that gets triggered with it's presence. That's priceless.

Destroying ones dreams is what makes no one want to chase them. I fulfilled mine to own them all whether I decide on playing the craptastic ones or the good ones. They have value whether I play them or not because it was a part of me that I wanted to fulfill. I succeeded and wanted to show others that I achieved a goal that I was proud of. I've done the deed and moving on with life whether or not these games sit here and collect dust in my so called "moronic" collection. Refrain from the negative comments, they do nothing but make you look stupid with your "moronic" attitude.

As for everyone else, thanks all for the great comments, it was fun to chase them down and a good ride. I enjoyed it and I enjoyed a bunch of these games.[/quote]

ignore him. he has a violent past (maybe raped by one of the goats he raised). thats why he does not want to be reminded of what happened yesterday. i mean look at his user title.. hes an idiot.

Agreed, screw that guy. Be happy with the awesome collection you put together--I personally don't play Sonic games but I am seriously impressed with your collection.

Nice collection! That was one of my dreams too!

[quote name='kyouteki']You still don't have a Segasonic the Hedgehog arcade board! Ha, but that would be getting SO nitpicky...[/QUOTE]
I saw a lot of them on ebay at one time..

bread's done
Back