Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate to break it to you, but just because someone on eBay lists it for $1,299, doesn't mean that's what it sells for.

If you check PriceCharting, highest it's been actually sold is $250.
Last sold: $999.99 (new), $380 (like new), $285 (used), $499.95 (new), $499.99 (new), $479.99 (new), $210 (used), $400 (new)

Hate to break it to you...

Last sold: $999.99 (new), $380 (like new), $285 (used), $499.95 (new), $499.99 (new), $479.99 (new), $210 (used), $400 (new)
Might want to look closely at the actual listings again champ. See the ones that actually ended with someone putting a bit and paying.

Based on a couple of collectors conversations I have had who resell games, there is a lot of shilling going on too. Because eBay moved to private bidders a long while back, it is very easy to do this. Don't get sucked into a fake auction. :p

What I don't understand is people that get WAYY too obsessive over ownership of certain things. "I need xxxx thing because it's $300 now". Well you didn't want it when it was $80 new, or $20 when it was in the used bargain bin at GS so...no, you don't. Or else they get triggered by Ebay listings. Like seriously, who cares? People become way too attached to items just because they get this perception that something is worth a lot of money. Like I can't believe that some people here didn't sell their Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 Vita Limited Editions as soon as they reached $600+. Why wouldn't you. Why become attached to something so silly, just because the dollar price went up? Something is only worth as much as you can sell it for, and items don't remain hot forever. I sold my Dark Souls trilogy hardcover compendium for 400 bucks on Amazon a couple months ago without a moments hesitation as soon as I saw what it was going for. That will pay for an entire console or an entire year of brand new video games. It's a no-brainer. Anything seminal will get re-printed or remastered eventually anyways.

There will always be more new interesting stuff to buy. No reason to get so attached to your stuff. No one is going to care about the dozen brand new-in-box 3DS systems that you own in ten years.

Buy all of the collectables you like, and sell a couple of them that you can live without when the value goes up astronomically 500-1000%. That's how you maintain this hobby and keep buying cool collectables.
I never buy collector's boxes, at least not on purpose. I'll pick up a steelbook or "limited" edition here and there, but only because it was either cheaper than the standard edition or on deep clearance.

As for whether it's a "no-brainer' to sell one's games if/when they reach high values, I don't entirely agree with such an absolute view. There are many reasons one may not wish to part with their games, regardless how "priceless" or "expensive" they might now be, and those reasons may not have anything to do with what the game may offer in liquid "return" on the market.

This is false. Gaming changes through the years and you might not like the new stuff as much. This is why many retro games and consoles have gone up in value, people miss the good old days. They made the mistake of trading in their games years ago and would rather play classics instead of newer games which for many are not as interesting. The old games are scarce now so the values are high. I personally think this is the worst generation of gaming yet and would rather have back many of the old games I sold through the years but are too expensive now. I would rather hang on to expensive items instead of making the risk of selling them. Also, if you have a real job all of a sudden a few hundred dollars for a game isn't really that much profit like it was when you were in hs or college. Also, I am attached to material items because in my experience people will let you down, abandon you, etc. but my games are still there and will always be there for me.
I think caggamer1 is onto something here. There is a charm to going back to older games, which are indeed hard(er) to find. Similar to caggamer1, I too think the gaming industry today - which seems obsessed with making open-world or always online/never-ending games that are either shipped broken or in need of countless patches - is becoming less and less attractive in terms of both the sorts of games published, and how those games must be played.

And the thought that popular older games will be reprinted and remastered down the road just isn't true. There are more than enough examples of games out there that have come and gone, have a worthwhile base of gamer interest, but are never going to get an HD re-release, or any treatment whatesoever, because of logistical, legal, and other costly labyrinthine obstacles.

Of course, what is popular now may not be what was popular then, and while "seminal" games - as that term may be regularly used - are more likely to be revisited (e.g., the Resident Evil series is probably the most obvious example), a person's interest in games - not unlike with books or movies - eventually extends farther/deeper than just seminal or mass-market titles. Someone who finds he/she enjoys gaming isn't going to start and stop with Assassin's Creed or the Super Mario series. It may reach out to AA titles like the Shadow Hearts trilogy, or evolve into a love for obscure card-based games like Lost Kingdoms, or a passion for Capcom fighting titles like Project Justice or Tech Romancer.

All of this is to say that people's tastes change, and time is money. Trying to find old games now, time included, and paying those values is not an option for many people (i.e., me).

Also, collecting games (or for that matter, any pursuit that involves collecting) is a hobby that is for many divorced from tracking liquid value. All my friends who collects games or movies have little to no interest in selling or even keeping any eye towards what something may be worth. They collect because they have fun in owning and playing games (that latter one may bring chills to some here - Yes, we open all our games and actually use them; no new/minty fresh items here).

Others collect because they care most about value. That's fine, of course. All I'll say about game speculating is that the idea of buying games where the prime motivation is not whether the game itself will give one enjoyment, but on some speculative notion that the item will be worth something more in the future (again, we're talking about a video game, not some metaphysical stock or bond) is a strange and foreign concept to me. That said, it's your money - and no one but you decides how to spend it.

I only buy games and movies I want to play and watch, and while I may have limited time to do so, I do get around to opening them, and playing/watching them. I've never bought a game or movie because I decided it should be worth something down the road. Any worth it has comes from my enjoyment of it.

I'm not saying "sell all your cool valuable stuff that you treasure".  I'm saying that there are a couple instances each year where you have an opportunity to sell something that is very expensive because you can live without it.  I would never want to sell all of my favorite Persona or Nintendo CEs either.  But certain listings can fund an entire year of buying all of the brand new games that you want to play. The other thing is how strangely 50% of people (on every collectors forum) become obsessed and bothered with 'what's going on over at Ebay'. All it boils down to is jealousy, greed, or laziness, and the inability to sell things themselves that they have to get angry about it and virtue signal to others for a few high fives.  But transactions going on over at Ebay don't affect them at all, in actuality.   They don't participate.  If anyone actually wants and needs to buy P3P for $300 then there is definitely something else similar in their collection that they could sell in order to facilitate that purchase. 

Also, it's not so much that there will always be a re-master, it's that we are all-digital now.  Everyone has easy access to the vast majority of old games.  On Steam or GoG, digital PSN/E-shop, and other less than desirable avenues.  So you don't need expensive retro carts to enjoy retro gaming.  The mini consoles exposed all of that. 

Retro gaming now costs negligible amounts compared to other hobbies.  The games can often be played for free or next to nothing.  All of the retro gaming shops here have gone out of business over the last decade because no one pays for any of those things anymore.  So I couldn't disagree any more vehemently with "retro games and consoles have gone up in value, people miss the good old days."  That is nothing but hollow nostalgia-speak, in regards to the industry and the way people actually spend their money.

The vast majority of SNES and PS1 RPGs aren't even expensive when you factor in inflation.  in fact, most of them cost less today than they did when they were brand new.  $60 in 1990 is worth about $120 today.  "Retro gaming" is beyond passe.  There is no retro gaming craze.  We are all-digital now.  Plus you can easily buy all sorts of new retrograde equipment and controllers, and international manufacturing and distribution of accessories and peripherals has never been so accessible.

All of the retro gaming shops here have gone out of business over the last decade because no one pays for any of those things anymore. So I couldn't disagree any more vehemently with "retro games and consoles have gone up in value, people miss the good old days." That is nothing but hollow nostalgia-speak, in regards to the industry and the way people actually spend their money.
For a general audience, I would agree with these statements. The average consumer cares little and less for dappling in obsolete technology, and would vastly prefer the convenience of modern digital gaming. And I am personally a BIG fan of classic games being made available digitally. This is one of the better means of preserving classic games, and even resurrecting lost or obscure titles.

But I would disagree that this means retro gaming isn't growing or that no one is paying for physical copies. The decline of most retro gaming shops wasn't due to a lack of interest, but to the monopolistic practices of GameStop. (and their infuriating policy of pushing out older console generations in favor of recent release churn) There IS a small retro gaming chain of stores in my area, and they've been doing incredible business, especially over the course of social distancing. I'm consistently amazed how many people go into that chain not looking to sell, but to buy.

The recent "rise in value" of retro games is partially due to the rise in the internet, and the rise in documentation surrounding those titles. As I've stated before, the demand for these retro titles is largely dependent on how well known they are. A boost in exposure and awareness on-line will usually translate to an increase in demand for physical copies. This is why a digital release can actually boost the demand, and thus price, for a retro physical release. A decent digital release inherently allows more people to play a retro title, thus boosting its awareness and exposure, doubly so if there is even a smidgen of marketing incorporated into the digital release. This is also why successful modern entries in a series can boost the demand for older, legacy physical entries. (Persona 4 and 5 blow up and become well-known and popular, and the prices for physical copies of Persona 1, 2, and 3 skyrocket)

mini-consoles.jpg

I opened up and played the PAL edition version because that's the one I like to look at.

For a general audience, I would agree with these statements. The average consumer cares little and less for dappling in obsolete technology, and would vastly prefer the convenience of modern digital gaming. And I am personally a BIG fan of classic games being made available digitally. This is one of the better means of preserving classic games, and even resurrecting lost or obscure titles.

But I would disagree that this means retro gaming isn't growing or that no one is paying for physical copies. The decline of most retro gaming shops wasn't due to a lack of interest, but to the monopolistic practices of GameStop. (and their infuriating policy of pushing out older console generations in favor of recent release churn) There IS a small retro gaming chain of stores in my area, and they've been doing incredible business, especially over the course of social distancing. I'm consistently amazed how many people go into that chain not looking to sell, but to buy.

The recent "rise in value" of retro games is partially due to the rise in the internet, and the rise in documentation surrounding those titles. As I've stated before, the demand for these retro titles is largely dependent on how well known they are. A boost in exposure and awareness on-line will usually translate to an increase in demand for physical copies. This is why a digital release can actually boost the demand, and thus price, for a retro physical release. A decent digital release inherently allows more people to play a retro title, thus boosting its awareness and exposure, doubly so if there is even a smidgen of marketing incorporated into the digital release. This is also why successful modern entries in a series can boost the demand for older, legacy physical entries. (Persona 4 and 5 blow up and become well-known and popular, and the prices for physical copies of Persona 1, 2, and 3 skyrocket)
I agree with the above but I also think that Nothing- makes valid points. Factor in MSRP + inflation and really, many retro games aren't worth that much. Sure there's a few unicorns here and there but a vast majority of them have not seen the crazy jumps in prices like more recent games.

But I also think that it's worth considering how different it is collecting in the past (hell, even 5 yrs ago) vs collecting today. Nostalgia will always be there for generations that were a part of it but there'll also be... "phantom nostalgia" (not sure what you call it) for generations that weren't a part of it. E.g., people collecting vinyls even though they were never around when vinyls were the it thing. And even recently, you're seeing surges in prices for VHS tapes (one of my staff, who's 25, has a huge Disney collection of tapes).

Yes, you are part of the 1%.

But we're getting into tangential or strawman territory here. I don't think anyone read my posts and thought that I was suggesting that retro games are never worth good money. The conversation initially started over the high cost of P3P and has taken several tangents since then. Much of that post was an indirect reply to someone that quoted me and then said "This is false", which is patently absurd when we were having a discussion about money and cost. Then he laments about stupidly selling his old games, mostly because they are much more valuable now. Which I thought was a blatant misrepresentation of everything I was saying; I'm not the one who hastily sold all of his favorite old games at a poor ROI.

Plus, if you sell when the value is high, then you never have anything to regret. Which is another major theme here. And was confirmed by a couple of people that replied they had zero regrets selling their Neptunia CE's.

I want Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance on Gamecube.   That's the one that I'm missing.  Wanted it for years but never wanted to pay $150+.  Welp looks like it has jumped in price dramatically just in the last year lol. 

But there's no sense in getting your knickers in a knot over it.   I could sell PSP Persona 2: Innocent Sin if I want to buy something like that.  So can anyone else who has done a similar type of collecting. 

I want Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance on Gamecube. That's the one that I'm missing. Wanted it for years but never wanted to pay $150+. Welp looks like it has jumped in price dramatically just in the last year lol.
Hell yeah, you do. My brother played that game to death, absolutely loved it. For anyone who is a fan of the genre, or that series in particular, Path of Radiance is a white whale. It never got a very large print run in the US, and STILL hasn't been re-released digitally or re-mastered.

I bought my copy brand new at Circuit City for $20. It's all about getting in just as the retail prices bottom out.

I want Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance on Gamecube. That's the one that I'm missing. Wanted it for years but never wanted to pay $150+. Welp looks like it has jumped in price dramatically just in the last year lol.

But there's no sense in getting your knickers in a knot over it. I could sell PSP Persona 2: Innocent Sin if I want to buy something like that. So can anyone else who has done a similar type of collecting.
it actually went back down from the 500 it was going for last year in the summer. I almost thought about parting with it. But it's a favorite of the series to me and I just played it at the time doing a bottom tier characters challenge run on a higher difficulty. Plus doing a near perfect run for the prison map. I left a save for the desert map to attempt a perfect clear on someday.

Hell yeah, you do. My brother played that game to death, absolutely loved it. For anyone who is a fan of the genre, or that series in particular, Path of Radiance is a white whale. It never got a very large print run in the US, and STILL hasn't been re-released digitally or re-mastered.

I bought my copy brand new at Circuit City for $20. It's all about getting in just as the retail prices bottom out.
is positively green with envy. I didn't get it for less than 44 or 35 and this was just before awakening released making all the older entries jump to skyrocket in price.

Picked it up and radiant dawn at the same time so I get confused on which one I paid more for.

Without a doubt, Path of Radiance and Persona 3 will get re-masters within the next several years. Look up how much money Nintendo has made on Fire Emblem: Heroes by Intelligent Systems. Was it $160million last year alone? It's made more money than the entire FE franchise combined, and funding those foundational titles are a great investment for them. Look at how they've re-released every notable title from the Wii U on Switch. Also the Skyward Sword CE prices aren't doing so hot because it's coming back in higher quality! (That's how the value tanks and you should have sold when you could have, and proceed to pick up the new CE for nothing out of pocket)

That's the type of stuff that really excites me as a fan, knowing that it's an inevitability. :D

Just like I'm still waiting for some random lurker to come by and blow his gasket any minute now.

Fire emblem wise that isn't likely to happen due to the older ones having permadeath, no class swapping and other stuff that isn't noob friendly. They could possibly pull an echoes with the older entries that still remain unlocalized but then again look what they did with the first game on switch... And the only reason they even localized it was because it already got ported in jpn and they saw the easy money. But yeah Nintendo generally have no idea how to treat the fire emblem series. If they had a lick of sense blazing blade and sacred stones would be digital on the switch by now. Hell going by how much they got away with for 1 they could do a physical box with just a code for 60 or more.

Took a break to get out and get some exercise, decided to stop by a Gamestop, and found this just now:

AI-Somnium-Files-launch-edition.jpg

It was only $14.97 on clearance.  I love these kinds of finds. 

It doesn't appear to be searchable on GS.com website, but here's the regular edition.  You might want to ask for them to do a search in-store. 

Thanks for the responses. Decided just to wishlist it for now. Might be in my cart for a future $5 off $30 sale prices if/when steam does another of those. Going to tackle some other VN's I own for now.

Has anyone attempted to play one of the existing fan translations of Chaos;Head? Thinking I might try to do that before Chaos;Child. Finally finished all the S;G spinoffs so I'm ready to move forward in these science adventure games.
I played C;H back in like 2015. The translation seemed fine, I can't remember anything wrong with it. They are currently working on a translation for Chaos;Head Noah which is the official canon and what the entire sci;adv series goes off of so it might be worth waiting for that.

Apropos of nothing, but I’ve been playing Picross 2 for Game Boy, and some of those Wario puzzles are frigging hard. I’ve only beaten the first area, and a couple puzzles I had to come up with completely new ways of determining filled/empty squares from what I’m used to.

Apropos of nothing, but I’ve been playing Picross 2 for Game Boy, and some of those Wario puzzles are frigging hard. I’ve only beaten the first area, and a couple puzzles I had to come up with completely new ways of determining filled/empty squares from what I’m used to.
I was playing Mario's Super Picross on the Switch SNES app for a while and I just had to give up on the Wario puzzles lol. I use Picross as a way to relax before bed but there is no relaxing with these puzzles that don't tell you when you've made an error. My brain can't figure that crap out when I am sleepy.

I was playing Mario's Super Picross on the Switch SNES app for a while and I just had to give up on the Wario puzzles lol. I use Picross as a way to relax before bed but there is no relaxing with these puzzles that don't tell you when you've made an error. My brain can't figure that crap out when I am sleepy.
I actually find that a lot less stressful than the Mario’s Picross variants, as I don’t like having a timer over my head or to be penalized when I accidentally hit the button on the wrong space (though the timers in Picross 2 are generous enough that I don’t mind so much), but the puzzles in GB Picross 2’s Wario side are just straight up harder than the ones in the Mario side.

I like that, though.

The unreleased Pokemon Picross for GBC, though, that has such tight timers if you want to get the bonus puzzles that I can’t play more than a few puzzles at a time without getting totally wound up.

I typically shy away from games with timers.  If the timer is just a thing to compete with yourself if you want.. ok, but if levels are graded based on time then I'm likely going to pass.  Picross, I don't need a timer.  Just let me solve the puzzles and I can deal with it not telling me when I do something wrong.  I play a free sudoku game on my ipad and it has a timer at the end but it's just to show you how you've done.. there's no benefit (not even a 3 star grade system) to finishing fast.  So I'm cool with that.  If I want to go fast... cool.

Captain Toad though, I didn't like the timer side of that in the demo.  Turned me off on the whole game, even though I liked the overall puzzles.. it bothered me too much not being able to make the time requirements.  I know I could skip that and still play the game, but the games I enjoy I tend to aim to complete everything I can in them.  Like going back to Xenoblade 2 and finishing off collecting blades as well as finishing their affinity charts.  When I finished XC2 Torna I had everything finished for all of the affinity charts as it was a much more contained game.

It doesn't appear to be searchable on GS.com website, but here's the . You might want to ask for them to do a search in-store.
It's sad that GS made the website useless by no longer allowing you to see accurate inventory so you can find the items in store yourself. You're at the mercy of employees who often just pretend to type something in their computer or misspell the title (even after you tell them exactly how to spell it) and then just say "no stores have it". I also won't take a gamble with the website, I've tried to buy a few rare games from them and the prices were great... until I got the items in the mail and they were all either wrong discs/not working/bad condition, etc.

I know I could skip that and still play the game, but the games I enjoy I tend to aim to complete everything I can in them. Like going back to Xenoblade 2 and finishing off collecting blades as well as finishing their affinity charts.
At some point it's just not worth the return. Like that one blade who sings with a polar bear. Grinding that out isn't reasonable or remotely fun.

At some point it's just not worth the return. Like that one blade who sings with a polar bear. Grinding that out isn't reasonable or remotely fun.
I loved that strange girl Ursula and her polar bear, Beary. I enjoyed all of the little side story specific stuff for each blade. I didn't manage to get everything, but I got most everything in that game and loved it.

While I agree that the sheer amount of mercenary missions you had to do to max out Ursula was extremely unreasonable, I'd argue that the result was worth it because her healing skills are insane. I can't tell you how many times I'd laugh at an enemy's inability to make a dent in my party as she healed for way more damage than was being dealt. But yeah, the end of her side story was such a letdown after all. That. GRINDING.

Well looks like I'm never ordering from Gamestop.com again unless it's a western game I don't care about collecting. I had ordered Ryza 2 and 13 Sentinels like 2 weeks ago now. First time they claim they delivered the package on my doorstep, it wasn't. Contacted Gamestop and asked for a replacement. They sent me a gift card for the value of Ryza 2 and a copy of 13 Sentinels. So I go to order Ryza 2 again (had credit for both games so I wanted to order from GS) and this time it comes but the case is all busted which I wouldn't care about but the label is all torn to hell. Ugh...

I grinded the hell out of her because she was my only rare blade at the time. I was worried all the blade quests were gonna be like hers lol. Her being cute as hell took the sting out of it. Same with that lightning hammer loli.

Anyone know if there's any sort of preorder discount on Guilty Gear Strive anywhere? Preferably PC. I'm gonna get it no matter what, but I'm trying not to pay full price if possible.

Well looks like I'm never ordering from Gamestop.com again unless it's a western game I don't care about collecting. I had ordered Ryza 2 and 13 Sentinels like 2 weeks ago now. First time they claim they delivered the package on my doorstep, it wasn't. Contacted Gamestop and asked for a replacement. They sent me a gift card for the value of Ryza 2 and a copy of 13 Sentinels. So I go to order Ryza 2 again (had credit for both games so I wanted to order from GS) and this time it comes but the case is all busted which I wouldn't care about but the label is all torn to hell. Ugh...
I hear you. I stopped ordering from Gamestop.com years ago because of how they'd send me gutted and clearly used games (fingerprints and all) when I had purchased new. At this point, I only use Gamestop.com to match prices with other retailers.

To be sure, I loved Gamestop for their preowned games, but that inventory dried up around here some time ago, and there seems little to no interest in replenishing such stock in stores.

I hear you. I stopped ordering from Gamestop.com years ago because of how they'd send me gutted and clearly used games (fingerprints and all) when I had purchased new. At this point, I only use Gamestop.com to match prices with other retailers.

To be sure, I loved Gamestop for their preowned games, but that inventory dried up around here some time ago, and there seems little to no interest in replenishing such stock in stores.
Ya I got a "NEW" Ryza 2 from their $39.99 deal of the day recently and it came with one of their dumbass circular stickers on the side, opened it up, fingerprints all over the disc lol.

Ya I got a "NEW" Ryza 2 from their $39.99 deal of the day recently and it came with one of their dumbass circular stickers on the side, opened it up, fingerprints all over the disc lol.
At least you got a PS4 case. I ordered a visual novel PS4 game, day one edition, new. Game is supposed to come in a box with an artbook. So game arrives, opened, of course. Outside cardboard box is folded, flat. Game is in a yellow slip (I'm talking just roaming outside the bubblemail), with fingerprints all over it but with a little sticker that says "new" on it. No PS4 case, no cover art. The artbook was there, but clearly had been looked through. What a joke. Didn't bother returning as I had zero interest in stepping foot in a GS again, and haven't since, nor will I ever order from GS.com again.

I ordered Raging Loop Switch new copy a while back since it was getting hard to get. Well Gamestop sent me a pretty beat up outer box and the case wasn't in amazing condition either. That artbook though was pristine. I also say get the games cheap, but it's usually better to support others getting the games new.

Speaking of GS... Kingdoms of Amalur is $22.99 on gamestop.com.  No store pickup option has it back to over $30 with tax and shipping.  Makes it an easy pass when I could end up dealing with an opened/stickered up copy along with the final price.  Just going to wait for BB, Amazon, or Walmart.  When it hits $25 or less on one of them, I'll grab it.   I had two local gs stores but they closed one of the them and the other, last time I went in, was a shell of what it used to be.  The amount of games is really low.   While I haven't been shopping as much these days at GS, I hope they manage to stick around just so there is another player in the market.  I used to love picking the dead bones of systems as everyone moved on and the used games got cheap.  But I switched my purchasing methodology with the switch to buy games that I really wanted near launch, which leaves only a few games that I want... but just at a big discount only.

Speaking of GS... Kingdoms of Amalur is $22.99 on gamestop.com. No store pickup option has it back to over $30 with tax and shipping. Makes it an easy pass when I could end up dealing with an opened/stickered up copy along with the final price. Just going to wait for BB, Amazon, or Walmart. When it hits $25 or less on one of them, I'll grab it. I had two local gs stores but they closed one of the them and the other, last time I went in, was a shell of what it used to be. The amount of games is really low. While I haven't been shopping as much these days at GS, I hope they manage to stick around just so there is another player in the market. I used to love picking the dead bones of systems as everyone moved on and the used games got cheap. But I switched my purchasing methodology with the switch to buy games that I really wanted near launch, which leaves only a few games that I want... but just at a big discount only.
If you're talking about re-reckoning, that's been in several GS sales the past couple of months around $15 new. I grabbed a couple preowned for ~$6-7 each when a 50% promo overlapped with that title's sale.

I don't love GS either, especially after some poor experiences lately due to terrible quality control from store shipments. But the majority of my physical collection of standard edition games on recent gens is from GS due to stuff like their 50% preowned sales.

If you're talking about re-reckoning, that's been in several GS sales the past couple of months around $15 new. I grabbed a couple preowned for ~$6-7 each when a 50% promo overlapped with that title's sale.

I don't love GS either, especially after some poor experiences lately due to terrible quality control from store shipments. But the majority of my physical collection of standard edition games on recent gens is from GS due to stuff like their 50% preowned sales.
He was referring to the Switch version of Re-Reckoning, which hasn't seen many discounts below $30 before now.

Yeah quality of GameStop orders is very hit or miss. Worse than awd. I only get stuff through them on 50% or deep clearance from them.

Bought Kandagawa Jet Girls for $20 on sale. I was eventually going to wait for a deep Steam sale but I'm a sucker for soundtracks and $20 is for the day one edition is a price I don't mind paying. Won't get here till next week because I offered for the prime day free credit shipping since I won't play it asap. Even if I hate the game which I won't, still got a 2 Disc Soundtrack.

It's an okay game. The story missions are easy enough to beat, but the requirements for some of the extra achievements like not bumping into walls takes some skill. They try to take the story in a dark turn at the end but it never goes anywhere and doesn't even show up in the anime. Easy platinum too, unlocking everything and playing the tutorial is all it takes. Outside of the Senran Kagura DLC the other stuff is an extra color scheme for costumes in game.

Yeah I heard that he passed yesterday from an acute aortic dissection or something like that.

Hopefully they will continue the series without them.

I wonder if hunterhunter will be next.

Are any of the Berserk games good?
The Dreamcast one is clunky and probably has not aged well (though it had some cool moments). I really liked the PS4 game, though I'm a big fan of Musou/Dynasty Warriors titles in general. There's not a lot of content in it, but you can probably get it used for real cheap at this point nevermind, the aftermarket has gone insane just like everything else. May have to rely on digital.

bread's done
Back