Japan to Get Limited Edition Final Fantasy III DS - American Gamers Left Crying

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
So it seems that Japan and Europe are getting ALL the good colors when it comes to the DS. Well, let`s add insult to injury as well as some salt to the already pussy wound and take a gander at this LIMITED EDITION baby!

ff01.jpg

To be released the same day as Final Fantasy III in Japan, sometime in August. The color is coined as `Crystal White`. How fitting. ;)

I think this is definitely worth camping out over night for - Nagoya here I come!

Link for source - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109693

Meh, Japan always gets stuff like this. Plus, there'll be more DS colors coming to the US, but I'm happy with what I have right now.

[quote name='ureadyforacold1']lol I can do without the decals...[/QUOTE]

Are they really just decals? I thought all Limited Editions were laser engraved.

If they are just decals, I think I`ll pass too.

I suppose I'll be the bearer of bad news...(well for you guys in US)

Not only is Japan getting the Pink DSLite this month (for the ladies), the BLACK DSLite is coming here in September!

http://ds-x2.com/index.php?id=5432

So, including the new FFIII version, that sets the score to:

Japan - 6 colors
Euro - 2 colors
USofA - 1 color

Damn.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's a result of the Platinum GameCube being a lot more popular than the other colors here, or so it seems.

Stop the Presses!!!!! Japanese gamers are getting something limited/exclusive that the rest of the world won't see, and from Square!?!? nonetheless???? Need we forget Final Fantasy X: International, waiting 10 years for FF V, dumbed down FF IV, being mocked by Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest and need I mention them merging with Enix, who left us out of the loop on Dragon Quest V and VI among other games. I think they joined forces to better master their abilities to torment American Gamers. The fact that were are getting FF III is a victory by itself.

P.S. Bitter?!?!? I'm not bitter.

i want a bright, stand out color for my ds, like an orange or green

or maybe i want a pastel color like the green or blue ipod mini, or just a light blue

I just want some color on my ds

[quote name='paddlefoot']Stop the Presses!!!!! Japanese gamers are getting something limited/exclusive that the rest of the world won't see, and from Square!?!? nonetheless???? Need we forget Final Fantasy X: International, waiting 10 years for FF V, dumbed down FF IV, being mocked by Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest and need I mention them merging with Enix, who left us out of the loop on Dragon Quest V and VI among other games. I think they joined forces to better master their abilities to torment American Gamers. The fact that were are getting FF III is a victory by itself.

P.S. Bitter?!?!? I'm not bitter.[/quote]

Screw Square... they dont want to play nice with americans? Then dont buy their shit. I havent since FF 9.

Man...CAG has gotten BITTER of late. Being in Japan, though, glad to see the design's not all that hot...what little temptation to BUY BUY BUY is gone...I'm still happy with my standard, American-bought DS.

[quote name='Hollow Man']Apparently Nintendo hates us and Australia for some reason.

-HM[/quote]

No, Australia Hates us all...or maybe just me?

Does anyone else have their browsers close automatically on Yahoo when they try to search "Australia video game"?

Eh... it's kinda cool but it's so plain. But that can't be helped as the FF series has had that white theme since the release of FFVII.

I'm guessing the only limited edition DS we'll get will be a Pokemon one.:roll:

[quote name='Hollow Man']Apparently Nintendo hates us and Australia for some reason.

-HM[/QUOTE]

Aus-where?

Seriously, though. I'm thinking about importing a black DS from Europe, but now that it'll be available in Japan, I'll just wait for the prices to come down and reliability to go up.

I would def. wait for the reliability to go up. Considering a few people have pixel issues, my original one had the problem where the backlight of the bottom screen bleeds through the case, and the hue of white on the bottom screen varies wildly from unit to unit, it can't hurt to wait if you're the patient type.

-HM

not surprising-- this kind of thing moves units in Japan. It would just appease a couple fans here. those who MUST have it, will import it so there's no incentive to release it here.

[quote name='musicnoteless']No, Australia Hates us all...or maybe just me?

Does anyone else have their browsers close automatically on Yahoo when they try to search "Australia video game"?[/QUOTE]

Don`t forget the Limited Edition Mother 3 GBA with MOTHER 3!

Dang it - why won`t they release it in the US?

bread's done
Back