Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tales of Berseria third trailer
http://gematsu.com/2016/03/tales-berseria-third-trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OviA2xmroPk
possible final boss is shown 19 seconds in.

Nice to see magireux is gonna be a mage otherwise her design would be really stupid.

I really have to wonder if eleanor is gonna be a full or temp after that trailer though. Lots of fights with her on top of having alicias weapon aren't a good sign.

Tales of Berseria third trailer
http://gematsu.com/2016/03/tales-berseria-third-trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OviA2xmroPk
That's resonating with more than Zestria (which I haven't picked up yet). Likely in for one PC version.

Man, with Trails in the Sky, Tales of, and a bunch of other great series all coming to PC, I will likely not be buying a console this generation for the first time in 20+ years. Really glad the PC crowd is both getting and showing love for Japanese titles.

If FFXV gets confirmed for PC...

EXCLUSIVE LOOK AT POKKEN GAMEPLAY:

req7tBU.jpg
I haven't been too familiar with pokemon since it's inception. At what entry did they start pikachu on a steroid regiment? :lol:

I actually got good use out of it. I used the bib on my younger son when he was a baby, and the spoon and plate are still in his utensil rotation.

It was a shitty bib though, no easy clasp and no plastic lining to keep his neck dry.
WOW, that's awesome you actually found use for those items. This is one of the only LE I didn't pick up when the price was right, as I just had ZERO use for any of those extra items. It's no surprise whatsoever that the bib was crap, as I suspect they never thought it would actually be used.

You call them? I got a shipping notice yesterday evening.
Ended up doing it a bit earlier, they bumped me up to 1 day shipping and its coming Wednesday unless it comes early.

Still not sure why it didnt end up coming tomorrow, I had the order since like December when it went up. But whatever, I'm so hooked on Division I probably wasnt gonna touch it till Wednesday or Thursday anyway.

The Chrono Trigger-inspired JRPG Square-Enix revealed last year is heading here this summer with the name "I am Setsuna": http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/14/setsuna-releasing-playstation-4-pc-summer-west/

For whatever reason, they decided to only bring it to PS4 and PC here, shafting us on the Vita version--a shame because it looked like a perfect fit there despite the crazy-long loading screens that I had hoped were patch-able.

Is Best Buy even receiving the endless summer edition? I read the description and it doesn't look like BB is. Guess i will have to go ahead and pay the $48 instead of waiting for a BB clearance sale with GCU

The Chrono Trigger-inspired JRPG Square-Enix revealed last year is heading here this summer with the name "I am Setsuna": http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/14/setsuna-releasing-playstation-4-pc-summer-west/

For whatever reason, they decided to only bring it to PS4 and PC here, shafting us on the Vita version--a shame because it looked like a perfect fit there despite the crazy-long loading screens that I had hoped were patch-able.
Looks to be digital only on PS4. http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1197001
Is Best Buy even receiving the endless summer edition? I read the description and it doesn't look like BB is. Guess i will have to go ahead and pay the $48 instead of waiting for a BB clearance sale with GCU
All physical copies of Estival Versus are the Endless Summer edition.

The trend of skipping the vita/ps3 versions is only going to become more prevalent. At least I can play it on PC I suppose.

I got a question. Does anyone think this is a good deal or no? 

PS Vita +32GB and 8GB memory stick and 26 games for $400
A PS Vita 2000(with a 8GB Memory Stick for free)
1 32 GB Memory Stick
A Protective case
26 Games:
- Assassin's Creed III Liberation
- Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
- Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (come a artbook, and music cd)
- Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars
- Toukiden: Kiwami
- Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & The Monster Seal
- Gravity Rush
- Resistance: Burning Skies
- Virtue's Last Reward
- Final Fantasy 10 HD Remaster
- Mind Zero
- Rayman Legends
- Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax (come with a music cd)
- Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
- Sword Art Online: Lost Song
- Corpse Party: Blood Drive
- Lost Dimension
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss
- Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
- Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed -
- Demon Gaze
- Dragon's Crown
- Superbeat: Xonic
- Little Deviants
- The Wolf Among Us
- Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten

^I'd say so. Some of those games are tossable (Little Deviants, Mind Zero), but that's otherwise a great value assuming the games are all complete.

I don't think it's a good value, personally. I'm estimating about $380-400 total, had the games been new (judging by how much I paid for most of them or could have gotten them for).

Used and complete, I'd offer no more than like $350. And that'd depend largely on how many games I wanted from the lot.

^I'd say so. Some of those games are tossable (Little Deviants, Mind Zero), but that's otherwise a great value assuming the games are all complete.
I was thinking along the same lines as you but then realize there are quite a lot of mehh one there too. Thank you for your input :)

I don't think it's a good value, personally. I'm estimating about $380-400 total, had the games been new (judging by how much I paid for most of them or could have gotten them for).

Used and complete, I'd offer no more than like $350. And that'd depend largely on how many games I wanted from the lot.
I also had the same thought process because there were only a few I wanted from the list, and some of them I believe are just throw away's.

Thing is the seller doesn't want to sell them individually and I was thinking of buying the whole thing and then selling what I don't want but when I look at it, I probably won't get back a good value. Honestly I want like 8 games on that list and 12 if I am pushing the ones that I am mehh on. I was just going to buy the whole thing to get those games and sell but I had second thoughts and decided to ask here.

Thanks for your input :)

When is someone's expensive used lot of games ever a good deal?  Find yourself a Vita for ~$120 used and buy the games you want.  Most games are  < $20.

I think there's some value in that bundle, but not a lot.

If you assume the vita is worth like 120, 32GB memory card is like 50, and 8GB is about 20 then 26 games x $10 per game (very rough estimate. A few are obviously worth more, but some you'd be lucky to sell at all) will get you at about $450.

When is someone's expensive used lot of games ever a good deal? Find yourself a Vita for ~$79 used and buy the games you want. Most games are &lt; $20.
ftfy spending more than 100 on a vita you should be getting new not used. On that note if you buy used ebay 100% the way to go since you can get square trade warranty through ebay.

My SK Estival Versus  shipped and was overnighted by BB so I'll have that tomorrow. Aegis of Earth from Amazon has not shipped despite release day shipping being noted. I'd imagine odds of finding that in stores  tomorrow is going to be about zero but I'll look anyway since I'm impatient this week.

I think there's some value in that bundle, but not a lot.

If you assume the vita is worth like 120, 32GB memory card is like 50, and 8GB is about 20 then 26 games x $10 per game (very rough estimate. A few are obviously worth more, but some you'd be lucky to sell at all) will get you at about $450.
I forgot to mention that I live in Canada if that makes the bundle any better as our games are $10 higher for Vita.... more for other consoles ofcourse.

My SK Estival Versus shipped and was overnighted by BB so I'll have that tomorrow. Aegis of Earth from Amazon has not shipped despite release day shipping being noted. I'd imagine odds of finding that in stores tomorrow is going to be about zero but I'll look anyway since I'm impatient this week.
My preordered Aegis of Earth from Best Buy just shipped this evening so I doubt I will be getting it release day unless they send it for overnight delivery.

11 minutes of Digimon World: Next Order gameplay

Showcasing the game from picking your first Digi-Egg to raising your Baby level Digimon to the Rookie level and roaming around the Digital World.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fLD2_MaKLw

Romancing SaGa 2 for PS Vita, smartphones launches March 24 in Japan

Watch the debut trailer.

Kenka Bancho Otome opening movie

Spike Chunsoft has released the debut trailer for Kenka Bancho Otome, its upcoming PS Vita otome visual novel from RED Entertainment based on the Kenka Bancho series.

I forgot to mention that I live in Canada if that makes the bundle any better as our games are $10 higher for Vita.... more for other consoles ofcourse.
If that's $400CAD, sure it's a deal. Most of those games you can't easily hunt down at $10-$20. And reselling shouldn't be that hard on eBay. Just ship with Canada Post lettermail and you'll be $10+USD cheaper than most US sellers gouging with Global Shipping Program prices...

My preordered Aegis of Earth from Best Buy just shipped this evening so I doubt I will be getting it release day unless they send it for overnight delivery.
After doing some looking around it looks like Aegis of Earth isn't going to be sold in stores period so guess I'm waiting until Thursday.

bread's done
Back