Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Iris Heart really needs her own game..
Damn straight she does. Though I think I'm getting a little tired of the Neptunia formula. I am not really enjoying Nep VII. The dialogue isn't as funny as the other titles and the constant grind for every item/Lilly rank is killing me. Its more of a chore than Nep U.

Trillion: God of Destruction is getting an LE at the Iffy store. Goes live on March 8th at a price of $58.

[customspoiler='LE Includes']
TRON1_LE_SET_US_FULL__03481.1456348774.1280.1280.png

Includes:

Trillion 1,000,000,000,000: God of Destruction for the PlayStation®Vita system
Trillion Sticker Set
Trillion Official Artbook
Trillion Official Soundtrack
Trillion Poster
Reversible Cover Sleeve
Collector's Box

Trillion Sticker Set (Shipped with order.)
Not all of the Overlords can stick around in the game, but luckily they can stick around in real life with this sleek matte-finish sticker set! Now's your chance to immortalize your favorite Overlords!
Dimensions: 5"x8" per sheet (Including 4 -5 characters on each sheet)

Trillion Official Artbook
Consume the layers of the Underworld with this hardcover artbook, featuring delicious illustrations, biographies, background images, and rough sketches from the game!
Size: 5.9" x 8.1"
Page #: 44

Trillion Official Soundtrack
Psych yourself up to face the one and only God of Destruction with 11 jams from the Underworld!
# of songs and background music: 11
Approx. 34 minutes

Trillion Beach Day Poster
It's not all doom and gloom in the Underworld! Take the Overlords on a well-deserved break from fighting Trillion with a picturesque day at the beach in this bright and cheery, 11"x15.5" poster!
Size: 11" x 15.5"

Reversible Cover Sleeve Art
Flip the cover sheet to enjoy the original Japanese standard edition package art on your retail copy of Trillion!

Collector's Box
Keep the Underworld and its layers safe in this beautiful, sturdy box! Just make sure to keep it away from Trillion!
Dimensions: 6.9" x8.6" x 1.6"[/customspoiler]

Probably will buy this. Not so much out of the typical "OMG JRPG LE I NEED IT", but the fact I just recently looked it up and it seems like a really fun looking game.

NoA: Fire Emblem - February

NoE: Bravely Second - February

NoA: Bravely Second - April

NoE: Fire Emblem - April

They're switched around.

Updated the thread with the link for Trillion LE, made a new IFFY link for it if that's ok.

Wow, a lot of disdain for Blanny in this thread, I remember the same thing happened when she first won the poll thing. I don't think Noire had a poll though, at least it wasn't for a spin-off, she just won the popularity contest they have like every year or something. But it's funny because Nep 7 has a line where Neptune says she beat Noire again.

I think Blanc's alright though, I think they replaced her VA lately, or maybe she had a change of tone, she seems a little different now, more happy and energetic than the original trilogy. But she might've gone too far with "Blanny Blanny Bii..."

I do hope Plutia get's a spinoff too though, much more than Vert, if they make another one, which they probably will. My top 5 is Noire, Neptune, Plutia, Nepgear, and Uzume.

Damnit now I have to get the Trillion LE.... Yeah I will end up paying twice the Amazon price, but I...must....have .....it...

Probably will buy this. Not so much out of the typical "OMG JRPG LE I NEED IT", but the fact I just recently looked it up and it seems like a really fun looking game.

Did you see something different than I saw? Because this persuaded me to change my mind about picking it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hziScw4z0pg

Raiden V is coming to North America and the Europe on Xbox One at some point in the future.

https://twitter.com/lifelower/status/702834132888350720

Not sure about Trillion, maybe the next trailer will be able to push me one way or the other. Anyone read any reviews when it was released in Japan?

Not sure about Trillion, maybe the next trailer will be able to push me one way or the other. Anyone read any reviews when it was released in Japan?
It's a waifu training game, that should be all you need to know.

As for reviews, I remember when it was first released in Japan hearing that it's kind of sad. I watched part of Let's Play, but bailed before seeing any spoilers, so I don't know what that amounts to.

Along these lines I would also recommend Fortune Summoners. It's a metroidvania sidescroller that is considerably difficult due to its precise button input required to pull off attacks. You really can't get by on button mashing. Of all the cute girl games, of which I've played many, Fortune Summoners is one of the best at capturing the feeling of being a cute girl. When the girls went out adventuring to slay monsters, or had sleepovers at their friends house, I totally bought it as "this is what little girls do on their free time". Very believable character development.

Atelier is a turn based JRPG with a heavy focus on item synthesis. I guess that already trips a red flag for you, but it's my absolute favorite video game series of all time. A lot of focus on the characters and their relationships. One of the endings in Ayesha is the girls getting together to have a tea party if that gives you any idea of how light hearted the games are.
Okay ya, turn based + heavy item synthesis is raising red flags lol making me run away lol ugh I wish I more time for gaming so I could enjoy turn-based & heavy item synthesis lol. When I miss & wanna play turn-based I can run to my FF games xD

Fortune Summoners looks interesting xD

Yeah, synthesis is a main component all the way through the series. That said, if you're looking for a cutesy, light-hearted RPG under 100 hours, I don't think there are many better places to look than the Atelier series. I'd highly recommend giving one of them a shot. (Though avoid original Rorona at all costs. If you decide to start there, make sure you get Rorona Plus. Original Rorona is terrible.)
Hmmm maybe I'll grab it as the free game for one of those b2g1 deals at GS to check it out though not heavily interested in synthesis lol...

What about adorable & cutesy light-hearted rpg over 100 hours? I mean nothing wild like 500 hrs or something lol, only time i think i'd wanna invest that much time into a game is if it's an mmo or something =/

And I so do wish Capcom will release Dragon's Dogma Online in English already =( it looks so interesting

Did you see something different than I saw? Because this persuaded me to change my mind about picking it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hziScw4z0pg
Yeah, I was leaning towards getting Trillion until I watched that trailer. That trailer makes the game look super un-fun to me.

I thought I saw a glimpse of that horrendous enemy-moves-one-square-for-every-square-you-move nonsense that Dragon Fin Soup had. Definitely not my cup of tea.

So Quantum Suicide is coming to Vita. Thanks to Sekai Project....

Digital only too. 

I'm not excited. I'm still waiting for Sekai to release the other Vita titles they're supposed to have...

3c1ee6436ea515ec4b7ea5fe07a4db55_original.png

It's like they made this image to mock me...

It's a waifu training game, that should be all you need to know.

As for reviews, I remember when it was first released in Japan hearing that it's kind of sad. I watched part of Let's Play, but bailed before seeing any spoilers, so I don't know what that amounts to.
Thanks for the info :)

Nights of Azure details Servans, Demon Forms
Koei Tecmo has shared new Nights of Azure information, video, and screenshots, introducing the Servans that fight alongside protagonist Arnice and the four demon forms she can take on.

Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator details Raven, teases Dizzy
Arc System Works has released new Guilty Gear Xrd: Revleator information and screenshots, detailing recently confirmed playable character Raven and teasing the reveal of Dizzy.

Black Rose Valkyrie Gets Beautiful Character Art by Kosuke Fujishima
Today Compile Heart opened the official website of the upcoming PS4 exclusive JRPG Black Rose Valkyrie, releasing this year in Japan.

New Japanese Interview From The Legend of Zelda Developers Goes In-Depth With Twilight Princess
Nintendo Japan has just posted a new interview from The Legend of Zelda developers (including Producer Eiji Aonuma), featuring the team discussing the title in depth.

Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force introduces Sherman, Ryushin, Ethel, Karin, Harley, and Bahus

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Gets New Screenshots Introducing Dana

Touhou Project fighting game Urban Legend in Limbo coming to PS4
http://gematsu.com/2016/02/touhou-project-fighting-game-urban-legend-limbo-coming-ps4

Stranger of Sword City details Facilities, Butterfly Nests, and Magical Stones
http://gematsu.com/2016/02/stranger-sword-city-details-facilities-butterfly-nests-magical-stones

Eight minutes of Gundam Breaker 3 customization gameplay
http://gematsu.com/2016/02/eight-minutes-gundam-breaker-3-customization-gameplay

Ace Attorney 6 Japanese release date to be announced on March 6
http://gematsu.com/2016/02/ace-attorney-6-japanese-release-date-announced-march-6

Digimon World: Next Order screenshots
http://gematsu.com/2016/02/digimon-world-next-order-screenshots-10

Pokemon Sun and Moon announced for 3DS
http://gematsu.com/2016/02/pokemon-sun-moon-announced-3ds

Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow support the Pokemon Bank
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/26/pokemon-red-blue-yellow-support-pokemon-bank/

Rumor: 3DS 2016 plans leaked, The Legend of Zelda Wii U an NX holiday 2016 launch title, more
http://gematsu.com/2016/02/rumor-3ds-2016-plans-leaked-legend-zelda-wii-u-nx-holiday-2016-launch-title

bread's done
Back