Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
giphy.gif
Well hey, at least it's.. better than nothing! :whistle2: -Coughs-

I was excited at first, because I thought this was as announcement about a sequel to the Jeanne d'Arc psp game.
Lol, it got me as well. That was one of the few strategy games I ever really got into, and one of my favorite all-time PSP games. I always loved the subtle humor between Colet, and if I remember correctly Marcel. Where he kept referring to him as Colette. I need to rebuy that and play through it again. I vehemently regret selling most of my PS2, and PSP games so many years ago.

Just wait for the FFXV Collectors Edition to start getting flipped.

The price on that thing is gonna be nuts.  :pray:

Anyone else get their watch from Zero Time Dilemma? Amazon thought it was a good idea to send mines in a bubble mail ^_^

Asked for an exchange and it should come tomorrow. Probably going to be in a bubble mail again. 

Anyone else get their watch from Zero Time Dilemma? Amazon thought it was a good idea to send mines in a bubble mail ^_^

Asked for an exchange and it should come tomorrow. Probably going to be in a bubble mail again.
I haven't gotten mine yet, but it's due on Monday(or hopefully Sunday), and I was already expecting a bubble mailer. So fingers crossed it's not damaged, but if you got a replacement, that tells me they have plenty of stock, so I'll be doing the same if need be.

Criminal Girls 2 was delayed or am I missing something as I received my copy today... was only the LE delayed as mine is the vanilla edition

There are only two places I think you can order from VGP and NIS... will try to get good pics shortly... doubt NIS would sent it out if they did delay it...

It's probably not a hard street date.

There are already listings up for the game on eBay, that aren't pre-orders, so there does seem to be a bulk of people that had already gotten theirs.

I can't believe how much of a cluster  fuck the watch situation has been for ZTD. It's even worse than what happened with Ni No Kuni.

Glad I decided against preordering it

For those who still have VLR watch editions in limbo, use the shipping change trick.  Last night I switched my Vita watch edition to the following:

2 day shipping -> standard shipping

standard shipping -> 2 day shipping

This morning I got a shipping notification and the email regarding the promotion on how to order the watch.

For those who still have VLR watch editions in limbo, use the shipping change trick. Last night I switched my Vita watch edition to the following:

This morning I got a shipping notification and the email regarding the promotion on how to order the watch.
How do I change shipping methods? I selected free super saver shipping without realizing I could use the extra $100 for anything (I assumed it was for some broken combo discount on my second watch).

Edit: Ah fuck me. I managed to cancel my order to change the shipping speed. But cancelling it refunded me the $500, and somehow deleted the excess $100. So now I just have $500 credit even. I'm sure Amazon can fix this at least.

Does anyone know if NISA has phone number or other way to contact them? 

I used their contact us form 3 times to change an address, and no response or change after weeks. 

Does anyone know if NISA has phone number or other way to contact them?

I used their contact us form 3 times to change an address, and no response or change after weeks.
"You can also reach us by phone at (714)540-1185 Monday through Friday at 10AM to 5 PM PST."

Of course you'll have to wait a couple days to call. ;P

For those who still have VLR watch editions in limbo, use the shipping change trick. Last night I switched my Vita watch edition to the following:

Changed the shipping on mine and it changed the delivery date from August 26th to this Tuesday. Hopefully that worked.

Got my replacement for the watch. Shipped the exact same way and came the exact same way.. :)

Whatever. I don't care to bother with this anymore.
Yeah, I've had that happen 100% of the time, after speaking with CS and them promising to ship it different.

I've been told on every occasion that a box would be used, or it wouldn't arrive damaged the second time, and it's happened in every situation. I've gotten some good stuff free or greatly discounted due to their lack of communication with other departments, but I would have rather had the items as they where intended, but it's all good.

I'm sure my watch will arrive the same way, but I'll for sure try my best to get it corrected, but I know where that road leads, sadly :wall:

Got my replacement for the watch. Shipped the exact same way and came the exact same way.. :)

Whatever. I don't care to bother with this anymore.
Yeah, I've had that happen 100% of the time, after speaking with CS and them promising to ship it different.

I've been told on every occasion that a box would be used, or it wouldn't arrive damaged the second time, and it's happened in every situation. I've gotten some good stuff free or greatly discounted due to their lack of communication with other departments, but I would have rather had the items as they where intended, but it's all good.

I'm sure my watch will arrive the same way, but I'll for sure try my best to get it corrected, but I know where that road leads, sadly :wall:
Said this before but I feel like the damage on the cases are from the factory, not Amazon or GS. My GS watch came in a box, with air bubbles, and it arrived with lots of cracks, at least 4 cracks from 1/2 to 1 inch. My Amazon watch arrived in a bubble mailer and only had 1 notable crack. Plus, the GS one had the gummy stuff on the side... definitely sure that these were part of the damaged batch and Aksys said screw it and sent out anyway.

"You can also reach us by phone at (714)540-1185 Monday through Friday at 10AM to 5 PM PST."

Of course you'll have to wait a couple days to call. ;P
Thanks. I should probably learn to scroll down...

Said this before but I feel like the damage on the cases are from the factory, not Amazon or GS. My GS watch came in a box, with air bubbles, and it arrived with lots of cracks, at least 4 cracks from 1/2 to 1 inch. My Amazon watch arrived in a bubble mailer and only had 1 notable crack. Plus, the GS one had the gummy stuff on the side... definitely sure that these were part of the damaged batch and Aksys said screw it and sent out anyway.
Yeah, my GS watch came in a box to, but it was in it with a few of those air packets, and there was plenty of room for it to bang around. It wasn't cracked or broke, but it easily could have been.

Pretty weird that Zero Time Dilemma is sold out at certain stores and $40 at Amazon but there are new copies on eBay for 25-29
The niche game companies are aware of how well their games sell physical and have hit the sweet spot between supply and demand.

E: of course Ebay resellers count as the retail sales so now they're taking a bath.

Yeah, good luck with that! :wall:
I've gone back and forth with 4 emails now, and it's still not done. I've just had one of those "you've fell for my trap card" moments though. My CS said the extra $100 isn't there to cover shipping, it's there to cover taxes. I'm fine with paying the $5 shipping fee to Canada, but they get to cover the $60+ in taxes. And it sounds like they have no idea how to redeem that $100 remainder, so Amazon might eat sixty freaking dollars for my free Chinese novelty watch.

This is crazy.

I also feel that some of those extra ZTD are from resellers who ordered extra for extra watches....just a speculation though.
That's me kinda, I ordered both watch editions, and I was planning on keeping them sealed. They're kinda pointless now, I don't need 4 regular copies.

That hat is way too overpriced IMHO. I have just a little love for Neptunia games, but I do like the idea from the meme. 

That hat is way too overpriced IMHO. I have just a little love for Neptunia games, but I do like the idea from the meme.
The shirts are really nice, I still have my original $25 Noire one that I wore a lot and it's still intact. I'll probably pick up the NEXT ones too one of these days.

REMINDER: The $20 pre-order discount on Summon Night 6's Wonderful Edition ends on September 15th this week, which is Thursday.

Surprisingly Arc System Works released INFERNO CLIMBER last week on PC only, which is the first time I've heard of it. Other than that it's quite the heavy week in terms of sheer release numbers. I suppose the Steam release on STEINS;GATE from last week is also worth mentioning that it uses the JAST translation, but they did some engrish shit on the UI elements. So if you were getting that for Steam I'd make sure to do some research before hand.

Other stuff that released without warning last week that are all on PC/Steam:
- STEINS;GATE (Visual Novel)
- INFERNO CLIMBER (Action RPG)
- Gochi-Show! for Girls (Learn Cooking / Otome Edition)
- Catch Me (Strategy / Stealth / Multiplayer-Only)

Weekly Releases (September 11th - September 17th)

Noitu Love: Devolution
- Platform(s): 3DS, Wii U
- Genre: Action / Beat'em Up
- Demo: Available on PC only.
- Online: N/A
- Comments: Digital only. This is actually called Noitu Love 2: Devolution on PC. Fun game.

Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
- Platform(s): 3DS
- Genre: RPG
- Demo: N/A
- Comments: Probably the longest main story in an RPG that I have ever played.

Dead Rising
- Platform(s): PS4, XB1, PC
- Genre: Action-Adventure / Survival Horror
- Comments: Port to current gen consoles.

Dead Rising 2
- Platform(s): PS4, XB1
- Online: Yes
- Comments: Port to current gen consoles. Already on PC.

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
- Platform(s): PS4, XB1
- Online: Yes.
- Comments: Port to current gen consoles. Already on PC.

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness
- Platform(s): PS4, Vita
- Genre: Visual Novel
- Comments: Releasing on PC at a later date.

Unholy Heights
- Platform(s): PS4
- Genre: Strategy / Tower Defense / Simulation
- Demo: Available on PC only.
- Comments: Digital only and already out on PC. It's a fun little indie game though.

Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics
- Platform(s): PS4, Vita, PC
- Genre: Roguelike / RPG
- Comments: Currently digital only. Limited Run Games is doing a physical release for it on PS4 & Vita, but that isn't releasing until September 30th.

MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death
- Platform(s): Vita
- Genre: RPG / First-Person Dungeon Crawler

ReCore
- Platform(s): XB1, Windows 10 Store
- Genre: Action-Adventure / Third-Person Shooter
- Comments: Partially Japanese? I honestly don't know, so I'll just include it since Comcept was involved.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2017
- Platform(s): PS3, PS4, 360, XB1, PC
- Genre: Sports / Soccer
- Online: Yes
- Comments: It's Konami, so it's Japanese.

Catch Canvas
- Platform(s): PC
- Genre: Visual Novel

Momonga Pinball Adventures
- Platform(s): PC
- Genre: Pinball
- Comments: Not really Japanese, but I added it anyways since Momonga is a Japanese flying squirrel.

Past Releases
September 4th - September 10th
August 28th - September 3rd
August 21st - August 27th
August 14th - August 20th
August 7th - August 13th

This is crazy.
Well I just had a 45 minute chat with Amazon, and they wouldn't cover those international taxes. So I'm sending my order to the USA again, just now with free 2-day shipping. Yeah, that was worth my time... My guaranteed delivery date disappeared once my 2-day shipping was set to free, but I just can't complain anymore.

>_> Anyone get their watch super jacked up... i notice scratches and my thing fell off the watch.......I want to complain but I got the ZTD order through someone else and don't feel like bothering them

bread's done
Back