Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate the fact Namco Bandai refuses to sell the Pre-order DLC. I want to get Cyber Sleuth on Vita as well for the portability, but I cant cross save since I have all the DLC on PS4.

Either way its an awesome game, I can't wait to get around to finishing it over Summer break, I left off around Chapter 7 or 8, but I had done a buttload of grinding. Got my Platinum Sukamon's and a bunch of Tactician USBs, so I can grind easily now. (And Hard mode can stop being so brokenly hard)
if you have the engrish asian version I have the preorder dlc for that your welcome to use since I don't jave am account for that. I heard that the cross save didn't work due to that dlc issue among other things.

NA doesn't really have an LE, it's just a crappy version with the calendar that's still readily available on Amazon because it's awful. =/
I think there was like a paragraph someone wrote on the numerous versions na and eu got. some with the callendar some without it, some with the callendar and a pin or something. I'd have to search though to be sure.

So ... you hate Miku except for her music and character design?
Sorry, should have wrote vocals instead of music. My bad for not being clear.

Tohou is another thing I don't really get, it's basically just another bullet hell game right? Though I am shocked to see it released here in the states.

Anyone know of a good news source that lists all the new eShop games for 3DS / Wii U weekly (I think it updates on Fridays, right?)

I've seen a few places list the highlights and discuss them, but I just want something that gives a quick list of everything if it exists.

if you have the engrish asian version I have the preorder dlc for that your welcome to use since I don't jave am account for that. I heard that the cross save didn't work due to that dlc issue among other things.
Nah I have the English, thanks for the offer though I appreciate it

And today was a pretty interesting day, went to a local Comic Con for the last day and met a friend. Was surprised at how many Hatsune Mikus (Mostly males lol.....) and other anime characters people were dressed as. (Strangely there was a buttload of Trafalgar Law's from One Piece as well, and of course Deadpools and Spidermans)

Got a pretty badass Persona 4 The Animation wall scroll, a Trafalgar Law figure, and a badass RIck and Morty portrait on a metal plate thingie

And today was a pretty interesting day, went to a local Comic Con for the last day and met a friend. Was surprised at how many Hatsune Mikus (Mostly males lol.....) and other anime characters people were dressed as. (Strangely there was a buttload of Trafalgar Law's from One Piece as well, and of course Deadpools and Spidermans)

Got a pretty badass Persona 4 The Animation wall scroll, a Trafalgar Law figure, and a badass RIck and Morty portrait on a metal plate thingie
Only 3ish months til Anime Expo. I can't wait to see all them kawaii Deadpools...

Only 3ish months til Anime Expo. I can't wait to see all them kawaii Deadpools...
Most of the Deadpools were pretty meh and forgetable and just skinny dudes in spandex. The best one was decked out in expensive combat gear and had a badass Deathstroke mask, and once he took that mask off you'd see it was actually Deadpool cosplaying as Deathstroke. He was getting stopped nonstop for pictures.

The Deadpool/Spiderman thing at conventions is so damn overplayed unless you are truly investing hundreds of dollars in it, or are 100% original. (One of my favorites was Hip Hop Spiderman, who was dressed in baggy clothes and had a giant spider chain, and was blasting a hip hop version of the Spiderman theme as he walked by)

Anyone know of a good news source that lists all the new eShop games for 3DS / Wii U weekly (I think it updates on Fridays, right?)

I've seen a few places list the highlights and discuss them, but I just want something that gives a quick list of everything if it exists.
Kind of like Nintendo Life? The NA Nintendo Download articles are usually out on Thursdays I think, and it lists new stuff coming out and what's on sale that week:

http://www.nintendolife.com/nintendo-download

New Interpretation Stranger of Sword City announced for PS Vita

The update to the original Stranger of Sword City: Black Palace will include a number of new elements, such as the appearance of Student of the Round‘s Elthalia, new classes like the Clocker and Puppeteer, new systems like the Guard Counter (to restrain enemy actions), new events, and other changes in response to user feedback. The fantasy dungeon RPG is due out on July 21 in Japan for 3,800 yen.
Wow and I just got the limited edition for Vita seems like I made a wrong purchase should I return it lol??

Got my Platinum Sukamon's and a bunch of Tactician USBs, so I can grind easily now. (And Hard mode can stop being so brokenly hard)
You wish Tactician USBs and Platinum Sukamons will help with cheating bosses with 10000x more HP than you and ATK/SPD that go up every round? Hah.

I stopped around chapter 13ish, but I also grinded a lot.

pfft np

not surprised at the trafalgar laws he is like the most popular one piece character these days.

Uppers ‘Upper Rush’ and ‘Pole Action’ gameplay videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SePtUeWTfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI2ZVGbYTnA

Tales of Zestiria for PS4 launches July 7 in Japan

Limited Run “We’re Trying To Work Towards a Fatal Frame 5 Release”

Nippon Ichi Software's "World’s Longest 5 Minutes" debut trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVS1Qb52EWA

Caladrius Blaze for PS4 rated in Europe

Given that H2 Interactive doesn’t have a known physical distribution arm in Europe, it will likely be a digital release. However, a physical version with English text is also due out in Asia in June.

Playasia code expiring May 5th 2016.

BM-BAT-NQJ (US $5 off $60 or more)

Sorry for the late notice but they don't give you a lot of time on these things, has only been like a month since I got my DoAX3. Also noticed a bar code on the paper, maybe it can be used in-store?

I haven't, though I've heard it's a grind-fest, if that sort of thing bothers you.
I don't mind grinding as long as it's not ridiculous. I remember playing the first Disgaea back in the day and logging hundreds of hours on it grinding, which for me was a lot. I don't think I could do that again lol.

I actually finished Root Double, the new Sekai produced visual novel, and wow that game took a lot of time for me this weekend. I'm not 100% done as i have plenty of bad routes to uncover in the last part of the game. There is a lot going on in that game. The game had the same producer I believe as Ever17 and it shows. It involves tragedy and being trapped and not being able to get out like that game. There is quite a few routes and it took a long time to go through this game. Likely took me around 24 hours (I really played a lot this weekend!) and I still have a decent amount of bad endings to uncover.

This game is also relatively tough without a guide. I used the guide to get me a bad ending, a good ending and help with the best ending. Once you beat a route you can make choices more easily, as this game uses a somewhat strange sense system. It's somewhat hard to know values on a first go through a route. There is also a mass amount of choices in this game. It's quite a bit tougher to get all the endings than most visual novels.

The story I don't believe is as good as Ever17, but the story still shines a lot. By the time you finish the last route, you will know a decent amount about every character around both the protagonists. Along the way to that final conclusion you set up key flags for endings at the very end of the game, but I thought this was done extremely poorly. The difference between a normal end and a good end for these parts was usually just a few scenes even though the route would generally always end the same. I wasn't even sure I triggered every flag till the very end of the game. Just kind of poorly done overall and makes the general slog of triggering said flags a bit repetitive.

One thing I disliked a bit was a lot of the events were repeated over and over in different routes. It got a bit old though I got really used to some scenes. Also there is a lot of science information in this one. This was decent but overbearing in a way. Now I do know about random science like Maxwell's Demon, so in essence the science in this game is very plausible. Sometimes it does give you a bit too much, but you will likely understand the science behind everything by the game end.

This was easily a very polished, high quality product. The translation was generally excellent and the game has a lot of value. I am not joking about the 24 hours to beat the game, and I read pretty fast. I would recommend it, but go into it knowing it's not a light read at all. Lots of stuff goes on and generally it's all pretty good. This one earned an 8/10 for me.

Nice to hear that Touhou game is getting a LE, I'll definitely be picking that up when it comes out. I remember first learning about Touhou during my first year of college, some guy in one of my classes was playing one of the games on his PC. I remember thinking how impossible, yet flashy the game looked. I've been a fan since then.

Also, I was at Miku Expo on Saturday too. I had no idea what to expect, but it was amazing! Anamanaguchi starting off the show was a great intro too, I really love their stuff. Next time though, I will make sure to upgrade to VIP passes. It was hard to see anything in the general area with taller people standing in the way. Anyways, I was a bit skeptical at first, but it totally paid off in the end. I greatly recommend going to see the show. :)

I'll wait for a sale.
I'm getting it from my library.

tumblr_ly63ck6hmJ1qmjduko7_500.gif

Codename NX Won’t Be Sold At A Loss, Mobile Games To Be One of Nintendo’s “Pillars”
http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/05/02/codename-nx-wont-be-sold-at-a-loss-mobile-games-to-be-one-of-nintendos-pillars/205101/

WordsUp! Academy Looks Charming in New Trailer
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/05/02/wordsup-academy-looks-charming-in-new-trailer/
https://youtu.be/7O0Nn2H5dBU

Black Desert Online Gets New TV Commercial Showing Great Graphics and a Beautiful World
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/05/02/black-desert-online-gets-new-tv-commercial/
https://youtu.be/in6RVj2S84g

New Dawn Of War Announcement Set for May 3
http://nichegamer.com/2016/05/02/new-dawn-of-war-announcement-set-for-may-3/

bread's done
Back