Jam Sessions

ch3zyp00fs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
The official tracklist has been released, and I think it looks great. It's not really a guitar simulator as they say, I'd say it's more of a strumming simulator. But it helps if you're like me and just wanna make some tunes wherever you go.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/814/814373p1.html

This is actually a game I'm excited for. I wouldn't of missed so many engineering classes if I had this. :D

Best Buy even has 3 extra play along songs too.

I was already interested in getting this game, but the tracklist confirmed it for me. fucking Bob Dylan for the win.

"Surrender?"

Well, shit, I'm no longer on the fence about this one!

Not sure how the extra three songs on the BB version is gonna work, but the Petty cover of "Needles and Pins" > a free year of SPIN.

[quote name='1modernboy']Not sure how the extra three songs on the BB version is gonna work, but the Petty cover of "Needles and Pins" > a free year of SPIN.[/quote]

There's no way that special "different" copies are getting manufactured for Best Buy. It's got to be code-based.

Well on the offchance that there are going to be special BB copies, they'll probably be rare as hell in 10 years.

Anyone know if they're going to release something that lets you play it through larger speakers?? Like a stereo hook up or something?

[quote name='Journey']Anyone know if they're going to release something that lets you play it through larger speakers?? Like a stereo hook up or something?[/quote]
Personally, I’m just planning to drop a 1/4” to 1/8” adaptor on an instrument cable and plug it into an amp via the headphone jack.

Yeah, I'm all over this game. Seeing a video demonstration of it a month ago got me to raise an eyebrow. Seeing the songlist last week got me drooling.

[quote name='pete5883']Gamestop has some sort of $70 edition of this game. Anyone have any idea what it includes?[/quote]

It better include hookers and blow, for $70.

[quote name='pete5883']Gamestop has some sort of $70 edition of this game. Anyone have any idea what it includes?[/quote]

It says it comes with a subscription to Spin.....Maybe it's for 10 years? ;)

Damn, I love the DS and all, but I can't imagine anything that would make a game for it worth $70. But regardless, it would have to be something that enhances the game significantly (special accessory, (lots of) extra gameplay) to make me even consider (i.e. not a crappy magazine subscription).

[quote name='pete5883']I'm thinking its probably some small amp or something.[/quote]

Could be. Bundling the game with one of those cigarette box-style amps would make since in its own strange little way.

That would be pretty cool, but still, $40 for that is pretty steep. I'm honestly still more attracted to three extra songs (which actually adds to the gameplay) at the normal price than an overpriced (but cool) accessory that doesn't really add much to the game.

EDIT: And I just noticed it's not scheduled to come out until November, which is almost two months after the regular version comes out. I hope they announce what's special about it soon, so I know whether or not it's worth the wait.

[quote name='Rockgamer']That would be pretty cool, but still, $40 for that is pretty steep.[/QUOTE]

That was the price what retailers first listed at but places like Amazon has them for $30 now.

[quote name='laaj']That was the price what retailers first listed at but places like Amazon has them for $30 now.[/quote]

No, I meant paying $40 extra ($70 in total, referring to this version at GS) just to get a mini amp would still be a lot of money. There's still no confirmation on what the extras in this version is though, so it's all just speculation at this point.

I hope this is not the only way to get a amp adapter. I got the regular version reserved. I'd rather buy a full fledged amp rather than a toyish amp

Wow, I just noticed that picture of the box in my last post (they don't even have that pic on the product page), and it definitely has a picture of some kind of amp on the side. Seeing that box makes the collector in me want that version so bad, but I still want to play that game as soon as possible, and I don't want to buy two copies of this game. Damn this sucks.

Question: does this game have/is there a guitar-chord chart available for the DS?

Something I can perhaps both look up chords on, and plug in fingerings and have the game give me the chord name?

That's a really crappy choice to have to make: That nifty amp or those three amazing extra songs.

Of course, as others have said, paying more than double for a silly little speaker is not really sensible.

[quote name='Vegan']Nothing is stopping anyone from hooking their DS up to an amp right now.[/QUOTE]
Does it hook up directly? If not what kind of adapter do you need?

[quote name='Tybee']That's a really crappy choice to have to make: That nifty amp or those three amazing extra songs.

Of course, as others have said, paying more than double for a silly little speaker is not really sensible.[/quote]

Hopefully, like most store exclusives, you'll just need to put in a code to unlock the extra songs. Because if I honestly have to choose between an accessory or extra gameplay, I'm definitely going with the gameplay. But if I can get the accessory and just put in a code to get the extra songs, then I might lean more towards the special edition.

[quote name='sying']Does it hook up directly? If not what kind of adapter do you need?[/quote]
You should just need a 1/4" to 1/8" stereo adaptor to put on the DS end of your instrument cable. Plug that li'l bastard into the headphone jack and I reckon you're in business.

[quote name='1modernboy']You should just need a 1/4" to 1/8" stereo adaptor to put on the DS end of your instrument cable. Plug that li'l bastard into the headphone jack and I reckon you're in business.[/quote]
Yep. Not difficult at all. Anyone can plug their DS into an amp, their home stereo system, anything.

You'd be surprised how much the DS speakers bottleneck the sound design of most games; they really do sound better when coming out of anything other than the internal speakers.

[quote name='1modernboy']You should just need a 1/4" to 1/8" stereo adaptor to put on the DS end of your instrument cable. Plug that li'l bastard into the headphone jack and I reckon you're in business.[/QUOTE]

Sounds intersting, but my amp sucks balls. I need to get a new one, but it's either a new amp or a new acoustic guitar.... Imma go w/ the acoustic :D

Yeah, I'm starting to get antsy. I'm pretty much just playing Brain Age II out of habit now, and I've already worn that "new cart smell" off of Picross. I'm itching for a new game... but I know if I enjoy Jam Sessions as much as I expect to my Animal Crossing town is gonna go to shit... again. ;)

[quote name='1modernboy']Yeah, I'm starting to get antsy. I'm pretty much just playing Brain Age II out of habit now, and I've already worn that "new cart smell" off of Picross. I'm itching for a new game... but I know if I enjoy Jam Sessions as much as I expect to my Animal Crossing town is gonna go to shit... again. ;)[/QUOTE]

Animal Crossing... ya... I'm too afraid to see what my town is going to look like. It's probably been almost a year since I played.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Animal Crossing... ya... I'm too afraid to see what my town is going to look like. It's probably been almost a year since I played.[/quote]

Haha, same here.

I'm still on the fence about getting this game now or waiting for the special edition. I really do want to play this game, but depending on what's in the SE it might be worth the wait.

[quote name='Rockgamer']Haha, same here.

I'm still on the fence about getting this game now or waiting for the special edition. I really do want to play this game, but depending on what's in the SE it might be worth the wait.[/QUOTE]

There's a special ed?

Do you mean the gamestop one? I think it just comes with an amp and a year's subscription to spin... I think.i

[quote name='Rockgamer']That's the thing, no one knows for sure since they haven't officially said anything about it.[/QUOTE]

Ohh.. I see. I wonder how they're gonna do the 3 bonus songs from best buy. Because I don't see how they can not have 3 extra songs only on some copies.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Ohh.. I see. I wonder how they're gonna do the 3 bonus songs from best buy. Because I don't see how they can not have 3 extra songs only on some copies.[/quote]

The ad for Best buy says there will be a code on the pack, so it'll probably work on all copies of the game. It would cost way more to make two different versions of the game (well, three if you count the $70 version), so I think it will definitely work across the board (and of course, it will be on the internet within a day).

Soo, I just came back from GS today, and the guys behind the counter said the Special Ed pack w/ the AMP is in their cpu for a release in DECEMBER??? But the game itself is still coming out Sept. 11. Odd...

You can plug a DS into an Amp, but the DS's headphone jack, at the least, produces a lot of noise. Admittedly you might not hear that noise over an external speaker, but I sure hear it with my in-ear-canal headphones. Anyway, in the videos I've seen of this game they have some device plugged into the GBA slot. What is that? Is that for the amp? I.e. could that thing possibly provide better sound quality and would it work with other games? If so, I might buy the special edition just for that.

[quote name='Rockgamer']The ad for Best buy says there will be a code on the pack, so it'll probably work on all copies of the game. It would cost way more to make two different versions of the game (well, three if you count the $70 version), so I think it will definitely work across the board (and of course, it will be on the internet within a day).[/quote]
Interesting. I wonder if these will be one-off codes (like for downloadable content) or just a generic code that’ll work on all carts.

If it’s the latter, I could conceivably buy Jam Sessions at CC and get Drawn to Life for half off and still get my three extra tracks.

[quote name='1modernboy']Interesting. I wonder if these will be one-off codes (like for downloadable content) or just a generic code that’ll work on all carts.

If it’s the latter, I could conceivably buy Jam Sessions at CC and get Drawn to Life for half off and still get my three extra tracks.[/quote]

Have you tried PMing the CC deal at BB?

[quote name='briandadude']Have you tried PMing the CC deal at BB?[/quote]

I hear the BB drones can be a real hard-asses about PMing, but I reckon it's worth a try!

[quote name='1modernboy']I hear the BB drones can be a real hard-asses about PMing, but I reckon it's worth a try![/quote]

I had no trouble PMing BB for the TRU B2G1 free deal a little while ago.

YMMV obviously though.

[quote name='briandadude']I had no trouble PMing BB for the TRU B2G1 free deal a little while ago.

YMMV obviously though.[/quote]

What did you do? Just take in a flyer and show 'em?

Anyone pick this up yet? Impressions? Anyone figure out how the whole Best Buy code thing works? Bueller? Bueller?

Hahaha, I got it from Best Buy since CC didn't have it in yet. Here's the code for anyone who wants it... you'll see why I'm laughing.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right during Free Play Mode

bread's done
Back