Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my copy of the P5 CE arrived with a large cut on the front of the box and a ripped right corner at where it opens up. 

I'm okay with minor to moderate shipping wear, but this CE  was probably dropped or kicked around a few times in the warehouse, and should have been sold as a dinger on Amazon Warehouse. 

I want a replacement but it's sold out, so if Amazon doesn't give me some money back for the damages, I'm done ordering LEs from them and won't be renewing my prime membership next year.

Yay, Navarre 4* GET.  The F2P playground for the whales is going to die pretty quickly if they stop handing out orbs though.  1 orb/day isn't going to cut it when people are used to getting way more than that. 

To those who have started Persona 5 on PS4 have you noticed cutscenes freezing/stuttering? I've had nearly every cutscene have some issue in the first few days of the game.

I feel like the weird outlier here only going for the steel book version. I would have gotten the LE myself, but circumstances don't permit it.

I feel like the weird outlier here only going for the steel book version. I would have gotten the LE myself, but circumstances don't permit it.
I only have the steelbook. I've been on this forum long enough to have amassed an entire garage of useless CE crap that I'll never use or look at once I open it.

Well the TYH edition only costed roughly $45 if you bought it with Visa and traded the other game bought with it for +$10 ;)

I opted for the Steelbook too, partially out of remembrance for how awesome Atlus USA used to be about handing out extras at no extra cost, and partially because I have no real interest in anything being offered in the TYH edition.

EDIT:
I also can't be assed to bother with all these different payment channel hoops.

I opted for the Steelbook too, partially out of remembrance for how awesome Atlus USA used to be about handing out extras at no extra cost, and partially because I have no real interest in anything being offered in the TYH edition.

EDIT:
I also can't be assed to bother with all these different payment channel hoops.
lol pressing Visa Checkout is easier than regular Checkout.

You feel like the outlier? What does that make me, as someone who got the PS3 version?

You feel like the outlier? What does that make me, as someone who got the PS3 version?
f5441e181320964917f7023a314a74d84718f5580c746eb22611298336626883.jpg

Forgot to pre-order but I was able to get the last steelbook from Gamestop. Unfortunately, I had to get the "new-but-not-really-because-we-took-out-the-disc" display version because it was the last one available. Guess I gotta suck it up.

To those who have started Persona 5 on PS4 have you noticed cutscenes freezing/stuttering? I've had nearly every cutscene have some issue in the first few days of the game.
What type of ps4 do you have?
I'm just going to add that I'm a few hours in and I haven't had any issue with a standard PS4. I did buy a second digital copy to keep my LE sealed which is the one I'm playing. Not that it should matter much.

I played about an hour before I had to go to work. No performance issues, I can't seem to find a setting to make the mini map rotate along with the direction you're facing. I hate trying to read static mini maps.

Had to pick up my Persona 5 CE after 20 minutes of walking in the rain but it was all worth it. There were like half a dozen people waiting on the pick up line. I was surprised at how popular and hype the game was to have soccer moms and 50 year old men in trucker hats waiting on line. Turns out Rogue One was released on Bluray/DVD today and they were waiting for that... I was the only person who picked up Persona in the store...

The contents are really nice, although I haven't opened each one yet, especially not the artbook. The biggest surprise is how big the box is, and the outside art is really nice. Only complaint is how flimsy the inside part of the box is, and the glue is already starting to come off. Box has outer ridges too, so it is easy to be damaged. Mine was either bent in the store or my myself when picking it up, but I don't really care. As long as it comes complete and in decent condition, I'm satisfied. Open your CEs guys! It's a really nice one, they put a lot of effort into it and it should be enjoyed!

Him and Jeff are finally back! I've missed them so much! Welcome home Hardyz!

I played about an hour before I had to go to work. No performance issues, I can't seem to find a setting to make the mini map rotate along with the direction you're facing. I hate trying to read static mini maps.
Just use the little cursor to navigate yourself. With the glitter trail following you, it's easy to navigate. Think of it as Google Maps or something.

Never thought there would be a need for a mini map in Persona, but now I get lost without it.

I just got back from Best Buy with my TYHE. It is so pretty. It was funny, a lot of people were talking about Persona at best buy. None of the employees knew what the game was, just that tons of people kept coming in to buy it. Tried to explain it to them, but I think I did horrible. I can't wait to start it later tonight!

What are your guy's MC names?

Mine is Kanye East
I haven't popped it in yet, but I always do Midori Rin when I play persona.

The contents are really nice, although I haven't opened each one yet, especially not the artbook. The biggest surprise is how big the box is, and the outside art is really nice. Only complaint is how flimsy the inside part of the box is, and the glue is already starting to come off. Box has outer ridges too, so it is easy to be damaged. Mine was either bent in the store or my myself when picking it up, but I don't really care. As long as it comes complete and in decent condition, I'm satisfied. Open your CEs guys! It's a really nice one, they put a lot of effort into it and it should be enjoyed!
Where's the unboxing video? I was expecting an unboxing video.

Had to pick up my Persona 5 CE after 20 minutes of walking in the rain but it was all worth it. There were like half a dozen people waiting on the pick up line. I was surprised at how popular and hype the game was to have soccer moms and 50 year old men in trucker hats waiting on line. Turns out Rogue One was released on Bluray/DVD today and they were waiting for that... I was the only person who picked up Persona in the store...

Him and Jeff are finally back! I've missed them so much! Welcome home Hardyz!

Just use the little cursor to navigate yourself. With the glitter trail following you, it's easy to navigate. Think of it as Google Maps or something.

Never thought there would be a need for a mini map in Persona, but now I get lost without it.
Ofc we're gonna open them. How else are we going to play the game?!

But you have to have Visa Checkout first. I don't even want more than two credit cards, why would I want the hassle of more online payment services?
More than 2 cards builds credit. ;)
Guess I'll use the bag for a laptop work type thing -.- instead of storing it forever

But you have to have Visa Checkout first. I don't even want more than two credit cards, why would I want the hassle of more online payment services?
I find multiple credit cards very important. One for travel so you get extra points on hotels and plane tickets, such as Sapphire Preferred/Reserved. The Costco CITI card because Costco. Then AMEX for the occasional kick-ass promo offers that they give out. A discover for the same reason as the AMEX. A chase freedom card for the rotating categories. If you have kids, then you pretty much need a Khol's store card. A TJMax card to hunt for goods there. A capital one card since they are doing exclusive ticketing options now. A grocery card which there are plenty of options for. A CITI 2% cashback for when the stuff you are buying do not fall into any bonus cashback categories.

What type of ps4 do you have?
I have the standard old style. I think I'm going to try reinstalling the PS4 firmware update along with the game to see if that fixes anything. I just was curious if others were seeing the issue too before spending time doing that. Thanks to those of you who gave responses.

Persona 5 came in from BB, no padding but the box is so big it actually fit exactly the other box it was packed in.

d01viga.jpg

Also for reference you need a Splitter to stream it. Tried to just use the capture device and it wouldn't work.

But the Splitter solved that. Going to be streaming this tonight. 

Lol, ya my was the only TYH edition waiting to be picked up. I also picked up Rogue One since they still had the BB exclusive steelbook in stock.

I have the standard old style. I think I'm going to try reinstalling the PS4 firmware update along with the game to see if that fixes anything. I just was curious if others were seeing the issue too before spending time doing that. Thanks to those of you who gave responses.
you tried rebuilding the database?

Hey guys, what's your opinions on the take your heart edition? I decided I wanted to keep mine to open, I think the pack in items are really neat and I'm really not into collector editions.

I'm a fan of anime but I haven't watched anything new since full metal alchemist, that show blew my mind when I was younger, I find it harder to get sucked into shows nowadays but I love anime regardless, anything is better than 3D which is why I've collected anime movies over the past couple years.

I was happy to remember to check best buy before I went to bed last night to secure my copy of TYH

I use the setting in google maps where it rotates with the direction I'm driving :p
It's not a deal breaker or anything, but it's definitely gonna bother me.

I have an extra Persona 5 on pre order with amazon and waiting til Friday when I get paid.

My friend from work wanted one but cancelled because it couldnt afford it.

If anyone needs open that didn't get one I can redirect it to your place

bread's done
Back