Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats not a chupacabra?
giphy.gif
Oh dammit, I got this reference. I've been watching too much anime.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Two dancing games man Atlus is on a spin-off roll now. Well I'm sure they'll be fun games even if the plot is stupid and Atlus makes it canon anyway. Don't know why they changed Minato's headphones though, his old ones were real cool (I'm sure they had a sponsorship deal with a headphone company like they had for P4D), and man those Splatoon shoes sure are somethin'...

Some of the remixes should be pretty cool though, both for P3 and P5. More good remixes and less of these hopefully: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZquL9kprk-g

Two dancing games man Atlus is on a spin-off roll now. Well I'm sure they'll be fun games even if the plot is stupid and Atlus makes it canon anyway. Don't know why they changed Minato's headphones though, his old ones were real cool (I'm sure they had a sponsorship deal with a headphone company like they had for P4D), and man those Splatoon shoes sure are somethin'...
I kind of want to punch 3MC for wearing those shoes.

Preorders for .hack//G.U. Last Recode PREMIUM EDITION (Japan) are up.

AmiAmi - (Bonus) PS4 Theme - 9,600 JPY

PlayAsia - $99.99

No idea if we're getting a LE/CE for the US though. I don't mind double dipping since it's .hack.

Some of the remixes should be pretty cool though, both for P3 and P5. More good remixes and less of these hopefully: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZquL9kprk-g
P4D was one of my more anticipated titles when it was announced. It was really sad that a music game had so many terrible tracks. I still play it every now and then and just stick to the normal tracks.

P4D was one of my more anticipated titles when it was announced. It was really sad that a music game had so many terrible tracks. I still play it every now and then and just stick to the normal tracks.
Just blame Dingo. :lol:

Probably gunna be better. Hopefully

I liked the music in P4 a lot, but can't think of a single track I liked in P4D.

P3 has my favorite music in the series, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I would prefer they use the original tracks, or give the option of playing OG or remix.

I guess I'm the opposite of everyone here. I can't find a song in P4D that I didn't like.

I have a playlist of all the music from the game and occasionally listen to it.

With that said, I'm really looking forward to the other dancing games.

I know White Day has been talked about in this thread, but according to one of the people who worked on it, it's only available on Amazon in the states. Pretty safe to say not many will be printed.
I was worried this was the case and was waiting for BB for GCU. :wall: Any possibility of a source for the exclusivity info?

Does the CE not come with a physical copy of the game?

Edit: Just saw. That really sucks. Looks like I'm cancelling my preorder.
Yeah, this was everyone's problem with the CE, as I've seen some over the years that don't include the game, to save on cost, but this was a "dropped ball" for sure. WTF?! was SEGA thinking?

EDIT: Considering this is the best looking Sonic game in ages, and the fact that the CE set actually has some cool items, the physical game seemed a no brainer. But I guess a brain must first be a part of the equation for that to happen. LOL

I got the P4DAN CE and blast that music in my car on a daily basis. I always try hard to 1-up those black guys blasting hip-hop with my "Heartbreak, Heartbreak".

I got the P4DAN CE and blast that music in my car on a daily basis. I always try hard to 1-up those black guys blasting hip-hop with my "Heartbreak, Heartbreak".
Its always funny when i pull up to someone going hard to rap or trap music, and im just bopping out to some weird edm or anime/game soundtrack

I will be beyond happy if the new Atelier still comes to the Vita.

I really enjoy the series but just need time to play them, having them on the Vita really helps. Just finished Escha/Logy.
I don't know why I keep buying them when I never play them xd besides ayesha anyway

I don't know why I keep buying them when I never play them xd besides ayesha anyway
Same. Last I played was Totori. I always get them when they get to the $20ish range. I'm not quite as fond of these games as I was the PS2 ones for some reason. Course I haven't played any in a while either.

I would be happy if they keep the open world aspect of Firis. The world design was really good.

I wonder if they'll mention the mobile game too.

The intro was the best track in P4DAN imo. As for the remixes, I found some I liked and some that would have been better left alone.

Nice, Trails in the Sky trilogy on PC will be getting Turbo Mode added much like how Cold Steel on the PC has it.

Direct Twitter Link

https://twitter.com/SaraJLeen/status/893629396350849025

Also, uh, for the Trails players here. XSeed may have just confirmed they're working on the Crossbell duology which would complete the series thus far in English. See here. As for what it's referencing, check here. You will want to skip ahead a little into the video for when the suit gets put on (It's short, so I didn't bother timestamping the link). Really trying hard not to get my hopes up after seeing that.

EDIT: It's likely a Zwei II reference though since that one doesn't have hair sticking out and the sign says Super Service Day the same way as the 'tease'. Just have to pray it's a double entendre since they showed it during the Trails stream. Probably not though. Won't get my hopes up though.

http://danganronpa.us/vote-reverse-cover/

Go vote for DRv3 reverse cover art! I voted for #3, #1 also looks cool though. I totally forgot this game is coming out soon, late September iirc!

Oh yeah and since Sega owns Atlus and they're making two rhythm games at once hopefully Sega sends help from the Project Diva team (besides, they're not up to much that we know of) because the P4DAN tracks sometimes had charts that felt off compared to the song that was playing

Nice, Trails in the Sky trilogy on PC will be getting Turbo Mode added much like how Cold Steel on the PC has it.

Direct Twitter Link

https://twitter.com/SaraJLeen/status/893629396350849025

Also, uh, for the Trails players here. XSeed may have just confirmed they're working on the Crossbell duology which would complete the series thus far in English. See here. As for what it's referencing, check here. You will want to skip ahead a little into the video for when the suit gets put on (It's short, so I didn't bother timestamping the link). Really trying hard not to get my hopes up after seeing that.
If they indeed release the crossbell duality, I will be an extremely happy gamer. If not, then I'll continue to wait on the fan releases.

Ys VII Page is live on Steam. Damnit, why are so many games coming out in relatively short succession. I don't have enough leftover Steam credit for this.

If they indeed release the crossbell duality, I will be an extremely happy gamer. If not, then I'll continue to wait on the fan releases.
The problem with the 'tease' is that it's also referencing Zwei II. The same penguin is in there, so it's probably referring to that. Damn you Falcom and your cross-series usage of characters/designs. Well, no use getting to hopeful I suppose, especially since Tom said this. I can buy Tom being dumb, but I find it hard to believe others like Hatsuu let that slide as teasing that specifically is a dick move knowing it's also in Azure. Just need to find out what Hatsuu's "Super Secret Project" is since she's the lead translator for the Trails series.

Finally got around to trying the vr mode for dead or alive xtreme 3. Ps vr will probably get a little more use now heh heh. Also wish I had taken the time to grind out some more stuff, because I don't have much unlocked.

Finally got around to trying the vr mode for dead or alive xtreme 3. Ps vr will probably get a little more use now heh heh. Also wish I had taken the time to grind out some more stuff, because I don't have much unlocked.
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 is probably my most played game because I have my cronusmax grind owner money for me. I'm running it right now. Let me check some things....

900 hours. 543 vacation clears with just Hitomi. I use Hitomi because she is the only character who will dump you as a partner if you quit volleyball games.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 is probably my most played game because I have my cronusmax grind owner money for me. I'm running it right now. Let me check some things....

900 hours. 543 vacation clears with just Hitomi. I use Hitomi because she is the only character who will dump you as a partner if you quit volleyball games.
I've been thinking about picking one of those up. I think they sell those on GameStop online and I have some flipping credit left. Is it easy to set up so it will grind for you?

I've been thinking about picking one of those up. I think they sell those on GameStop online and I have some flipping credit left. Is it easy to set up so it will grind for you?
I have one and I use it for getting my PS3 fight stick to work on the PS4 on games without legacy support, and I've even been able to use it to get my keyboard and mouse to work on Overwatch. But there's stuff like auto-scripts to play songs in Rockband or grind levels in Black Ops 3 Zombies, and I just have no idea how to get the scripts to work. Just using the mouse and keyboard on Overwatch needs me to plug a Dualshock into my laptop, then plug my laptop into the Cronus Max plus, then plug that into the PS4, and keeping it all active.

It's pretty easy. The software you use with the device connects to a library of user made scripts for things like grinding, button remapping, and rapidfire for many games. Some players added scripts that play through a full vacation that just quits volleyball games or the rock climbing game.

Once you get all the girls to 100 excitement you can earn around 1 million owner money from a volleyball quitting run. I think the scripts can be edited a bit to automate the purchase of the limited-time swimsuits and continuously run through vacations, but I just buy what I want manually and restart the script. A vacation run takes around 20 minutes.

Getting all the girls to 100 excitement could take a while. It's best to run through vacations when there is an excitement bonus. Ayane's birthtday just passed, so maybe there will be a 7x bonus for her running.

I hear she turned 18.

One thing to note about the DOAX3 scripts in the library is for some reason they might not work properly if your tv/monitor isn't displaying the game.

Anyone know if Raiden V will be available anywhere but Amazon? I don't like using amazon, so I'd prefer to get it elsewhere.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S using Tapatalk

grind levels in Black Ops 3 Zombies
Wait you play Zombies? I've a big fan, even made a custom zombies map a few years ago

Also a question I've wondered for awhile: what Atelier game should I try if I want to get into the series? I like crafting/cooking in Rune Factory/Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon so I figure I'll like it in Atelier too. I saw you guys say they'll probably announce a new one in a few days

It's pretty easy. The software you use with the device connects to a library of user made scripts for things like grinding, button remapping, and rapidfire for many games. Some players added scripts that play through a full vacation that just quits volleyball games or the rock climbing game.

Once you get all the girls to 100 excitement you can earn around 1 million owner money from a volleyball quitting run. I think the scripts can be edited a bit to automate the purchase of the limited-time swimsuits and continuously run through vacations, but I just buy what I want manually and restart the script. A vacation run takes around 20 minutes.

Getting all the girls to 100 excitement could take a while. It's best to run through vacations when there is an excitement bonus. Ayane's birthtday just passed, so maybe there will be a 7x bonus for her running.

I hear she turned 18.

One thing to note about the DOAX3 scripts in the library is for some reason they might not work properly if your tv/monitor isn't displaying the game.
Oh ok. About the software you mentioned that you use with Cronus max, does that come on a disc or is it like a website that you go to? Also does the script you use need the game to be displayed? Sorry for all the questions... I'm just imagining how nice it would be to throw on Netflix while a gadget does all this grunt work for me.

Just noticed when I was setting up pre-orders on Amazon.com that Valkyria Revolution PS4 is down to $19.28. May go lower...but yeah pretty cheap for a pretty new game.

Link

bread's done
Back