Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I'll be supporting the Switch version of DOAX3 Scarlet.

Visual quality may take a hit, but at least the content is not removed.

Also, I'm really glad Switch is not region-locked  :D/

this was in my mail. just a heads up.

3UuPcAs.jpg

forgot to include this.

Get 20% off on all Black Friday sale items

Enter Coupon Code, get 20% Off on selected items From 10:00 Nov.19, 2018 (Monday) until 23:59 Dec.06, 2018 (Thursday) Coupon Code: XXXXXXXX (censored the code in case it was unique) Limited quantity. Deals are valid while supply lasts.
Coupon code is "2018BF20", seems generic.

Items seem to be mostly household items, some clothing, and a bunch of sunglasses,

Very cool to see Himura in Jump Force, the roster is really shaping up. Still going to wait for reviews before buying, though, gameplay with arena fighters has been all over the place the past several years.

maybe but the problem is if the update for the dlc characters will have to include the changes in order to get them
I don't think they'll patch those items out. In the differences between Fortune and the Scarlet versions the items are listed as a supported feature in Fortune. Although, it does also say all this information is subject to change without notice.

I figure you guys are the best ones to ask, even if this particular Japanese game isn't all that niche: what FFXV DLC is not included in the Royal Edition, if any?

It has everything afaik. The only DLC it wont have is the upcoming Ardryn DLC
I'll piggyback off Souffrir and ask, do you think the Royal Edition is worth getting for $20? I've avoided FFXV up to this point waiting for the game to be completed, but I remember liking the demo a couple years ago

I'll piggyback off Souffrir and ask, do you think the Royal Edition is worth getting for $20? I've avoided FFXV up to this point waiting for the game to be completed, but I remember liking the demo a couple years ago
It is unlikely they will release another version with the last DLC, so yes.

Kingdom Hearts 3 - Together Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-fmsw5m0Ag

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Overview Trailer English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLu7e8RZoYc

I am tempted to get Shibuya Scramble for $35 but think I will hold off.

I think so. Now that only one DLC is coming and the rest are cancelled, no way there will be another edition of the game to add one DLC. I haven't played any of the DLC yet but thought the vanilla game was worth more than 20 bucks.

Are there any porting problems with Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner Mars? I tried reading a couple professional reviews and didn't see any direct complaints, but I'm hesitant based on Konami's record with remasters.

Are there any porting problems with Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner Mars? I tried reading a couple professional reviews and didn't see any direct complaints, but I'm hesitant based on Konami's record with remasters.
I through the encounter with Leo and haven't came across any problems. Even the PS3 remaster was fine after it got patched.

Apparently on some recent Atlus USA streams they said the Persona 4 Dancing All Night dlc for the Vita version will not be crossbuy with the PS4 version after all.

That sucks. I bought all the new songs and a handful of cosmetics for the Vita version. This news actually kills my interest in the games a bit because I'm probably more interested in re-visiting P4D than playing P3D or P5D. I was hoping for a 20% off PSN code next month to buy the bundle for $80, but even if we do get a code I might pass on buying them for now. I only buy games at launch that I'm hyped for, and my hype for these games has been waning.

Frankly, I'm disappointed Kawakami didn't get a dance track. I also wanted a Sae track, but that seemed like a long shot. When I thought of a possible P5D game I thought Kawakami, Takemi, and Akechi would be a lock. At least as dlc.

I really wasn't planning on ever grabbing FFXV, but with the royal edition at $20, and a random best buy $10 bonus reward showing up in the mail yesterday, I guess I'll give it a shot. It was that or ZoE2, and as a completionist it'd bug me if I owned it but they never released a ZoE1 on PS4 to go along with it.

I really wasn't planning on ever grabbing FFXV, but with the royal edition at $20, and a random best buy $10 bonus reward showing up in the mail yesterday, I guess I'll give it a shot. It was that or ZoE2, and as a completionist it'd bug me if I owned it but they never released a ZoE1 on PS4 to go along with it.
I get where you're coming from, but shouldn't completionist tendencies take a back seat in the face of things that don't exist? Haha

Two questions for anyone regarding Play Asia's black Friday deals.

1) Are these all the deals? Like I'm seeing alot of $4 off prices for some items. Are these the prices or are there going to be more price cuts?

2) The Top 5 Play Exclusive for the week games that they have listed, are they just basically 5 random games or are they on special for the week?

I am tempted to get Shibuya Scramble for $35 but think I will hold off.

I think so. Now that only one DLC is coming and the rest are cancelled, no way there will be another edition of the game to add one DLC. I haven't played any of the DLC yet but thought the vanilla game was worth more than 20 bucks.
Oh, I didn't know 428 would be discounted. Though I wonder if I should wait for it to drop on PC. Being a VN I would think it would be better to play it there...

Two questions for anyone regarding Play Asia's black Friday deals.

1) Are these all the deals? Like I'm seeing alot of $4 off prices for some items. Are these the prices or are there going to be more price cuts?

2) The Top 5 Play Exclusive for the week games that they have listed, are they just basically 5 random games or are they on special for the week?
1. yes. Those are all the deals you're going to get

2. Top 5 PLAY Exclusives literally refers to the PLAY Exclusives line (Limited Print Games exclusively sold by Play Asia). They're just advertising the games because they already put em on sale the beginning of last week.

Atelier Arland is out in two weeks on PS4, Switch, and Steam as a digital only title. They've still not announced a price, but since the Chinese version and Vita versions are about $80 it's probably safe to say you'll need to get at least that much in PSN/eShop credit. Japanese copies launched at about $95 equivalent. There's no preorder on any digital storefronts right now and those 20% off coupons usually don't work for preorders anyways.

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1065259974455025667

1. yes. Those are all the deals you're going to get

2. Top 5 PLAY Exclusives literally refers to the PLAY Exclusives line (Limited Print Games exclusively sold by Play Asia). They're just advertising the games because they already put em on sale the beginning of last week.
okay thanks. Look like I'll only be getting one thing here since there are better prices for what I want. Thanks again

bread's done
Back