Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
They definitely got the assets from P3 Dancing. Just use that. lol.

I honestly would've been fine if they did PS2 Classic ver. of Persona 3 for PS4. I want to platinum it. lol.
pointingup.gif

I am legitimately excited for these games. Never played them back on PS3 when that era was coming to a close. These releases are right up my alley too with steelbook releases at $50 a pop. If they have slipcover art different from the steelbook art as shown in pictures then that's even more awesome. The bonus mini soundtracks are cool as hell too. This is how most games should be released! Day1 on both games for sure.
I really liked both of these games, enough that I'll be getting the PS4 remasters even though I platted both of the originals. Love the art on the SteelBooks too, and I think they did already say that the slipcover art is different from the SteelBook art.

For those of you talking about your ps4 fans it varies by game much like the ps3. And do you own a slim or phat ps4? Since that is also important. The slims are the quietest of the models granted I haven't heard what the new pros sound like. I personally rec going for one of those however if you want a new ps4. Avoid the regular pros though since they are horrible.
I have one of the OG white Destiny PS4s. I also had to start standing it vertically because it would randomly spit out discs if I had it flat on my table. I would get another one, but I just don't need it. It's incredibly annoying, but it's not worth going out and dropping another $300 for a marginally better gaming experience.

I have one of the OG white Destiny PS4s. I also had to start standing it vertically because it would randomly spit out discs if I had it flat on my table. I would get another one, but I just don't need it. It's incredibly annoying, but it's not worth going out and dropping another $300 for a marginally better gaming experience.
did you try pulling out that rubber foot piece that sits underneath the eject button?
i think the heat expands it making it push the eject button to spit out the disc. it's like a rubber line.
having it vertical probably lessen the heat trapped next to it causing it to expand.

i play my video games really loud like a real hardcore gamer. So loud that i can't notice if the ps4 fan is acting up.

ya my og ps4 fan gets loud at demanding sections of games. I just turn up the volume or put on headphones.

Should have traded it in when they were giving $250 for them a few weeks ago at Gamestop.

Damn I forgot megaman came out this week. Wish I thought to use last week's GMG coupon on it. Err, nvm it looks like they raised the price during the coupon period so it would have worked out to the same thing.

Raoh theme keeps getting removed from my cart for some reason
I had this happen to me when I was writing it, but I was able to eventually get it to stick by doing single item checkouts. Usually it's a temporary issue for a few hours after the store starts it weekly update.

Figured this might be the best place to ask...

I pre ordered the mega man amiibo through Amazon Japan. I got a notice for Payment revision. I'm using my Wells Fargo debit card. Is there anything I need to do with the bank? All the info is correct. Any ideas? I assume the bank thinks it's a fraudulent transaction.

I'm honestly surprised they managed to squeeze out one extra collection before KH3. I shouldn't be, but I thought 2.5+2.8 was already fairly concise.
gotta beat that dead corpse until its nothing but powder.

Honestly, I don't even care about kh3. Took too damn long to come out and the stories a complete disaster.

That KH PS4 collection has been confirmed to be two discs. It's most likely just a repack of the two existing discs in one package, without the new patches or any new content. Kinda neat for newcomers but not worth upgrading if you already have 1.5+2.5 and 2.8

I'll wait for KH 2.985.

I don't know what I think about Reggie's comments on wanting to provide "unique experiences" with their mobile games. It did get me thinking though, that some Mario sports themed games might be good candidates for mobile.

Mostly ports this week outside of a couple, but I'm surprised to see some Kairosoft games release on the Switch. Though if they're more than $5, they aren't worth it. Also a lot of Denpasoft games were updated on Steam to sell adult DLC it seems. Still need to figure out how I want to label games with explicit scenes.

Other stuff that released without warning last week or I overlooked it (Assume PC unless otherwise noted):
- Assault Spy (Action)

Weekly Releases (October 7th - October 13th)

Luigi's Mansion
- Platform(s): 3DS
- Genre: Action-Adventure
- Demo: N/A
- Online: N/A
- Comments: Remake of the Gamecube game.

Disgaea 1 Complete
- Platform(s): PS4, Switch
- Genre: SRPG
- Comments: Minor remaster of the original game.

Mark of the Ninja Remastered
- Platform(s): PS4, Switch, XB1, PC
- Genre: Action Platformer / Stealth

Punch Line
- Platform(s): PS4, Vita, PC
- Genre: Visual Novel / Adventure

Valkyria Chronicles 4: Squad E, to the Beach! (DLC)
- Platform(s): PS4, Switch
- Comments: Playable after Chapter 10.

The Missing: JJ Macfield and the Island of Memories
- Platform(s): PS4, Switch, XB1, PC
- Comments: Digital only. A SWERY game.

Chasm
- Platform(s): Switch
- Genre: Metroidvania
- Comments: Previously on PS4, Vita & PC.

Child of Light (Ultimate Edition)
- Genre: RPG / Platformer
- Comments: Previously released on PS4, Vita, XB1 & PC.

Dungeon Village
- Genre: Simulation
- Comments: Kairosoft mobile port.

Game Dev Story

Hot Springs Story

Iris School of Wizardry -Vinculum Hearts-
- Genre: Visual Novel / Otome
- Comments: Digital only.

The World Ends with You: Final Remix
- Genre: Action RPG
- Online: Local co-op

Chronus Arc
- Platform(s): XB1
- Genre: RPG
- Comments: KEMCO mobile port.

三国虎将传VR2-Sanguo Warriors VR2
- Platform(s): PC VR
- Comments: Chinese dev.

TAYAL
- Platform(s): PC
- Genre: Action Platformer
- Comments: Taiwanese Dev.

Offside
- Genre: Visual Novel / Simulation

Devil in the Details
- Genre: Visual Novel / Smut

Chaos Sector -混沌宙域-
- Genre: SRPG / Grand Strategy?
- Comments: Chinese dev.

CINERIS SOMNIA
- Genre: Adventure / Walking Simulation
- Comments: Published by AGM Playism.

Past Releases
September 30th - October 6th
September 23rd - September 29th
September 16th - September 22nd
September 9th - September 15th
September 2nd - September 8th

I have Disgaea One Complete for the Switch and Punch Line for the Vita coming in this week.

It's funny, I saw Luigi's Mansion was coming out for the 3DS and I completely forgot that its sequel Dark Moon came out for the 3DS several years ago.  I guess the one coming out this week is just a 3DS remake of the first Luigi's Mansion? Should be interesting to have it portable I guess, and with some good 3D usage (hopefully).

It's funny, I saw Luigi's Mansion was coming out for the 3DS and I completely forgot that its sequel Dark Moon came out for the 3DS several years ago. I guess the one coming out this week is just a 3DS remake of the first Luigi's Mansion? Should be interesting to have it portable I guess, and with some good 3D usage (hopefully).
Yeah, the original game was awesome, and I've been looking forward to this release since it was announced, so this is going to be a long week. LOL

I'm mostly looking forward to being able to play it on the go, as well as what other improvements may have been added in as well. It actually has an "Achievement" list if you can believe it, and it's named exactly that, who knew? Hopefully they don't take something that was working, and break it, as "N" often does, as they love fixing stuff that wasn't broken to begin with. 3D would be amazing for this, but I'm not holding my breath, as many recent offerings have not bothered.

LM: Dark Moon was a very solid title, that I enjoyed very much, but it was very different to the first. The OG was probably my favorite, as the unique bosses and having to find each ones weakness was what made it great. That was lost in the DM, but it made for a more portable friendly version, which it was meant to be. I'd rate the first a 9/10, and DM probably an 8/10. Both are great games and I recommend either one to the masses, as they are some of "N" better games, and of course great October titles to play for Halloween,

Interested to see how World Ends with You turns out for Switch. Was one of my favorite Ds games. The 3DS has hit this weird zombie state where Nintendo can’t put it down because it’s still making money but output has switched to ports and remakes. Luigi Mansion is a solid choice though.

Interested to see how World Ends with You turns out for Switch. Was one of my favorite Ds games. The 3DS has hit this weird zombie state where Nintendo can’t put it down because it’s still making money but output has switched to ports and remakes. Luigi Mansion is a solid choice though.
Yeah, I think Punch-Out from the Wii would be another great choice, especially if their gonna go all the way through 2019 offering new 3DS games. Their gonna need some more quick and easy filler titles, and PO would be a solid bet I think. I love Punch-Out, but for some reason, I just couldn't get in to the Wii version. I just didn't care for it each time I put it on, so another chance on the 3DS would be welcome. The 3D could be cool as well, as I had hoped for the NES PO to be put in the classic 3D line-up, but of course "N" gives us 3D Urban Champions instead. If shit like this doesn't show everyone how out of touch these guys are, nothing will.

Urban Champions 3D..............

ochI2.gif

Yeah, I think Punch-Out from the Wii would be another great choice, especially if their gonna go all the way through 2019 offering new 3DS games. Their gonna need some more quick and easy filler titles, and PO would be a solid bet I think. I love Punch-Out, but for some reason, I just couldn't get in to the Wii version. I just didn't care for it each time I put it on, so another chance on the 3DS would be welcome. The 3D could be cool as well, as I had hoped for the NES PO to be put in the classic 3D line-up, but of course "N" gives us 3D Urban Champions instead. If shit like this doesn't show everyone how out of touch these guys are, nothing will.

Urban Champions 3D..............

ochI2.gif
I’m still thrown by Urban Champion being a 3D Classic. Sega completely schooled Nintendo on porting their retro catalog with 3D. Ironically when the 3DS was first introduced they showed off Mega Man 2 and Yoshis Island for the potential of 3D yet never saw the light of day.

I just hope the 3DS hangs on til Persona Q 2.

I’m still thrown by Urban Champion being a 3D Classic. Sega completely schooled Nintendo on porting their retro catalog with 3D. Ironically when the 3DS was first introduced they showed off Mega Man 2 and Yoshis Island for the potential of 3D yet never saw the light of day.

I just hope the 3DS hangs on til Persona Q 2.
Yeah, SEGA/AM2 killed their 3D classic line up and then some, and I promoted those every chance I got. I even double dipped on many, as I bought many digital and then bought the physical cart once it was offered. Looking at SEGA's list next to "N" titles, it really makes me want to cry, "3D", what a complete and wasted opportunity. "N" main excuse was that the early titles didn't sell well(their favorite past time, blaming consumers for their own weak ass efforts), so they stopped the 3D classics pretty early on. So someone thought 3D Urban Champions was a good idea, and then when it sold poorly, they are surprised and shocked, typical "N" BS!

My dream 3D title was Star Fox from the SNES, but just getting that on VC was a pipe dream, so hoping they would actually make a 3D version was a pretty far stretch on my part. SNES seemed to barely be offered, and where unique to the "NEW" model, so getting 3D SNES games was probably a pretty big wish, sadly. Punch-Out for the NES or SNES would have been my second choice, but I did think the NES version had a good shot early on, but Urban Champion pretty much killed that with it's on bare pixelated hands. LOL

bread's done
Back