Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Netflix and Amazon Video don't count, they apparently decided not to send me one. Unless the emails are staggered batches. There was probably a minimum requirement of 500+ hours or something.
I got one and only have 290 hours gaming. I’ve spent more than double that getting deals. I also have a backlog that could kill a full grown moose.

Married life takes a toll on gaming sometimes. I plan on tripling that number this year.

1. 609 Hours in Overwatch

2. 578 Hours in FFXIV

3. 151 Hours in Toukiden 2

Total of 1585 hours and 280 trophies. Says my first trophy of the year was Sombra's "Hack the Planet" lol

Says my top category is RPGs. Damn straight it is

Beat Persona 5 today after a long hiatus.

Time to platinum with New Game Plus. Forgot one Treasure demon, so i gotta play up to the Cruiser palace. Lol.

Now the wait for Persona 6 and the 5 spin offs begins.

I don't know about an Email from Sony, but I did get one from Youtube
telling me that my channel will be demonetized and I might as well stop making videos..  :whistle2:

I got one and only have 290 hours gaming. I’ve spent more than double that getting deals. I also have a backlog that could kill a full grown moose.
Sony just hates me then as I definitely have more than 250 hours. Unless I've opted out of their emails at some point or another because I don't recall getting many from them, if any, really.

WOW, I had 26 hours total, over 11 games and 19 of those hours happened in February last year.

I actually turned on my PS3 last night because my son asked about Sly Cooper, and that was probably the first time in 12 months it was turned on. LOL And like always, I had a ton of updates and crap before I could even download a demo.

I didn't touch my PS4 for the second half of 2017 outside of Destiny 2 for about six weeks.  465 hours

Destiny 2 - 164 hours

Nioh - 147 hours

Persona 5 - 111 hours

2005 hours over 42 games

1) Final Fantasy 14 - 809 hours

2) Battlefield 1 - 134 hours

3) Overwatch - 123 hours
Wow, nice! That's the most I've seen outta anyone!

Since Netflix and Amazon Video don't count, they apparently decided not to send me one. Unless the emails are staggered batches. There was probably a minimum requirement of 500+ hours or something.
No, I've seen people have as low as 40. You might want to check your spam mail or something. If you never get emails from them, not even the weekly updates, then maybe try updating the email address, or sending them a support email. If you use this link (https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2017/wrap-up/) and you get an error, there should be a link to click to get them to send emails to you again. Keep in mind these emails also comes in waves, I've seen people get theirs' a week back, and I only got mine yesterday.

1 DANGANRONPA V3 KILLING HARMONY 338 hours

2 CHAOSCHILD 178 hours  

3 SUPER ROBOT WARS V 108 hours

Pretty sure none of them are correct

1. Overwatch - 772 hours
2. Persona 5 - 364 hours
3. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 - 325 hours

Waifu city. 2147 hours overall, but DOAX3 was all AFK with a cronusmax. Well, maybe one hour went towards it's PSVR feature.

So far this year I've only played one match in Overwatch. It's safe to say I'm finally moving on from it.

I too was once addicted to Overwatch. I think it happens with all multiplayer games...they just get old after a while.

I played 992 hours over 158 games, earning 494 trophies.  My top three were Plants vs. Zombies : Garden Warfare 2 (202 hours), Overwatch (124 hours), and Injustice 2 (76 hours).

Just curious but did anyone else get that email from Sony detailing how much time they've spent playing games over the course of the year? I wanna see how I stack up to others, and who played the most niche games here.
After looking at mine. I'll just say, I played a lot. :whistle2:

No, I've seen people have as low as 40. You might want to check your spam mail or something. If you never get emails from them, not even the weekly updates, then maybe try updating the email address, or sending them a support email. If you use this link (https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2017/wrap-up/) and you get an error, there should be a link to click to get them to send emails to you again. Keep in mind these emails also comes in waves, I've seen people get theirs' a week back, and I only got mine yesterday.
Yeah, the link doesn't work. Says I have to sign up for their emails, which I'm not going to do. Pretty dumb to be honest, but eh.

Fist of the North Star PS4 Exclusive Hokuto Ga Gotoku’s New Screenshots Show Minigames and More

Dynasty Warriors 9 Gets New Batch of Gameplay Trailers Along with Exploration Details

Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation Introduces Its Sweet Potato-Loving New Girl Luna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPBm2LaPbtU

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel I: Kai Japanese first-print bonus sleeve jacket revealed

TLo_H-_TCSI-_Kai-_Sleeve_01-18-18.jpg

Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka HD Edition rated for PS4, PS Vita in Germany

-

Nippon Ichi Software Announces “The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince”

Nippon Ichi Announces Project Nightmare, A Live Action Horror Game

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness Is Getting An HD Remake For Its 15th Anniversary

1880 hrs this past year
95 games

overwatch 280
gtv 132
yakuza kiwami 103

1145 trophies

action adventure genre this year.

my hours & trophy numbers are down from 2016.

my most viewed tv channel was YES

I thought the stats in my email were pretty high, but they're still nothing when compared to some of you  :shock:

946 hours over the course of 104 different games.

Earned 585 trophies.

Top Played Games:

Persona 5 - 112 hours

Yakuza 0 - 62 hours

DanganRonpa V3 - 48 hours

I clearly have no life lol

Right there with ya. I have the two MH 3DS XLs, so I think I actually 'have' to get this, too, right? Haha
I gave in and ordered it this morning. At least it was all with trade credit. I hope you have stronger willpower than I! lol

I'm curious, so would all of your play times be similar across several devices, or is PS4/Vita the bulk for most of you?

Hell, I had 26 hours, and compared to some, that's maybe a few days of play time. Last year I spent most of my game time on the 3DS actually(and Wii U), so if I could get times from there, I may come close to some here. But if most of you have those hours across 2-3 devices, holy shit, does anyone here sleep? LOL

I gave in ordered it this morning. At least it was all with trade credit. I hope you have stronger willpower than I! lol
I have no willpower and do not understand the meaning of the word haha. Plus side is my current pro should be worth $300 to $350, so it's not 'too' much of a financial impact.

I am loving this /played discussion. This is the best topic we've had in months. It's fun to see what everyone has been playing.
I wish I could participate, but no, Sony just loves to not send me any emails. :cry:

At least I was able to make this the trophy to hit PSN Level 50:

JaeaMjt.png

I wish that I could get in on it, too. My PS4 only gets used for exclusives, though, otherwise it's PC for all multi plats. I wish there was some easy way to track all of the consoles, hand helds, and PC (Steam/Uplay) time easily, but there just doesn't seem to be.

So I'm not sure if anyone here is actually living in Japan but apparently there is a limited time Yakuza shop open at the Shinjuku Marui Annex until January 31st. No idea what they're selling... But if anyone is local and goes please let me know what they're selling. I'd love to know what to keep my eyes open for or see if I can manage to convince a friend to go down and pick up something for me. Seems like a really cool little shop.

E. http://ryu-ga-gotoku.com/news/detail/1210.html

I wish I could participate, but no, Sony just loves to not send me any emails. :cry:

At least I was able to make this the trophy to hit PSN Level 50.
I am sure that you would put all of us to shame!

My email didn't appear in my usual Sony mailbox, it popped up in my regular inbox titled 'Check out your 2017 Year in Review with Playstation' from sender 'Playstation'. It's not from the usual sender, and you may want to check your junk filter.

I am sure that you would put all of us to shame!

My email didn't appear in my usual Sony mailbox, it popped up in my regular inbox titled 'Check out your 2017 Year in Review with Playstation' from sender 'Playstation'. It's not from the usual sender, and you may want to check your junk filter.
Thanks, but it doesn't matter--I never get anything from Playstation/Sony, junk/spam or not.

Not a word yet. I'm still hoping for this year but wouldn't be all that surprised if we don't get it until 2019. DQ localization can be pretty slow.
Especially consider SE's other high profile releases this year (KH3), I don't know what that's going to do for DQ. I personally think they might be adding some features to the US release like they did with 8 - voice acting and orchestrated music and that's what might be taking so long. this is a likely possibility.

anyone know if SE has any events in the upcoming months of Q1 and Q2 where they may be prone to release such info?

661 hours with 42 games played, earned 474 trophies.

1. Persona 5 - 114 hours

2. Nioh - 60 hours

3. Tales of Berseria - 55 hours

I don't even remember putting that many hours into Berseria, still haven't finished it either lol. Probably would've spent more time playing but so many games came out last year across all the consoles and PC.  Been playing a bunch of FF12 and finished Yakuza Kiwami recently. Just started Yakuza 0, so we'll see how long it lasts me.

164 hours total for me.

Bloodborne was number 1, Berserk and the Band of the Hawk was 2, and Puyo Puyo Tetris was number 3. Last year was a very busy year and I did not get much gaming in, plus so much of what I did play was handhelds. I think I've already put in 30-40 hours this year but it's predominantly been on my Switch.

Especially consider SE's other high profile releases this year (KH3), I don't know what that's going to do for DQ. I personally think they might be adding some features to the US release like they did with 8 - voice acting and orchestrated music and that's what might be taking so long. this is a likely possibility.

anyone know if SE has any events in the upcoming months of Q1 and Q2 where they may be prone to release such info?
KH3 isn't releasing this year. If it was they'd have a release date out along with preorders for the collectors and such editions.

661 hours with 42 games played, earned 474 trophies.

1. Persona 5 - 114 hours

2. Nioh - 60 hours

3. Tales of Berseria - 55 hours

I don't even remember putting that many hours into Berseria, still haven't finished it either lol. Probably would've spent more time playing but so many games came out last year across all the consoles and PC and. Been playing a bunch of FF12 and finished Yakuza Kiwami recently. Just started Yakuza 0, so we'll see how long it lasts me.
I'm almost near the end of part 2 for berseria and I'm already at 53 hours :/

I'm hoping to tackle my backlog more this year. Most of the years releases will be skipped by me other than whenever Spider-Man, God of War and RDR 2 are out, along with some Atlus 3DS stuff. Yakuza 6 will be bought, but i'm behind on games and Kiwami and 5 come first. My friends want to play Monster Hunter World, so that will be my multiplayer game of choice for a few months. I will likely not play that much on my own though.

House in Fata Morgana and Yakuza 0 will be my first 2. I am almost done with Yakuza 0....think i have like 3 or so more chapters. After that it's Persona 5.

all of my gaming is done via sony.
ps4 mainly than vita than ps3. i do still turn on the ps2 here n there but that won't count.
i also turn on the snes n genesis once a year to play for a day.
my ds, ps1, gba, gbc, & wii are all dead to me.

I'll probably get a switch thou once a nice bundle or limited edition console pops up that i like so that'll kill my psn hours.

or if i buy another car and start messing with it, that'll also kill my hours.

Same here, only emails I have ever receive from Sony/PSN is my monthly bill for Vue. Though Nier:A was my personal GOTY for 2017, If I had to take a guess it would be 95 hours of regret on Persona 5, followed with a larger number on Berseria because Velvet Crowe is the best Velvet, along with many many hours on Cyber Sleuth farming those Platinumnumemon.

Speaking of Cyber Sleuth, looking forward to Hacker's Memory arriving tomorrow. No idea if the preorder bonus is a day one card or what the case is. Amazon listed exclusive items but I had a bunch of credit with Best Buy and picked it up there. Issue is the BB site does not list any bonuses with the game. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

I'm curious, so would all of your play times be similar across several devices, or is PS4/Vita the bulk for most of you?

Hell, I had 26 hours, and compared to some, that's maybe a few days of play time. Last year I spent most of my game time on the 3DS actually(and Wii U), so if I could get times from there, I may come close to some here. But if most of you have those hours across 2-3 devices, holy shit, does anyone here sleep? LOL
Mostly PS3/PS4 for me last year. 3DS wasn't played much, hell I played my DS more by replaying TWEWY. Switch I probably put in 150-200 hours due to BoTW, Odyssey, and Mario Kart, but Playstation was still the bulk of my time with P5 and Y0.

95 hours of regret on Persona 5
What does that mean lol

I wish I had as much time for gaming as most of you have. 

263 hours over 29 different games

you earned a total of 51 trophies

top most-played games of 2017:

FALLOUT 4 - 135 hours
SKYRIM - 51 hours
SKYRIM VR - 29 hours

I think it's time for me to take a break from Bethesda games and put some serious effort into Breath of the Wild and Nier: Automata.

Mostly PS3/PS4 for me last year. 3DS wasn't played much, hell I played my DS more by replaying TWEWY. Switch I probably put in 150-200 hours due to BoTW, Odyssey, and Mario Kart, but Playstation was still the bulk of my time with P5 and Y0.
Yeah, every year is different for me. Next week I can start playing my Vita, and not touch the 3DS again for 6 months. Even though I didn't finish it, Zelda on the Wii U was probably my most time for the year on any one title.

bread's done
Back