Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
They just ninja changed the FE:H banner when I was at a 4.50% pity rate.  Bunny banner said it was running until 4/14 on the info.  I'm fucking pissed. 

in before delete.  You are too fast Draekon!

I didn't remember that we could have multiple banners at once.  It's nuts that there are three banners going right now.

What a time to be alive. When persona becomes a mainstream success.
I remember reading a Gamepro/EGM article about Persona 3 and thinking "what a crazy game. You have to shoot yourself in the head to fight enemies. That sounds different." Then my wife said she was interested in it so I picked it up, and now we love the series. It's awesome, but somewhat scary to see it becoming a more popular game series. I just hope it doesn't go the way of Final Fantasy.

"I don't get it.  So I'm like this high school student that commits suicide by shooting herself in the head, and then some monsters start attacking each other while all the clocks have stopped.  This doesn't make any sense."

I started with Persona 2 PSX English myself...got it randomly with some b-day money way back when. I liked it quite a bit and it was challenging, but Persona 3 is what really got me going. Still my favorite of the series, though P4 was fun and P2 had a good story as well (didn't play the translated other half until many, many years later). 

Looks like Fire Emblem Echoes got leaked somehow, all of the plot and CGs/portraits/music and stuff got dumped.

Not looking at anything else, but I'll be damned if those character portraits aren't beautiful. Also they outdid themselves with the soundtrack

Seems like everyone and their mother will be playing Persona 5 including myself. B-day present to myself.
This thread is gonna become a ghost town real soon. Not even Supplice will be posting news articles.

MdVuD.gif

I remember playing P1 on the PSX.  I'm pretty sure I never finished it cause it was actually pretty hard I think.  Missed P2 but yeah P3 is the one that got me really into the series like most ppl.  I still remember ppl trying to explain the whole shoot yourself in the head premise.

Never played a Persona game before. Can you change which character you control while not in battle? One of the things holding me back from buying it is the design of whom I'm assuming is the main playable character. 

Speaking of Persona 5, does anyone know if the Take Your Heart edition will be available in stores tomorrow? I pre-ordered it at Best Buy not knowing that I would be moving before it came out. I already called corporate and that pickup location, and I can't have my copy transferred over to a closer branch. 

My only two good options that I know of are to call corporate again and allow one of my friends to pick it up and have them ship it to me, or to just leave it there and get my refund. The second choice is really rough because I used a certificate and a few E-gift card codes that I deleted from my email, so I don't even know where my credit would be at that point.

WTF AMAZON!

Ordered TYH Edition in June 7th 2016,

Has been stuck in "Shipping Today" all day today, it is now 1:11 am and it still has not shipped. You have 12+ hours to ship and deliver it amazon.....

I've had this on order for almost a damn year, i swear if this doesn't arrive i am officially done with amazon for any preorders. 

Time to Go talk to some outsourced Indian CSR (No offense) to get some BS answer. 

// End Rant. 

Edit- 

Complained to CSR about consistently getting packages late and they extended my prime by a month.

Don't see how that will help when the service itself is the issue, but it looks like ill be getting extensions on prime indefinitely because this will always happen. 

Well, after getting severely fuck ed by Dell for nearly a month, my copy of Nier will finally be arriving tomorrow.

Now the only question is whether their FedEx delivery will get here before USPS with Persona.

"Arriving today by 8pm" 

"Shipping Today" (Since Yesterday)

Literally woke up for the day and no movement has occurred on my TYH edition on amazon. 

Complained again to CSR and they again offered me a free month of prime and i declined it.

With 3rd party scamming, lack of delivery guarantee on prime orders and NEEDING to have prime for most "deals" that pop up on amazon. there is no reason to order from amazon anymore, im good. 

Hm? Huh? So the japanese dub is dlc. Okay. But I only see the dlc available for PS4. Don't tell me the PS3 version won't have japanese dub...

EDIT: Nvm, the ps3 dlc is showing now.

"Arriving today by 8pm"
"Shipping Today" (Since Yesterday)

Literally woke up for the day and no movement has occurred on my TYH edition on amazon.

Complained again to CSR and they again offered me a free month of prime and i declined it.
With 3rd party scamming, lack of delivery guarantee on prime orders and NEEDING to have prime for most "deals" that pop up on amazon. there is no reason to order from amazon anymore, im good.
First of all, you need to relax. You said yourself that it's showing arrival today by 8PM, so unless it doesn't show up today, then you have a reason to complain.

Secondly, your constant complaints are only going to get you blacklisted from Amazon over something as silly as being impatient. I know you don't care now, but you'll regret it when games aren't the only thing you need to buy from them.

Speaking of Persona 5, does anyone know if the Take Your Heart edition will be available in stores tomorrow? I pre-ordered it at Best Buy not knowing that I would be moving before it came out. I already called corporate and that pickup location, and I can't have my copy transferred over to a closer branch.

My only two good options that I know of are to call corporate again and allow one of my friends to pick it up and have them ship it to me, or to just leave it there and get my refund. The second choice is really rough because I used a certificate and a few E-gift card codes that I deleted from my email, so I don't even know where my credit would be at that point.
My local Best Buy got in at least 4 copies, 3 were store pickups but there was one out on the shelf. This is also at a very low volume store too so larger stores may have gotten larger quantities.

First of all, you need to relax. You said yourself that it's showing arrival today by 8PM, so unless it doesn't show up today, then you have a reason to complain.

Secondly, your constant complaints are only going to get you blacklisted from Amazon over something as silly as being impatient. I know you don't care now, but you'll regret it when games aren't the only thing you need to buy from them.
Unless Amazon has some sort of instant delivery that transports from warehouse to my local ups drivers lap, my game isn't arriving.(i still don't have a Tracking # at all).

And you're right i apologize to others in this thread about my complaining, im just warning others on here to limit your ordering from amazon when it comes to your must have items, i know alot of us on here care about having these things day one/ mint condition.

Also i could careless about being blacklisted from amazon, they're nothing but a money grubbing conglomerate at this point. i'll be buying things that i can only find on there (books mainly) otherwise im done with feeding the beast and if need be, i'll use family accounts for my orders.

Edit -

For some context, i actually know why persona hasn't shipped. Its because i also have a Switch Pro controller on order that has not shipped and is supposed to arrive today as well. (made in a separate order last week)

However, i have not been charged for the controller like i have been for Persona already.

Im fully aware that they are withholding sending Persona because the pro controller hasn't arrived at their warehouse and they plan on shipping both together.

They're forgoing my guaranteed delivery on my first item (which i pay $100 membership for) so they can cheap out and send both items together, even though the second item is now delaying my first item from arriving.

Can anyone speak with experience to how pre-orders from Play-Asia work exactly? Like where does it come from and do they update tracking?

I went in for 2 Parappa's, but the order still says 'Preparing'?

I was hoping for release day delivery, but at least I'll have P5 (Like everyone else  :D/ lulz )

I was able to cancel my pre-order for Hyper Light Drifter with Play-Asia just fine after the US release was announced. It's not as fast or efficient as Amazon as I had to contact a CS rep, and they offered me an exchange which I declined in favor of a refund. It took a couple days of back and forth (due to the difference in time zones) but the cancellation was relatively painless.

Anyone know if anyone besides play asia is doing pre orders for Summer Lesson for playstation vr? (And shipping to the U.S. of course).

What's the point of pre-ordering, Best Buy?
65Fjo2f.jpg
Ouch, my sympathies. But yeah if it's a pre-order well ahead of the release date this shouldn't happen, there's no excuse for it. Someone probably screwed up and sold the copy they were suppose to hold for you or the scummier latter took it for themselves.

Ouch, my sympathies. But yeah if it's a pre-order well ahead of the release date this shouldn't happen, there's no excuse for it. Someone probably screwed up and sold the copy they were suppose to hold for you or the scummier latter took it for themselves.
The order was placed in December.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Amazon, you have sent me sandpapers order stuffed in a box full of air bags but you couldn't bother with my P5 order.......  I thought it was my car wiper blades order for a second there.

veMQqxe.jpg

bread's done
Back