Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking the same thing. Totally expected a $200-300 CE for Persona 5.

Yes, all the time. If you order one of these from GS you better get it ship to home. Stores have less #items than pre-orders on high-demand stuff quite frequently.
I wanted a $500 CE. With a special edition ps4!!

Preordered the P5 CE. Too bad it doesn't come with all the soundtracks like the Japanese version got. And the school bag is completely useless.

Signed up for a free Prime trial to order the Persona 5 CE. Anyone know if I get to keep my 20% off discount if I let the trial expire?

Hmmmm....I kinda want the Persona 5 CE but what would I do with the schoolbag? The artbook and soundtrack are a little small for the extra 30 bucks.

Hmmmm....I kinda want the Persona 5 CE but what would I do with the schoolbag? The artbook and soundtrack are a little small for the extra 30 bucks.
Cosplay? That is what I'll use it for probably. Got an amazon pre-order in so time to cancel the gamestop one!

Thanks for the heads up about the Persona 5 CE. Not sure if I wanna lock in a copy at Amazon though since my Prime expired a long time ago, and the extra content doesn't really seem worth the extra $30. Maybe I'll wait for Bestbuy to post it (assuming they ever do for the CE)

On a side note, started Atelier Sophie yesterday. Didn't get very far but I've liked what I've seen so far. This game is very pretty, really high def. The city environment is kind bland and empty though, but I guess that was the case with the previous games as well. Will play some more today. (Plus, I really like Sophie's english voice. She's voiced by Christine Marie Cabanos, who is the voice of Nepgear in Neptunia.)

Also, the DLC code given by NISA for the LE gave one PS4 theme, the Atelier Anniversary one. It's kinda nice, but I was kinda hoping for all the themes or one of the other fancy ones (can't remember the name, but it was the one with Plactha, the book girl)

Nothing great this week in terms of free DLC. However, Koei Tecmo *may* have screwed up a little with DLC this week again. So I'll throw these out there real quick (More may not get added. Likely not):

Atelier Sophie ~The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book~

PS4

Static Theme B-1 - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/atelier-sophie-custom-theme-b-1/cid=UP4108-CUSA04926_00-UTH0000000007105

Static Theme B-2 - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/atelier-sophie-custom-theme-b-2/cid=UP4108-CUSA04926_00-UTH0000000007106

Vita

Static Theme B-1 - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/atelier-sophie-custom-theme-b-1/cid=UP4108-PCSE00892_00-UTH0000000007110

Static Theme B-2 - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/atelier-sophie-custom-theme-b-2/cid=UP4108-PCSE00892_00-UTH0000000007111

Not sure if those are for digital purchases only the first four weeks or free to all. Technically there's also the GUST Select Item Pack for both, but you can't purchase it which makes me think these themes are supposed to be set the same way. That item pack is absolutely worthless though.

So if you got in on all the free "oops" DLC a few weeks ago and also grabbed this, then you should have all the pre-order themes, BGM, costume & items (except for this weeks worthless item pack).

EDIT: Some more Free DLC appeared.

Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-

PS4

Character Colors (Eclipse Set) - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-character-colors-eclipse-set/cid=UP1024-CUSA04112_00-GGXRDDAT00003500

Playable Character (Kum Haehyun) - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-playable-character-kum-haehyun/cid=UP1024-CUSA04112_00-GGXRDDAT00001000

Playable Character (Raven) - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-playable-character-raven/cid=UP1024-CUSA04112_00-GGXRDDAT00001001

PS3

Character Colors (Eclipse Set) - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-character-colors-eclipse-set/cid=UP1024-NPUB31806_00-GGXRDDAT00003500

Playable Character (Kum Haehyun) - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-playable-character-kum-haehyun/cid=UP1024-NPUB31806_00-GGXRDDAT00001000

Playable Character (Raven) - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-playable-character-raven/cid=UP1024-NPUB31806_00-GGXRDDAT00001001

Nothing great this week in terms of free DLC. However, Koei Tecmo *may* have screwed up a little with DLC this week again. So I'll throw these out there real quick (More may not get added. Likely not):

Not sure if those are for digital purchases only the first four weeks or free to all. Technically there's also the GUST Select Item Pack for both, but you can't purchase it which makes me think these themes are supposed to be set the same way. That item pack is absolutely worthless though.

So if you got in on all the free "oops" DLC a few weeks ago and got this, then you've got all the pre-order themes, BGM & items (except for this weeks worthless item pack).
Thanks for this, got all of them as well as the other ones you posted last time.

Fate/Extella, Story of Seasons, Akiba’s Beat, And More Headed To North America

Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star - [Platforms: PS4, PSVita; Release: Winter]
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - [Platform: Nintendo 3DS; Release: 2017]

Akiba’s Beat - [Platforms: PS4, PS Vita; Release: Winter 2016]

Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity - [Platform: PS4; Release: Summer 2016]

Summon Night 6 Heads West in Early 2017
Gaijinworks has announced they’re localizing Summon Night 6: Lost Borders. The game will launch for both PlayStation 4 and PS Vita across North America, South America, and Europe sometime in Q1 of next year. The publisher will release the game both via retail and on the PlayStation Store in North America, while Europeans and South Americans are only getting the digital version. A limited edition, deluxe physical version will be available via the official Gaijinworks website, however further details are coming after E3.

Sekai Project Question 36

What does Sekai Project do really well?

A. Making promises.
Probably a typo. Should have been

A. Breaking promises.

I rather get the Premium Edition Japan is getting
This. I want the full soundtrack. And the boobies.

Just so you guys know, Ann's cleavage is covered by Morgana on the NA box art.
Oh fuck that shit. I'm not buying it any more.

Yea right.

Atelier Sophie ~The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book~

PS4

Static Theme B-1 - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/atelier-sophie-custom-theme-b-1/cid=UP4108-CUSA04926_00-UTH0000000007105

Static Theme B-2 - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/atelier-sophie-custom-theme-b-2/cid=UP4108-CUSA04926_00-UTH0000000007106

Vita

Static Theme B-1 - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/atelier-sophie-custom-theme-b-1/cid=UP4108-PCSE00892_00-UTH0000000007110

Static Theme B-2 - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/atelier-sophie-custom-theme-b-2/cid=UP4108-PCSE00892_00-UTH0000000007111

So if you got in on all the free "oops" DLC a few weeks ago and also grabbed this, then you should have all the pre-order themes, BGM, costume & items (except for this weeks worthless item pack).
Thanks for these, upset I missed everything a few weeks ago, but I should have it all by the time I get my BB stuff. :D

Fate/Extella, Story of Seasons, Akiba’s Beat, And More Headed To North America

Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star - [Platforms: PS4, PSVita; Release: Winter]
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - [Platform: Nintendo 3DS; Release: 2017]

Akiba’s Beat - [Platforms: PS4, PS Vita; Release: Winter 2016]

Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity - [Platform: PS4; Release: Summer 2016]
Nice to hear Fate/Extella is being localized. I'll still import the PS4+Vita Collectors edition though, since I doubt those goodies will be brought to the US in any way. Plus I don't mind double-dipping on this series. I'll be getting the localized version whenever that comes out too.

Story of Season Huzzah....Akiba's Beat...we knew it was comign but huzzah and finally Summon Knight 6 huzzah! Persona 5 also see you in 2017!

I'm playing the PS4 version, and it looks lovely. Sadly I haven't put too much time into it.
Cool. I just bought it for PS4 so I was just curious, I kept bouncing between Vita and PS4 but I found someone selling a digital copy cheap on Ebay so I grabbed the PS4 one. It sounds like I made the right decision, wish there would've been more than one, it only cost $32. Anyways, thanks for the reply! I appreciate it.

Total BS I can't preorder at bestbuy because my credit card expires in december. WTF do they want me to do about that?
Can you buy some egift cards or something really quick and use those?

EDIT: Also, the answer to your question is obviously they want you to sign up for a Best Buy credit card.

Can you buy some egift cards or something really quick and use those?

EDIT: Also, the answer to your question is obviously they want you to sign up for a Best Buy credit card.
Even if you had a bestbuy credit card that could potentially expire before release date

Less sure that this will work, but you could trying using your card with and paying via PayPal. It'll take the money out immediately rather than at release, so I think it should be fine.

Thanks, I preordered it (I didn't realize it was releasing in only a little over a month). The Prime discount isn't showing yet.
I'm on a prime trial so I wanna make sure the discount applies while I still have prime. Can't afford to wait for a double discount. Think a customer service rep can force the discount for me?

Speaking of, I tried getting on amazon chat before because odin sphere shipped without my prime discount. Man it was terrible. Transferred 4 times, and they still couldn't get it right. It was just a simple discount and I provided clear proof that there was supposed to be a discount there. Closed that chat and opened a new one a few hours later and they were able to help. All them indians though. Does amazon not have an america based customer service?

Anyway I am super happy that galgun and persona preorders are up while my prime trial is going.

Cool. I just bought it for PS4 so I was just curious, I kept bouncing between Vita and PS4 but I found someone selling a digital copy cheap on Ebay so I grabbed the PS4 one. It sounds like I made the right decision, wish there would've been more than one, it only cost $32. Anyways, thanks for the reply! I appreciate it.
That's a great deal. Wonder how someone had an extra code like that, couldn't have been a review copy.

Oh man, definitely put in an order for Persona at Bestbuy.

What sucks is I had to pay $4.99 shipping. I guess the release is 8 months away, so my Elite Plus status will end up being reset before that. Either that or something is wrong with the system. Oh well, $5 is not really an issue as long as it's release day shipping. 

Oh man, definitely put in an order for Persona at Bestbuy.

What sucks is I had to pay $4.99 shipping. I guess the release is 8 months away, so my Elite Plus status will end up being reset before that. Either that or something is wrong with the system. Oh well, $5 is not really an issue as long as it's release day shipping.
It is something wrong with the system. I don't know how Best Buy handles Elite status if you make an order before it expires, but it doesn't really matter since you get free shipping with $35 purchase anyways. Every new preorder that I have seen that goes up within about 30 minutes of ordering (at least for game CE's) have always had that issue with them charging shipping. I usually just reorder and then cancel my old order if it is still able to be ordered. But I'm sure talking to a rep will get it fixed as well regardless.

Persona 5 CE confirmed?!!

4wYGmQW.gif

That's a great deal. Wonder how someone had an extra code like that, couldn't have been a review copy.
Yeah I'm sure it probably was. I think it's pretty shitty of them when they sell their codes instead of doing their job, but I'm not going to lose a good deal over it. I think this guy used to be on CAG but I'm not sure, probably was banned. I didn't do anything wrong :whistle2: lol. Yeah I actually found a lot of deals like that on Ebay, Reddit, sometimes here, I saw and missed somebody else selling Odin Sphere Leifthrasir for Vita for like $23 and a PS4 copy sell for ~$36. It's usually sometimes the week before they'll start selling them, at least that's when I start looking. I'm sure some are legit and just got them early though or work for the company probably.

bread's done
Back