Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't like shark girl's design, doesn't fit with the other girls & more importantly isn't cute.
She should of been more humanoid like squid girl.
Later when the game adds more characters i hope it comes to ps4.
Honestly seems way cuter than any of the other Arcana Heart character designs.

Halloween Overwatch Event starts October 10th, next Tuesday. Seems like it will be another PvE type event like last Halloween. I expect it will be another 3 week event that will end on December 1st.

Direct Twitter Link

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/915275560380637186

Since the last event they've added Team Deathmatch & Free-for-All arcade playlists. There's also a new payload map, Junkertown. Plus the huge Mercy changes have gone live along with lesser changes to various other characters too.

This is the best gamestop sale I've seen in awhile just because the selection of games is so good. I'm grabbing a few ps3 and n64 games that I've always wanted.

To anyone that got the Culdcept Revolt LE:  Are the 7 foil cards all supposed to have different art?  I got one duplicate (so only 6 unique cards).

For those that bought Senran Kagura Estival Versus and wanted to collect the full set of cards, Xseed store restocked all the sets. Picked up the last 3 I needed.

Denpasoft AWA 2017 announcements:

Link

NEKO-NIN EXHEART +PLUS DLC Vol 1 and 2 focusing on sub characters

Girls in Glasses - Development done and now features full voice acting

Koi ni, Kanmi o Soete

Love Duction! ~Ginga no Ren'ai Guide Book~

Heart of the Woods

Denpasoft x Fakku - Denpasoft teaming up with Fakku for new game distribution platform

Impressions:

Girls in Glasses looks cute enough. I do like the revamped art for sure.

Koi ni, Kanmi o Soete is my type of game where a guy wants to renovate a cafe and finds love I'm sure. Looks cute.

Love Duction! sounds hilarious, silly and likely is fun. It's about a guy who is traumatized by love and the happenings thereafter.

Heart of the Woods looks pretty nice and has a writer from Highway Blossoms. I will check it out.

All these games are likely plays for me with Koi Ni  and Love Duction being the must buys.

Sekai Project AWA 2017 announcements:

Saku Saku: Love Blooms with the Cherry Blossoms now available on Steam and Denpasoft(NSFW). Steam is $15.99 while on Denpasoft it's $31.99. I know what I'm buying.

Heart of the Woods

The Waters Above

Subete no Koi ni, Hanabata o. aka Bouquet of My Beloveds

Koi ni, Kanmi o Soete

Impressions:

SakuSaku looks pretty good. I'm buying it so i'll give my impressions of the Denpasoft version in a few days.

The Waters Above looks pretty cute. It's not about romance, so that's something.

Bouquet looks pretty good actually. I like the synopsis about a girl coming back to the countryside and meets some nymphs and finds out about love. 

Likely just getting Bouquet from this set as a few of these were repeats of the Denpasoft announcements.

To anyone that got the Culdcept Revolt LE: Are the 7 foil cards all supposed to have different art? I got one duplicate (so only 6 unique cards).
I just checked & had 7 different cards. No pin like was shown in the unboxing video shared earlier, but I don't see that listed, so maybe that's in the EU version or a bonus from the NISA shop (got mine from BB)?

Rather just have Sekai Project finish the stuff they promised first.
tumblr_nafgk9JcLA1qdlh1io1_500.gif

grisaia-is-a-good-anime-you-guys.gif

They finish stuff...it's on the PC though.
Uh....I'm still waiting for my Meikyuu and Rakuen physical edition.

I won't be surprise if I get the complete edition from Frontwing before Seikai ever get around to delivering on there physical edition...

For those that bought Senran Kagura Estival Versus and wanted to collect the full set of cards, Xseed store restocked all the sets. Picked up the last 3 I needed.
Thanks. Doubt they actually had many since the only one I wanted is sold out. It will allow you to add to cart, but won't allow you to complete the purchase.

I feel Yoshi's pain.

Eat me, you plumbing piece of shit.
OMG, that GIF is great(never saw it before).

Yoshi had to take one for the team, he may not like it, but since that wasn't a mainline Yoshi title, that means he's Mario's tool, to use as he sees fit. LOL

I just checked & had 7 different cards. No pin like was shown in the unboxing video shared earlier, but I don't see that listed, so maybe that's in the EU version or a bonus from the NISA shop (got mine from BB)?
I got doubles of the buxom blonde treasure hunter. A friend of mine already offered to trade me the card I was missing for my extra lol.

No pin here either. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a NIS website exclusive. Also got mine from BB.

Saku Saku very early impressions:

First of all I had a very negative impression when starting the visual novel. The translation was very engrishy and didn't flow at all. I kept playing through cause I love VNs and I spent $32 on it haha. Surprisingly after about maybe an hour the translation got a lot better. It was jarring to say the least. Now after about 4 hours,I believe, the translation flows pretty well.

The story is really slow and has a guy who doesn't want to love and they put a love bounty on his head. The story revolves around his school life and the people around him. It's getting better, and the guy isn't super annoying, but he has his circumstances. I think the characters are all unique and such.

This VN has very, very good graphics. The art style is excellent and there is a lot of flow in the VN due to its engine. The music and voice acting are also top notch.

I will keep playing till I get an ending and give more impressions then, but so far the premise is unique enough, the characters all have mysterious parts about them, and the setup is different. It's silly but nice. Sekai Project needs to put out a patch to clean up the early translation though.

I got doubles of the buxom blonde treasure hunter. A friend of mine already offered to trade me the card I was missing for my extra lol.

No pin here either. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a NIS website exclusive. Also got mine from BB.
If they had mentioned the pin as an exclusive I would have kept my order from them instead of buying on amazon. I saw an ebay listing say it was only given out at anime expo though.

Glad you managed to finish the set =)

Ahem *cough*

anyhow, I don't mind at all that they've gone back on their word and put out another SF5 game. I assumed this would happened all along. As a super casual SF player, I've been waiting for a complete edition this whole time. But if they just continue to release additional DLC characters over time, which they will, then it's more of the same. This release just proves it likely that there will be yet another complete edition down the line.

You'd think it would have to be a free update for existing SF5 owners otherwise there might be a good amount of PR backlash. Then again, you couldn't allow anyone who goes and buys the old standard version right now to upgrade for free. So I wonder how this will work...maybe not a free upgrade? Maybe only a free upgrade to accounts that have all the DLC characters unlocked? This is their flagship franchise. Does Capcom really have the fortitude to forgo a million sales from their faithful fanbase? I honestly don't think so. This is going to be a fun one to watch!
Capcom has already officially announced Street Fighter V Arcade Edition:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2017/10/05/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-coming-january-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVC-o8QdokQ

"Prepare yourselves, Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is coming out on January 16, 2018! If you’ve been spectating from the sidelines or are waiting for a reason to join the fight, now is the time! In addition to the highly-requested Arcade Mode, Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition contains a bounty of new features you’ll want to check out. Let’s get to it!

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will feature all 28 characters, including those from Season 1 and 2 – with one more from Season 2 still to be announced. For those yearning for more options, each character will receive a second V-Trigger, which will significantly change their playstyle. You may need to relearn your main or perhaps try another character, which speaks to you in a different way due to their alternate abilities. Stay tuned for more information on each character’s second V-Trigger!

As it’s our 30th anniversary year, we wanted to celebrate by making sure Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition contained a plethora of new content. True to its name, Arcade Mode is coming to Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition and will be an experience ripe with nostalgia. Furthermore, we’re adding in Extra Battle Mode, a Gallery, and completely redesigning the UI to amplify the epic quality of this new version. We have much more to share on each of these modes and more content to reveal in the future!

From the beginning, we promised that you’ll only need to purchase the original Street Fighter V, which we’re sticking to. All the new gameplay-related content – Arcade Mode, Extra Battle Mode, a second V-Trigger, the Gallery, and more – will be available as part of a free in-game update for current players! Those who don’t currently have Street Fighter V can purchase Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition for $39.99, and it will include everything we mentioned above.

Thank you for supporting Street Fighter V! As mentioned earlier, Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will be available on PS4 at retail or as a digital download on both PS4 and PC on January 16, 2018."

e5da20b8b212b1944151e1f98066a51b.png

e345a089ed14f73ce7d67fa4eca584f3.png

8bdb45f5e8bb125f29d091e0b6403915.png

7lboKTZ.png

QWZ4qU1.jpg

mNprNIa.jpg

1CeLNW8.jpg

etUZXVa.jpg

Tj5r9Wr.jpg

g2Yaata.jpg

The game looks really cool. I'll probably buy it.  This is what the first version should have looked like. 

and it appears that no, you can't just go out and buy the cheap original SF5 disc today.  Judging by that wording you'd get all of the new modes, but none of the old season 1 & 2 DLC characters. 

and it appears that no, you can't just go out and buy the cheap original SF5 disc today. Judging by that wording you'd get all of the new modes, but none of the season 1 & 2 DLC characters.
You don't get the S1 and S2 DLC characters automatically if you own or buy the vanilla version of SFV, that's true. But they're still earnable for free through Fight Money. It just takes time and effort to earn that.

If you don't already own the game, though, you may as well wait for the Arcade Edition version so as to save yourself time in getting the DLC characters. I do hope there's some kind of compensation for people who bought the Season Passes and/or the people who spent Fight Money to get the DLC characters, though.

you can get the new characters. Just have to earn them. 

Arcade just gives it to you. Along with some Premium Costumes

Was hoping for an announcement of the Anniversary Game that got leaked (provided that it was real. :lol:)

SakuSaku impressions after 1 route finished:

It took longer than expected to get my first ending. I'm guessing it took me about 9-10 hours. The translation didn't dip too much along the rest of the way. I think I noticed one part that was awkward, but most of it was very readable. The story was not super typical, but a little cliche as well. It was a decent story nonetheless and was a good enough read. It ended somewhat abruptly, but the story was finished for the most part. It just didn't do the usual here's the ending a few years into the future. I'm guessing i'll fully complete this game in about 25 hours at most. So far i'm recommending it, but these are very quirky characters. I already started another route, and it's quirky as well. This game had a lot more magical stuff than expected.

With competition from:

Injustice 2 , Tekken 7, Guilty Gear Rev 2, Blazeblue Cross Tag, DBZF 

Who honestly is going back to SFV 2 years after release. 

This is 2 years too late when SFV was the only major fighter available on PS4 and the community was fresh of new comers and veterans. 

Especially with this releasing a month before the release for DBZF, i see the community/hype drying up quick once again. 

The Added fact that Capcom decided to release 3 characters on the same day, less than a month after release for MVCI (*Cough* cut content) and are charging $8 for each or $30 for the Season Pass (Awe thanks so much for saving me money for content i should already have). 

No thanks capcom.

Didn't think they could get worse after last gen with content on disc (SF x TK) , Releasing UMVC3 less than a year after MVC3's release and having 4 iterations of SFIV fragmenting the player base.  

All my capcom purchases going forward will be used and way after release (Monster Hunter World the only exception). 

I'll be waiting for the capcom bankruptcy/buyout news in 5-10 years. 

so sfv arcade comes with all dlc characters up till now.
will it have all dlc costumes too?
will more dlc characters appear that aren't included in arcade ver in the future?

bread's done
Back