Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be waiting for that LE pre-order announcement. :)

Any predictions on what that LE will contain? The Blanc+Zombies one had the little Blanc figure, Neptunia VII had the Umio plush, Neptunia U had the dakimakura, Rebirth;3 had the regular mousepad and papercraft Neptune, Rebirth;2 had the desktop calendar, and Hyperdevotion Noire had the wallscroll. Not sure what else they can do that has not been done before. Hmm...
Yeah, I think they are starting to exhaust their possibilities. VII had a PS4 skin as well, Rebirth 1 had a vita case, PP had headphones and a screen cleaner. Maybe a USB drive? A hat? Portable charger? Sharicite? A little Histy?

They should just keep including figures honestly.

I want to just have a dozen (non-identical ones) of them lined up next to each other at some point on my shelf.

I'll be waiting for that LE pre-order announcement. :)

Any predictions on what that LE will contain? The Blanc+Zombies one had the little Blanc figure, Neptunia VII had the Umio plush, Neptunia U had the dakimakura, Rebirth;3 had the regular mousepad and papercraft Neptune, Rebirth;2 had the desktop calendar, and Hyperdevotion Noire had the wallscroll. Not sure what else they can do that has not been done before. Hmm...
The Sega girl figure?

fuck I love that art style.

BlazBlue: Central Fiction Limited Edition Announced, DLC Details

28544575863_fa2c17422f_z.jpg

• Deluxe Hardcover Art Book — Contains 100 pages of BlazBlue art celebrating the history of gaming’s flashiest 2D fighting series!
  • Mini Noel Vermillion Nendoroid Figure — Supervised by Toshimichi Mori and forged by the masters at Good Smile. Noel strikes an iconic pose, sure to mesmerize collectors and fans alike!
  • BlazBlue Song Interlude III Soundtrack — Ten tracks of in-game goodness bound to up your fighting drive!

Watch the LE come with a figure/model of Motorcycle Neptune....

Actually that sounds kinda cool, I would want that.  :rofl:

<p>

• Deluxe Hardcover Art Book — Contains 100 pages of BlazBlue art celebrating the history of gaming’s flashiest 2D fighting series!
  • Mini Noel Vermillion Nendoroid Figure — Supervised by Toshimichi Mori and forged by the masters at Good Smile. Noel strikes an iconic pose, sure to mesmerize collectors and fans alike!
  • BlazBlue Song Interlude III Soundtrack — Ten tracks of in-game goodness bound to up your fighting drive!
Want that figure.

Ugh, I know I'm supposed to lay off LEs for a while, but this will definitely be an exception.

That Noel on the cover of the artbook, that Noel figure, that collector's box with Noel in the middle.....can't resist.

Will pre-order it the day it goes up.

Running out of space for LE's. I fear I may have to start breaking down the boxes for storage and put all the artbooks / CD's together somewhere at some point. Anyone have some magical idea / tips for storing LE boxes? Where do you put all these oddly sized things that are often too big to fit on the shelf directly?

The amiibo will lose their homeland at this rate!

pPN0fgn.jpg

WTF!? Why is Aksys once again screwing over Xbox One owners? They brought back CP Extend to the Xbox One, which made me happy after they initially screwed us over by not giving us CP in the first place on the 360. But now they pull this crap?

Seriously. I don't even care about getting the limited edition. I would just like to have had the game. WTF?

Running out of space for LE's. I fear I may have to start breaking down the boxes for storage and put all the artbooks / CD's together somewhere at some point. Anyone have some magical idea / tips for storing LE boxes? Where do you put all these oddly sized things that are often too big to fit on the shelf directly?
I'll probably be crucified for this, seeing how boxes are really important for people. I have way less space (two shelves T_T) than you do (and that's only a corner of your room!). But I solved this by, believe it or not, throwing away all LE boxes that came badly damaged. I gathered all CD and art books (CDs obviously the same size, most NISA/IF/Arksys Artbooks are similar dimensions) and arrange them on a shelf. As for the other boxes in good condition, I use them to store other stuff, mostly backlog games or ones I have beaten and don't want to see them anymore. You'll be surprised how much you're able to fit in those if you take the inner cardboard/plastic out. For example, I can fit all my nendoroid faces/pieces in the Nep Victory tin box.

Judging from your picture, I'd put the CEs more vertically, like a book, especially the P4DAN:CE and Soul Caliber V ones. I would also put all CEs that are similar height, like the Nep VII one on the shelfs. As for the games on top of the closet, I'd probably arrange them in order of height. Nice collection though!

I'm actually starting to plan a project for my closet, and turning it into a shelving walk way inside.

It'll be magical if I can ever pull it off...

tumblr_nhoei3sf3R1sk7e7so1_500.gif

My side of the house is overflowing with blu rays and games.   I had to buy a bunch of supersized totes from target and start putting LEs and boxes in the basement.  I still don't have room for more bookshelves until I do some more downsizing. 

The best answer is to sell some of what you don't need, or whatever is going at high rates.  But it's tough to do. 

I'll probably be crucified for this, seeing how boxes are really important for people. I have way less space (two shelves T_T) than you do (and that's only a corner of your room!). But I solved this by, believe it or not, throwing away all LE boxes that came badly damaged. I gathered all CD and art books (CDs obviously the same size, most NISA/IF/Arksys Artbooks are similar dimensions) and arrange them on a shelf. As for the other boxes in good condition, I use them to store other stuff, mostly backlog games or ones I have beaten and don't want to see them anymore. You'll be surprised how much you're able to fit in those if you take the inner cardboard/plastic out. For example, I can fit all my nendoroid faces/pieces in the Nep Victory tin box.

Judging from your picture, I'd put the CEs more vertically, like a book, especially the P4DAN:CE and Soul Caliber V ones. I would also put all CEs that are similar height, like the Nep VII one on the shelfs. As for the games on top of the closet, I'd probably arrange them in order of height. Nice collection though!
Thanks! Arranging by height would probably help clean up the look a lot, actually, that's a great idea.

Storing other stuff inside them is also an interesting idea I hadn't considered. Although I'm not sure what I'd put in them.

Yeah I try to put as few 'vertically' / spine out like a book as I must. It's really nice to see the front of the box if possible, but as it has filled up I've had to switch more and more to the spine out style.

And don't you know you're supposed to complain here when your box comes damaged, not just throw it away and move on with your life?!

But I solved this by, believe it or not, throwing away all LE boxes that came badly damaged.
The first meanest thing I've ever read from you and it scares me.

I've resold older LE boxes I didn't care for to begin with on eBay, no point in throwing it away when there are collectors who would want only the boxes because they already have the games.

I'm actually starting to plan a project for my closet, and turning it into a shelving walk way inside.

It'll be magical if I can ever pull it off...
I used to have an amazing closet in my old house that I loved so much. It was one of those closet rooms you can walk inside and place things around the room. Having all my video game console boxes, Limited Editions, Amiibos, etc. fit in there neatly was so beautiful. Now instead I have one of those piece of shit closets you slide open and have everything crammed inside it's terrible. I miss my old closet.

1369858622241_zpsgllmftj3.gif

That's basically what my current closet is now.

Trying to figure out the best way to clear everything out, and actually have space to store the stuff I clean out elsewhere, but that's the hard part. ~_~

pPN0fgn.jpg
I gave up displaying my collection over a decade ago. Also the vast majority of my CE's remain sealed nowadays. What I've discovered is banker's boxes store CDs/DVDs almost perfectly, they're easily obtainable, cheap, sturdy and uniform. Also they're pretty good at fitting CE's into, but it involves real world Tetris skills to manage those. So I fill closets with them, or stack em 8-9 boxes high wherever I can...

I've resold older LE boxes I didn't care for to begin with on eBay, no point in throwing it away when there are collectors who would want only the boxes because they already have the games.
Yeah, there's always somebody that wants that random collectable if it's hard to find. And just because a box is damaged doesn't mean it's worthless, obsessive people are doing stuff like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5ToJTIPGvQ

Disgaea 2 is the last one I actually finished. I'm so far behind on that series now I doubt I will ever catch up. Cool little collector set though.

I used to have an amazing closet in my old house that I loved so much. It was one of those closet rooms you can walk inside and place things around the room. Having all my video game console boxes, Limited Editions, Amiibos, etc. fit in there neatly was so beautiful. Now instead I have one of those piece of shit closets you slide open and have everything crammed inside it's terrible. I miss my old closet.
I know the feeling. I used to have shelves in my closet to keep my games organized, sorted, and displayed. Now I'm ordering cardboard boxes to pack all my movies and games in so they'll fit into my new skinny closet. I can't spend hours staring longingly at cardboard boxes. It's so depressing.

A Magical Girl RPG? And with that art style? Holy crap, sign me the heck up.

pPN0fgn.jpg
Don't have any suggestions, just want to say that's an awesome looking collection, makes me super jealous.

WTF!? Why is Aksys once again screwing over Xbox One owners? They brought back CP Extend to the Xbox One, which made me happy after they initially screwed us over by not giving us CP in the first place on the 360. But now they pull this crap?

Seriously. I don't even care about getting the limited edition. I would just like to have had the game. WTF?
If you like Japanese games why get an Xbox over a ps4?

If you like Japanese games why get an Xbox over a ps4?
Fighting games used to be multiplatform. He could of bought it earlier on and not expected this outcome.
Also I like Japanese games and I have played my ps4 for a grand total of 1 hour. It's not exactly a bastion of great Japanese games yet.

pPN0fgn.jpg
Liked because of a certain thing.

Well maybe two things.

I think the new Disgaea 2 collector's edition for PC is actually quite awesome.

http://store.nisamerica.com/disgaea-desktop-deal

it doesn't include the Steam game that comes out Jan '17 but I love the contents of the soundtrack CD, desk mat, and mousepad. Lots of cool, nice-looking, useful items in there. Well done NISA!
I know I don't play many of the games I buy. But I can't bring myself to buy a game that doesn't even come with a game.

Well Pheria, its all about trying to arrange it in the best way you can, cause yeah, there's always not enough space for everything, and yeah, the usual dust off of dirt the cabinets you have to clean off of, lol.

And yes Elessar, that was perfect, lol.

Also ARSignal, don't get pissed over Aksys, if you want to blame someone, its ASW themselves. Besides, they don't think its worth the profit and probably lose sales making a X1 version for CF, even though, yes, there was CPE on the X1, that was something else different. Also, lets not turn this into a debate (cause I've seen enough of it on the sites I usually go to, lol.), but there will also be no dub for Central Fiction, as Aksys has been tweeting about it and coming forward so that the majority will have to understand the point.

Well, WhoKnows, lemme guess, was it Miku Frame (and plush) and the Time & Eternity poster? XD

Anyways, to sound off for the day, though its not listed on GS or AMZ yet, and its currently open for pre-order on the Aksys Store, BB:CF's LE is $80 for the PS3 version and $90 for the PS4 version.

is that your vita collection :3

Personally I think the average person just doesn't know how to use their space. theres tons of wall space unused you could put a shelf in.
Well actually this is:

[attachment=23409:20160824_224214.jpg][attachment=23410:20160824_224237.jpg][attachment=23411:20160824_224321.jpg]

For reals, they're all stuffed in boxes because I can't get rid of other people's stuff so I can proudly display mine. OK - I'm part of that problem too so I shouldn't judge my family members.

I've got three copies of Cold Steel Vita somewhere in my pile but I'm too lazy to dig it up right now (because I've got problems).

Just wait until I post my PSP collection...........

All my games are neatly stacked in various drawers integrated into a wall.
So when entering the room you don't see any mess at all.
Each drawer is arranged by console & games grouped by genre with the spines sticking upward for easy reading.
CE boxes usually are pushed towards the back end of the drawers since rarely do i remove them.
I think each drawer holds like... 60 Games?

I'm going to be completely honest. I'm not super excited for Project Diva X. I imported my vita copy and the only reason I'll probably pickup the PS4 copy is to make those grinding friendship trophies much much easier.

I'm not excited for Diva X either and will get when it becomes $25 dollars or so. Also doesn't help I haven't really finished off Project Diva F 2nd.

I'm a bit conflicted on Project Diva X too. I've been getting more exposed to the song list, and there are many that appeal to me like Slow Motion, Calc., and Mitchie M's Cute Medley.

The price will definitely tank in a month or two, so waiting just a bit longer isn't a big deal.

If you are just trying to store your collection and not display them, I recommend these. http://www.containerstore.com/s/large-media-box/d?productId=10028031&q=Media%20storage

I have several of them stacked on top of one holding my older games, steel books, and anime. I also use an inventory software to keep track of which box has what in it.

Now as for my figure and big CE collection, those are either on some floating shelves in my media room or stacked "tetris style" in my closet...I'll post pics later to help visualize the clutter.

I think the new Disgaea 2 collector's edition for PC is actually quite awesome.

http://store.nisamerica.com/disgaea-desktop-deal

it doesn't include the Steam game that comes out Jan '17 but I love the contents of the soundtrack CD, desk mat, and mousepad. Lots of cool, nice-looking, useful items in there. Well done NISA!
Not an oppai mousepad with big boobie Rozalin and perflat Etna. Wasted opportunity imho smdh.

You know you're a video game nerd when you fill your closet and drawers with video games and gaming items instead of clothes.

Full disclosure... I do that too (in the spare bedroom anyway) ;)

I was considering holding off on Project Diva X since I spent a little more than expected this month.

But then I thought, "It's Miku, so I should get it anyways".

Now I have a copy pre-ordered. Funny how that was the only reason I needed to lock in a purchase.  :lol:

The lack of Project Diva X love makes me sad.

I'll be getting both versions on Tuesday.
Can't make up my mind if I want the Vita or PS4 version as I have both preordered. With that said I did pull off these scores on PS4:

[attachment=23416:20160823_222454.jpg][attachment=23417:20160823_223249.jpg]

Buddy of mine saw these scores and was like, pfft, play on hard. I would if the demos let you!

I'm all in for X, Since it's actually easier than Future Tone I'm looking forward to crushing every song so I can feel good about myself  :D/

Plus my PDX Mini Controller gets here tomorrow so I can't wait for that   ;)

Can't make up my mind if I want the Vita or PS4 version as I have both preordered. With that said I did pull off these scores on PS4:

attachicon.gif
20160823_222454.jpg
attachicon.gif
20160823_223249.jpg

Buddy of mine saw these scores and was like, pfft, play on hard. I would if the demos let you!
Both is the right choice.

I'm a

ll Iin for

X, Since it's actually easier than Future Tone I'm looking forward to crushing every song so I can feel good about myself :D/

Plus my PDX Mini Controller gets here tomorrow so I can't wait for that ;)
I feel like I made a mistake not preordering that.

bread's done
Back