Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
The day one edition (of which I think is still being sold) comes with a remake of the first game, so you're getting two games and their respective expansions for the price of one.
Thanks for the recommendation. I went ahead and got it. With the amount of content that it sounds like it comes with, $25 is an amount I am willing to pay for a new copy.

Thanks for the recommendation. I went ahead and got it. With the amount of content that it sounds like it comes with, $25 is an amount I am willing to pay for a new copy.
The first game I've only completed the first story arc and that took me over 30 hours (and there's two more arcs to go). The second game I've barely scratched the surface of because I've been sidetracked by other games. You definitely get a lot of bang for your buck.

Please let it be a console game
You just jinxed it to be a mobile game.

It's totally going to be SMT: Go! where you have to talk to the demons to catch them.

And you will be able to fuse them and give them specific skills to defend areas located in McDonald's.

You heard it here first.

Funny you mentioned this, we've actually played with a girl from this thread once (won't say her name but you can probably guess who) and she plays more/better than I do.

I really hate the Mei brawl, I feel like it's very poorly mei-ed. The only good thing is the amei-zing intro, feels like a mei-diocre version of Black Op's One in the Chamber. I don't see why killing someone won't replenish your ammo. And mei I say this? Mei-by the mode needs a damn timer! When it's 6 v 1, the 1 person always hides in a corner and wastes everyone's time. It's driving mei-king me crazy.
God dammit teddie who let you in here?!

Danganronpa V3 PS4 and PS Vita models announced for Japan

rwnzuf.jpg

Accel World VS Sword Art Online Shows Gameplay in First Commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAEZDpqMPZQ

Fate/Extella ‘DLC Lineup No. 5’ trailer

Wasn't someone looking for Atelier Escha and Logy physical on Vita?

The limited edition was surprisingly traded in to estarland.com

https://www.estarland.com/PSVITA.cat..product.49906.html

They're picky about trade-ins. You'll notice they list what's missing or if it's complete and they won't accept items covered in stickers or super beat up cases so it's probably in good shape.

$52, free shipping.
in for a cancellation :D/

Is Twilight Ghost Hunters worth picking up? It's going for $10 at Gamestop (PS3/used). From what I read it sounds like a visual novel, but with some additional gameplay features?

Buncha guys on the Niche community playing Overwatch last night, so don't be afraid to join us whenever there's a party going on. Just pop in and we'll invite you into the group!
Star Wars Battlefront arrived and I finally downloaded the 20gb worth of update patches and DLC. If anyone's playing this weekend, I'm down for it. Usually play at night though, after midnight (east coast time).

Rest in Peace The Last of Us Part II and Days Gone (okay who am I kidding this one is a failure either way, it's by the devs who made Bubsy 3D for crying out loud).

Press F to Pay Respect

Aww wish I had looked, I would have loved to play with you guys.
I feel like you're trying to imply something but I can't figure out what.

They're picky about trade-ins. You'll notice they list what's missing or if it's complete and they won't accept items covered in stickers or super beat up cases so it's probably in good shape.

$52, free shipping.
Thanks Pheria, I actually was!

I feel like I am too late now though and someone might have picked it up but hopefully I can still get it.

Thanks for remembering someone wanted one.

Half price promotion restricted to UK customers only.

Is that... enforced?
See, this kind of shit pisses me off about Rice Digital. If we are already paying the crazy $30 international shipping charge, how does it matter that we get in on the discounted price? Not to mention they are selling the US version of the CE at a discount...exclusively to UK customers.

See, this kind of shit pisses me off about Rice Digital. If we are already paying the crazy $30 international shipping charge, how does it matter that we get in on the discounted price? Not to mention they are selling the US version of the CE at a discount...exclusively to UK customers.
I gave up on these guys awhile back, and that was when they still offered free shipping. Now with the $30 shipping, I would really have to be off my nut to buy there again.

All I ever want from those sets is the art book anyway, and VGP in Canada offers those along with a cheaper cost, free shipping, and a few days for delivery.

Rice can keep their expensive shipping, poor packaging, and high prices and stick it up their.........Well, you know where. LOL

Is Twilight Ghost Hunters worth picking up? It's going for $10 at Gamestop (PS3/used). From what I read it sounds like a visual novel, but with some additional gameplay features?

Star Wars Battlefront arrived and I finally downloaded the 20gb worth of update patches and DLC. If anyone's playing this weekend, I'm down for it. Usually play at night though, after midnight (east coast time).
I have TGH on the Vita and you heard about right. It's a VN/Dungeon crawler type where you'll hunt ghosts. You'll setup cameras, traps, and the sort to catch them. I put a few hours into it, but I was easily pulled away by ArNosurge, and Lost Dimensions. I plan on going back and playing it more since it had a neat idea. I'd say $10 is worth your time if you feel like putting in about 45 hours (two playthroughs) of playtime.

Sure enough, God Eater 2: Rage Burst has dipped a little more in price on Amazon. Ah well, such is life. For anyone who hasn't gotten it yet, keep your finger over the buy button, and slap it when it reaches your personal threshold. It will likely inch a few dollars lower before bottoming out and rising again.

Just pretend Rice Digital doesn't exist. Easiest way to deal with things.

Played a bit more of the Mei Snowball Arcade mode on Overwatch....that was a fun way to get the wins necessary for the loot boxes for playing those modes. It's horribly unbalanced once it becomes say 1 vs 4 or more. Only way a Mei player can win the 1 is if they have the ult which gives unlimited snowball shooting for a bit. Still pretty fun and the games go quickly. I do dislike that map though.....though that's mainly from the 1vs1 mode I had to torture myself through to get a loot box. I hate that mode....just not fun. I'm ready for quick/competitive play/Mei arcade brawl, though as Draekon put, i'm a later night gamer.

I seem to have accumulated a fair amount of unused keys for various games, of which a decent amount of are thread oriented. So I'll offer them up to anybody who has posted in this thread previously with a maximum 2 today and 2 tomorrow per person. Then come Saturday I'll just dump the remaining keys for whoever wants them. The only thing I ask is that you use the keys and not trade or resell them.

I'm pretty sure all the codes work, but there's always a chance they won't. I included two that I have several keys used of but I'm not sure if the fourth was used and marked those ones appropriately.

(Edited out. Will re-post todays list at around Noon CST in a new reply)

EDIT: If you are quoting this post, please edit out the list to prevent any confusion.

EDIT 2: I'll re-post this tomorrow after cleaning it up from the stuff that's gone for the second set of grabs.

EDIT 3: I'll deal with anymore tomorrow.

EDIT 4: Fixing up today's list for Noon CST.

Played a bit more of the Mei Snowball Arcade mode on Overwatch....that was a fun way to get the wins necessary for the loot boxes for playing those modes. It's horribly unbalanced once it becomes say 1 vs 4 or more. Only way a Mei player can win the 1 is if they have the ult which gives unlimited snowball shooting for a bit. Still pretty fun and the games go quickly. I do dislike that map though.....though that's mainly from the 1vs1 mode I had to torture myself through to get a loot box. I hate that mode....just not fun. I'm ready for quick/competitive play/Mei arcade brawl, though as Draekon put, i'm a later night gamer.
I went 1v4 in a match that was even with 2/2. Used my alt earlier in the round or the previous round and didn't have it. Took out three thanks to smart use of walls but missed my shot with the fourth and for whatever reason he thought he had me since I was empty but my ult popped and I promptly shot him. One of the most intense situations I've been in with Overwatch.

Wow Draekon, you even have Retro City Rampage. I recommend this to anyone that wants old school visual with fairly involved combo aystem.

I seem to have accumulated a fair amount of unused keys for various games, of which a decent amount of are thread oriented. So I'll offer them up to anybody who has posted in this thread previously with a maximum 2 today and 2 tomorrow per person. Then come Saturday I'll just dump the remaining keys for whoever wants them. The only thing I ask is that you use the keys and not trade or resell them.

I'm pretty sure all the codes work, but there's always a chance they won't. I included two that I have several keys used of but I'm not sure if the fourth was used and marked those ones appropriately.

Insert large list here
That's a giant list haha

How'd you acquire all these? Giveaways? I'd love to try To the Moon and Go Go Nippon if possible. Nice of you to do this

$52, free shipping.
Sadly I was too late when I noticed this post. Looks like someone already got it. Thanks for the notice though!!

If anyone sees another one somewhere would greatly appreciate another notice :)

That's a giant list haha

How'd you acquire all these? Giveaways? I'd love to try To the Moon and Go Go Nippon if possible. Nice of you to do this
Various bundles that I never use, 2 or 4-pack buys that ended up not getting fully used and some other things. I figured I had enough to warrant tossing them out again.

This list pales in comparison to the one I did in 2012 (I think?) for the Steam thread before I stopped posting there.

I went 1v4 in a match that was even with 2/2. Used my alt earlier in the round or the previous round and didn't have it. Took out three thanks to smart use of walls but missed my shot with the fourth and for whatever reason he thought he had me since I was empty but my ult popped and I promptly shot him. One of the most intense situations I've been in with Overwatch.
Nice! Not saying it's impossible but 1 vs 4 or more really the odds are against you esp if they gang up on you. I like the brevity of the matches though. It's a perfect arcade mode IMHO.

Various bundles that I never use, 2 or 4-pack buys that ended up not getting fully used and some other things. I figured I had enough to warrant tossing them out again.

This list pales in comparison to the one I did in 2012 (I think?) for the Steam thread before I stopped posting there.
Ah makes sense. I appreciate it

If i would play one of the nep nep games, is vs Sega Hard the one? I'm really bored at the moment waiting for things to be patched and I kept looking at all the neptunia games for some reason. Never played them so any opinions I would like to hear. Also the chick on the front of the box cover for vs Sega Hard reminds me of Aqua from Konosuba. 

bread's done
Back