Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
They need to have a trophy showcase on your PSN Profile page, like they do for Starcraft 2. Just 5 trophies you can put up for everyone to see, what the craziest trophies you got are.

They need to have a trophy showcase on your PSN Profile page, like they do for Starcraft 2. Just 5 trophies you can put up for everyone to see, what the craziest trophies you got are.
TrueTrophies has that, but the site has a lot of issues with downtime and a pretty sparse userbase.

PSNProfiles (the site PSNProfiles, not your actual PSN Profile) does as well and it's a good deal more stable/active than TT.

I'm kind of surprised PSN hasn't picked up any of the cool stuff the sites have. If they're trying to push PSN as a social service (which it seems like they are with communities and such), it'd make sense.

I want to show off all my sub 3% platinums to make my e-peen feel bigger. I still can't believe Star Wars Battlefront and Metal Gear Rising's plats are rarer than games like Enter the Gungeon and FFXIV.

TrueTrophies has that, but the site has a lot of issues with downtime and a pretty sparse userbase.

PSNProfiles (the site PSNProfiles, not your actual PSN Profile) does as well and it's a good deal more stable/active than TT.

I'm kind of surprised PSN hasn't picked up any of the cool stuff the sites have. If they're trying to push PSN as a social service (which it seems like they are with communities and such), it'd make sense.
I know about PSNProfiles (trophy site), but I think they show your top 5 rarest trophies, and also an accolades section for your 1st, 500th, 1000th, 2000th trophy, and your 1st, 5th, 10th, 20th platinum. I like it like that since it makes me make every 5th platinum I get a special game to remember it by.

Haven't heard of TrueTrophies though. But I want a showcase like SC2, where you could put any trophy up, regardless of rarity. Something like that bronze trophy for "Tattooing a dick on that guy's face" in GTA V.

I want to show off all my sub 3% platinums to make my e-peen feel bigger. I still can't believe Star Wars Battlefront and Metal Gear Rising's plats are rarer than games like Enter the Gungeon and FFXIV.
The way PSN calculates it is how many people achieved it over the people that got the game. So games that have a more popular and casual fanbase would have more rare platinums. While indies/niche games have super high platinum percents. I remember seeing a 10% platinum rate on Project Diva F, which is crazy since it was a difficult platinum imo. Compared to like Call of Duty Advanced Warfare which is ridiculously easy, but is 0.3% rarity.

On PSNProfiles (imo the more accurate measurement of trophy rarity) my rarest are a couple of Dead Star trophies which I can't even platinum anymore since the servers shut down. Then Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Mortal Kombat X, and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 trophies, since I guess everyone else sucks at fighting games. And a Just Dance trophy that you need 4 people to get... since I guess everyone else plays alone...

I know about PSNProfiles (trophy site), but I think they show your top 5 rarest trophies, and also an accolades section for your 1st, 500th, 1000th, 2000th trophy, and your 1st, 5th, 10th, 20th platinum. I like it like that since it makes me make every 5th platinum I get a special game to remember it by.

Haven't heard of TrueTrophies though. But I want a showcase like SC2, where you could put any trophy up, regardless of rarity. Something like that bronze trophy for "Tattooing a dick on that guy's face" in GTA V.
You can do that on either site. I have the Pro membership (or whatever it's called) on PSNProfiles, so it might be locked behind that. But if you go to any individual trophy you've won (i.e. https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/6447-hellblade-senuas-sacrifice/2-the-fight-begins) there's a button to "Add to Cabinet". The cabinet is in the top right corner of your profile by default.

It's definitely free to do on TrueTrophies and it's the exact same thing. In addition to individual trophies, you can also add completions on TrueTrophies, which is what I did on my profile. The site itself is conceptually pretty cool (especially if you love statistics like I do), but the barren community kind of kills it. It's the sister site of TrueAchievements and it got introduced pretty late into the trophy scene, so it has always had a disadvantage to PS3Trophies, PSNProfiles, etc.

Blue Reflection just got lowered to $29.99 ($23.99 GCU) at Best Buy.  I'm still a little hesitant since its been at $29.99 at Amazon and Gamestop for a while and is likely due for another price drop to $19.99 at some point soon.

Blue Reflection just got lowered to $29.99 ($23.99 GCU) at Best Buy. I'm still a little hesitant since its been at $29.99 at Amazon and Gamestop for a while and is likely due for another price drop to $19.99 at some point soon.
Already been $20 on Gamefly, no reason not to wait for another price drop

[media]https://twitter.com/mikuexpo/status/950913513437904896[/media]

When you're playing Persona 5 and you forgot to feed Plant-kun
9MR3lpM.gif

I think I've said this before but I'm still pissed off this game doesn't have PSVR functionality, which was the main reason for it's hype in the first place. But those costumes do look nice though.

Dark Souls Remastered Rumored To Be Announced Today For PS4, Xbox One, Switch, And PC
just confirmed to release may 25th with other announcements like

The world ends with you final remix on switch 2018 release

Ys VIII summer 2018 release

kirby star alies march 16

Hyrule warriors ultimate spring 2018

more battle pokemon for pokken wave 1 january wave 2 march

mario tennis Aces spring 2018

SNK Heroines Tag team Frenzy summer 2018

luigi in mario odyssey february

Donkey Kong for mario rabbids in spring

dragon quest builders demo out now

ACA NeoGeo art of fighting 2 on Eshop today

Celeste on the eshop january 25

donkey kong country tropical freeze may 4th

dark souls remastered may 25th

Some pretty cool announcements though. I'm not going to rebuy Ys VIII, and as much as I'd love an LE for SNK Heroines... Tank top, towels, and hats aren't really the kinds of things I'd want inflating the price up to $120

The Ultimate Edition of Hyrule Warriors I like since I haven't played the original yet. I'm hoping to see Xenoblade Chronicles X and Tokyo Mirage Sessions ports eventually.

Some pretty cool announcements though. I'm not going to rebuy Ys VIII, and as much as I'd love an LE for SNK Heroines... Tank top, towels, and hats aren't really the kinds of things I'd want inflating the price up to $120

The Ultimate Edition of Hyrule Warriors I like since I haven't played the original yet. I'm hoping to see Xenoblade Chronicles X and Tokyo Mirage Sessions ports eventually.
I agree with this! I have Xenoblade Chronicles X, but haven't touched it since I created my character... And I would also jump on Tokyo Mirage Sessions since I haven't yet taken that out of the packaging. I haven't gotten Ys VIII yet though, so I will probably buy that too!

dark souls ps4 trilogy box set in japan, hope this comes to the states, although that is seriously pricey 
item_image.png

There's also a YS VIII LE for Switch at NISA

[A bit of deja vu]
GG NISA...I already have all that stuff except for that cool sword letter opener. :whistle2:( Well I guess they had to recuperate the money they spent on redoing the translation.

It was also pretty funny how it came true after all. I can remember when people were like, "Okay Switch port confirmed" because whenever you'd select Adol to be the party leader he'd yell, "SWITCH!"

Okay Xseed, your move: let's see the Kiseki games on Switch. Will buy them anyway even though I've already been there and done that. And you can start with the Sora arc - AH! Now how about this, why not start the Switch debut with a bang by releasing Trails to Zero on Switch?

I got really excited for a minute, then I clicked and link and it turns out to be a mobile game. And then my hopes and dreams were crushed.
Always assume a new game announcement that doesn't mention platforms is for mobile and you'll never be disappointed again.

Not sure what to make of that direct but I feel like I'll finally give Dark Souls a shot.  :whistle2:​ 

gH1SlhrlDBQEANJI3baXUZZGvDptAwGk.png

*Dies of hype*

Was literally downloading the whole OST yesterday too, there's like 5 albums because the music is so good they remixed it that many times haha, hard to believe Square did this. Guess if it sells well on the switch there *is* hope for a sequel

Not sure what to make of that direct but I feel like I'll finally give Dark Souls a shot. :whistle2:
Make sure you know the difficulty issues before hand, as it's not for the faint of heart. LOL

I owned the original years ago, and ended up selling it, as I knew I wasn't up to the task based on friends reviews. The difficulty is part of the draw, and for those who don't mind it, it's apparently a very good game.

bread's done
Back