JACKPOT AT GAMERUSH! MY EXPERIENCE AT 2 STORES IN MICHIGAN...

Xphyle

CAGiversary!
Woke up this morning after reading about the "trade 2 PS1 games and get ANY used game for 9.99" and had to call to verify the deal. Simply could not believe it. Sure enough, yep, that's the deal!

Went to the Novi Rd and 9 Mile location (spoke with Patti on the phone) and brought the 8 shittiest, oldest sport titles I could find. After trading them in, I got 10 bucks in credit for them. I bought (all for XBOX) Mafia, SW KOTOR, Secret Weapons Over Normandy, and NFS UG, for $9.99 each. That's 4 games (each one had a 39.99 sitcker on em) for $30 + tax after my $10 credit.

Later I went to the Wixom, MI location with 4 more PS1 games. They were clueless there and I basically had to explain to them the deal and how to ring the fucking transaction, but anyway. After my 4 trades, I had $5 credit and picked up SW: Jedi Academy and Tenchu (xbox) for $15.00 + tax.

This deal is INCREDIBLE. Gotta clean out more PS1 games!!!!!!!!!

Xphyle

Where did you find out about this deal? I want to go there now and do it but I'd like to know what to tell them other than I read it on a message board.

[quote name='Pizzicato Five']Where did you find out about this deal? I want to go there now and do it but I'd like to know what to tell them other than I read it on a message board.[/quote]

if you don't want to waste a visit to the store, you could always call them. i think that's the quickest and easiest way of finding out :)

I can't get to the Gamerush site, but wanna know if there are any near me. Could someone check if there are any in St. Louis, Missouri, 63131? Thanks.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']we need some gamecrazy's down south[/quote]

We have GameCrazy, we need GameRush, but by the time we get them, they will have learned their lesson.

I just went to my GameRush in Brighton. Traded Universal Studios and Turok, got $2 credit and bought Wind Waker for $10 minus $2 in credit.
You can't beat Zela WW for $8 plus 2 games that have been collecting dust for over a year.

So, of course, I went back and traded red faction and smashing cars for $5 credit and bought Kirby's air ride for $10 minus $5 credit= $5.

I walked out with a feeling like I'd stolen something. How can they be making any money off this deal?

I got Super Mario Sunshine for almost $8. This deal is great, I traded in 2 ps1 games that gamestop wouldn't take because they were really scratched up.

bread's done
Back