Japan Trade-In Food Chain: DS Lite Hot, Xbox 360 Not

[quote name='Snake2715']Ok,

So Cheapy if you decide to read this post... Do you run into stores that get NEW stock and then selling them as used to get higher than MSRP?

As is commony done over here with Eb/Gamestop?[/quote]

wow, more reasons why i will not be shopping at Gamestop

wow the net gain from tradingin in is amazing,

edit: ohhhhhhhhhhhhh i miss read the post

[quote name='Aleryn']Wonder how much of the 360's shunning is based on the possibility that the Japanese are upholding the status quo of ignoring foreign consoles.

And how much of the DS Lite's success, insanely high success is based on the flipside of that status quo. The obsession of having the latest greatest piece of electronics - that if you lack, are somehow lesser.

I could be way off, but that's the sort of thing this brings to mind for me. They just seem like a very trendy, chic society when it comes to electronics.[/QUOTE]

LOL, blame a whole country for 360's failure in Japan. You make it seem like the Japanese don't want to buy the 360 because it's American. Well the iPod was designed in American and it's a huge seller in Japan. In fact, Sony's mp3 Walkman can't even compete with the American Apple iPod. So I rest all the blame solely on MS for rushing this console out to market. Even if they waited another 6 months they could have had a stronger launch line up with more appealing games.

No, if I had watned to say that, I would have said "THE JAPANESE ARE ANTI-AMERICAN AND WONT BUY AN AMERICAN CONSOLE".

Which I didn't, because they aren't...just look at their culture, they suck up more American pop culture than Americans do!

The Japanese seem to have no interst in games like PGR3 (and yet they go apeshit over Gran Turismo games), Ghost Recon, or even DOA4. Now why is that?

Since they seem to buy driving and fighting games with great enthusiasm on other systems. I dunno why this is...maybe they are focused lately on other types of games, or maybe the japanese in general really do have a bit of cultural bias when it comes to, at least, Video Games.....and stick by Nintendo and Sony.

Who knows....but I definately dont thik you can just point the finger at microsoft and say "its their fault, they suck, their console sucks, I'm not buying one because the japanese dont like it"....which if you read through some of the posts in this thread seem to be what some peeps are implying.

[quote name='HeadRusch']No, if I had watned to say that, I would have said "THE JAPANESE ARE ANTI-AMERICAN AND WONT BUY AN AMERICAN CONSOLE".

Which I didn't, because they aren't...just look at their culture, they suck up more American pop culture than Americans do!

The Japanese seem to have no interst in games like PGR3 (and yet they go apeshit over Gran Turismo games), Ghost Recon, or even DOA4. Now why is that?

Since they seem to buy driving and fighting games with great enthusiasm on other systems. I dunno why this is...maybe they are focused lately on other types of games, or maybe the japanese in general really do have a bit of cultural bias when it comes to, at least, Video Games.....and stick by Nintendo and Sony.

Who knows....but I definately dont thik you can just point the finger at microsoft and say "its their fault, they suck, their console sucks, I'm not buying one because the japanese dont like it"....which if you read through some of the posts in this thread seem to be what some peeps are implying.[/QUOTE]

The Japanese market is all about product quality. Microsoft is software not hardware, hence they are not known to make quality hardware. It shows in their faulty xbox 360.

[quote name='Sejad']You know you are probably right, but you know what Microsoft said that they are gonna ruin PS3's launch WTF who are they to ruin anyone, just because it's a american company and it thinks it's strong their wrong. Japan has had systems out for like 30 years now dude are you gonna compare a fucking X-box with nintendo, Nintendo started it all man and guess what it's japanese. Just like you said Japanese people dont like american games cant blame them they barely have anything else then violent games japan has atleast Rpg's/Fighthing and many more.

Nintendo History

(No I am not a Nintendo Fan-Boy I am infact a Sony PlayStation fan-boy and HOPE XBOX DIES FOREVER because Microsoft is fucking greeddddddddddddddddddddddddyyyyyyyyyy and disgusting!!!!!!(go pirated XP)[/QUOTE]

Welcome to my ignore list.

[quote name='Sejad']You know you are probably right, but you know what Microsoft said that they are gonna ruin PS3's launch WTF who are they to ruin anyone, just because it's a american company and it thinks it's strong their wrong. Japan has had systems out for like 30 years now dude are you gonna compare a fucking X-box with nintendo, Nintendo started it all man and guess what it's japanese. Just like you said Japanese people dont like american games cant blame them they barely have anything else then violent games japan has atleast Rpg's/Fighthing and many more.

Nintendo History

(No I am not a Nintendo Fan-Boy I am infact a Sony PlayStation fan-boy and HOPE XBOX DIES FOREVER because Microsoft is fucking greeddddddddddddddddddddddddyyyyyyyyyy and disgusting!!!!!!(go pirated XP)[/QUOTE]

First off, you're an idiot. Plain and simple. Now on to the meat of the issue.

Famicom came out 23 years ago in japan, not 30, and that was Nintendo's first video game console. On top of that, they were NOT the first, Magnavox was. Magnavox is an American company. After the Magnavox odyssey, along came Atari, another American company, with Pong. So saying that Japan and Nintendo invented video games is an absolutely ridiculous assertion.

As far as the last part of your post, I don't think that needs any kind of retort because it pretty much speaks for itself. :roll:

[quote name='Sejad']HOPE XBOX DIES FOREVER because Microsoft is ing greeddddddddddddddddddddddddyyyyyyyyyy and disgusting!!!!!!(go pirated XP)[/QUOTE]

Cheapy, your gonna have to stop posting this stuff, its too much fuel for the trolls.

Japan is a land of more serious gamers, and serious gamers crave a system with series they can depend on. Microsoft has a lot of gutsy publishers on their side who are well-known on the computer, but were barely known for their console games (Bioware and Bethesda are the first two to come to mind)

In America, there are plenty more casual gamers, who will simply window-shop what interests them. But in Japan, I believe theres a law preventing the rental of video games in Japan, which lowers Japanese gamer's ability to try-before-they-buy. We also can't forget how expensive it is to live in a Japanese city, which certainly takes away gaming money. Therefore, gamers take less risks and instead buy the series they know they will enjoy.

In order to survive in Japan, Microsoft doesn't have to change their name. Japan loves American culture and products (iPod, American Movies, etc.). They, however, do not want to spend their money on a system that may not succeed, and it's not their problem if the new system on campus can't survive.

Microsoft is still going to need to gain a lot more street cred before they can takeover Japan, and street cred is not something that the American Titan can buy.

(Hey Sejad, guess what? I don't even own an XBox. All I have is a PS2, and even then I am having second doubts about the PS3. I hate Halo, but I hate ignorant system bashing more, and I am sure most of the rest of CAG will agree with me)

Xverex18 = Tard

Japan has totally better first person shooters, like Demon Tentacle Panty Horseradish, and Equator Machinegun AnimalFarm Zaibatsu.......both of those own GRAW, I tell you what. :p

bread's done
Back