Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it weird I'm kind of interested in this despite how badly they bungled the whole Kojima situation?
I'm kind of interested in it myself. Phantom Pain lowered the bar substantially for the franchise, so Survive doesn't feel like such a huge leap into the gutter. I'd give it a try. Plus, the controls/gameplay in MGSV were one of the few standouts--so at least the Fox Engine is still being used for this.

Don't even know what Survive is about, but it cant be worse than MGS4

2B plush is nice, but I'm watiing for these:

Seiki1506026458.jpeg

Anyone have an opinion on The Silver Case's translation? $12 is in my strike zone for an early Suda game, but I've been hesitating since seeing NISA's name attached.

Oh, while I'm asking questions that probably won't get answers, I don't suppose anybody's heard for certain one way or another whether Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory comes with the original like it does in Japan?

Anyone have an opinion on The Silver Case's translation? $12 is in my strike zone for an early Suda game, but I've been hesitating since seeing NISA's name attached.

Oh, while I'm asking questions that probably won't get answers, I don't suppose anybody's heard for certain one way or another whether Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory comes with the original like it does in Japan?
NISA didn't localized The Silver Case. They only handle the PS4 release.

I sort of wished Konami would do a Battle Royale Game with the fox engine and use Metal Gears Animations and obviously have to create an actual weapon system etc
That game would be an instant buy for me.

At the very least, I wish they'd just license the engine to other developers. It has tons of untapped potential that will likely just go to waste in konami's mobile game focused hands.

As someone who never got around to playing the original, I'm really excited for this. Especially at the pricepoint.
I really need to finish this game, as I've started it twice now(Wii & PS3). Only to stop, forget where I was, and what I was doing, and then have to start over again. I might just have to grab a guide, and try to continue where I left my PS3 save at. As if I have to start over from the start again, I'll probably never finish it. Finding what to do next in game, was probably my biggest issue, and why I stopped playing both times. So a guide would probably keep me interested, as it would keep me on point.

Looks interesting, but I still want a dedicated Switch version of Animal Crossing.
I doubt we'll see one. I've loved AC since the Gamecube, but the smartphone model is the perfect place for Nintendo to nickel and dime every last aspect out of this kind of game.

I managed to nab a Phantom Edition Of Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet. I was searching all today, but I nabbed one when Cheapy threw out that tweet. Limited to 1000 per system. I like the statues, so I was in.

Edit: Damn my post was garbage. I'm so ashamed!!

Just found out from NISA that Tokyo Tattoo Girls will not be PSTV compatible... Of course it took them over 2 months to respond to my email.

I'm still waiting for a proper 2B statue, booty and all.
I think these are replicas and aren't the ones in the CE, but I've found listings on Amazon for 2B statues that look just like the one in the CE. I recently opened mine from the CE seeing that these were made, and while it's small, it's pretty decent quality and the booty is all there. I don't think a full scale 2B figure is coming anytime soon, so this might be your best bet for now.

Just found out from NISA that Tokyo Tattoo Girls will not be PSTV compatible... Of course it took them over 2 months to respond to my email.
Damn that sucks. I mainly play vita games on my PSTV :( I have a whitelisted PSTV stored away but meh. Based on what I've read on the game, it doesn't sound like it wouldn't work on the PSTV.

I think these are replicas and aren't the ones in the CE, but I've found listings on Amazon for 2B statues that look just like the one in the CE. I recently opened mine from the CE seeing that these were made, and while it's small, it's pretty decent quality and the booty is all there. I don't think a full scale 2B figure is coming anytime soon, so this might be your best bet for now.
Yeah I know, I have the CE. I just want a proper, decently sized statue/figure of 2B. Was thinking of ordering the ones I've been seeing pop up on eBay lately.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

- Needs more booty.

Side note: 

Anyone waiting on best buy to ship any games releasing tomorrow? (Mario Odyssey, Assassin Creed, Wolfenstein).

My copy of Mario Odyssey + Amiibos still haven't ship.

I dont think Best buy can handle having 80% of all gamers ordering new releases from them to guarantee release day delivery anymore.  :fridge:

damn, nice statue. Can't fall into that rabbit hole though as I collect a bunch of TFs and 1/12 already.

Also wifey probly would be like ??! if I started getting all the awesome bishoujo stuff lol

I received a 5% Off Code from Play-Asia via email today. It looks like it's a global code for anybody interested:

NICE2SEEU

Expires 12PM HKT on October 30th.

My Mario Odyssey shipped yesterday and is already at the local logistics center ready for delivery tomorrow. I went through Amazon though and they have started shipping to me via their own shipping service on most things over USPS/UPS/FedEx. I wonder if that will decrease any package damage issues that I rarely have, but everybody else seems to have all the time.

- Needs more booty.

Side note:
Anyone waiting on best buy to ship any games releasing tomorrow? (Mario Odyssey, Assassin Creed, Wolfenstein).
Yep, still waiting for them to ship Mario Odyssey and amiibos, and AssCreed. I don't think they're going to arrive Friday.

858.gif

I received a 5% Off Code from Play-Asia via email today. It looks like it's a global code for anybody interested:

NICE2SEEU

Expires 12PM HKT on October 30th.

My Mario Odyssey shipped yesterday and is already at the local logistics center ready for delivery tomorrow. I went through Amazon though and they have started shipping to me via their own shipping service on most things over USPS/UPS/FedEx. I wonder if that will decrease any package damage issues that I rarely have, but everybody else seems to have all the time.
Yeah, I got that to, and surprise, surprise, it expires the day before my next planned purchase there. Damn you PA! LOL

My Mario Odyssey hasn't shipped yet. There is a distribution center fairly close so if they ship it tonight, it should be here tomorrow. It happened like that with the CE of Persona 5. If not, I'll buy it tomorrow at my local best buy and return the one I get late.

I never heard of these guys. Are they basically knockoffs?
Was just researching and basically you are paying $70-$80 for an accessory kit (head, weapon and clothes) while the figure body you have to buy separately.

The eBay ones are probably knockoffs, but BBTS is selling it as well.

Side note:

Yeah same here, my order is still preparing.

I have a feeling that it won't be here tomorrow and instead arrive 5 days later like my Fire Emblem Warriors did.... (It just arrived yesterday)

A re people liking Fire Emblem Warriors?

I just unlocked Robin and Cordelia and loving them
I love the game so far, started playing yesterday.

And I'm surprised the game looks so good for being on the Switch and the fact that it also has a 60 fps mode.

I'll also be getting the Season Pass so I can get that bonus Bride Lucina outfit :)

GOG (a DRM-free PC distribution site) has Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1-3 at 85% off if you get the lot ($4.49 apiece, $13.47 total). If you already own one or more, you can still get the discount on whatever you're missing. This does not include Steam codes, for those who prefer Steam.

Even though I've never really been interested in the Nep games, I'm sort of tempted at that price, but I think I'll still pass since my toaster laptop can't run them.

EDIT:
I guess a link would be helpful.

Best Buy seems to have a problem with release date delivery for games that release on a Friday.
It doesn't seem isolated to Friday in recent months. I have several games that released on a Tuesday over the past few weeks that have been a day or too late and one that "shipped" on Tuesday that hasn't even been handed off to UPS yet. If they are having trouble now, I can only imagine how bad the holidays are going to be.

It doesn't seem isolated to Friday in recent months. I have several games that released on a Tuesday over the past few weeks that have been a day or too late and one that "shipped" on Tuesday that hasn't even been handed off to UPS yet. If they are having trouble now, I can only imagine how bad the holidays are going to be.
Guess it depends. All the games I've ordered that release on a Tuesday usually show up on Monday.

My Mario coin and game just shipped, but not AssCreed. I would've thought the Ubisoft game to have higher stocks to shop early.
You can play flippies with that coin, endless hours of content and no DLC!

bread's done
Back