Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
They should at least offer some form of combined shipping so that we can arrange a group buy or something.

Damn you Rice Digital.

On the product page it even says on the side:

"EU / Worldwide From just £5.99", which should only be about $8. I sent them a question about it to see if it'll change to the £5.99 or if we're stuck with $29.99 but I'm not really expecting much.

EDIT: Upon rereading this it does say "FROM just £5.99", so yeah we're probably hosed xD

Wow, so the Liberators CE version of Valkyrie Drive will end up being more than $110 after shipping..... Not sure if I want the CE anymore....

Especially since the release for it is practically during the same time when Psycho-Pass, Touhou and Criminal Girls 2 come out...September suddenly became a very expensive month  :whistle2:(

Damn that sucks about Valkyrie Drive. I guess they were taking too much of a hit from free US shipping considering Galgun had free shipping

Does anyone currently have an unwanted Playasia coupon? I'm getting ready to put an order in.

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk.

Damn that sucks about Valkyrie Drive. I guess they were taking too much of a hit from free US shipping considering Galgun had free shipping
They seem to have stopped their free international shipping once Britain left the EU. Galgun doesn't get free shipping anymore.

They seem to have stopped their free international shipping once Britain left the EU. Galgun doesn't get free shipping anymore.
I don't believe they've actually left the EU quite yet and only the vote to leave passed (I think it's by the end of 2016 that they have to leave or something). Their economy has been hit rather hard in the mean time still. However, yes, you're basically right as leaving the EU means they don't get to take part in the same trade agreements anymore and until they go through all the steps of making some new ones that work more favorably for them. So importing and exporting to and from the UK in the mean time will be hit rather hard.

It wouldn't surprise me if they said something similar in response to Pheria's shipping cost question.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/07/19/ps4-exclusive-gravity-rush-2s-western-release-dates-announced-new-trailer-released/

Following the announcement of the Japanese release date, Sony Interactive Entertainment revealed the western release dates of Gravity Rush 2.

The game will launch in North America on December 2nd, and in Europe on November 30th.

Those who pre-order the game from participating retailer will also get an alternate white costume DLC for Kat, and a Director’s Choice Soundtrack from the game. PlayStation Store pre-orders will also grant a special PS4 theme.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oQfPUh4CPE[/media]

Man, tired of these PSN pre-order exclusive themes. If they're going to bother, that should just be a standard pre-order bonus for all copies.

[COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT]
So I just saw this...

Us3z6cs.gif

And was like...

tis0bgk.gif

I don't get it.......

But hey I'll get less dirty looks from coworkers now. Those Overwatch butts....

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/07/19/ps4-exclusive-gravity-rush-2s-western-release-dates-announced-new-trailer-released/

Following the announcement of the Japanese release date, Sony Interactive Entertainment revealed the western release dates of Gravity Rush 2.

The game will launch in North America on December 2nd, and in Europe on November 30th.

Those who pre-order the game from participating retailer will also get an alternate white costume DLC for Kat, and a Director’s Choice Soundtrack from the game. PlayStation Store pre-orders will also grant a special PS4 theme.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oQfPUh4CPE[/media]
YES! Will the soundtrack be digital PSN again? I hope not...they better add that to Amazon pre-orders because I'm already lined up for this game.

Yay at all the Persona 5 stuff....though I'm not as crazy about the anime series. Grandia 3 is also nice since I missed on that one and quite liked Grandia 1 and though Grandia 2 was good, though not great. Hopefully 3 is alright. 

Played through the first 15 online missions of EDF 4.1 on PC with a friend 6300'ish miles away and it was really smooth both in framerate and online infrastructure. Had some issues at first (you can invite steam friends by using the arrow keys to bring up a menu to invite people) and until we found that out later we had to both set our Steam download location the same (both used Tokyo) and then we could see each others game in the lobby. Otherwise it was fine, but has lackluster graphic options and no borderless fullscreen.

If people are interested, I do recommend getting it whenever the price is right for you. Decent enough port.

Man, tired of these PSN pre-order exclusive themes. If they're going to bother, that should just be a standard pre-order bonus for all copies.
They want some kind of incentive to get people to buy the game digitally. Unfortunately their hands are a bit tied, because if they make it anything overly valuable (exclusive characters/game content), then people will be unhappy that they can't get it otherwise. Something like this is small enough that someone might go "Hey, If I'm buying it anyway I might as well get the theme" but not significant enough to lose physical sales because of something like "Digital-only gets Shuma-Gorath? They won't strongarm me, I'm not buying it at all."

Themes seem like a decent, safe compromise. A simple $1-2 thank you for buying the game digitally.

A bit off topic, but did any of you guys pick up 7th Dragon 3 Code: VFD last week? Is it good?

I saw a couple copies of the first release edition with the artbook at my local Bestbuy, and became interested.

Only reason I'm asking is because I don't really remember hearing anything about this game at all.

Yay at all the Persona 5 stuff....though I'm not as crazy about the anime series. Grandia 3 is also nice since I missed on that one and quite liked Grandia 1 and though Grandia 2 was good, though not great. Hopefully 3 is alright.
It's not a 10/10 but I really enjoyed it, brings some of the sense of adventure back from Grandia 1.

I bought I am Setsuna last night.  I was back and forth on getting right away, because it will obviously be part of some future sale.  But after listening to the music and reading thoughts on the game, I caved. I only played a little bit last night, but I loved it.  The music is awesome, and the game really is a throw back to old school rpgs.   The art is very charming.  The combat is a very traditional ATB gauge style but if you hold off on going when your turn is up you get to charge the attack via the Momentum Bar (it charges a bit each turn too if you don't want to wait) for added effects.  For example, I had my healer holding off on going when her turn was up during a boss fight and charging up her momentum and when someone needed a heal I would make it a momentum heal and it would half charge her ATB gauge too. Depending if you kill the mobs with this style kill, or one of the others determines what can drop.  I don't regret buying it right away at all.  Plus hopefully it will send the message that there is a market for this style game.

I bought I am Setsuna last night. I was back and forth on getting right away, because it will obviously be part of some future sale. But after listening to the music and reading thoughts on the game, I caved. I only played a little bit last night, but I loved it. The music is awesome, and the game really is a throw back to old school rpgs. The art is very charming. The combat is a very traditional ATB gauge style but if you hold off on going when your turn is up you get to charge the attack via the Momentum Bar (it charges a bit each turn too if you don't want to wait) for added effects. For example, I had my healer holding off on going when her turn was up during a boss fight and charging up her momentum and when someone needed a heal I would make it a momentum heal and it would half charge her ATB gauge too. Depending if you kill the mobs with this style kill, or one of the others determines what can drop. I don't regret buying it right away at all. Plus hopefully it will send the message that there is a market for this style game.
I snagged it as well, but did so this morning since I decided to be old and went to bed at 8:45pm. It'll be downloaded by the time I get home and will put some time into it tonight. I think I'm up for something a little more old school in style for a change. Not that I've been playing anything over the top difficult, but after putting a good chunk of time in Atelier Escha and Logy, I want to more onto something else....damn player specific endings and events.

It's one of the best Miku modules giving a kiss, it's pretty self explanatory :whistle2:
Well at least I no longer have to read your posts quickly and then scroll to another post considering the Overwatch gifs you had there earlier...those things on a work computer can really limit one's career. :lol: So just for that, you deserve a kiss from me:

Us3z6cs.gif

I'm just going to confess here. I'm enjoying ZTD so far but I will admit that sometimes I get impatient with the puzzles and cheat. Not that the puzzles are hard, but sometimes when you're searching, if you aren't exact with the cursor sometimes, you will miss stuff.

Well at least I no longer have to read your posts quickly and then scroll to another post considering the Overwatch gifs you had there earlier...those things on a work computer can really limit one's career. :lol:
You should follow the advice given from that wonderful movie in your icon and not care about getting fired, who knows maybe your boss is a huge fan of Overwaifu and would give you a raise.

post-490570-0-82475200-1414029978.gif

Well at least I no longer have to read your posts quickly and then scroll to another post considering the Overwatch gifs you had there earlier...those things on a work computer can really limit one's career. :lol: So just for that, you deserve a kiss from me:

Us3z6cs.gif
I had to ignore his signature because of those Overwatch gifs. A lot of people walk behind my desk at work, so if they happened to be on the screen at one of those times it could've lead to an awkward situation >_>

I had to ignore his signature because of those Overwatch gifs. A lot of people walk behind my desk at work, so if they happened to be on the screen at one of those times it could've lead to an awkward situation >_>
You're lucky! CAG is blocked from my work. It's like they want me to be productive or something!

Anyone here get I Am Setsuna? I ordered it from PSN and it came with a soundtrack. I copied the soundtrack to my USB drive via my PS4 and it has one track? Uh....

Anyone here get I Am Setsuna? I ordered it from PSN and it came with a soundtrack. I copied the soundtrack to my USB drive via my PS4 and it has one track? Uh....
The Pre-order bonus was only advertised as a single track anyway.

It was all about the bonus PS4 Themes for the main bonus though.

bread's done
Back