Jak & Daxter HD Collection Available For Pre-Order on Amazon. $40

So never played a Jak game before and debating picking this up.

From youtube videos gameplay basically looks like Sly Copper. Yeh/Neh?

You sir just made my day. When all of my friends were playing gta I played jak 2 cause it wasn't rated M. I'm glad these games are available for everyone to enjoy.

i picked these up for super cheap recently to play on my PS2 as I have never played them before. guess I'll hold out for HD action

Don't think I ever played the second one. Third was pretty cool with the open world they tried to implement with the success if the gta series going on

I love the jak and daxter series ! That being said ill wait for this to go on sale/drop in price. I'm going to be backloging while boosting up my amazon, bestbuy and gs credit during this month and next for the most part. This will allow me to wait for great deals for this and other games while knocking out my backlog at the same time

I'm looking forward to this but not at full prices. I'm hoping this one drops in price fast, like GoW Origins and ICO/SotC did.

[quote name='BFox549']ico/sotc dropped price? where? lol[/QUOTE]

Best Buy had them for $16.30 if you were able to use the coupon. Some people were successful, and some weren't.

I think he brought up those two weeks at bestbuy where you were able to get those collections for 14.99 during that sale along with stacking that coupon. Loved that deal :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']I think he brought up those two weeks at bestbuy where you were able to get those collections for 14.99 during that sale along with stacking that coupon. Loved that deal :)[/QUOTE]

dang, missed that whole shabam...

and yea I agree, J&D is a way better series than R&C

They both dropped to $24.99 just weeks after I got my copies. I think it was at BBY.

J&D better than R&C? Not even close. The first J&D was fantastic, the second was an abortion of a game, and the third was pretty good. I'll get this when I can grab it for around $15 or so, as that's what the 2 games I'd have any interest in replaying are worth to me.

A R&C set I'd grab day-1.

Thanks for heads up, just put mine on pre-order!. Love any platformers but especially the first Jak & Daxter....it was a platforming masterpiece!.

[quote name='shadowkast']Don't think I ever played the second one. Third was pretty cool with the open world they tried to implement with the success if the gta series going on[/QUOTE]

They started doing that with the second one which made me stop playing the series. I loved the first game but never got into the rest.

Only dabbled in the first one many, many (many) years ago. Never really gave it a chance to sink in - more of a R&C person myself. But I will give this collection a second chance - at $20 or less (just look at the deals on Tomb Raider Trilogy now).

Jak & Daxter is a great series to get into. One of my favorite games from Naughty Dog. I hope they make a Jak & Daxter 4 some day.

MSRP :roll: I don't understand why people continue to post MSRP on titles that will be found for alot cheaper later on. All collections (not named Metal Gear) have had severe price drops/sales within first month of release.

PS: Amazon isn't even the first to start taking preorders... here a few others (again nothing special, no deal at all)
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/jak-and-daxter-collection/98639
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...KWLess&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleKWLess-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA
http://www.frys.com/product/6946297

The pre-order listing has been up for quite some time. I actually found out by reading a Wiki entry on HD remakes a week back.

Fantastic series, especially the first and third entries. For those of you new to the series: be ready to brush off your platforming shoes, Jak II and Jak III have quite a few challenging moments.

As usual i'll wait for the $19.99 price point because i've bought everyone of these PS2 collection games at that price. I even scored Sly Cooper and Shadow of the Colossus at $19.99 the week it came out.

I'm another one who prefers Ratchet & Clank (and Sly Cooper) over Jak & Daxter. Tho, this is one of those cases where, unlike the Sly Cooper games, I only own the first game on PS2, so I have some interest in this.

I wonder when we will get the inevidible HD upgrades for the PS2 Ratchet & Clank games.

[quote name='TheLongshot']I'm another one who prefers Ratchet & Clank (and Sly Cooper) over Jak & Daxter. Tho, this is one of those cases where, unlike the Sly Cooper games, I only own the first game on PS2, so I have some interest in this.

I wonder when we will get the inevidible HD upgrades for the PS2 Ratchet & Clank games.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's not too far off. I loved all 3 of those series. It really makes me look and back and ask, what happened with the PS3? Why are there only a couple notable characters and series when the PS2 had so many?

This will be a collection I wait to hit $20. I enjoyed the first one when it first released, but I have never really had a big itch to replay it. I played the second one, but could not finish it (wasn't a fan). I always wanted to try the third one though, so a HD version is the way to go at this point.

[quote name='Glomerate']I'm sure it's not too far off. I loved all 3 of those series. It really makes me look and back and ask, what happened with the PS3? Why are there only a couple notable characters and series when the PS2 had so many?[/QUOTE]

Probably because the PS3 has gone a more "adult" route. For example, Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch (who made J&D and Sly Cooper respectively) made Uncharted and Infamous in this generation.

This is NOT A DEAL. This is MSRP.

Why do things like this keep getting posted? I love this series, but again, this is not a deal.

the problem with jak and daxter was it was to much daxter and A.I. and then a main character who was part super siayan with limited lines

with ratchet and clank. clank was a good character he was where he belonged, the passenger seat.

[quote name='Glomerate']I'm sure it's not too far off. I loved all 3 of those series. It really makes me look and back and ask, what happened with the PS3? Why are there only a couple notable characters and series when the PS2 had so many?[/QUOTE]
you should know the answers

[quote name='TheLongshot']Probably because the PS3 has gone a more "adult" route. For example, Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch (who made J&D and Sly Cooper respectively) made Uncharted and Infamous in this generation.[/QUOTE]

I have wondered why those respective devs could not support both franchises. I don't think we needed yearly releases, but one or two titles this gen from that franchise would have been welcome. Especially with the Move, I am surprised Sony didn't push harder for a new Sly and J&D title that was built 100% with the Move in mind.

[quote name='Yanksfan']I have wondered why those respective devs could not support both franchises. I don't think we needed yearly releases, but one or two titles this gen from that franchise would have been welcome. Especially with the Move, I am surprised Sony didn't push harder for a new Sly and J&D title that was built 100% with the Move in mind.[/QUOTE]

They are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KteKwyJQyV0

[quote name='waldo21212']They are:[/QUOTE]

Sucker Punch isn't doing that one. It is the devs who did the HD upgrade for Sly.

It is funny that Insomniac can still find time to make R&C games while still doing Resistance, but the other companies can't find that balance.

Read through the whole post looking for the deal, but MSRP not much of a deal. I would not think posters would last long on this site if people posted every new preorder to go live on Amazon unless there was a bonus. I just don't get it.

I am looking forward to this collection but it not like it is going to be a secret release or not well known.

[quote name='groundskeeper']Read through the whole post looking for the deal, but MSRP not much of a deal. I would not think posters would last long on this site if people posted every new preorder to go live on Amazon unless there was a bonus. I just don't get it.

I am looking forward to this collection but it not like it is going to be a secret release or not well known.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It keeps happening on a daily basis for some reason. Of course, once you point out it's not a deal, you'll get a bunch of fanboys claiming that it doesn't matter and that we should all just ignore the thread. The problem is, when I see something like this, I click on it because I just assume that maybe it's a pre-order price error which Amazon generally honors and that this was a $60 game. But, it's not and it wastes everyone's time considering it will be available at literally every PS3 retailer in the US and will almost guaranteed be available on sale somewhere for less than MSRP. When the game is actually on sale for less than MSRP, that's when it should be posted, not at MSRP with no chance of selling out.

[quote name='bojay1997']I agree. It keeps happening on a daily basis for some reason. Of course, once you point out it's not a deal, you'll get a bunch of fanboys claiming that it doesn't matter and that we should all just ignore the thread. The problem is, when I see something like this, I click on it because I just assume that maybe it's a pre-order price error which Amazon generally honors and that this was a $60 game. But, it's not and it wastes everyone's time considering it will be available at literally every PS3 retailer in the US and will almost guaranteed be available on sale somewhere for less than MSRP. When the game is actually on sale for less than MSRP, that's when it should be posted, not at MSRP with no chance of selling out.[/QUOTE]

I have noticed this unfortunate trend. See: Vita memory cards.

We don't need a thread for every pre-order for this exact reason.

I agree on that MSRP isn't really a deal worth posting... I think there are exceptions like when there might be a pressing need to preorder (ie: collectors editions, preorder bonuses, etc and even those I think can probably be condensed into their own group threads) but just an announcement of a vanilla game's MSRP is unnecessary and a bit cluttering. It turns the thread into a non-deal conversation (ie: the Vita memory card thread a.k.a "hey guys lets all share our opinions on the vita") that keeps getting bumped. Obviously there's going to be OT conversations on every thread but when there's nothing to offer at all deal-wise then it probably shouldn't be in the deals section.

You can say "oh you just have to ignore it", the way I see it though I shouldn't have to ignore it: I shouldn't have to walk out of the room because someone else farted, they should've been proper from the get-go and taken their fart out to the backyard or a booth at the local Golden Corral (or any other proper place to fart) instead of making me have to deal with it.

[quote name='topplehat']I have noticed this unfortunate trend. See: Vita memory cards.

We don't need a thread for every pre-order for this exact reason.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, if everyone follows this rule, the deal forum will be pretty bare... doh, I just bumped the thread, sorry...

[quote name='Serpentor']Trust me, if everyone follows this rule, the deal forum will be pretty bare... doh, I just bumped the thread, sorry...[/QUOTE]

A lot of us like becoming aware of this sort of thing, especially since many prefer Amazon or Newegg depending on where they live (no tax, Prime, etc.). To me that's still worth sharing and for me personally is a deal as it is the best available option of pre-ordering since I'd be paying more anywhere else (newegg=tax for me). Also note that with handheld games of all things having inconsistent or increasing prices before release (Resident Evil, Uncharted) those retroactively became deals. Not saying this is going up since it's just the standard HD collection price, but as a new generation looms we won't have any idea what to expect early on...

[quote name='groundskeeper']Read through the whole post looking for the deal, but MSRP not much of a deal. I would not think posters would last long on this site if people posted every new preorder to go live on Amazon unless there was a bonus. I just don't get it.

I am looking forward to this collection but it not like it is going to be a secret release or not well known.[/QUOTE]

People are happy to be informed and this isn't a mega-hyped release where the release date gets shoved in their face everywhere they go. I consider it a deal since Amazon=no tax+free Prime shipping for me but I understand that some don't think that's enough. I pay less with this option compared to anywhere else (newegg=tax for me).

Keeping track of something such as the Vita memory cards (when they would be available on Amazon) on my own was getting tiresome. I found out thanks to my frequent visits here, and again it's a bit cheaper and much more convenient to order there compared to anywhere else at this point in time.

bread's done
Back