japan imports in USA

polaricecaves

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
i saw another thread on here asking a similar question but i thought this question warranted it's own topic
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What are the major/popular/accredited online shops in the US that sell imported Japanese games?

the other thread had the usual lik-sang link and play-asia link but i am just looking for shops in the US
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is the only shop i have now, please post as many as you know of

http://www.ncsxshop.com

I always use play-asia.com or lik-sang.com, and haven't had any problems with either. There's a 10% off code for lik-sang floating around online, and they have a bunch of free shipping on quite a few games right now (Just ordered Electroplankton from them last night; hence why I am up to date on it). The DS does not have any copy protection on it, so you can import without any worries, other then the language barrier.

I don't mean to change the topic of the thread, but does anyone know any franchise B&M stores that sell imports? Sometimes I just don't want to wait for shipping, so I figured I'd ask.

Edit: Nice, I just realized you mentioned that you had already looked at lik-sang and play-asia and were looking for US based importers. Ignore my lack of reading comprehension skills.

thanks Yoshifan1 and Dayglo...

i may need that 10% code for lik-sang as the psp games
are way too expensive from these US guys

Anyone know anymore japanese game stores in the US?

There wont be any franchise stores that sells import because of licsening issues. The you bet is to look up local store from the phone book and see if any of them sells import. Shoundnt be hard to find in a large city.

[quote name='dayglo']
I don't mean to change the topic of the thread, but does anyone know any franchise B&M stores that sell imports? Sometimes I just don't want to wait for shipping, so I figured I'd ask.
[/QUOTE]

I don't think they still do anymore (at least the stores I have been to), but EB did used to sell import games. They mostly sold Saturn imports and were going to carry N64 imports as well. The first N64 import they were going to sell was F-Zero X, in July for $59.99 when the US version wasn't coming out until the fall for $49.99. What happened was that Nintendo told EB that if they sold the import, Nintendo would refuse to allow EB to sell the US version so after pre-orders of the import were filled, they stopped with the N64 imports.

[quote name='62t']There wont be any franchise stores that sells import because of licsening issues. The you bet is to look up local store from the phone book and see if any of them sells import. Shoundnt be hard to find in a large city.[/QUOTE]

The Kansas City area pretty much sells NO imports so you're wrong there.

bread's done
Back