Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
But even Nep herself likes Neptunia games

fgchlrc40sfqdf6anltx.jpg
If the Neptunia games looked like that I'd buy them all!

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk Gets Official Western Release Date and New Trailer

Coming physically and digitally to PlayStation 4, and digital-only to PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, and PC on February 21 in North America and February 24 in Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GREzfETwRbA

The Last Guardian Looks Gorgeous in 16 Minutes of Gameplay Footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k30o4cpVdn4

PC Browser Exclusive Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation Gets First Teaser Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgvUdwFYEfg

Rewrite announced for PS4

BlazBlue: Central Fiction ‘Mai Natsume’ introduction trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqYOmp4SVIE

Yakuza 6 17-minute TGS 2016 gameplay demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUHC59YBogM

Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru 20-minute TGS 2016 gameplay demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-udSsJKlJto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoueupXSQi4

Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls LE goes live soon for North America.

Europe is down to 25% stock.

There's actually a difference between the two since Dreamcast was blue in Europe to avoid a copyright issue.

So amazons customers service reps solution to my zero time dilemna situation was to change my shipping speed to same delivery. Charge me for same day delivery without even telling me. And the game/watch still doesn't get shipped out. What a headache.
I had the exact same issue you did, decided to be patient and had my game stuck in limbo and no email for the watch.

I had to call Amazon directly and the first line guy couldn't help me at all. He even kept trying to push me to cancel my order and just reorder the standard edition of the game without any guarantee I'd get the watch.

I had to threaten to contact Aksys and then call back to have a different Amazon rep help me, before he finally put me on the line with a manager or something. As soon as she got on the phone, she was able to get my game shipped out and sent me an email to order the watch.

Preordered my Nep. I'm pretty excited for this one since Sega Hard Girls is great.

Also got my ZTD watch. I kind of want to actually wear it but the band seems like it'll break pretty easily.

I had the exact same issue you did, decided to be patient and had my game stuck in limbo and no email for the watch.

I had to call Amazon directly and the first line guy couldn't help me at all. He even kept trying to push me to cancel my order and just reorder the standard edition of the game without any guarantee I'd get the watch.

I had to threaten to contact Aksys and then call back to have a different Amazon rep help me, before he finally put me on the line with a manager or something. As soon as she got on the phone, she was able to get my game shipped out and sent me an email to order the watch.
What has Amazon become.... :( the head aches everyone has to keep going through oi....

What has Amazon become.... :( the head aches everyone has to keep going through oi....
"Become"?

These issues are really nothing new, at least for me. While their CS is good in most normal situations, when it comes to LE, bonus, or sold out products, it's no holds barred.

It feels like their customer service quality dropped overnight. They used to be phenomenal with sorting out problems. I had to call Amazon's CS three times last week and hung up on two of them until I finally got someone who was (just barely) competent and took care of the issue.

Amazon CS has always been total garbage in my opinion. They are just a bunch of script reading refund monkeys. The instant you ask for anything more complicated than that they lock up, lie, and do whatever it takes to get you off the phone and mark your case resolved for their stats.

Idea Factory International Launches Hilarious Trailer for Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls Limited Edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZA9MYDHfac

Valkyria: Azure Revolution’s Developers Kept their Promise: Ophelia’s Ugly Leggings Are Gone

School Girl Zombie Hunter Gets First 1080p Screenshots

Akiba’s Beat Gets New English Trailer Starring Reiji

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZavuTAhwpbk

Gravity Rush 2 Looks Fantastic in 10 Minutes of Colorful Direct Feed Gameplay Footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-612I3uQw0

Digimon World: Next Order coming west for PS4, PS Vita in early 2017

"Bandai Namco sent an updated press release at 5:00 p.m. on September 15, clarifying mistakes in the original press release sent out on September 14. It will be released physically and digitally for PlayStation 4, and digitally for PS Vita."

Finally beat Cold Steel II. My god that felt longer than it was. It definitely ends the story that took place over Cold Steel I & II, but it opens up some new questions and doesn't really answer some others. However there is no groin kicking Falcom cliffhanger, which is good. I wasn't really expecting the Divertissement, which was interesting. That ass though, which you'll unequivocally understand if you ever play it.

Not sure whether I'll go through for another playthrough relatively soon or not. I've heard the NG+ only questline has some very heavy Trails in the Sky the 3rd spoilers. So if I do go through it again, it'll probably be more of a rush job and skip the NG+ questline until I've beaten TitS the 3rd. Outside of that there were a lot of references to both Trails in the Sky as well as Trails of Zero/Azure, which had much stronger references as the story has some overlap with Cold Steel I & II.

English voices for the most part were pretty good with some really outstanding ones. I really liked one of the new villains and they played their dialogue/voice over quite well. I think I'd be hard pressed to find anybody who actually hated this character for any reason on than they're a villain.

I'll probably do a write-up at some point for Cold Steel II, but I fear that it may be lengthier than past ones. As if they couldn't get any longer. I really hope we get Trails of Zero/Azure localized at some point, even if we have to wait for the more than likely PS4 re-release/remake. Well, I can dream anyways.

I know many people usually don't care when I rant about eroge but I do have some initial impressions of Funbag Fantasy:

It's pretty well made honestly. The characters aren't too bad, and I like the main character a decent amount. He's not a bad guy, and he just does what he does, and it's not moronic usually. Even when it is, he has an inner monologue to give more depth to his character. This is a nukige through and through, but it's also entertaining. I've only been through 1 ending, but i'm pretty sure that's the first of a few of these I could do. This is definently at least B+ tier Nukige, which I reserve for games like Imouto Paradise and Eroge! Sex and Games Make Sexy Games. I generally don't play Nukige, but I read favorable reviews, was impressed and purchased it. I can't wait to get the rest of the endings, and I've heard the true ending is pretty good. Waffle is pretty excited to be having their game localized, and it's worth buying into this one. Note that their is a lot of oppai related stuff in this one, but it's a fun one and has decent characters so far.

There is a reason Mangagamer charges more for these Nukige games.....they are better than the lower priced stuff IMHO. Euphoria was also this price....but that one was just not to my liking....haha.

Amazon CS has always been total garbage in my opinion. They are just a bunch of script reading refund monkeys. The instant you ask for anything more complicated than that they lock up, lie, and do whatever it takes to get you off the phone and mark your case resolved for their stats.
I agree that since I've dealt with them over the years, fixing issues that require any effort on their part, is always a waste of time in the end. As you state, if a refund is needed, their good to go, but if anything else is required, their like "uh, what, I don't know, what was that", so forth and so on.

I've come to know what they can and can't do, so I know what to try and fix, and what to just give up and move on.

eh If I decide I want it I'll just import the english asian release if there is one for digimon just like I did with cyber sluts.

I was able to get ZTD shipped by changing the payment method and address. And also got the email for claiming the watch. Thanks to arsenalcrazy for giving solutions.

Bandai Namco Europe and U.K. Have stated on twitter no ps vita version in regards to Digimon so I am thinking it's done. Although Official Bandai Namco website states both....

Kind of off topic, but is anyone still keeping up with both parts of the Danganronpa 3 anime? Because so much crap is happening in both that it's making me really angry/depressed.

Like the way Nanami is killed off in episode 10 of the Despair arc.....I didn't think I could hate Junko anymore than I already did, but this definitely made it happen. So sad. And don't get me started on what happened to Kyoko in the Future arc either....ugh

I have a feeling that this anime is going to change Danganronpa as one of my favorite series to one of my most hated series.....

bread's done
Back