IWTM: 360 Premium winner announced! Argyle FTW!

I'd like to win as well, hence the entering, but otherwise I'll probably hold out until the new chips/whatever and a good deal.

This isn't the first time for Marten to do something like this. He gave away the following as part of the Child's Play Chartiy Raffle this past winter:

1. $100 cash
  2. FF12CE + LE guide (sealed)
  3. Disgaea 1 + Disgaea 2 (the NIS preorder w/ all the artbooks, etc, sealed)
  4. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne LE, DDS1 LE, and DDS2 (all sealed)
  5. Xbox 360 20GB Hard Drive (sealed)
  6. "The random box" (Basically, a ton of older games + accessories, some sealed, some not...NES/SNES/N64/PS1/PS2/Gamecube included)
I happened to win #3 on that list and still have it here, sitting on my shelf!!!

Cheers Marten, thanks for your continued generosity and thanks for another great giveaway!

[quote name='briansraregames']This isn't the first time for Marten to do something like this. He gave away the following as part of the Child's Play Chartiy Raffle this past winter:
  1. $100 cash
  2. FF12CE + LE guide (sealed)
  3. Disgaea 1 + Disgaea 2 (the NIS preorder w/ all the artbooks, etc, sealed)
  4. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne LE, DDS1 LE, and DDS2 (all sealed)
  5. Xbox 360 20GB Hard Drive (sealed)
  6. "The random box" (Basically, a ton of older games + accessories, some sealed, some not...NES/SNES/N64/PS1/PS2/Gamecube included)
I happened to win #3 on that list and still have it here, sitting on my shelf!!!

Cheers Marten, thanks for your continued generosity and thanks for another great giveaway![/quote]

Yeah, that was some fun. The random box still gets a chuckle out of me to this day.

Pity it took them so damn long to cash that check, though. I'll have to pose it to CheapyD if he'll be using that charity again this year or not.

How are you deciding the winner?

Names in a hat, random number generator, Randy Newman, horse racing, rolling a 79 sided die..?

I'm asking now because I don't want to be called a sore looser just because I ask how the randomizing takes place.

[quote name='coolcps']i sooo did not post in this thread that i entered. im probably that one person left out i am guessing. hah.[/quote]

No, it wasn't that....someone didn't post a picture in the IWTM thread. It was just a blank entry.

Now....first off, I'd like to thank EVERYONE for entering. Some of those pictures were definitely worth the time....and some, well....let's just say we're glad it wasn't a judging contest, eh? ;)

Secondly, big thanks to Shrike as always...for bending over backwards to verify that noone cheated, and to pick the numbers for the winner.

Now, onto how the selection was done:

1. I put everyone's name on a list, and assigned it a number from 1 to 79.

2. I had Shrike select 4 numbers. The first three I used much like a combination lock. I moved all the entries UP a certain amount of numbers, DOWN a certain amount of numbers, and back UP a certain amount of numbers.

3. The fourth number was the winner. After running the list through the aforementioned process, the winner was chosen.

And......the winner of a spankin' new 360 is...........

Argyle.

Congratulations, sir. I'll be sending you a PM with a request for shipping information, and it should go out tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for entering....and keep an eye out...there WILL be more contests later on down the road ;):applause::applause::applause:

You should have used Randy Newman. Then I would have won. Congrats Argyle.

I was on top of the world, it was right in my pocket, I was living the life. Things were just the way they should be. When from out of the sky like a bomb comes some little punk in a rocket now all of a sudden some strange things are happening to me. STRAAAAAAAANGE THAANNNNNNGS...

Best part of my night:

Argyle had NO CLUE he won. He just posted the pic while he was dinking around in Photoshop.

Man, that's hilarious. Gotta love this place. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I...umm...wow. I'm still stunned here. :)

Rest assured that while it's true I do have a 360, a good friend of mine does NOT, so the system certainly won't go to waste (or Ebay, never fear).

Thanks a ton marten! I guess it pays to be bored & play w/ Photoshop, eh? ;)

Congrats Argyle! You might want to hold on to the new 360 for when your old one goes all Red Ring of Death or catches fire! ;)

Wow, congrats Argyle. I'm sitting here trying to picture what it must feel like to win such an amazing prize in a contest you didn't even know you had entered. :lol: That's just too funny.

Also wanted to say thanks to Marten for such an incredible contest. Really just an off-the-charts show of generosity. It would have been sweet to win, but it was a lot of fun either way. :applause:

bread's done
Back