JACT, Playing your OWN PC games for free stuff!

[quote name='grndoom']I signed up ealier (no ref) and got the invite a few hours later, very fast.[/quote]
Oh wow, that is waaay faster than when I signed up.. o_O

But if you ask the people on this thread, I've been giving out the invites almost instantly. :D

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']Yes I was pressing buttons almost all the time but I was using my wireless guitar that I have hooked up to the computer instead of the keyboard. I'll try GTA later with a keyboard and mouse and see how I do.[/quote]

Try the Refresh Joysticks option under Tools. It didn't recognize my 360 wireless controller right away so I ended up not getting much of anything when I used it at first.

Ok the points thing still isn't adding up. i play GTA Vice City for about 20 min and only ended up getting 8 points. I used a keyboard and mouse as well. I'll keep my account just because it is a bonus for playing the games I like, but it is going to take a WHILE to get something decent.

Oh and my wireless controller works fine with the adapter. I was just testing out my guitar with it and that seemed to work flawlessly as well.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']Ok the points thing still isn't adding up. i play GTA Vice City for about 20 min and only ended up getting 8 points. I used a keyboard and mouse as well. I'll keep my account just because it is a bonus for playing the games I like, but it is going to take a WHILE to get something decent.

Oh and my wireless controller works fine with the adapter. I was just testing out my guitar with it and that seemed to work flawlessly as well.[/quote]
Hmm.. did you try manually updating your points?
Sometimes even when you try updating your points, it won't, but if you try an hour later, it may update and show the points you should have. It might even take a restart; and no, your points won't be lost if you didnt update and restarted your computer. Only time your points won't get counted for is when you get a blue screen or something before you points are updated.

Hmm.. while we're on that note, maybe you should try restarting your computer. After load up your game and play for like 5-10 minutes. After, minimize your game and press "Update Credits". Your bux should add up to the amount of minutes you played.

Do you have your in-game-counter display on? (the display that shows that it is generating points, like in my warcraft3 screenshot)
If not, try turing that on, and have the update interval every 5 minutes (will update your credits every 5 minutes). Also, make sure you are connected to the internet when you play playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Strifekw']Hmm.. did you try manually updating your points?
Sometimes even when you try updating your points, it won't, but if you try an hour later, it may update and show the points you should have. It might even take a restart; and no, your points won't be lost if you didnt update and restarted your computer. Only time your points won't get counter for is when you get a blue screen or something before you points are updated.

Hmm.. while we're on that note, maybe you should try restarting your computer. After load up your game and play for like 5-10 minutes. After, minimize your game and press "Update Credits". Your bux should add up to the amount of minutes you played.

Do you have your in-game-counter display on? (the display that shows that it is generating points, like in my warcraft3 screenshot)
If not, try turing that on, and have the update interval every 5 minutes (will update your credits every 5 minutes). Also, make sure you are connected to the internet when you play playing.[/quote]
Thanks I'll try your suggestions tomorrow. I really appreciate all the help.

my cod4 screen is all white when i have eamonn running on multiplayer :(
it's fine when i turn off eamonn though. weeeak

edit: nvm, if i turn on cod4 first then eamonn, it's ok

I did this a year or so ago, and it took forever to get enough points to get anything, all I got was a couple bargain bin PS2 games, and that still took forever. Then out of the blue they cancelled my account saying that I was using a bot. I was like fine, whatever, take like 6 straight months playing something to get anything decent.

Bah, forget this stuff. JACT is garbage. It takes far too long to collect points, and the software is crap. It takes 4 or 5 times of running the software before it even detects my Steam games.

[quote name='Romis']Sounds like an interesting concept....I'd like an invite[/quote]

Got it! ;) Thanks for the invite - Strifekw

Hmm...since it seems that no one has had any problems with it so far I'd like to give it a try.

I've become re-obessed with Garry's Mod recently, so why not. Can anyone get me an invite?

[quote name='PuNK45S']Hmm...since it seems that no one has had any problems with it so far I'd like to give it a try.

I've become re-obessed with Garry's Mod recently, so why not. Can anyone get me an invite?[/quote]
Just send me a PM w/ ur e-mail. :)

Wow, this sounds really cool. Thank you very much, I'll try it out!

Does anybody know if they support games that have expansion packs to them?

Ex. I might go out and buy Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 again (I absolutely love this game) and was thinking about getting the expansion pack. Does the expansion pack have to be listed in order for it to work? Or can I just go ahead and add it..

[quote name='stupidxaznxboi']Wow, this sounds really cool. Thank you very much, I'll try it out!

Does anybody know if they support games that have expansion packs to them?

Ex. I might go out and buy Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 again (I absolutely love this game) and was thinking about getting the expansion pack. Does the expansion pack have to be listed in order for it to work? Or can I just go ahead and add it..[/quote]
It's not possible to add games yourself, but if it's not int he supported game list, you can request it on their forums.
[quote name='@ndrew']i cant get the in game counter to work in counter strike any help thanks :cry:[/quote]
Look at my first post on the very bottom. Let me know if that works. When you're pressing alt+j for the in-game credit counter, hold it down for like half a second. Also, make sure that you've clicked several times to show that you are active, otherwise the credit counter won't show up at all.

[quote name='opterasis']After 2 days of WoW I've gotten a little over 1,000 points, gonna take a while for me to get that lachesis mouse![/quote]
At least you're having fun while you do it! :D

Hmm...its not detecting Garry's Mod for me.

Everything else is working, but Garrys Mod is the game I'm actually playing recently.

Strifekw: sent you a pm, can I get an invite (email's in there)?

This looks really awesome. They have a lot of good stuff that I want...Wii games, PC speakers and video cards. Dang!

About how many points do you get per hour? I really want to get a video card actually...but that seems really unlikely. The 9800 GTX is 188,000 points...which is a lot...

UPDATE: got the invite, thx.

It seems odd that Frets on Fire and Cave Story would be on the games list...how do they get any money from sponsors for that?

bread's done
Back