Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
source.gif

Out of pure morbid curiosity, why "NEVER" on PC? Wait, is this a physical/digital thing? If so nevermind. If not though, I'm curious.
Yeah, nothing against PC, I just never play there anymore. Over the years, the few titles I ever bought, I rarely played, or when I did decide to play, they didn't work due to some issues of compatibility. So most of my past experiences just never where that great, so over the years I stopped shopping there, and never looked back.

PC is also an area with the latest and greatest seems to be the order of the day, and I'm just not one of those types of people. I just got a new smart phone last week, that replaced my Galaxy S2, that I bought brand new years ago. So that should show how much I'm about upgrading, and sadly, I never saw the PC market as a place for a gamer like me.

There are still more free ones I don't list that can be found here. Though if I get the job I just applied to recently, then I won't be able to do Tuesday posts anymore unless I do it in the late evening after I get home and eat dinner.

Lol breh, you don't seem to understand that contractual agreements with retailers are literally what is stopping retailers from allowing the game to be imported, which you would know if you did any research that game.co.uk has exclusivity for the contract for England and Wales , and gamestop italia has exclusivity for italy.

but stay a salty edgelord though. It's cool.
What's with everyone saying "breh" now? Did I miss something?

Yes, blame Japanese company bandai namco for UK retailer Game. Makes perfect sense.

And people wonder why everyone sees Americans as fucking idiots.

The misdirection here sadly is an analogy for how the U.S. is handling pretty much everything that matters lately.
It must suck to be inferior.

For the few here are interested in the Trails from Zero/Zero no Kiseki fan translation, they just posted a 70% update. It's coming along at an even slower pace than I was hoping. The 60% update was on February 23rd, which is about a four month gap and twice as slow as my previous estimate with their speed at that time. It includes some screenshots and a new 30 minute demo movie.

Still nothing on the Ao no Kiseki fan translation since the translator wanted to 'touch up' his translation before releasing the rough version to the public. The guy went on vacation when he was near the end and I don't think he's been heard from since.

As for Cold Steel III, if XSeed does have it and their fastest translator is on it then it would take a bare minimum of ten months to translate. That of course doesn't include editing and QA. So if we're very lucky, then we might hear something about it in the next few months. Although I'm not sure I'd expect much until around the end of the year.

PS+ Games for July:

:ps4: Heavy Rain

:ps4: Absolver

:ps3: Rayman 3 HD

:ps3: Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess

:vita: Space Overlords

:vita: Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma

We've got two thread related games this upcoming month.

The Amazon/Twitch Prime July PC Games still aren't listed for July yet, but it will probably be announced later today if the last two months are any indication.

PS+ Games for July:

:ps4: Heavy Rain
:ps4: Absolver
:ps3: Rayman 3 HD
:ps3: Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess
:vita: Space Overlords
:vita: Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma

We've got two thread related games this upcoming month.

The Amazon/Twitch Prime July PC Games still aren't listed for July yet, but it will probably be announced later today if the last two months are any indication.
Thanks Draekon! Nothing for me — but they offer Deception IV on PS3 but not on PS4? Man...

Good Luck with the possible new job. Hope everything works out for you!!

I bought Deception on release for Vita and never played for more than a couple hours. Really need to go back to it once I get a new charger. ZTD is an embarrassment to the franchise, but at least the pricing is right (if you don't value your time that is.)

I'm glad Street Fighter V had its survival mode patched. Got the plat last night, and can finally delete that game for good. 

FFVII Remake Sephiroth or Cloud PS5/PS4 Pro, FFVII Remake Ultimate CE, FFXIII Trilogy Collection, more digital incentives, and Parasite Eve.  :bouncy:

Well, some Overwatch news since the new hero has been shown/announced. They haven't officially said its name yet, but it should be Hammond. Another Horizon Lunar Colony specimen like Winston... except he's a hampster as shown here:

Twitter Link

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1012334868544479232

Maybe Jetpack Cat can become a real thing still. While I'm at it, here's the latest patch that just hit Tuesday. There are a fair amount of noteworthy changes.

June 26th Patch Rundown

Symmetra Rework Rundown

Symmetra Teleporter Rundown

A short version without watching the gifs giving specific info:

Symmetra was reworked quite significantly and is almost nothing like what she used to be. Horizon Lunar Colony map was reworked. New Looking for Group system with an endorsement system.

Finally, there will be some changes to Sombra in the future. They're still experimenting, but right now they're running with infinite invisibility, but cutting her invisibility speed to 50% boost from 75% as well as making it impossible to contest the payload while invisible. Also they're making it to where you can destroy you translocator instead of being forced to teleport to it or wait for the timer to expire.

I'll probably wait to post specific info on the hero whenever the next event is announced as I assume it will be out by then.

EDIT: There's a chance that Blizzard trolled everyone on the new hero reveal and it's actually The Junker Queen in the poster behind with Hammond being an ability by her.

EDIT 2: The new characters nickname is Wrecking Ball. He's a tank, can shift into ball mode and use grappling hooks.

[customspoiler='Introducing Wrecking Ball']
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTDAJ0DGLXY[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Origin Story']
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEnC_N06Uxc[/customspoiler]

First Look

He's also out on PTR now.

i hope you dont mean that damn mobile port....cause efff that...
Don't know about mobile as I rarely play mobile games. I'm thinking of a continuation of the series on PS1/PS2. A Switch version of a new 2D sprite-based Valkyrie Profile 3 would be high on my want list.

Nobody asked for more crazy expensive CEs and pricey season passes with laughable content? Then how will they know?
I told them they should lower the prices of their expensive CEs so more CAGs will buy them ;)

I asked for Tifa's breasts to be kept in tact for FFVII Remake and not get a reduction as well as give them jiggle physics. I also asked them to send one of the $500 prizes my way.

Well, some Overwatch news since the new hero has been shown/announced. They haven't officially said its name yet, but it should be Hammond. Another Horizon Lunar Colony specimen like Winston... except he's a hampster as shown here:

EDIT 2: The new characters nickname is Wrecking Ball. He's a tank, can shift into ball mode and use grappling hooks.

[customspoiler='Introducing Wrecking Ball']
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTDAJ0DGLXY[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Origin Story']
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEnC_N06Uxc[/customspoiler]

First Look

He's also out on PTR now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raWQuZiv2qI

Shikhondo looks so good, but I need to behave. You know you order too much from Play-Asia when you type in “my” and your phone suggests “mypsvita.” Lol.

Who am I kidding? I love shmups.

A challenger approaches!
Well, this is a Japanese-focused thread. If Google were to make a competing console/service, how likely would it be for Japanese games to show up on it?

It depends on what manner of device it was, I suppose. Google does produce Android. And there have been a lot of Japanese developers who have shifted over to a mobile focus/support. A Google console that uses some modified version of Android as its operating system might be able to see some relatively easy ports for Japanese devs. If they went for less general hardware/OS, they would probably have a much more challenging time convincing Japanese developers to come onboard.

Given the nature of Google, I would expect something more along the lines of a mobile-focused console. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if such an effort was designed as a more modest set-top box, or as a full-on mobile solution with a TV dock. I've got a feeling that someone might have Switch envy.

the mobile port is literally Valkyrie Profile one.. ported to your phone.. I'm so mad they did that with the stupid cinematic trailer and date when it "showed" up.... UGH..... 

SE also got some expensive wine to go with your expensive CE now too... Some Shiva/ Ifrit wines.... 

Shikhondo looks so good, but I need to behave. You know you order too much from Play-Asia when you type in “my” and your phone suggests “mypsvita.” Lol.
At least your phone recommends you practical stuff. I type in "my" and my phone suggests a bunch of dirty and lewd stuff.

At least your phone recommends you practical stuff. I type in "my" and my phone suggests a bunch of dirty and lewd stuff.
Now that phone stuff sounds pretty practical. I type in “my” and my phone suggests myanimelist even though I’ve only watched like two anime in my life

Currently watching Jojo though and it’s amazing, highly recommend

bread's done
Back