Japan gets all the cool stuff

[quote name='SlaughterX']

And then there's the greatest controllers known to man...

SaturnPads.jpg
[/QUOTE]

YES! I went boring with the USB one, mine's the regular black style. Sega needs to make these pads again for the PS3 or the 360, I'm not a huge fan of the PS3 convertors.

I don't have any fancy pictures yet but the Wii VC Super Famicom controllers are supposed to come out this month.

I remember seeing a Japanese arcade game that involved a butt and... and finger controller you used. As for how it was used, I never cared to understand.

[quote name='ykcil542']It's not a controller, but I think the Satellaview was the coolest peripheral that the US missed out on.

satellaview.jpg

(from wikipedia)[/QUOTE]

Got one complete with the original box and all inserts/accessories for about $25 last fall. :D
There was only one game on the memory pak......Pocky & Rocky!

I actually bought another memory pak on Yahoo Auctions that included the exclusive Tetris Attack game: Panel De Pon 98. The game came up in my Satellaview's menu but I got an error message saying I couldn't play it because I wasn't connected to the Satellite service and it was deleted from the memory pak! :cry:

And the game cost double what I payed for the Satellaview! :shock:

[quote name='DaveD']I had this controller too. I tried to program Street Fighter II Turbo moves into it, I could NEVER get it to work.[/quote]

Same here, trying to be a cheater :) It just didn't work right. If all you did was special moves then it worked okay, but when you start mixing in punches & kicks to your game then it just could pull them off. I got it just cause it looked cool/ high-tech.

Still have my one-handed RPG controller for PS1. It only works on certain RPGs like Suikoden, Wild Arms, and I think Persona. Anything where you had to rotate the camera (Grandia, Xenosaga) just ended up playing funky.

Here's controller I wanted so bad, finally got it and ended up hating it. It's for the PS1. Reminds me of the PS3 orginal model controller:

alpspad.jpg

[quote name='Marion517']I thought Pachinko machines were like slot machines, I didn't know they had controller attachments.[/QUOTE]

Pachinko is a little like a vertical pinball table, and many modern machines also have some slot machine elements in them, as well. Anyways, those Pachinko controllers aren't attachments for the actual Pachinko machines; they're for playing pachinko videogames, which are also extremely popular in Japan (Ridge Racer Pachinko hits PS2 soon, for instance...).

Anyways, I own several of the controllers mentioned so far...arcade sticks, Beatmania controllers, and one-handed RPG controllers (which are really only meant for super-old-school dungeon crawlers and whatnot, I think).

One I haven't seen mentioned so far is the Capcom Soldier Pad, which is THE greatest non-stick controller ever made for fighting games. I own several:
cpsoldierso7.jpg

I'm also quite surprised that this thread has gotten this far without mention of this little number:
denshadego01df8.jpg

holy @#%$% SlaughterX you have the best pad selection i can ever seen. if you ever want to sell those sega saturn ps2 pads, take me in consideration. :)

[quote name='inmortal2k8']that capcom soldier pad look weird, is that really good on fighting games?
[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, it's great. Of course, hardcore fighting fanatics would most likely prefer an arcade stick, but I think that it's great for Street Fighter II.

Ummm wasn't there an offer to get that controller in Japan for cheap or something? I remember a mag. saying it was great for fighting games if you have some calluses to spare.
Coffee I'm on PSN now btw.

bread's done
Back