Japanese Horror Films

notoriousxbox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (95%)
Alright guys I was watching a show on Bravo last nite entitled 100 Scariest Moments In Movies. There was one particular movie that caught my attention called Audition. Its a japanese horror film that is supposed to be out there to say the least.

Now anyone know of any sites where I might be able to pick this up. Tried Ebay but I'm hesitant about DVD's from them. Maybe someone who orders alot of anime and what not may be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the help.

Audition was released in the states on R1 DVD. You should be able to find it at any retailer/etailer.

Jeremy

[quote name='jrutz']Audition was released in the states on R1 DVD. You should be able to find it at any retailer/etailer.

Jeremy[/quote]

So far I tried Best Buy Circuit City and Fye and none of them have it.
Gonna take a look at amazon.

Ok tried Amazon, why do the prices for this movie range from $20-$180 ????

[quote name='notoriousxbox'][quote name='jrutz']Audition was released in the states on R1 DVD. You should be able to find it at any retailer/etailer.

Jeremy[/quote]

So far I tried Best Buy Circuit City and Fye and none of them have it.
Gonna take a look at amazon.

Ok tried Amazon, why do the prices for this movie range from $20-$180 ????[/quote]

Wow that is kinda suprising...Well it's probably out of print or something (I know it was often bootlegged for sometime), also I think it was released in a 3-disc Takashi Mike collection awhile ago too so maybe some listings are really for that or something.

I believe I saw it at Blockbuster a couple of times. You might be able to rent it instead of buying it (unless you actually want to keep a copy of it).

[quote name='punqsux']pick up stacy as well[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion. Any other well done movies out there that you CAG'ers can recommend to me.

Really looking to purchase the movie and others like it to add to my collection.

Looking at the amazon site I saw another movie Ichi The Killer anyone seen that one ?

Just reading the description of Stacy on amazon and it sounds out there. Thanks for the other suggestions.

Punq you have a site that you get these from you can refer me to ?

no, these are just movies ive seen. check peoples lists on amazon, often people make lists of similar movies.

ive been watching alot of japanese cinema recently, though mostly korsawa films, which are much more traditional that what it sounds like youre looking for.

While it's not Japanese and not really a horror movie exactly, Oldboy is a good Korean, revenge-type film that should be having a limited film release in a couple weeks. I'd suggest it...

Has anyone seen Shikoku???

I just impule bought it,... but don't want to open it without confirmation that its a keeper.

I'll tell you that I didn't like Ju-On, so you know where I stand.

LM K
Thanks.

picked up PHONE off BBO and only watched it for around 20 mins couldnt understand what was going on.

i taped THE EYE off Stars last weekend but still have to watch it.

i heard some say the eye was an okay movie but PHONE i have no clue what was going on their

[quote name='thatstoobad']i wouldn't really consider audition a "horror" movie, but there's a part near the end of the movie that's really, really brutal.

here's a link to an ebay auction for the version i have. it seems as though it's out of print.[/quote]

Yea the movie is OOP right now. Scanning those ebay auctions I saw that one but didnt decide to keep an eye on it. The photo is a stock photo, its coming from Asia and the DVD is region 1. On top of that just searching around a legit copy of that movie seems to be fetching way more than that. That particular auction doesnt give me confidence that its a legit copy.

Slidecage what does BBO mean ?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']This reminds me. I saw the Guinea Pig Movie pack in Best Buy the other weekend. I was suprised to say the least since I thought those could only be ordered online.

Here's their history and some pics... Click on the history page.[/quote]

Just took a look at this site and these movies seem like theyre no joke. I tried Best Buy online but theyt dont have a listing for them.

Do you happen to remeber which movies came in the pack and how much ? I'm gonna check my local best buy but they never have anything good. Actually I just found this site is this what your referring to Ackbar ?

http://www.venturadistribution.com/new_releases/serve/8991/Guinea+Pig+-+Box+Set+(4-Disc)

I know there were four movies in the set at Best Buy. It cme in a black box and it was on the shelf in the horror section.

I just picked it up to look at it because I was suprised to see it on a retail shelf. But I didn't check the price.

I'd definitely recommend Oldboy as mentioned earlier. I still couldn't stop thinking about that movie 2 months after watching it.

I've seen The Eye and A Tale of Two Sisters before. The Eye is not too bad, kind of scary in some parts (I speak Cantonese so I experienced the movie's intend w/o being lost in translation), but it may get a little silly later on for some people. A Tale of Two Sisters is only ok, but it isn't scary at all; more of a dark drama instead.

I haven't seen Audition yet, but I've heard about it for a long time now. Maybe I'll get around to watch that one.

I'm basically looking for some good movies. Whether they be graphic which is what the Guinea Pig Box collection sounds like to Audition which from what I read and what you guys have told me isnt a horror but more like a pyschological thriller.

Good thing is my list has grown now to include some more movies. Oldboy from the previous posters and a couple others I have bumped into searching the web today.

Appreciate all the responses which is way more than I thought I would get on a Saturday.

Any other ones people can think of I'm open to all suggestions :)

Hey i just watched that same show earlier! (it was pretty good too, unfortunately i was home alone and had to pee when it was over and of course the bathroom light decides to die, i was like, eehhhh!)

suprised i hadn't heard of it at all, it was up pretty high. some of those movies were fantastic and i'd forgotten about them. case in point~ 'wait until dark"

[quote name='tauruskatt']Hey i just watched that same show earlier! (it was pretty good too, unfortunately i was home alone and had to pee when it was over and of course the bathroom light decides to die, i was like, eehhhh!)

suprised i hadn't heard of it at all, it was up pretty high. some of those movies were fantastic and i'd forgotten about them. case in point~ 'wait until dark"[/quote]

I was a little disappointed they didn't put Suspira higher on the list....

bread's done
Back