Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fate/Extella Link Will Come To The PlayStation 4 And PlayStation Vita In 2019

unnamed-3.jpg

Mega Man X4’s Staff Talks Behinds-The-Scenes On Differentiating Zero From X

Dead or Alive 6 Is Headed To Arcades

Warriors Orochi 4 Wins A Guinness World Record

Root Letter: Last Answer’s First Trailer Shows Off Its Live-Action Characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4mH6lXetO4

LoveR’s Ichirou Sugiyama and Taro Minoboshi Talk About Dating Sims and Photography Culture in Japan

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs for PS4 Gets Info on Original Waifu Machi and New Screenshots

Genderbent Bowser. The latest pixv/2chan/4chan artist fad I assume. So beware searching if you're not looking for NSFW imagery unless that's what you're wanting.

I like that all of a sudden those shirt of the day sites, such as Shirtpunch, which I buy from, had this character on shirts. Got to get on the craze while it's hot for like a week or two haha.

I like that all of a sudden those shirt of the day sites, such as Shirtpunch, which I buy from, had this character on shirts. Got to get on the craze while it's hot for like a week or two haha.
Don't forget to mash it up with things like Walking Dead and Attack on Titan for maximum shirt sales.

So is the Capcom Beat-em Up Collection only getting a physical edition in Japan/Asia? I would really hate to import it only to find out a US version is being released that I could get with my GCU discount.
Thanks for the heads up. I’m loving these Switch collections. On a similar note, anyone have experience with the Asian Okami HD Switch? Curious if the English option is the US translation. And it isn’t getting a physical US release is it?

Ooh, that's really soon. Well guess they have all the translations done already. Digital doesn't bother me since I was getting it on PC anyway. Looks like Durante has offered to help with the PC port. I wonder about the price since it's being sold separately and in a bundle. In japan it was 4800yen each and 13800 for the bundle. Maybe $40 and $120? I can see people complaining about the price regardless.

The official site is up: http://www.koeitecmoamerica.com/arlanddx/

Funny how much Kishida Mel is the face of Gust now and his profile is included along with the girls.

No mention of PC so I guess that'll have to wait for later. Nice LE for the price just like the first Extella game. The diorama looks like it's gonna be acrylic. And the cards were really nice from the first extella, like transparent plastic tarot cards. I expect them to be of the same quality here.

Greenmangaming has a coupon PAYDAY23 that can be used on most PC games. Disgaea 5 preorder is available for $23 after coupon.

Ooh, that's really soon. Well guess they have all the translations done already. Digital doesn't bother me since I was getting it on PC anyway. Looks like Durante has offered to help with the PC port. I wonder about the price since it's being sold separately and in a bundle. In japan it was 4800yen each and 13800 for the bundle. Maybe $40 and $120? I can see people complaining about the price regardless.

The official site is up: http://www.koeitecmoamerica.com/arlanddx/

Funny how much Kishida Mel is the face of Gust now and his profile is included along with the girls.
I'm going with $99.99 for the whole collection.

They made a new Chinese translation (see the Taiwan PSN) so it's probably a quick subs only job. They'll just hold that information right up until release.

Is the atelier trio port the plus versions? Or the ps3 versions like the previous set release?  Because if it is just a ps4/switch port of the latter then I doubt many will care outside trophy hunters in the ps4's case.

Only way I would be interested is if they included all dlc for starters and had new or improved localizations.  And maybe some new dlc addng in the mysterious trilogy characters in as optional party member dlc.

Bowsette wise a shame since the couple pics of her I have seen were pretty cool and she seemed like an interesting way to mix up the series as a semi new antagonist and or party member if they pulled a smrpglotss.  Hell have them remake the wedding scene where bowsette kisses mario or booster.

A couple notable releases with North Star and Mega Man. I'm actually somewhat interested in Valthirian Arc but like many other unknown games I'm interested in, it will probably end up being subpar.

Other stuff that released without warning last week or I overlooked it (Assume PC unless otherwise noted):
- N/A

Weekly Releases (September 30th - October 6th)

Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
- Platform(s): PS4
- Genre: Brawler / Action-Adventure
- Demo: Yes.
- Online: N/A

Mega Man 11
- Platform(s): PS4, Switch, XB1, PC
- Genre: Action Platformer
- Demo: Yes.

Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story
- Platform(s): PS4, Switch, PC
- Genre: Action RPG / Town Simulation
- Demo: N/A

The Midnight Sanctuary
- Platform(s): PS4, Switch, PC
- Genre: Visual Novel / Adventure / Occult Horror
- Comments: Digital only.

Animated Jigsaws: Japanese Women
- Platform(s): Switch
- Genre: Puzzle / Jigsaw
- Comments: Seems to be one of the few jigsaw games that takes itself at least somewhat seriously.

Hot Gimmick Cosplay-jong
- Genre: Mahjong

Jettomero: Hero of the Universe
- Genre: Action / Casual
- Comments: Previously released on PS4, XB1 & PC.

Kemono Friends Picross
- Genre: Puzzle / Picross
- Comments: Digital only.

Nefarious
- Genre: Action Platformer / Misc / Villian Protagonist
- Comments: Previously released on PS4, XB1 & PC. I think the Switch version was delayed to here?

Revenant Dogma
- Genre: RPG
- Comments: KEMCO Mobile Port.

Super Mario Party
- Genre: Party / Minigames
- Online: Yes.
- Comments: Board game is offline play only, but mini-games can be played online competitively. Dumb.

Master of the Harem Guild
- Platform(s): PC
- Genre: Visual Novel / Smut

J-Girl
- Genre: Idle/Clicker? / Action? / Smut
- Comments: Not sure of its genre.

INSECT HAZARD
- Genre: Action / Smut
- Comments: Yeah, this might contain insect rape. You've been warned.

Past Releases
September 23rd - September 29th
September 16th - September 22nd
September 9th - September 15th
September 2nd - September 8th
August 26th - September 1st

Are many here going to play Dragalia Lost? It releases tonight.
I wasn't going to, but I have a lull in my other mobile games so I fired it up.

Those extra data downloads almost made me scrap it immediately, but it looks cute enough to keep me hanging around for a bit at least. Plus my first 10 pack had a 5 star Ezelith so that seems like a decent start.

I do have to say though, that my initial impression of the game is this: It looks like Furukawa and Reggie got together with Cygames to look at a bunch of mobile games and said "ok, put all those things in and recycle some story we've got lying around in the vault. Oh, but change some colors and words so that it looks original."

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/1046611425215504385

PS4 Pro price drop. Since most of this Japanese stuff is out on PS4 anyways.

Uh, he is the face of the Arland series of Atelier yes, since all the character designs in that series were made by him. No reason not to pimp him out in this case.
He's done Blue Reflection and they had him cover the Atelier Online OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_86mZjS4-6w

I haven't gone back to Dragon Quest in so long because I can't fucking stand how loud my PS4 is. Do the Pros alleviate that at all? 

Is the atelier trio port the plus versions? Or the ps3 versions like the previous set release? Because if it is just a ps4/switch port of the latter then I doubt many will care outside trophy hunters in the ps4's case.

Only way I would be interested is if they included all dlc for starters and had new or improved localizations. And maybe some new dlc addng in the mysterious trilogy characters in as optional party member dlc.
It's the plus versions with all DLC. Other than that it's the same game as the vita version. No additional dlc or story line.

Uh, he is the face of the Arland series of Atelier yes, since all the character designs in that series were made by him. No reason not to pimp him out in this case.
He's hosting all their public events for ateliers, including ones that he isn't directly working on. Just check out the KT event at TGS. He has pretty much full control of the Blue Reflection project which he wants to make more of. He's not just a character designer anymore. He's the official Gust spokesman and pretty much a director now.

I'm not 100% certain the Arland DX games will have the NISA translation. Koei Tecmo took the time to make a new Chinese translation which usually involves translating text into English first. Otherwise the game content is the Plus versions with DLC.

He has pretty much full control of the Blue Reflection project which he wants to make more of. He's not just a character designer anymore. He's the official Gust spokesman and pretty much a director now.
But that was also... a game that he was the main artist for?

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1046731647280959488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1046731647280959488%7Ctwgr%5E363937393b636f6e74726f6c&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231046731647280959488

Cold Steel 1 and 2 coming to PS4, with dual audio

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1046731647280959488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1046731647280959488%7Ctwgr%5E363937393b636f6e74726f6c&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231046731647280959488

Cold Steel 1 and 2 coming to PS4, with dual audio
:whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee:

Good to see those two games get brought over on the PS4. Even better that they're adding in the additional 5k voiced lines that the PC version got, which is awesome. Dual audio is nice as well which is even coming to PC in an update, but I am pretty satisfied with the English voice work honestly. More so since the Japanese voices won't include any extra lines, making the scenes awkward again with Rean randomly not speaking when everybody else does.

Really hoping to hear about Cold Steel III and IV though since IV just launched in Japan last week. I was going to go check XSeed's twitter on the CS 1 & 2 news to read through all the begging, but they haven't posted it there yet and Hatsuu has mostly left twitter to play Cold Steel IV.

On the side of the fan translation, Trails to Zero is at least at 75% edited as of a month ago. Also the lightly edited Trails to Azure script was released, so it's a little more playable than the unedited version. Was really hoping Zero would be closer to 90% by now, but at this point I'm probably going to play Azure's lightly edited translation right after Zero gets done. Though I don't know how to really procure a copy of the PC version legally for Azure since it's China only.

I haven't gone back to Dragon Quest in so long because I can't fucking stand how loud my PS4 is. Do the Pros alleviate that at all?
For some reason, both my original PS4 and PS4 Pro do the same. I even make sure the console is in a well-ventilated area, but nope. Still sounds like a jet engine ready for take off.

This is seriously one of the reasons I am slowly moving away from playing games on PS4. I'm starting to buy multiplatform games on Xbox instead. I have my Xbox One X right next to the PS4 Pro and X1X's loudest fan sound is like the lowest one that the PS4 makes. Really weird.

Huh, my PS4 doesn't make a sound.    Or maybe I just don't notice that kind of thing since I owned a Dreamcast as a kid.

I don't notice mine either. Even when I have the game volume very low.

Although I have a Pro but not a 4K TV. Don't know if that's the reason.

PS4 Pro noise is like a lottery. Even if you don't get much fan noise, you can get annoying coil whine. Depends on which fan you get and how bad the coil whine is. Probably depends on how close you sit to your PS4 too.

I couldn't stand how loud my PS4 got. It was so bad, it would wake my kid up if she was napping in the room. Finally took it apart and cleaned it and that didn't help at all. Ending up swapping for a slim model and haven't heard a peep since.

For those of you talking about your ps4 fans it varies by game much like the ps3.  And do you own a slim or phat ps4?  Since that is also important. The slims are the quietest of the models granted I haven't heard what the new pros sound like.  I personally rec going for one of those however if you want a new ps4.  Avoid the regular pros though since they are horrible.

Sure anyone can get a bad unit.  But afaik most of the loud fan PS4s are from the first generations of Pros.  Recent models shouldn't have that problem for the most part.  Mine doesn't make any noise at all. 

Check out this cheapassscrub. Real fakeassgamers have already quintuple-dipped P3.
They definitely got the assets from P3 Dancing. Just use that. lol.

I honestly would've been fine if they did PS2 Classic ver. of Persona 3 for PS4. I want to platinum it. lol.

I am legitimately excited for these games. Never played them back on PS3 when that era was coming to a close. These releases are right up my alley too with steelbook releases at $50 a pop. If they have slipcover art different from the steelbook art as shown in pictures then that's even more awesome. The bonus mini soundtracks are cool as hell too. This is how most games should be released! Day1 on both games for sure.

Damn, I support Sony by getting their new system right when it is released and this is how they treat me? With a loud-ass internal fan!?

lol

Maybe I'll wait a while after release for their new systems from now on

Damn, I support Sony by getting their new system right when it is released and this is how they treat me? With a loud-ass internal fan!?

lol

Maybe I'll wait a while after release for their new systems from now on
yeah dude, I hate that stuff. It sucks being an early adopter.

The main supporters of most hobby industries are the ones that get screwed the most.

bread's done
Back