I've narrowed it down to these PCs

deletion

CAGiversary!
i know its best just to build your own computer. I just don't have the time and want the immediate gratification. i've looked around and checked out some recommendations given by CAGers, and it looks like it's down to these PCs. You guys know a lot more than i do, so i'd like some help/advice on which one I should purchase, since i'm unsure of which gfx cards might be best and specs of all are pretty close. thanks and much appreciation!

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7225657&CatId=114

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=417547&CatId=114

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=254044&CatId=114

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=416900&CatId=114

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='runsongas']links don't seem to be working[/QUOTE]

sorry links are broken. i'll fix links once i get home. thanks.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']Signed up in 2007 and still calling us CAGers... what a shame

But yeah, yo links are broken[/QUOTE]

really? can't believe you signed up in 2008 and still a douche. now that's a shame. who did you wrong?? who? it's not your fault.

[quote name='deletion']really? can't believe you signed up in 2008 and still a douche. now that's a shame. who did you wrong?? who? it's not your fault.[/QUOTE]

I was going to help you but after that comment I'll just take my leave.

[quote name='NDarkness']I was going to help you but after that comment I'll just take my leave.[/QUOTE]

I second that. Comment was very unnecessary, especially when he's asking for help.

Stupid CheapAssGamerer is stupid.

did you not read what Hybrid5006 said? please explain how what he said was necessary? Douche cheapassgamer is douche. that's all. anyhow, i updated the links. thanks.

don't get the lenovo, the gtx 460 is the fastest for gaming, the processor on the other 2 is faster all around if you do a lot of graphics design etc.

as always DIY is best, my current system cost 930 total
i5-2500k (4.6ghz OC)
Gigabyte z68x-ud3h
16gb patriot ddr3
2 x Asus DirectCU GTX 460 1GB (850mhz core OC)
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB
Samsung 7200rpm 1TB
PC Power and Cooling 750 watt Silencer
Antec 300
CoolerMaster Hyper212
Microsoft Wireless Mouse/Keyboard

[quote name='runsongas']don't get the lenovo, the gtx 460 is the fastest for gaming, the processor on the other 2 is faster all around if you do a lot of graphics design etc.

as always DIY is best, my current system cost 930 total
i5-2500k (4.6ghz OC)
Gigabyte z68x-ud3h
16gb patriot ddr3
2 x Asus DirectCU GTX 460 1GB (850mhz core OC)
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB
Samsung 7200rpm 1TB
PC Power and Cooling 750 watt Silencer
Antec 300
CoolerMaster Hyper212
Microsoft Wireless Mouse/Keyboard[/QUOTE]

thanks for the advice. appreciate it much. very nice rig. i'll have to use that as a comparison when buying. thanks!!!

To be honest, Id never buy a computer from tigerdirect. I wouldnt even buy a mousepad from them.

If your going to buy a whole pc your really better off buying it somewhere local if you can, that way if it fucks up you can just walk right back in there instead of going through a lot of hassle of dealing with customer service and shipping a entire pc back and then waiting forever.

If local isnt a option then check out maximumpc.com for their reviews on pcs that are prebuilt by companies. Their forums suck ass but the magazine and their reviews are honest and no bullshit, those guys who run it do damn good work. They are only reviewers Ill trust on pc stuff and they review entire systems as well as parts.

[quote name='gargus']To be honest, Id never buy a computer from tigerdirect. I wouldnt even buy a mousepad from them.

If your going to buy a whole pc your really better off buying it somewhere local if you can, that way if it fucks up you can just walk right back in there instead of going through a lot of hassle of dealing with customer service and shipping a entire pc back and then waiting forever.

If local isnt a option then check out maximumpc.com for their reviews on pcs that are prebuilt by companies. Their forums suck ass but the magazine and their reviews are honest and no bullshit, those guys who run it do damn good work. They are only reviewers Ill trust on pc stuff and they review entire systems as well as parts.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much.

I second Gargus. If you can find a local shop like a Best Buy or Fry's that has some old stock they're trying to get rid of, you can usually get a great deal. Ive found a lot of that stuff tends to be the highend machines that no one could justify purchasing.

Also, if youre going to be PC gaming for awhile, giving DIY a shot is a great experience and can save some serious money if you have the time to shop.

those are some good prices btw wish those pcs were that cheap when i built mine hehe.

id skip the 1st one due to its liquid cooled.

i'd look for the best vid card but
i'd probably get the last one because its dell and they got some of the best warranties in the industry. just make sure to go in on whatever dell warranty they offer. just make sure whatever you get it's easy to add stuff to like vid cards, sound cards, ect. :)

btw i've bought from tiger direct plenty of times. monitors hd's a 400$ mobo. never had a problem with them. :)

[quote name='Kevfactor']those are some good prices btw wish those pcs were that cheap when i built mine hehe.

id skip the 1st one due to its liquid cooled.

i'd look for the best vid card but
i'd probably get the last one because its dell and they got some of the best warranties in the industry. just make sure to go in on whatever dell warranty they offer. just make sure whatever you get it's easy to add stuff to like vid cards, sound cards, ect. :)

btw i've bought from tiger direct plenty of times. monitors hd's a 400$ mobo. never had a problem with them. :)[/QUOTE]

hey thanks for the advice man. im going to do little more research and hopefully take the plunge.

[quote name='deletion']did you not read what Hybrid5006 said? please explain how what he said was necessary? Douche cheapassgamer is douche. that's all. anyhow, i updated the links. thanks.[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel any better, I agree. Don't know why people are giving you a hard time when Hybrid's comment was pretty unnecessary in the first place

[quote name='ChestyMan']If it makes you feel any better, I agree. Don't know why people are giving you a hard time when Hybrid's comment was pretty unnecessary in the first place[/QUOTE]

thanks for looking out. cag is a good community. but there's always one of those guys that always has to say something for no good reason.

bread's done
Back