Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
nep vs sega girls is a spinoff of the series and not even the same genre as the main series. it's a hack n slash type game.
the main series is a turn based rpg.
if you like hack n slash like senran kagura you'll like this spinoff or the Neptunia U spinoff game.
Actually Blanc vs Zombies is the other action style one. Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls is turn based.

I know we talked the other day about who here has Star Wars Battlefront so that me and BlackRockWaifu can play with more people and I know some mentioned they got it for Black Friday but be sure to get it price matched as it's currently the Deal of the Day over at Best Buy making it only $15.99 after GCU. If you're still on the fence you could always jump in now if you weren't sure or in some cases those who have the vanilla version but not the Season Pass like the person we played with last week (can't remember his name at the moment) you could just buy this Ultimate Edition claim the DLC code and trade the Ultimate Edition to Amazon afterwards to get the Season Pass cheap, some might say it's a dick move but I mean it's not like Amazon cares anyway since they don't bother checking for such a thing.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-wars-battlefront-ultimate-edition-playstation-4/5655115.p?skuId=5655115

Normally I'd post a anime girl gif but instead I'll leave you with "the future" which involves a coffee machine that has killed Siri and Cortana to become your one true waifu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg

you forgot to include the relevant information.

That $22 price was from a third party, not by amazon.

It could have been a fake listing/japanese version/one seller under pricing his one copy of the game/etc?

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Valkyrie-Drive-Bhikkhuni-PlayStation-Vita/product/B01JHQURLY
Thanks for correcting me. I checked camel as I was going to sleep on my phone so I just did a search for valkyrie drive vita and picked the first relevant item that came up; idk why it would've had the 3rd party checked off since it never does that by default, but I did not intend to spread bad information

Some of those accessories should've been available day one, would've made the game much more enjoyable (for me atleast).

The "Nixperience Accessory" would've made the game an actual challenge.

After running through side missions and hunts i became leveled up way past the recommended level for story missions so they were a breeze. Bosses didnt phase me which was a disappointment as thats is arguably the most enjoyable part of an rpg, fighting an insurmountable boss and winning.

Anyway who hasn't gotten around to playing FFXV, i recommend using that accessory on your play through(its in the free dlc pack).

Here's Day 2 of 2 for the codes. All of the Wii U and 3DS codes are gone, so there's only PC games left. I also added "a few" more. Since I added a few, I think I'm going to up the allowed count to 3 for today based on how many PC codes went vs how many there are currently. Same rules as yesterday, you need to have previously posted in one of the Japanese Niche threads to qualify. This also means if you grabbed some shit yesterday, you can do so again today. Then tomorrow at around the same time as today, I'll drop any remaining keys I have for anybody to grab. Oh and the typical disclaimer to please use the keys and do not trade or resell them.

EDITED OUT

Oh and if you quote this post, please remove the list from the quote. It causes confusion.

EDIT: Will get to anymore requests tomorrow. It'll still be good until about two hours prior to the key dump.

EDIT 2: List is still good until 10AM CST/Central Time

EDIT 3: List is over. Next is the key dump in a couple hours.

Here's Day 2 of 2 for the codes. All of the Wii U and 3DS codes are gone, so there's only PC games left. I also added "a few" more. Since I added a few, I think I'm going to up the allowed count to 3 for today based on how many PC codes went vs how many there are currently. Same rules as yesterday, you need to have previously posted in one of the Japanese Niche threads to qualify. This also means if you grabbed some shit yesterday, you can do so again today. Then tomorrow at around the same time as today, I'll drop any remaining keys I have for anybody to grab. Oh and the typical disclaimer to please use the keys and do not trade or resell them.
Thanks Draekon!!! I checked the list, but it seems you had already fixed it.

**Edit** Did what was actually asked.

Thanks again Draekon!

Thanks Draekon!!! I checked the list, but it seems you had already fixed it.
Oh and if you quote this post, please remove the list from the quote. It causes confusion.

BreakableAptAustraliancurlew-size_restricted.gif

Thanks!

Kinda surprised that nobody has taken Long Live the Queen (Death Simulator) or Victor Vran.

I just realize I completely misread the original post, lol. Remove the list, not the games from the list...

f9FW2.gif
Well, you know Sam. Ziggy said there's a 98.3% chance you are here to edit that post to fix their life before you can leap out.

Wonder if we'll ever see a show like that again.

Well, you know Sam. Ziggy said there's a 98.3% chance you are here to edit that post to fix their life before you can leap out.

Since everything is being remade, it wouldn't surprise me. Anyway, you are generous and fast. I salute you sir!
aegis-ultimate3.jpg

Haven't posted one of these in awhile so.. Figure Update:

P_20161216_162101_1.jpg

Finally decided to buy the Miku Racing 2015 Figure & She's just downright gorgeous!

P_20161212_180725.jpg

Also managed to find these 3 Haruhi Suzumiya Trio of Figs from the old WII game.

Should be getting the Racing Miku 2016 Figma sometime next week along with with the

Banpresto one as well. The GoodSmile 1/8th won't come out until Sept 2017 :nottalking:
That Haruhi pirate figure is pretty awesome.

Kinda surprised that nobody has taken Long Live the Queen (Death Simulator) or Victor Vran.

I edited my post Al, but why am I still here? Why haven't I leaped?

Dragon Quest XI launches 2017 in Japan; opening movie, gameplay, and first character details

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdHYS2OWYW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQGyfmcJulg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCMRiZx78Jk

NieR: Automata Gets Epic Gameplay Trailer, Introduces New “Cypress Stick” Weapon From Dragon Quest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Usx3BWBGg

Gust teases Atelier series 20th anniversary project

Dynasty Warriors 9 Announced by Koei Tecmo With Teaser Trailer and Artwork; Will Be Open World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eCJQEjYSZc

Dragon Quest XI is already my favorite game of 2017, based on nothing but the cute noise the Slimes make hopping around the world map.
Is this really being released for the PS4 and the 3DS?

If it's due next year, I'm pretty sure the 3DS version must be pretty far along, but this is quite the pairing. Has it been announced for the US yet? And I'm sure the 3DS version will take a hit in the graphics, but will it have all the voice work and everything the PS4 version will?

Is this really being released for the PS4 and the 3DS?

If it's due next year, I'm pretty sure the 3DS version must be pretty far along, but this is quite the pairing. Has it been announced for the US yet? And I'm sure the 3DS version will take a hit in the graphics, but will it have all the voice work and everything the PS4 version will?
Yes.

No.

No idea.

And I'm sure the 3DS version will take a hit in the graphics, but will it have all the voice work and everything the PS4 version will?
The PS4 version will have Dragon Quest VIII like graphics while the 3DS will be more along the lines of the other 3DS remakes. Two separate styles. No idea about voice overs at all.

The PS4 version will be Dragon Quest VIII like graphics while the 3DS will be more along the lines of the other 3DS remakes. Two separate styles. No idea about voice overs at all.
I guess it's cool the 3DS will be getting this at all, so a gimped version may not be that bad. Now to wait and see if if ever makes it to the states.

Here's some screens from around a year ago of each version so you have an example of what both look like. I'm sure it'll make it westward eventually.

[customspoiler='PS4 Screens']
dragon-quest-11-screens05.jpg

dragon-quest-11-screens04.jpg

dragon-quest-11-screens09.jpg

[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='3DS Screens']
dragon-quest-11-screens01.jpg

dragon-quest-11-screens06.jpg

dragon-quest-11-screens07.jpg

[/customspoiler]

Of course the last trailer that Supplice linked showed this as well.

Here's the leftover keys I promised.

[customspoiler='PC Keys (Steam unless otherwise noted)']
A Story About My Uncle JJINR-YEP4G-VF4CC
A Story About My Uncle PTRF9-Q6TWM-GD9JP
Abyss Odyssey DNPN3-MT00I-F44H5
Abyss Odyssey J7LE8-CXGG4-A9C0Z
Abyss Odyssey 3K2HT-F2K89-4QV7C
Anomaly 2 Y4K28-548K3-BLR5T
Another Perspective C4CA2-EG7KD-LVC0F
Bejeweled™ 3 YY2NX-62Y5V-6F8BP
Bionic Heart 5BFR7-2Q59F-72N32
Bionic Heart 2 - Deluxe Edition 3IK7L-JYF8X-6WBY5
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box 4HBFD-2IZY8-7CP92
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) 75C4-TK8N-HL6J-V4XW-7YZE
Citizens of Earth VD7BE-TL7MI-250D3
Cognition: Episode 1 F0HTJ-KK3NT-XRYK0
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (Origin) HGZH-36AX-HSH6-REQN-CWP9
Critical Mass 0RQHM-AGI9P-K7056
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) FUA2-AMPX-TEYM-CERL-SF5X
Dead Space (Origin) AVU4-2J6Z-8DN4-8USR-5VKW
Death Ray Manta V7Y6N-KKD5R-6Q3X3
Euro Truck Simulator 2 LHDJC-M8CVQ-HV5VL
Euro Truck Simulator 2 B4IR9-M3ZGF-YPEMP
Flatout 0DQ5H-VQTIP-P5Z93
Flower Shop: Summer In Fairbrook 5RLQA-RCRMM-0ZJ9X
Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook 3E0LK-J4PZH-W6BYN
Freedom Planet 2C8FL-Z7AXI-XIKC7
God Mode ANHW9-R9F7K-24RMI
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes 0CY07-WX5AM-0975J
Heileen 1: Sail Away 55WTL-V32X5-Y62IX
Heileen 2: The Hands Of Fate 58CII-3KF8N-A8JB5
Heileen 3: New Horizons - Deluxe Edition AXBCB-RKFEN-0E2XL
Knight Squad DAP05-HNWLR-9PT0Y
Konung 2 04CCL-8ZPVH-NLY7X
Konung 3: Ties of the Dynasty 048AG-3X4RZ-35K97
Loren The Amazon Princess - Deluxe Edition 2CTNP-WB2ZD-BPXCP
LYNE 0P2Y0-7RDNV-E2HI9
Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY 8QB4B-L089Q-29GQP
Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY FX5AF-4QI2J-Y2XMR
Mirror's Edge HGVYT-4IY5I-2F2NM
Mirror's Edge (Origin) DER9-M5V7-2773-HPLF-TKWC
Nicole (Otome Version) - Deluxe Edition 2C0BX-8LFEN-REZAE
Planet Stronghold - Deluxe Edition 2DQGX-0NK59-EF9CV
REVOLVER 360 RE:ACTOR GG3H0-82Z69-5RKYY
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves 0QC6D-I98YG-JRYFL
Spirited Heart Deluxe 3F3HZ-NLAAC-NG894
Stealth Bastard Deluxe QQ2M4-RIWPP-9ATHI
The Tale of ALLTYNEX JJA4I-WZB2G-P8BAC
Train of Afterlife 2FDWZ-W5BC4-KEIFV
Vertiginous Golf ET44J-K9BCI-NBGGA
Vertiginous Golf 3T2MR-4DDBX-W6X88
Vertiginous Golf FJM36-KVY9V-YE9NK
Vertiginous Golf QQEGH-Z9PYK-N4CXK
Vertiginous Golf BPIYY-I4WMM-D2M0D
Vertiginous Golf T4IN2-FNXKE-RDYF2
Vertiginous Golf EYHA8-87LT5-76ZMI[/customspoiler]

I would be pretty shocked if DQ XI doesn't get a US release (at least one version). I mean it is a mainline DQ game and both versions look pretty sweet.

I will be probably getting the PS4 (if it comes stateside) version Day One assuming it doesn't release next to Persona 5 or Zelda.

I would be pretty shocked if DQ XI doesn't get a US release (at least one version). I mean it is a mainline DQ game and both versions look pretty sweet.

I will be probably getting the PS4 (if it comes stateside) version Day One assuming it doesn't release next to Persona 5 or Zelda.
I'm 99.9% sure the PS4 version will make it over, but the 3DS will probably depend on how well the two most recent games sale, and who knows even if they do well. A game of this size requires a shit ton of work to release in other regions, so I'm not that hopeful for the 3DS game, but we'll see.

Have been lurking around this forum for awhile now,
thank you so much for the keys.
I claimed the following games,  
Mirror's Edge (Origin) DER9-M5V7-2773-HPLF-TKWC

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) FUA2-AMPX-TEYM-CERL-SF5X
Dead Space (Origin) AVU4-2J6Z-8DN4-8USR-5VKW

We haven't had a big screen main line DQ game since Dragon Quest VIII on PS2.  That's kind of a huge deal don't you think. 

Dragon Quest 11 looks amazing.  I even like all of the characters visually, this time around.

Thanks again Draekon, grabbed a couple:

Tale of ALLTYNEX JJA4I-WZB2G-P8BAC
REVOLVER 360 RE:ACTOR GG3H0-82Z69-5RKYY
Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY FX5AF-4QI2J-Y2XMR

Edit: undid the big font, idk why it did that.

Thanks for the vids supplice as always.  dq11 looks nice.  I might just double dip and buy it on both due to the nice aesthetic differences.  Also glad the models looks good this time around.

bread's done
Back