Jampack v13 Free after coupon at BB

W.arner1281

CAGiversary!
Feedback
179 (100%)
Best Buy has the new Jampack (volume 13 w/ Shadow of Colossus, Jak X, and a few others), priced at 4.99. If you use either of the two $5 Best Buy coupons its free. Just thought I'd alert everyone. I just picked one up today no problem.

...damnit...didnt even think of that. Oh well, it was worth 5 bucks to realize i really like Shadow of the Collosas and really didnt like the new Castlevania

Shhhh...been picking one or two up a week for the past couple weeks. Will grab another when buying Star Wars tomorrow.

Damit, walked right past it and didn't even think to use a coupon on it when i was there today. Might go back tomorrow and grab it. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Nogib']Shhhh...been picking one or two up a week for the past couple weeks. Will grab another when buying Star Wars tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

*tisk, tisk* Holdin out on CAG are we? Just wait til the next time I find out about a deal you want in out... NO soup for you!

Maybe its just my store but when I tired to buy a 4.99 game they couldnt take it because they said it cant be free. That I cant get money back. I will try again but does anyone know anything about this? They take em just fine if the game is over $5.

[quote name='dtarasev']Maybe its just my store but when I tired to buy a 4.99 game they couldnt take it because they said it cant be free. That I cant get money back. I will try again but does anyone know anything about this? They take em just fine if the game is over $5.[/QUOTE]

some options:

1. Tell them you don't want "money back", just run the coupon for the purchase price.

2. Buy a Tropicana drink or pack of gum with it.

3. Try a different cashier/different time of day/day of the week.

Your particular situation's problem was an incompetent cashier, you should be able to get it next time.

OP should have just updated the $5 coupon thread, but no big deal really (not the deal itself, just the updating)...

Not too shabby..I need a couple replacements, I'll probably pick up a few.

Can these Jampacks be used for trade in deals? Most notably, trade X games, preorder Y for free.

Don't laugh. I thought EB considered the most recent Jampack to be PO.

If so, there's nothing quite like pure profit on a preorder.

Worst case scenario: You have a Jampack for free, but it can boost bundle sales by a few dollars.

Best case scenario: You have $10-12.50 EB credit towards a game that can be resold for $6-$10/PO title.

Yeah, I'll risk it.

I hate it when you get a cashier who doesn't understand that you have to enter the coupon as an item and not a form of tender. Was getting one today and then he runs off and gets a supervisor to override it at which point this dumb cunt comes over and bitches to me about how the coupon won't work on $4.99 items blah blah blah. At which point I remind her that the coupon says nothing about minimum price. Eventually I just nod to get the bitch to go away and then inform the cashier to go ahead and scan it again as an item as I know that it will work. Thankfully he humors me and I get my free PS2 game case (as I don't need multiples of the Jampack itself) without any further hassle. Still, it's amazing when BB employees can't figure out how to simply scan a coupon properly.

[quote name='Nogib']I hate it when you get a cashier who doesn't understand that you have to enter the coupon as an item and not a form of tender. Was getting one today and then he runs off and gets a supervisor to override it at which point this dumb cunt comes over and bitches to me about how the coupon won't work on $4.99 items blah blah blah. At which point I remind her that the coupon says nothing about minimum price. Eventually I just nod to get the bitch to go away and then inform the cashier to go ahead and scan it again as an item as I know that it will work. Thankfully he humors me and I get my free PS2 game case (as I don't need multiples of the Jampack itself) without any further hassle. Still, it's amazing when BB employees can't figure out how to simply scan a coupon properly.[/QUOTE]

lol... I get them all the time. It's gotten to the point where as soon as I see them hesitate, I tell them what buttons to press and everything. I've been asked several times whether I'm an employee of Best Buy (ditto with EB). Kinda sad. Maybe I should work at one of the two. At least you'd be able to get penny guides and free games from me :D .

I had similar problems today. They refused to accept the coupon stating that the coupon wouldn't work unless the game was more than $5. I asked her where it said so on the coupon and she pushed it back at me and said "you can't expect to get this game at that price". I thought of arguing it with a manager but decided against it because I don't want to draw attention to myself(and that I've been using these coupons over and over). So I refused to buy the demo and a bottled water I grabbed, at which point the girl snapped and got all bitchy with me... so I left.

My wife had been shopping in another store nearby and when she asked where my game was I told her what happened. She got all pissed that the girl was a bitch to me and grabbed the coupon and stormed into the Bestbuy. A few minutes later she came out with the demo disk in hand(awesome). I guess having a stubborn wife isn't all bad...

I'm still not sure where people are getting these coupons/what coupons people are talking about - could someone fill me in?

[quote name='ManChowder']I guess having a stubborn wife isn't all bad...[/QUOTE]

Damn straight unless you're trying to convince said wife that you're right.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Damn straight unless you're trying to convince said wife that you're right.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I usually don't even bother trying. Doing so only leads to trouble... and more stress than I need... or can handle.

i got it for free today, makes up for the fact I couldn't get Fable: Lost Chapters. I wanted to use the gamer 5$ off, but they had no copies for sale.

[quote name='stoned99']i got it for free today, makes up for the fact I couldn't get Fable: Lost Chapters. I wanted to use the gamer 5$ off, but they had no copies for sale.[/QUOTE]

me too. played it for an hour, then traded it in. When the dame at the register rung it up and saw it was free, she looked at me and said "you're a beast." NO joke. I have NO clue what that meant. she looked pretty indifferent, so I was very confused at the statement. ANyone else who got a freebee....you are also a beast (according to the bird at the Wilmington BB).

I wonder what its worth at FYE, if anything. to the FYE thread!

[quote name='stoned99']i got it for free today, makes up for the fact I couldn't get Fable: Lost Chapters. I wanted to use the gamer 5$ off, but they had no copies for sale.[/QUOTE]

me too. played it for an hour, then traded it in. When the dame at the register rung it up and saw it was free, she looked at me and said "you're a beast." NO joke. I have NO clue what that meant. she looked pretty indifferent, so I was very confused at the statement. ANyone else who got a freebee....you are also a beast (according to the bird at the Wilmington BB).

I wonder what its worth at FYE, if anything. to the FYE thread!

"Beast" is the new ranking BB has come up w/for the few customers that they consider worse than devil customers.

The few. The proud. The beasts.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I finally got around to getting one of these.

Clerk was a trainee and she almost got a manager, but the coupon scanned and the total came up $0 . . . so, I walked out with a brand new case to replace a battered one.

bread's done
Back