Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to daveydarko for the news updates. It's one of the main reasons I read this post regularly.

Not aware of any big deals currently. Best I can mention is that 3DS Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Curtain Call has dropped most places to under $18US.

Not niche, but I ordered Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright from Amazon last week. I chose Amazon as the seller even though it is not restocked. However as a Prime member, it looks like I will still get the 20% discount for orders directly from Amazon, bringing the cost to $31.99US. That discount won't be available much longer as it is only good for two weeks after release. It's not the double discount some got, but it works for me.

On the scales between Chaos Wars and a Morgan Freeman narration, I can only hope it's better than Star Ocean 4. Either way, I have a feeling that people should avoid active Star Ocean related threads/boards for a little while after tomorrow. Though it would be pretty amusing if they gave them an all European accented voice cast.

Untitled.png

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/escha-logy-plus_na

I filled this one out, hopefully they get enough feedback to give us Shallie Plus sooner rather than later.

Thanks to daveydarko for the news updates. It's one of the main reasons I read this post regularly.

Not aware of any big deals currently. Best I can mention is that 3DS Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Curtain Call has dropped most places to under $18US.

Not niche, but I ordered Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright from Amazon last week. I chose Amazon as the seller even though it is not restocked. However as a Prime member, it looks like I will still get the 20% discount for orders directly from Amazon, bringing the cost to $31.99US. That discount won't be available much longer as it is only good for two weeks after release. It's not the double discount some got, but it works for me.
Thank you, I really appreciate it! Also, I think Theatrhythm Curtain Call is definitely worth it. It's still one of my favorite 3DS games.

This is just random from me playing games (shock), but I'm currently playing FE:Fates Birthright. I know people are like man this is scrub nation for difficulty. I am having to repeat lots of missions haha. Course I play hard/classic and some of these Maps are pretty hard IMHO. Just saying because so many reviewers are like whatever that's easy town while conquest will kick your butt. This is true very likely, but just saying that Birthright is pretty challenging to me in case you were deciding what to start with or buy. My 2 cents of course.

Steam has a Square-Enix sale going on until Monday's store update. All the Final Fantasy games are 50% off, which isn't bad since almost every single one is $20 or less as a base price to begin with (Except for XI & Type-0). FF3-6 are all mobile ports with V & VI being the worst of the bunch as their mobile versions were extremely underwhelming. Dragon Quest Heroes is only 33% off, making is $40.19 which is the cheapest its been outside of the short price mistake that it had after the update that made it $30 for a short bit which I didn't notice.

Star Fox still set for April, not delayed like I feared.

Star Fox Guard also got announced and will be available separately or as a bundle with Star Fox Zero.

Scan a Fox Amiibo and you get access to the Retro Arwing.

Ccp9iLtVAAAC-kb.jpg

GENEI IBUN ROKU.

Actually called Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE. LOL.

Not getting a Dub. Gonna have Japanese VO with Eng Subs because "it's set in Tokyo, so we keeping it that way.".

COMING JUNE 24th!!

Need that Special Edition.

EDIT: Did you guys know that the abbreviation for Toyko Mirage Sessions (TMS), is SMT (Shin Megami Tensei) backwards. I see what you did there. :p

xWykt37.png

Paper Mario Color Splash announced for Wii U.

Currently planned for 2016.

Ccp_r35UYAAME01.jpg

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkRU-O6URC8[/media]

Virtual Console finally getting SNES support in March. Only coming to N3DS.

Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 available Summer 2016

Monster Hunter Generations 3DS slated for Summer 2016.

- will have collaboration Marth (FE) armour set. lol.

Rhythm Heaven Megamix for 3DS offers over 100 Rhythm Games, including the original GBA game that never came out in the West. Slated for 2016.

Kirby getting a 3DS game slated for June 2016.

The pouch is just as good, if not cooler than, a 3DS sized steelbook.  I collect steelbooks too.

Thank goodness Final Fantasy isn't a Nintendo exclusive, NoE would have given them a steelbook, artbook, full soundtrack, life-sized Lightning sex doll that comes to life a la Black Mirror's episode "Be Right Back" and NoA would have given us a keychain and a 500KB USB drive that has a picture of Lightning on it.

Nintendo has some balls shilling that Bravely Second edited/censored book, they're fucking shameless!

Also that awkward Metroid Federation Force part where they pretend "fans just don't understand"... :rofl:

All I heard from the Metroid Federation Force portion was "You're not getting Metroid Prime 4. Live with Federation Force instead"

GENEI IBUN ROKU.

Actually called Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE. LOL.

Not getting a Dub. Gonna have Japanese VO with Eng Subs because "it's set in Tokyo, so we keeping it that way.".

COMING JUNE 24th!!

Need that Special Edition.

EDIT: Did you guys know that the abbreviation for Toyko Mirage Sessions (TMS), is SMT (Shin Megami Tensei) backwards. I see what you did there. :p

xWykt37.png
At first I was nervous about this getting a digital-only release like Fatal Frame V, but the phrase "Will also be available to download from Nintendo eShop" implies a physical release, right?

...Right?!

Is Star Fox Zero getting a Limited Edition with a steelbook? Someone commented that on another site, but I haven't seen any mention of one.

Has the newly renamed Tokyo Mirage Sessions been up for pre-order anywhere yet? A double Amazon discount would be nice ;p
No. Amazon also apparently killed the 40% Discount
They sure did.

Not only do they not even give you the 20% discount now, they give you no discount now, so you have to cancel and re-order to get even just the basic discount, lol.

Thanks a lot threads made just to advertise the glitch.

Black Rose Valkyrie’s New Art Shows Enemy Chimera and Giant Weapons on Famitsu
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/03/03/ps4-exclusive-jrpg-black-rose-valkyries-new-art-shows-enemy-chimera-and-giant-weapons-on-famitsu/

Wii U Exclusive Lost Reavers Gets a New Gameplay Trailer, Open Beta and Release Date
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/03/03/wii-u-exclusive-lost-reavers-gets-a-new-gameplay-trailer-open-beta-and-release-date/

Nintendo 3DS Exclusive Culdcept Revolt Gets Japanese Release Date, Street Fighter Character Designer
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/03/03/nintendo-3ds-exclusive-culdcept-revolt-gets-japanese-release-date-street-fighter-character-designer/

Hyrule Warriors: Legends Gets a Season Pass, Even More Wind Waker Content
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/03/03/hyrule-warriors-legends-gets-a-season-pass-even-more-wind-waker-content/

Super Mario Maker’s March 9th Update Brings New Costumes, Modes, and Mechanics
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/03/03/super-mario-makers-mar-9-brings-new-costumes-modes-and-mechanics/

Dragon Quest VII for Nintendo 3DS Delayed to Later This Year
http://nichegamer.com/2016/03/dragon-quest-vii-for-nintendo-3ds-delayed-to-later-this-year/

Bravely Second: End Layer’s Story Trailer Features Plenty of Gameplay, North American Demo Revealed
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/03/03/bravely-second-end-layers-story-trailer-features-plenty-of-gameplay-north-american-demo-revealed/

PlayStation 4 Exclusive KOI Revealed, New Trailer
http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/03/03/playstation-4-exclusive-koi-revealed/195995/

I'm intrigued. Two copies each of Mario Party 7, Star Wars Clone Wars, and Kotor II? Did you keep one copy sealed and opened the second?
I got Star Wars Clone Wars/Tetris and Mario Party 7 from my cousin. My friend had a copy of Mario Party 7 he claimed was not working. I asked him if I can keep it if I happened to make it work. Sure enough, I managed to get it to work.

I got the extra Clone Wars / Tetris at a Flea Market for 50 cents. It was a slow day and I wanted to buy something.

My friend gave me KOTOR II w/o manual and I happened to find another KOTOR II w/ manual at a Thrift Store for a $1. I actually would've gotten another KOTOR (non greatest hits) for cheap but I didn't go back to get it. Next time I was there it was gone.

Also have two copies of Mario Kart Double Dash. One was from my cousin. The other came disc only with a Gamecube from Goodwill. Managed to complete that one with a Mario Kart DD w/o the game I got at a Flea Market.

bread's done
Back