Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Touhou Genso Wanderer LE for the PS4 is up on Amazon.
Nice, thanks! If this includes everything the NIS America website version includes I can cancel that version and just order this one with the 20% off.

Actually it looks like they moved a lot of their stock to Amazon as its now at 0-5% available at NISA's webstore.

Nice, thanks! If this includes everything the NIS America website version includes I can cancel that version and just order this one with the 20% off.

Actually it looks like they moved a lot of their stock to Amazon as its now at 0-5% available at NISA's webstore.
That's what I'm planning on doing too.

PSN Flash sale is up (on my phone so can't directly post the link) or atleast I don't know how to haha!

I see Atelier Escha & Logy for $19.99 (50% off) I don't have Ayesha yet so I dont know if I should jump or wait and hope for a trilogy later.

What are people's general thoughts on this in the thread?

How do you cancel an order from Nisa? There is no cancel button. Do you have to contact them in order to cancel my preorder?
Yea, call them up or send them an e-mail to cancel it. But since it's the holiday season and because they frequently don't respond that quickly, it may take awhile before it's done.

I see Atelier Escha & Logy for $19.99 (50% off) I don't have Ayesha yet so I dont know if I should jump or wait and hope for a trilogy later.
Seeing how the physical copy will run you a benji, at that price it's a solid deal.

I'd still play Ayesha first, but that's just me. The game is alright, nothing amazing.

With shallie coming out next month, it's a good time to play this and get ready for that one!

PSN Flash sale is up (on my phone so can't directly post the link) or atleast I don't know how to haha!

You can get a physical copy of the regular version (ps3 for those who can't think for themselves) for a bit less. Only reason to get this particular version is that it's the plus version I believe that's on sale and they are "enhanced" ports that include all the dlc from the original release and some new content. I've only played ayesha out of the dusk trilogy so I cannot comment on logy's quality other than it has 2 characters you can play as logy being the male lead while escha is the female lead where as the last 4 games and the 2 after it feature all female leads. From what I understand the dusk trilogy doesn't finish up its story properly with shallie (unless the plus version does which no one has commented on the numerous times I have asked.) so its woefully disappointing build up of the trilogy. Then again there's probably not much to expect coming from an item synthesis simulator with occasional meh turn based combat, visual novel and sliver of life elements.

You can get a physical copy of the regular version for a bit less.
I don't know what you're smoking, but you got to get me some of that. ;D

Just to clarify though, there is no regular version of Escha & Logy on Vita for NA, only the LE that was sold, and has been long sold out from NISA. People who are selling "regular" versions on eBay and what not, just took the game out, and is selling that alone. However, even just buying the game alone that's been gutted from the LE will set you back a pretty penny.

So the only logical conclusion I can make from your statement is that you meant you can get the PS3 version for a bit less? Maybe? I hope so that's what you meant. :x

I don't know what you're smoking, but you got to get me some of that. ;D

Just to clarify though, there is no regular version of Escha & Logy on Vita for NA, only the LE that was sold, and has been long sold out from NISA. People who are selling "regular" versions on eBay and what not, just took the game out, and is selling that alone. However, even just buying the game alone that's been gutted from the LE will set you back a pretty penny.

So the only logical conclusion I can make from your statement is that you meant you can get the PS3 version for a bit less? Maybe? I hope so that's what you meant. :x
you should try reading before quoting and also not selective quoting. the vita version is the plus version I mentioned BOTH in that post. Also stop drinking so early in the day. Just because it 5 o'clock somewhere doesn't mean it is here ;P

output_hjtYyS.gif

Hi everybody, I just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and hope you enjoy your weekend Holiday and get anything you were hoping for. I don't have anything special to give anyone like Draekon did a few days ago but if I did I would love to of given some out as well since you guys are awesome and fun and make this thread my favorite thread to check up on. I'll leave you all instead with Kana Hanazawa singing Merry Christmas in Engrish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coIlSjlFhXg

So are we certain the Amazon version of the Touhou Genso Wanderer LE is the exact same as the NISA version?
They've always been the same version of the sets from NISA.

It's typically the Ultimate Editions, or the better editions that NISA offers that's not offered on Amazon.

The only other difference typically is that the NISA one will likely come with something extra, like a keychain, or something else to entice you to buy it from them instead.

Since NISA is only offering one version of the LE, it's safe to say it'll be the exact same version.

Going to get this out a day early because tonight is going to be hell and tomorrow will be recovery. Honestly thought there would be one or two more games on the PC, but this is probably the lowest release week since I started this. Almost thought this would be a release-less week until I did some digging on Wanderer. Part of it I think is because Valve actively discourages releases during their big sales on top of the Christmas -> New Years timing.

Other stuff that released without warning last week that are all on PC/Steam:
- WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.03 (Visual Novel)
- ayakashigami (Visual Novel | Japanese Only)
- Kamio Recoil (Action)
- Pretty Girls Panic! (Puzzle)
- 画境(Picturesque) VR (Puzzle | VR)

Weekly Releases (December 25th - December 31st)

Wanderer: The Rebirth
- Platform(s): PC, PCVR
- Genre: Action RPG
- Demo: N/A
- Online: N/A
- Comments: Chinese dev.

Past Releases
December 18th - December 24th
December 11th - December 17th
December 4th - December 10th
November 27th - December 3rd
November 20th - November 26th

Oh and Merry Christmas to all or whatever other alternative holiday you celebrate. I expect to be KIA sometime today and revive sometime late tomorrow, not that it really matters. Extended family is way too exhausting.

HZ99ZXQ.jpg

And now posting that image made me sad. Damnit XSeed, make my end of the year holidays by announcing you finally pulled some amazing magic out of your ass to make these two games happen.

[customspoiler='Alternative Image I also took from Endless History']
4a6eIfp.jpg
[/customspoiler]

From what I understand the dusk trilogy doesn't finish up its story properly with shallie (unless the plus version does which no one has commented on the numerous times I have asked.)
I literally gave you a link that tells you every new content that was added to Shallie Plus. Whether it gives a satisfying conclusion to the Dusk trilogy, none of us knows since it's not out yet.

Anyway, besides the usual, E&L plus included some new scenarios to flesh out Escha and Logy's relationship.

Here's some details on that: http://www.ateliergames.eu/escha-logy-plus/add01.php

In my humble opinion, E&L was the weakest of the Dusk trilogy.

Merry Christmas to everyone as well! Hope you all get what you wanted this year, whether it's boobie mousepads, waifu dakis, seiyuus, mint condition CEs, or physical Vita games, whatever tickles your fancy. Lets all forget all the arguments and have everyone get as friendly as BlackRockWaifu and EdJericho.

uRk3aAs.png

Hi everybody, I just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and hope you enjoy your weekend Holiday and get anything you were hoping for. I don't have anything special to give anyone like Draekon did a few days ago but if I did I would love to of given some out as well since you guys are awesome and fun and make this thread my favorite thread to check up on. I'll leave you all instead with Kana Hanazawa singing Merry Christmas in Engrish.
All I want for Christmas is to play more games with EdJericho...

I don't have anything to give you guys either, but you all know I love cosplay, so here's my 5th favorite cosplayer doing a Christmas Elizabeth waifu cosplay (who bears a striking resemblance to a international study I had a crush on before)

elizabeth_new_year_version_by_ver1sa-d70052v.jpg

Merry Christmas to everyone as well! Hope you all get what you wanted this year, whether it's boobie mousepads, waifu dakis, seiyuus, mint condition CEs, or physical Vita games, whatever tickles your fancy. Lets all forget all the arguments and have everyone get as friendly as BlackRockWaifu and EdJericho.
anime-girls-tokisaki-kurumi-date-a-live-christmas-cleavage-traditional-clothing-bblack-hair-red-eyes-720P-wallpaper-middle-size.jpg

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

I don't have anything to give you guys either, but you all know I love cosplay, so here's my 5th favorite cosplayer doing a Christmas Elizabeth waifu cosplay (who bears a striking resemblance to a international study I had a crush on before)

elizabeth_new_year_version_by_ver1sa-d70052v.jpg
Nice! Who's the cosplayer? I see there's a name on the photo, but it's hard to make out.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

Nice! Who's the cosplayer? I see there's a name on the photo, but it's hard to make out.
She looks like the girl who cosplayed Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite, then officially got hired on for promotional photos.
Not sure about that part, she might be but her alias is Ver1sa Cosplay. She also has a sick Evangelion Asuka cosplay, and idk what it is but Asuka cosplays make me go head over heels.

Happy Christmas, yo.  This is the day I check in on my Animal Crossing town and feel vaguely guilty.

Apart from Miku Mirai, what other niche titles have special items on Christmas Day?  Much to my chagrin, Caladrius Blaze didn't.

Not enough green, blue, or purple heads in real life.
Don't get out much? I see people mostly women with every color of the damn rainbow just when I go to a grocery store or work. Older women with purple hair is especially common.

Don't get out much? I see people mostly women with every color of the damn rainbow just when I go to a grocery store or work. Older women with purple hair is especially common.
Hey, I said not enough, not that it doesn't exist.

Also, drop the animosity man.

I understand we got into it that one time previously, but can you just drop it?

Not sure why you're going out of your way to try and take a shot at me when BlackRockWaifu had already declared holiday peace.

Just drop the pettiness, so we can all move on.

Lol, I know! I actually read that article soon after and got really sad. But I guess as far as analogies go, it's spot on. It won't be too long before the thread descends into chaos and name calling again. I don't want to be the eaten dog though... :whistle2:( And we all know who the angry polar bear is...

bread's done
Back