Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon finally sent word regarding the ZTD watches.

If I'm reading the notice correctly, they aren't sending them to us immediately.  Instead, we get a credit which expires at the end of the year.  It looks like we have to buy something else for the credit to be applied, presumably so that we can pay for the shipping.

It's all rather unclear at the moment, but hardly an unqualified win.

As others chimed in, and I noted below, this was incorrect.  They hadn't stocked the watches when I first opened the email, leading to my confusion.

If I'm reading the notice correctly, they aren't sending them to us immediately. Instead, we get a credit which expires at the end of the year. It looks like we have to buy something else for the credit to be applied, presumably so that we can pay for the shipping.

Wrong. It is completely free. Just add it to your cart.

If you get it now, you can get it tomorrow or Friday

If I'm reading the notice correctly, they aren't sending them to us immediately. Instead, we get a credit which expires at the end of the year. It looks like we have to buy something else for the credit to be applied, presumably so that we can pay for the shipping.

You just get a promo credit to cancel out the $500 price of the watch and get FS. I already got my order in. It's stated for delivery tomorrow (well, today, since it's the AM).

Problem seems to be people who ordered 2 copies of the game aren't getting two watches... promo credit is $600 in that case (vs $500 for 1).

Wrong. It is completely free. Just add it to your cart.

If you get it now, you can get it tomorrow or Friday
When I originally looked at the email, they hadn't actually stocked the watches. But you are correct, it is completely free. In fact it's better than free. Because of the absurdly high value they assigned to the watch to keep people without a credit from buying it, you can automatically qualify for free shipping on anything else you might want to buy without purchasing the normal $50.

Has anyone who preordered the ZTD Watch Edition from Amazon but never received the game gotten the email about the watch? I haven't.
2dcfc60b170bbe1a5e9f05e7488389dc9f055134.gif

I'd probably start a ticket about your previous order and ask what's going on.

Nooooo how is it that Best Buy sold out of Cold Steel 2??? Does anyone know if this happened to the first one and they got a restock? They seem to have copies of 1, but not 2. I have GCU and would prefer to get it from BB if possible...
Order from Amazon. You'll still be eligible for the 20% discount...although you won't get any rewards points.

Assuming you have prime....

Screw that--based on how "helpful" Amazon CS has been for me and others during this whole fiasco, I'm just going to contact Danny again.
I ordered 2 and got $600 in credit. I contacted Amazon CS asking for $400. I don't know what to expect. Are these credits real dollars, has anybody used them elsewhere on Amazon?

Nooooo how is it that Best Buy sold out of Cold Steel 2??? Does anyone know if this happened to the first one and they got a restock? They seem to have copies of 1, but not 2. I have GCU and would prefer to get it from BB if possible...
I have a feeling they will get a restock. Similar thing happened with Zero Time Dilemma. It was sold out for a good 3 to 4 weeks right before and soon after release, but then they got a restock in of both the Vita and 3DS versions, which lasted a few days to a week (can't remember exactly) before they sold out for good. If they do get a restock, order right away!

I ordered 2 and got $600 in credit. I contacted Amazon CS asking for $400. I don't know what to expect. Are these credits real dollars, has anybody used them elsewhere on Amazon?
Those credits can only be applied to the watch - they cannot be used to buy anything else (that I'm aware of).

Yeah, the credits are only for the watch, and I already heard back from Amazon, and they said Aksys supplied the credits, and that you need to contact them. 

So pretty much, it's back to square one, as Amazon is saying Aksys is to blame, and I'm waiting to hear back from Aksys, but I'm sure they'll say it's Amazon's problem. 

So anyone with more than one watch order will probably be out of luck, unless you want to pay $600 for one.

Not bad Koei titles coming over. Expected stuff, with the Nights of Azure 2 likely being the only surprise and maybe the "story focused" Samurai Warriors title. I'm getting a bit tired of hunting games, though Toukiden was fun, and more Atelier Iris is always good. I'm just surprised there wasn't an announcement for the plus version of Shallie, but i'm sure that will happen eventually. 

Not bad Koei titles coming over. Expected stuff, with the Nights of Azure 2 likely being the only surprise and maybe the "story focused" Samurai Warriors title. I'm getting a bit tired of hunting games, though Toukiden was fun, and more Atelier Iris is always good. I'm just surprised there wasn't an announcement for the plus version of Shallie, but i'm sure that will happen eventually.
I want them to bring over that Dynasty Warriors RPG hybrid, but I'm not even sure if it's out in Japan yet.

I have a feeling they will get a restock. Similar thing happened with Zero Time Dilemma. It was sold out for a good 3 to 4 weeks right before and soon after release, but then they got a restock in of both the Vita and 3DS versions, which lasted a few days to a week (can't remember exactly) before they sold out for good. If they do get a restock, order right away!
Wait, so is Zero Time Dilemma going to be hard to find? I was waiting to buy this game and it's currently in stock at Amazon.

Wait, so is Zero Time Dilemma going to be hard to find? I was waiting to buy this game and it's currently in stock at Amazon.
It may be. OOS at Best Buy/Gamestop/Walmart online and Gamestop's locator only shows a couple copies within 100 miles for me.

Oddly enough Target shows it as a pre-order online.

It may be. OOS at Best Buy/Gamestop/Walmart online and Gamestop's locator only shows a couple copies within 100 miles for me.

Oddly enough Target shows it as a pre-order online.
yea, you're right. Ok, thanks. I'll go ahead and order it then.

On a side note. I just got this about Criminal Girls - Party Bag Edition from Videogamesplus

Hello,

We are sorry as there was a miscommunication between us and NISA regarding this title. The Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors: Party Bag Edition - PS VITA version is exclusive to NISA we will not be getting this version, the version we are carrying is Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors: Limited Edition - PS VITA. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you would like us to switch to the other version or cancel the order?

No wonder they took that listing down like the next day after it went up, and replaced it with the regular LE, lol.

I was confused to as why VGP was going to carry that version, but it all makes sense now.

WTF!? I didn't get an email. Please post the email. Block out your name and stuff. I just wanna see what the email looks like.
If you ever do no-rush shipping, it was in the same format at the emails that tell you about the digital credits you earn.

Subject: Benefit Confirmation for your Order xxxxxx

Says: Thank you for purchasing "Zero Time Dilemma". We apologize for the manufacturer delay in delivering your bonus watch. Please navigate to the link provided to add the watch to your cart and redeem your watch, free of charge. Your watch credit has been added to your account and promotion will be reflected at check-out.

You probably lost your chance at getting it with a GCU discount at Best Buy. Which is why I would suggest at jumping on Trails of Cold Steel 2 if it ever gets a restock there (both Vita and PS3 versions are currently OOS).

yea, you're right. Ok, thanks. I'll go ahead and order it then.

On a side note. I just got this about Criminal Girls - Party Bag Edition from Videogamesplus

Hello,

We are sorry as there was a miscommunication between us and NISA regarding this title. The Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors: Party Bag Edition - PS VITA version is exclusive to NISA we will not be getting this version, the version we are carrying is Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors: Limited Edition - PS VITA. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you would like us to switch to the other version or cancel the order?
Someone just put up a Vita copy on eBay for $27 shipped OBO: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zero-Time-Dilemma-Sony-PlayStation-Vita-2016-/152234828183

WTF!? I didn't get an email. Please post the email. Block out your name and stuff. I just wanna see what the email looks like.
I got the Vita version btw. Subject is Benefit Confirmation for your Order

Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.com.
Your recent order entitles you to a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit can be applied to your next qualifying purchase.
Promotion details:
Additional information on this offer can be found here.
Thank you for purchasing "Zero Time Dilemma". We apologize for the manufacturer delay in delivering your bonus watch. Please navigate to the link provided to add the watch to your cart and redeem your watch, free of charge. Your watch credit has been added to your account and promotion will be reflected at check-out.

To redeem your free Premium booklet, please visit this link
**Link expires on 9/14/16
The promotional credit must be used by December 31, 2016. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.
Thanks again for shopping with us.
Amazon.com
Earth's Biggest Selection

Yeah, the credits are only for the watch, and I already heard back from Amazon, and they said Aksys supplied the credits, and that you need to contact them.

So pretty much, it's back to square one, as Amazon is saying Aksys is to blame, and I'm waiting to hear back from Aksys, but I'm sure they'll say it's Amazon's problem.

So anyone with more than one watch order will probably be out of luck, unless you want to pay $600 for one.
That's way more informative than the bull my Amazon CS tried to feed me. He tried to tell me the watches were limited to one per customer. While that may have been true, there were obviously two separate SKUs.

I have no idea how to contact Aksys. But I'm gonna Google them up and send them a pissed off email now.

Hello,

Well fuck NISA has delisted the Party Bag Edition from their site. I guess I'm stuck. Even if NISA tosses up a tiny window to sell a few more copies, that'll be really late and run the risk of entirely missing out on any LE.

If you ever do no-rush shipping, it was in the same format at the emails that tell you about the digital credits you earn.

Subject: Benefit Confirmation for your Order xxxxxx

Says: Thank you for purchasing "Zero Time Dilemma". We apologize for the manufacturer delay in delivering your bonus watch. Please navigate to the link provided to add the watch to your cart and redeem your watch, free of charge. Your watch credit has been added to your account and promotion will be reflected at check-out.

I got the Vita version btw. Subject is Benefit Confirmation for your Order

Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.com.
Your recent order entitles you to a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit can be applied to your next qualifying purchase.
Promotion details:
Additional information on this offer can be found here.
Thank you for purchasing "Zero Time Dilemma". We apologize for the manufacturer delay in delivering your bonus watch. Please navigate to the link provided to add the watch to your cart and redeem your watch, free of charge. Your watch credit has been added to your account and promotion will be reflected at check-out.

To redeem your free Premium booklet, please visit this link
**Link expires on 9/14/16
The promotional credit must be used by December 31, 2016. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.
Thanks again for shopping with us.
Amazon.com
Earth's Biggest Selection
Oh thank god, I got the email. Phew. But really why are they doing it like this? They know who should get the watch 'cause that's how they sent out the promo credit. And it looks like it's screwing over the importers. It's just unnecessarily complicating matters. Their motives must be pretty complex.

The premium booklet is pretty cool although it'd be a lot cooler if it was a physical book mailed with the watch. Not sure if the link is unique. Probably not but I re-upped it anyway just in case here.

Yeah, Aksys really dropped the ball on this whole situation. I was reading their twitter account, and yeah, those international customers where boned big time. They bought the game ages ago, and paid for shipping, fees and taxes already, only to get charge even more to now get the watch.

How or why Amazon is doing what they are is beyond silly to me, as they obviously know who ordered the watches, so why do this credit crap? Just send the watches to those customers who already had that bundle ordered and paid for.

I'm no fan of GS, but they sent the game, and then within their system, it showed the game was sent, but the watch wasn't, and the ordered stayed open until the watch was sent. Then the order was complete. One and done. How the  fuck is it possible GS can do anything better than Amazon?

It's like they just want to  fuck customers over for no good reason, except the fact that they can.

Video Games Plus has the Steins Gate 0 Limited Edition version up at a $10 Canadian markup, hoping it shows up on Amazon soon for the 20% discount.

Tempted to use VGP to get the limited version of Criminal Girls 2 while it's still available...

Funbag Fantasy aka Kyonyuu Fantasy from Mangagamer 18+ now out for $44.95. Nukige but has comedy elements....forgot to pre-order. I may get it since I do enjoy comedy Nukiges such as Sex and Games Make Sexy Games and Imouto Paradise. Supposedly well thought of and entertaining. 

Link NSFW

VNDB NSFW

Funbag Fantasy aka Kyonyuu Fantasy from Mangagamer 18+ now out for $44.95. Nukige but has comedy elements....forgot to pre-order. I may get it since I do enjoy comedy Nukiges such as Sex and Games Make Sexy Games and Imouto Paradise. Supposedly well thought of and entertaining.

Link NSFW

VNDB NSFW
[media]http://imgur.com/a/s91HJ[/media]

bread's done
Back