Japan only games (English friendly)

vgossain

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
My wife is going to Japan for business and I saw that the PS3 is region free so she could pick up a PS3 game or two while she is there.

Are there any Japan only games that are English friendly that people would recommend?

I'm more of an action, puzzle and platformer fan so no RPGs.

I imported Mobile Suit Gundam: Battlefield Record U.C. 0081 from Japan and I've had no problems playing it, although the story is completely in Japanese, if that matters to you.

I think the obvious one would be Aquanaut's Holiday. It is more of an adventure game, a bit like Myst underwater only without the door/key puzzles. It is has a full English translation and trophy support, if youre into that sort of thing. Hakuna Matata used to be one, but it has since been released in the US with trophy support, which the JPN version lacks. I would personally try to pick up one of the Initial Ds or Wangan Midnight games, since theyre interesting racing titles and you dont need to understand a lot to play them.

A JPN or HK PSN card is also a really good idea, since there are some playable PSOne classics and other PSN games that are great picks.

It seems like there are very few JDM exclusive games worth importing these days on the PS3. Game development is just too expensive to exclusively release a game in one region. Also a lot of japanese developers have just lost their touch. It seems like the golden area of great japanese made games has come and gone.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I think the obvious one would be Aquanaut's Holiday. It is more of an adventure game, a bit like Myst underwater only without the door/key puzzles. It is has a full English translation and trophy support, if youre into that sort of thing. Hakuna Matata used to be one, but it has since been released in the US with trophy support, which the JPN version lacks. I would personally try to pick up one of the Initial Ds or Wangan Midnight games, since theyre interesting racing titles and you dont need to understand a lot to play them.

[/QUOTE]

I think only the Asian (Hong Kong or Korean ) version of Aquanaut's Holiday is in English.

bread's done
Back