Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing the cursor in question was a hand. From that article it doesn't sound like there was a groping feature. It could just be at times the cursor becomes a hand, and during some of those times there might have been a character on screen. Maybe they made the change because they don't want it to even appear the hand is groping the character.

Good news: Amazon shipped my Persona Q2 premium edition early.

Bad news:

[attachment=32251:20190523_121411.jpg]

[attachment=32252:20190523_121430.jpg]

I'm thankful I had a backup order at Best Buy.

Yay, Persona Q2 just arrived.  Thanks Amazon!

Persona-Q2.jpg

I hope you enjoy the second shipping charge!

I know everyone’s focused on the shoddy packaging, but I can’t stop thinking about how Amazon must have really screwed something up if this many people are getting Q2 two weeks early.

Hah! Just got this email from Amazon. People must be asking about it. For the record, I did not contact Amazon

We're writing about the order you placed on March 06, 2019 (Order# ). The item(s) you ordered is not yet released. We will notify you of a specific delivery date when one is available.
Edit: nevermind, seems like I get this email for many preorders.

My Amazon copy of Persona Q2 came crushed too, but I chatted with with an amazon rep and they offered to refund the total cost of the game. Told me that since they're sold out of the premium edition, the only thing he could do is refund me and to "dispose" of the box.

Amazon has been doing this for years. They will never learn.
It also doesn't look like people on this forum will learn. I stopped buying CE from amazon after Bravely Default Ce was badly damaged and that was back in 2014.

Amazon has been doing this for years. They will never learn.
It also doesn't look like people on this forum will learn. I stopped buying CE from amazon after Bravely Default Ce was badly damaged and that was back in 2014.
LOL, correct on both counts^

Yeah, I stopped buying CE awhile back in general, but I learned years ago to order at least "2" of anything I thought could be damaged, or out of stock at some point, to insure a box was used. This ruled served me well most of the time, with only a few situations where it didn't work. One of which was the Majoras Mask CE, which was shipped in a box, but along with many other items, which in turn damaged all 3 copies I had ordered. I had actually contacted CS before hand, to ask that all 3 be shipped separate, which CS promised would happen, and of course didn't, as CS never communicates with shipping, EVER! I did get about $170 of free merch due to the promise made by CS, so that was a good outcome in the end.

A last system game like this I would have for sure ordered a few, as it was more than likely to be sold out after the fact, and hard to find(due to low qtys produced). I rarely if ever used BB for CE, but they often used a box no matter what, so I can't think of anytime they screwed up. But, before I could even have an issue with damages, they would often cancel hard to get orders due to being oversold or some other issue. I only ever used GS as a last resort, and only when I still had friends working there where I knew returns would be hassle free. Once they all left, so did my orders online. Amazon has for sure been the worst, but I have used them the most as well, but even with boxes, I get damages from them regularly now with almost all my book orders I still make.

So after trying to chat with CS rep at amazon about the crushed Persona Q2 CE, they asked me to send a picture. The person had the gall to say they see the item is fine. I wasnt expecting much, but that is next level shit

So after trying to chat with CS rep at amazon about the crushed Persona Q2 CE, they asked me to send a picture. The person had the gall to say they see the item is fine. I wasnt expecting much, but that is next level shit
I don't get bad reps to often at Amazon, but it does happen, and that's when I tell them to put a supervisor on, and that's normally when I get shit done.

:ps4: Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet is on clearance at BB for $17.99 / $14.39: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sword-art-online-fatal-bullet-playstation-4/6085900.p?skuId=6085900

Amazon matched: https://www.amazon.com/Sword-Art-Online-Fatal-Bullet-PlayStation/dp/B074WQLH4H/

This has been $20 for a long time, so only 10% off for clearance. I went ahead and grabbed it since I prefer physical copies and still have gcu. The complete edition is digital-only for $70. Physical owners can get the complete dlc pack for $40.

That’s great news for star ocean. Recently I considered getting into that series as it was recommended, but didn’t want to jump platforms to play it. Hopefully it gets a physical release.

[media]https://twitter.com/StarOcean/status/1132247692287987714?s=20[/media]
Very recently played this for the first time, so can't say I'd pick it up any time soon, but hopefully this does well enough for the PS4 release of the 2nd to be brought over or it gets redone however this is (R version) and brought over as well

I enjoyed one when I played it on psp.  two not as much since the cast wasn't as likable and the story was pretty nonexistent unless you do the sidequests.

Man, remember when Star Ocean games didn’t make you want to throw your console at the nearest Tri-Ace employee you could find?
haha

Bright side at least 5 was somewhat of an improvement over 4. But I certainly would be surprised if they ever do another main entry in the series.

Yu-Gi-Oh Legacy of the Duelist (S) is up for preorder at Bestbuy, time to cancel Amazon.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks for that as that’s what I was waiting for. Although I should probably wait as I’m sure this will be discounted in a couple months but it looks pretty good so I guess day one for me.

Man, remember when Star Ocean games didn’t make you want to throw your console at the nearest Tri-Ace employee you could find?
I bought the PS4 one. I understand it's mediocre, but what drew me to it was that it was short and linear.

I just don't have time for open-world games and frankly, when watching/reading reviews, always see as positive when the reviewer says/writes that the game is relatively short and/or on a straight path. Will support those games!

A Plague Tale is definitely on my list next.

I imagine Hell being working customer service and every call is some whiny teen complaining that a box got creased.
I mean, the pictures that were posted were way worse than a "crease". If Amazon shipped them correctly in a box rather than a flimsy bubble mailer no one would be complaining.

bread's done
Back