Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Many girls, even straight ones, would often prefer to look at beautiful women instead of half-naked men. It's just cute and funny, not some big sexual deal. They also get to play as girl characters afterall too, which has been a separate controversy in gaming. The reason this producer has seen lots of female fans is because they are already attracted to his series. I don't think changing the formula to dudes would sell -any- additional units to women than the current formula.

Also, this recent topic... stinks.

7h8iIyK.gif
Wow. That was awful.

Now that I think about it. I didn't notice any deodorant at Lawson or the other convenience stores. Also, was kinda bummed there was no cute Lawson girl like the mascot.

What would be the best platform to post my pics? I don't have an Instagram or anything?

Wow. That was awful.

Now that I think about it. I didn't notice any deodorant at Lawson or the other convenience stores. Also, was kinda bummed there was no cute Lawson girl like the mascot.

What would be the best platform to post my pics? I don't have an Instagram or anything?
I'd say make an imgur album and link to it. You shouldn't need an account or anything.

Just got White Day in today's mail. Needed a new horror game for October.
Got it yesterday and played it a bunch last night. Dated visuals aside its a surprisingly good game.

I'm playing on Hard, which apparently has more scares and ghosts, and its been quite scary so far. Fans of PS2 era horror games will love it.

Man, all the Cold Steel III talk around the internet is killing me. Zero/Ao was bad enough, but seeing so many people talk about it at the places I get Trails discussion from is more brutal than I thought. At least the fan translated script editing on Zero is at 60% as of a week ago or so. I'll probably give in and play Ao after that gets done with the shit translation and fill in the blanks with other media. Hopefully by then I'll have forgotten about Cold Steel III. Who am I kidding though, it'll just make the wait harder.

tenor.gif

Too bad they still cheaped out on including more voice overs in Cold Steel III...

Man, all the Cold Steel III talk around the internet is killing me. Zero/Ao was bad enough, but seeing so many people talk about it at the places I get Trails discussion from is more brutal than I thought. At least the fan translated script editing on Zero is at 60% as of a week ago or so. I'll probably give in and play Ao after that gets done with the shit translation and fill in the blanks with other media. Hopefully by then I'll have forgotten about Cold Steel III. Who am I kidding though, it'll just make the wait harder.

tenor.gif

Too bad they still cheaped out on including more voice overs in Cold Steel III...
Yeah when I'm watching the stream I'm surprised how few lines were voiced.

And if that "spoiled ending" is real... fuck .

Saw it and:

giphy.gif

[attachment=28160:giphy (7).gif]

Like...effin' Game of Thrones here! Next time you Falcom dudes should call it: [Thrones] No Kiseki. Sorry I don't know Japanese. Except for "arigato." If you incapacitated me and transported me to Japan all I'll know how to say is, "Hi! Arigato."

Um...please don't do that to me.

Whenever someone finishes this game Kondo-san be like:

DK1jhdzU8AAk0Tu.jpg

Yeah, no, I don't want to know anything about the game than what I already know prior to playing it. My knowledge on it is basic gameplay improvements and what not. I avoid anything spoilery and haven't been spoiled yet outside of one thing from Zero/Ao. I also don't believe the game will throw as many curves at you like I've heard Zero & Ao do.

It's also the 60% series complete mile marker. If its the last Erebonia game, then we're on to Calvard. With eight games into the series, that means we're probably looking at four more games. That means we'll likely get two on Calvard and then two to finish up in the big finale with the huge meta story that has taken place across the series.

It was posted in another thread but Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada PS4 and Akiba's Beat Vita are $19.99 new on Amazon.

Also note these are matching Gamestop prices so if you have credit there, or don't want new sealed copies, get them there.

Yeah, no, I don't want to know anything about the game than what I already know prior to playing it. My knowledge on it is basic gameplay improvements and what not. I avoid anything spoilery and haven't been spoiled yet outside of one thing from Zero/Ao. I also don't believe the game will throw as many curves at you like I've heard Zero & Ao do.

It's also the 60% series complete mile marker. If its the last Erebonia game, then we're on to Calvard. With eight games into the series, that means we're probably looking at four more games. That means we'll likely get two on Calvard and then two to finish up in the big finale with the huge meta story that has taken place across the series.
Without saying too much about the story there is a LOT of cutscene. In fact a good chunk of the game is just cutscene (well, that's no different from most of the Kiseki games). The battles look more refined and have more going on. Plus the graphics and animations are so much better. And I love how the battles don't send you to a "room" where they take place but in the field/dungeon you're in. A Falcom game never looked and handled better. Though some of the running animations are stiff.

So...hopefully I didn't spoil anything at least from those impressions.

So...hopefully I didn't spoil anything at least from those impressions.
I never read your spoiler inside your first spoiler. Everything else on what you just said I also already know, including that the game runs at 60FPS. Plus you can talk to everybody without having to worry about bonding points, thank god. It wouldn't be Falcom though if they didn't try and put in a twist or skimp on something during development.

I just hope Zwei gets a release date soon.

The shooting in Senran Kagura is pretty damn good, in fact it's better than their melee/musou combat.

You might think I'm trolling, but there's a lot they did for PBS that games like Call of Duty and even Overwatch can learn from.

• You can switch between firemodes in the middle of combat, something CoD should have.
  • Shotguns have close range and far range options that you can switch on the go, CoD doesn't have that.
  • Your quick movement and ammo share the same meter, so you can't just run and spray carelessly like in CoD.
  • Game automatically replaces players that leave in the middle of the game with bots, something I don't see any other shooter do.
  • You can level and upgrade your weapons/characters/skills over time, something that Overwatch should do for variety.
So my biggest question is how does the story fit in?
There's a ton of single player content, maybe even more than the previous games. Like the other ones, there's main story and I think the individual side stories. But there's also an added tournament/league mode you play with the CPUs. Story has missions involving all the teams, so there's a hefty amount of content there.

The singleplayer content also gives you booster packs for new skills, and money to buy more stuff, and then upgrade your guns/characters with. So playing the story will make you stronger for the multiplayer. So it's a nice blend of the two. In fact, I think playing MP alone doesn't give you much, if anything to upgrade your chars with, so you probably need to play the story in the end.

I doubt there are only 4 more games left.  More than likely it will be 5-6.  3 for the next game and then 2 to finish it off.

Anyone buy Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception from amazon recently? I'm wondering what the chance of getting the launch edition is.

The shooting in Senran Kagura is pretty damn good, in fact it's better than their melee/musou combat.
I definitely need to pick this up. I was planning to pre-order it, but I already spent too much on Destiny 2, White Day, and Gundam Versus. Hopefully, if there's a price drop within the next few months, I'll place an order.

There were hardly any games I had any interest in this year, but now it's like a landslide of ones that I have to get.

I'm curious why you all have play-asia coupons expiring around the same time. Was there an asia english release that came out recently?
Those October coupons are from awhile back, so not sure what came out then that they had those.

My coupons were just from recent pre-orders that were fulfilled in recent weeks, so they're the new batches of coupon codes.

Those October coupons are from awhile back, so not sure what came out then that they had those.

My coupons were just from recent pre-orders that were fulfilled in recent weeks, so they're the new batches of coupon codes.
I would guess it's from PA's limited release games.

:cry:

Nooooooo!!!! His contributions to Zestiria were the best pieces of the whole score! Legendia's score was great too (make what you will of the games themselves which I found middling but enjoyable).

https://youtu.be/ZUPPJJAEAmk

https://youtu.be/GExvNR9H6uk

And his works on Ace Combat date back all the way from 1999 from Ace Combat 3.

https://youtu.be/fzjPnoSNprE

That's supposed to be Rena's theme essentially. Don't know who that is? No surprise; Bamco still has yet to give us the REAL Ace Combat 3 with multiple story arcs and anime FMVs. Funny how I was at a Half Price Books back in early 2016 and had a chance encounter with an imported copy of the game. Now I just need to patch it up and set up my Xbox One controller. Google can help you better than I can if you want that. :D

And I'm still blown away at how beautiful his Cross Rumble (Assault Horizon Legacy) pieces are:

https://youtu.be/2plyCeGkCIs

If he's gone freelance...I wonder if Falcom Sound Team could lure him over...hmmm...

Oh, here's a weird fact: I have never heard a God Eater soundtrack before. Guess I better go fix that.

Capcom hasn't forgetting about Mega Man, they're just busy re-releasing old games and splitting the legacy collection into two separate retail discs. 

​I took advantage of the GameStop buy-two-get-one free deal over my lunch break. What did I pick up? Danganronpa 1&2 Reload, as well as the Mega Man Legacy Collection. (first volume) Both for PS4. The third bonus game I snagged for free was the PacMan chapionship collection volume 2, also for the PS4.

I would have been interested in snagging some Vita games, but the selection was very poor.

Has anyone who has preordered Blue Reflection from Amazon gotten their bonus code yet? I haven't so I emailed them and they gave me a 16 digit code. I have no idea where to redeem it so I'm waiting to hear back from Amazon again.

bread's done
Back