Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Played the arise demo. Shame what they did to bloody howling. Not super thrilled about some artes requiring jump to use. New skits system is ugly. Cooking system works on a timer now which is good and bad. On one hand it's nice not having to refill every few battles but on the other 5 minutes isn't very long and it will get really tedious having to go to the camping spot to refill vs using an item/cooking from the after battle results screen.
I've played through the Demo for Tales of Arise a couple of times and I really enjoy it but I have the same complaints that you mention. I'm not big on the new skit style, but it will be nice being able to see outfit changes during the skits. For cooking, some characters do have a bonus to duration when cooking certain dishes. I'm concerned about the "CP" resource for healing artes as it depleted after 6-7 battles for me on normal difficulty.

Overall, I'm still excited for it and will be getting it day one to support my favorite series. I really hope they don't skip local co-op again for future entries though as I have played most Tales games through with friends.

Sorry was being making a joke/sarcastic! [The whistle failed me]

Though depending on the game I sometimes overpower myself just from enjoying the battle system.

So I sort of like FF8 because things leveled with you.
It's gotta be a good balance. I still feel trauma from Oblivion's system like that lol.

Sorry was being making a joke/sarcastic! [The whistle failed me]
Though depending on the game I sometimes overpower myself just from enjoying the battle system.

It's gotta be a good balance. I still feel trauma from Oblivion's system like that lol.
Yea, I have a habit of jumping in MMO and FPS. That equated to enemy level up in Oblivion...

Maybe I've been spoiled but I feel like most JRPGs don't require grinding these days. More about understanding the battle mechanics and using them in your favor. 

Maybe I've been spoiled but I feel like most JRPGs don't require grinding these days. More about understanding the battle mechanics and using them in your favor.
Yeah, most of what the modern JPRG's I've played are definitely more balanced to not require grinding. I only did it in Neo TWEWY because I like to make these kind of games easier and it was built into certain days that if you want everything available, you have to grind out a lot of battles.

I checked my switch profile last night... 65 hours so far on Neo TWEWY. I feel like I've gotten my money's worth. I'm on Week 3, Day 5. I like the twists and turns this game has taken. I'm going to continue taking it slow. I probably won't 100% everything in the game for my own sanity. As it stands my manual save is only in the 60% range and I've been collecting stuff like mad. But I've largely ignored leveling up all pins and evolving those that can. I only change for higher level pins or pins needed for specific noise.

Finished Samurai Warriors 5 the other night, or rather, I did everything in the game I felt like doing. Got both Nobunaga and Mitsuhide's story endings, but only did around half of the Citadel missions and only two of the Reverie (what-if) scenarios. The materials needed from the Citadel mode to upgrade your dojo/blacksmith/shop/stables pulled a mobile game and went from requiring like 80 lumber/metal/fabric to like 300 in one level. Then it was 300 to 800! I'm not grinding your garbage tower defense crap mode for that. I'm surprised Koei doesn't sell packs of materials for real money. The Musou mode stories unfortunately never got better and I felt little investment in any of the characters (though the villain was surprisingly cool, despite his motivations being a little sketchy). Finally, my biggest complaint was the lack of weapons. You guys cut the roster in half from the last game, you couldn't have given everyone their own, unique weapon and moveset? Hell, I don't even care about the 10 extra characters that were essentially unique NPCs. Just give the 27 main guys their own weapons! I sort of forced myself to complete this game because I was getting so bored with it, and that was due in large part to having to play with the same weapons over and over. I think, as a video game, it's a 6/10, but as a Warriors game, it's like a 5/10. To quote the great chef Gordon Ramsay, "Damn, what a shame."

Anyway, back to Persona 4 Golden. I made Nanako blush like three times last night. Love this game lol

Finished Samurai Warriors 5 the other night,
I wanted to like all things musou but after trying the demo and feeling zero for the characters and locations featured in SW5 it was an easy pass. I'm going to just stick with Zelda and Dragon Quest games in the genre unless they do one for another franchise I really love.

p4g peaks when nanako says "watermelon."
Poor things so disappointed about the watermelon. Honestly I think kanji might have been more disappointed than she was hahaha.

But they both got to eat some in the end and spend time together so it all works out.

But yeah whenever she's really disappointed the look and way she sounds just makes your heart Break. One of the best pulled off child characters in a video game.

I liked the additional scenes like new years. But other than that new skills for the party members making Naoto a jack of all trades a Chie largely improved, and skill selection during fusion I feel like the original version is better. They should have kept it where characters got rid of the weakness Instead of adding in a crappy evade skill.

Mixed on the voice changes.

One of the best pulled off child characters in a video game.
Child characters are so hard to do well, in any form of entertainment. They end up either being too precocious, like mini-adults, or they're so childish and lacking in personality that they're more plot devices than characters. Nanako is the perfect balance between precocious and whimsical, she's actually believable. She's very mature, being home alone often, but she still speaks and acts like a child. Her English voice acting is absolutely perfect, infusing her with so much personality, and even when her lines aren't voiced, she says those funny sorts of things that real 6-7 year old kids say, like when you get your scooter in Golden and she says, "Are you in a biker gang now? Will I see you on TV?" She's an absolute joy of a character and a serious bright spot in the story.

Her kidnapping is absolutely infuriating, and when I first played this game back on the PS2, I couldn't believe the story went there. I was so angry, I wanted to jump into my own TV and find the killer myself. Her dungeon, however, is one of the best in the game. Her innocent mind creating heaven in the Midnight Channel was top-tier storytelling.

Another series that does child characters well is the manga Yotsuba&!, written by the guy who did Azumanga Daioh. This namedrop is a bit irrelevant, but I take any opportunity I can to mention that series. It's one of the best manga ever written.

It's worth noting the heaven dungeon in p4 is a different characters iirc

It's also the most nice looking one. Really showed off the PS2 imo.

Of course since shadows and dungeons are based on the viewers and not the actual person themselves inside the dungeon. So in p4 it's more what the audience thought than the person who's in there.

I'm considering Caligula Effect 2 CE; on the one hand I like game bags and at 100 it doesn't feel particularly expensive, but this one looks pretty bland, I never played the first game, and suspect this game will be about as mediocre as that one seemed to be.  

Played the Tales of Arise demo.

I didn't mind the skits. I guess I miss the chibi characters, but I don't dislike the comic book format.

What I didn't like was the long Artes not letting you dodge through the entire animation. I don't recall other Tales games being like that. And it feels completely pointless to perfect dodge. It does that slow-mo that Platinum games do, but it doesn't seem to offer any benefit -- you don't seem to get CP or Artes bubbles back when you do.

And I couldn't figure out how to switch characters in combat, like in other games. Maybe you can't? At least you can do those special attacks with all characters, and not just the 4 active on the field.

I guess I expected the combat to be slightly more similar to Graces for some reason.

I checked out Namco Museum on the PlayStation (1) today. I love it and wish they’d kept the virtual museum thing in subsequent releases, this is so cool.

That is all.

Played the Tales of Arise demo.

I didn't mind the skits. I guess I miss the chibi characters, but I don't dislike the comic book format.

What I didn't like was the long Artes not letting you dodge through the entire animation. I don't recall other Tales games being like that. And it feels completely pointless to perfect dodge. It does that slow-mo that Platinum games do, but it doesn't seem to offer any benefit -- you don't seem to get CP or Artes bubbles back when you do.

And I couldn't figure out how to switch characters in combat, like in other games. Maybe you can't? At least you can do those special attacks with all characters, and not just the 4 active on the field.

I guess I expected the combat to be slightly more similar to Graces for some reason.
it requires 2 buttons iirc but can also be done from the battle menu to switch characters. You'd have to go look at your button setup. I switched mine around immediately from the default because it was god awful. Like WTF would make someone think that putting guard button on one of the triggers instead of a face button usually square\y.

Dodge wise I believe dohalim has his staff extend tied to that. I didn't like playing with him as a melee and prefer using him as a mage.

The higher level players already have aerial spell combos swapping law with rinwell. She's looking to be quite the monster. Spell save tied with instacast and spell absorber I think I read and they used divine saber and shooting stars iirc which are upgraded from lower tier spells through holding a spell and then casting either the same spell or a different one.

Counter is on kisara? I think so that probably works off perfect dodge if it's like every other tales entry with it. I've never been able to use it so I don't care.

Ended up completing the main story in Neo TWEWY this weekend.  I'm saving the last bit for later and going back to finish some of the stuff I missed.  I'm a few FP shy of being able to use the hardest difficulty.   Overall an exceptional experience.  I think I may have took more screen shots with this game for funny lines than maybe any other game ever.   My finishing level was at 18 out of 92... and I did the last few major things all on Hard mode.   The last boss too me three or four tries to really nail down... but was pretty satisfying.  I know I could have turned my level back up to 92 and had more health than ever needed... but I liked the challenge.  I'm really close to having all but the last character at max stats.  I'm using the coffee shop as the main way to focus on the stats.   Hopefully in the next day or two I'll get those last few FP I need and can play through the chapters starting back at the beginning to see if I can do it or if I should cut my losses and just go ahead and wrap up the last bit of content.

The higher level players already have aerial spell combos swapping law with rinwell. She's looking to be quite the monster. Spell save tied with instacast and spell absorber I think I read and they used divine saber and shooting stars iirc which are upgraded from lower tier spells through holding a spell and then casting either the same spell or a different one.

Counter is on kisara? I think so that probably works off perfect dodge if it's like every other tales entry with it. I've never been able to use it so I don't care.
I actually only played through once. And since I couldn't figure out how to change characters in battle, I used Alphen exclusively. Sounds like I need to try Kisara next. Both Law and Rinwell were in my party by default though.

When I changed control scheme in settings after starting the game, it only gave me limited options for mapping. I think it was 3 Artes, dodge, target, and switch target.

So like, is Idea Factory going to put the Neptunia x Senran Kagura special edition pre-orders up soon? The game is supposed to come out this year and the listing for it is still just a placeholder. I've never pre-ordered from them before, so for those who have, do they normally wait this long to update a listing after posting it?

https://www.iffysonlinestore.com/neptunia-senran-ninja-wars-LE/
They will usually announce when orders will open, down to a specific time not just a day on Twitter/Facebook. I think the product listing will show that information at some point before orders go live too, and probably also an email.

This one is a little odd in that there is no information about what's in it, but lately they have been a little more down to wire with LE information. I thought for a while that there wasn't going to be an LE for Neptunia reVerse

So like, is Idea Factory going to put the Neptunia x Senran Kagura special edition pre-orders up soon? The game is supposed to come out this year and the listing for it is still just a placeholder. I've never pre-ordered from them before, so for those who have, do they normally wait this long to update a listing after posting it?

https://www.iffysonlinestore.com/neptunia-senran-ninja-wars-LE/
I think this is the first time where they've put up a placeholder like this. Usually they put up the product page with all the info, date, and time when it goes live. Also noticed this for the Nep Pudding figure too. For that one they will make units based on how many people wishlists it.

More Neo TWEWY updates... I managed to unlock Ultimate difficulty while on Week 3 Day 2 collecting the FP needed.  For me, it wasn't really that much more challenging on Ultimate.  Even stacking 10+ enemies was no major challenge.  Keep in mined all but one of my characters have max stats now.    It just took more hits to take enemies down and maybe one or two managed to actually take some health away.  I think for now I'm going to flesh out my collection a bit (pin drops from taking down enemies on Ultimate) and then I'll go ahead and finish the bonus content.

I wanted to like all things musou but after trying the demo and feeling zero for the characters and locations featured in SW5 it was an easy pass. I'm going to just stick with Zelda and Dragon Quest games in the genre unless they do one for another franchise I really love.
I'm not sure where you stand on Persona as a series but P5S was imo leaps and bounds ahead of anything else with Omega Force's name attached to it, although it's more of an action RPG than a proper "warriors" game.

I followed a bad platinum guide for P4G shortly after it launched back on the vita which had me miss a book I needed to read towards the end of the game. This was on my second playthrough and I haven't had the heart/interest to return to it since then. It's not nearly skippable enough for me (P5 majorly improved on this thankfully)

Is Neptunia x Senran Kagura more of a Neptunia game or a Senran Kagura game?

Is Neptunia x Senran Kagura more of a Neptunia game or a Senran Kagura game?
Tamsoft is developing it, the same people who made all the Senran games, and the trailers show a lot of hack and slash gameplay, so it's going to be way more like Senran. Think Neptunia U or Blanc and Nep vs Zombies.

Tamsoft is developing it, the same people who made all the Senran games, and the trailers show a lot of hack and slash gameplay, so it's going to be way more like Senran. Think Neptunia U or Blanc and Nep vs Zombies.
Thank you because the Neptunia wiki lists Compile Heart, Tamsoft and Acquire as developers so I didn't know what to think. I never liked anything by Compile Heart but I quite like the SK series so I was concerned.

I'm not sure where you stand on Persona as a series but P5S was imo leaps and bounds ahead of anything else with Omega Force's name attached to it, although it's more of an action RPG than a proper "warriors" game.
Yeah, I've come to terms that even though I want to be into the SMT and Persona stuff (and I've bought many of the games through the years as they got cheap)... I'm just not into them. My oldest son is a massive fan of Persona and showed me P5S on his pc. It looked really good but I know it's not for me.

I appreciate the thought... but yeah, I've done a pretty thorough job researching and testing games out to make sure that when it comes to Musou, only the DQ and Zelda stuff is my thing. Other games I've tried? Pirate Warriors 4 & Warriors of Orochi 4 Ultimate on Switch. I own a few others that I never got around to playing but like PW4 and WoO4 were cheap when I got them... so it's no big deal. Just more stuff to eventually sell on.

Ok, imma bout to hit y'all with a really stupid question...how do I add something to my wishlist on the Ifi online store? I want to add the Nep x Senran special edition, so I can keep track of it, and even though the listing tells me to add it, there's no button or anything to do so. I tried different browsers, logging out and back in, but still nothing. Other listings lack the button, too. I just created my account, so is it because I'm too new? Thanks!

Ok, imma bout to hit y'all with a really stupid question...how do I add something to my wishlist on the Ifi online store? I want to add the Nep x Senran special edition, so I can keep track of it, and even though the listing tells me to add it, there's no button or anything to do so. I tried different browsers, logging out and back in, but still nothing. Other listings lack the button, too. I just created my account, so is it because I'm too new? Thanks!
Looks like this for me, and I think I was able to Wishlist it without even logging in and it saved it.

Screenshot_20210824-183347_Chrome.jpg

Looks like this for me, and I think I was able to Wishlist it without even logging in and it saved it.
Holy moly, that was a journey. I tried on mobile, only to find no Wishlist button, so I tried Duck Duck Go, which I use in situations like these when it seems like the internet is just against me. I go on the product page and there it is! So, before tapping the button, I decide to log in, you know to do this all proper-like. Well, lo and behold, the button is gone. I log back out, button still gone. I tap the fire icon to obliterate my cache, go back on the site, and the button is still gone. But then, after I dismissed a random pop-up from the browser, the button appeared! I tapped, the site asked me if I wanted to log in to save my Wishlist, I did so, and there it is, finally! So, thank you for the help. It was way more complicated than it needed to be, for some stupid reason.

Goddammit, just let me buy my boobie ninja game already, Idea Factory.

Yeah, I've come to terms that even though I want to be into the SMT and Persona stuff (and I've bought many of the games through the years as they got cheap)... I'm just not into them.
I totally understand the whole "trying" to like a series (if we have to "try" that hard then probably we already know lol). I've spent a lot of money and time trying to like Zelda but now I accept that it just isn't for me. Same with the Trails series.

Trails series wise which ones did you play? As each trilogy duology quadrilogy is different. From a writing standpoint I definitely found it lacking in reason. But gameplay wise I felt cold steel was modern and new player friendly.

I've only played cold steel 1 and 2 though as I read that the unlocalized titles are important for playing the 3rd and 4th ones.

Finished Caligula Effect Overdose tonight and I enjoyed it. The combat is okay and most of the enemy/game design was pretty bad and the story was okay at best. The individual character episodes were fantastic though and the music is S tier. I also just started the anime and it seems like the direction is way better than the game. I am hearing a lot of praise for Caligula 2 so I am looking forward to that when it comes out. 

Bravely Default II is $29.99 on amazon today.  I have something to pick up at best buy so I think I'm going to attempt a pm while there to get the random coasters as well.

Trails series wise which ones did you play?
I played some of the first Sky game and found it entirely too slow, ugly and archaic to stay with. I find I care about story/characters/writing less and less as I get older, so no amount of that for me will compensate for boring/lackluster gameplay. I also played about 10 hours of Cold Steel (and own CSII on vita) before deciding it just wasn't for me. I accept it as a "me" thing rather than a problem with the series.

One of my coworkers is playing through the entire series currently and gushes about its writing and worldbuilding fervently, but never about its gameplay, which solidifies my impression.

Did Disaster Report 4 get a reprint? I kind of remember a discussion on it a while back but went to list my COVID summer cart only copy and there are new copies flooded all over eBay. 

Wish KT would print some of their games outside of Ryza. 

Did Disaster Report 4 get a reprint? I kind of remember a discussion on it a while back but went to list my COVID summer cart only copy and there are new copies flooded all over eBay.

Looks like it. I think the Switch version got reprinted some time before the PS4 version did.

I played some of the first Sky game and found it entirely too slow, ugly and archaic to stay with. I find I care about story/characters/writing less and less as I get older, so no amount of that for me will compensate for boring/lackluster gameplay. I also played about 10 hours of Cold Steel (and own CSII on vita) before deciding it just wasn't for me. I accept it as a "me" thing rather than a problem with the series.

One of my coworkers is playing through the entire series currently and gushes about its writing and worldbuilding fervently, but never about its gameplay, which solidifies my impression.
I really liked cold steels gameplay since it's similar to arc the lad 4s and atelier Ayesha (minus being able to manually control positioning in Ayesha)

It's fast and offers a lot of customization. Not that you need the optimized setup since it's pretty easy in 1 and 2. Well besides technically unwinnable battles that are winnable if you are leveled up and decked out.

But I can see not liking it if you preferred a non braindead challenge.

The older I get the less patient I am with games that I'm not loving the experience of.  Tails of Vesperia was near perfect but I hated the battle system and couldn't finish it.   Sometimes it's best to just cut your losses.   The one major benefit is my backlog this year has shrank considerably as I've moved games to the sale pile that I don't want to play (often after trying them), played games I really love (and much of the time as I get them), and I've gotten even pickier about what I buy (I was already picky as hell, now I'm even pickier).   Hopefully sometime in the next couple months I can get to selling stuff so I can see my collection finally start to shrink down to what I really love the most.   I'm not that I'm aiming for a specific number... but I'd love it if my collection was less than 100 games... though I'll need to play a lot more and make some other serious decisions for that to happen.

Time is limited. You may feel bad for paying for a game maybe full price or discounted, but if you don't feel it why waste time on it? I don't believe in the time cost fallacy, as time is a currency of sorts as well. I give up on media or even people at times (why waste time with ultra negative people or such), so I don't see it as a bad thing. I sell games unopened that I may have wanted to play or put into my backlog at one time, but now they're not important or wont get played. I wish my collection of things period was under 100 and full of things I love, but I whittle more at it everyday. Life is too short to waste time on things that you find average or below average. Just my personal philosophy. I generally am more picky about game buying (other than bundles with a game or two I want), because I know games drop in price most of the time, and some are just not amazing. I still do support most visual novel translators and developers, but that's so niche and doesn't get as many games. I still skip most nukiges and all and am picky about otome games, but I like supporting the nichest of the niche. I also find the stories and such fun, and they work as novels or sorts (visual novels duh!), plus I read them very quickly.

The way I look at time now is  that I maybe have three solid decades left of following gaming and playing regularly.  After that who knows what my eyesight will allow let alone my hand eye coordination.    So I need to play what I think is the best and forget the rest.   I'm already noticing that I don't enjoy small screen gaming like I used to.  I still have some great games I want to play.  So much of that will need to happen sooner rather than after retirement in ~13 years :O

So the less I pick up now, the more I can enjoy what I enjoy and I can still have attention to follow whats coming out that falls into my niche.

A good example, today Bravely Default 2 is $30 on amazon for switch.  I played a few hours of the demo and mostly enjoyed it.  I thought I might grab it when it was cheap... but it's been long enough now and I've played so many truly exceptional games since then (at least by my standards) that I can't bring myself to buy it as it didn't really bring me enough joy to be a must buy.   So money saved towards something I'll fully appreciate getting.

In October we have Metroid Dread releasing.  I've always been a huge Metroid fan but I think I've only ever finished the first game on NES (dozens of times as it was one of the few games I owned as a kid before I got a job), Fusion on GBA (once), the first Prime game (once, and I'm not 100% sure), and I'm fairly sure I the DS Prime game (Prime Hunters).  I've bought, I think, all of the games through the years except Federation Force ... some have been played... a few like Other M & Samus Returns are still sealed.   I need to make a decision on that franchise.  Dread looks really great and I am more prone to play games on the switch... but I've had Nintendo Online since December and it's not really pushed me to finally finish Super Metroid (which I also have on the original SNES, my SNES Classic, and maybe even on 3DS Eshop).   So maybe I need to walk away from the franchise.    I know there's no rush to get Dread at launch but it's the next game on my VERY short list of stuff coming out this year that I was wanting to get at/near launch and play immediately.

Yeah pretty much the only stuff I'm getting at launch for the rest of the year is probably SMT V (been waiting for a while on this and always buy these games as they come out) and Battlefeels 20whatever, which will be my main multiplayer game with friends for a few months I'm guessing on release. I may get Mary Skelter Finale and Blue Reflection sequel, although I haven't finished either prequel. May just for physical shortages mainly with Blue Reflection. I do love magical girls though, so that will be an eventual buy. I know I'm not super interested in either of the AKSYS Otome for the rest of this year (Olympia Soiree I believe and some Ninja one), so I'll likely wait for price drops. I'm just more realistic with my time and how long it takes me to play games. I know I wont be able to beat every RPG I own or which will come out in the future, as well any other games.

Hmm tales of arise, Pokemon pearl diamond and Arceus, digimon survive and elden ring are my preordered stuff. I'm planning on trying to get toa started after finishing up p5 vanilla. But I might just temp drop it\take a break from p5 and possibly come back to it later (yeah because that worked out so well for legend of dragoon).I still need to get around to disgaea 6, ryza 1 and 2, neo twewy, Ys 9 and re zero.

It's too bad I can't remote play p5 with my vita since I could get a portion of it done during my commute to work every day. For my current portable game I've been playing Pokemon snap. I also played a little bit of pearl original today and can't figure out how to get the other areas to open up. Which is irritating since they have boats blocking the one area. Npcs blocking 2 exits near the battle tower and the one park building is quote still getting ready.

Koei Tecmo also needs to reprint some of the Attack on Titan 2 Final Battle copies. Yikes.

Finished Samurai Warriors 5 the other night, or rather, I did everything in the game I felt like doing. Got both Nobunaga and Mitsuhide's story endings, but only did around half of the Citadel missions and only two of the Reverie (what-if) scenarios. The materials needed from the Citadel mode to upgrade your dojo/blacksmith/shop/stables pulled a mobile game and went from requiring like 80 lumber/metal/fabric to like 300 in one level. Then it was 300 to 800! I'm not grinding your garbage tower defense crap mode for that. I'm surprised Koei doesn't sell packs of materials for real money. The Musou mode stories unfortunately never got better and I felt little investment in any of the characters (though the villain was surprisingly cool, despite his motivations being a little sketchy). Finally, my biggest complaint was the lack of weapons. You guys cut the roster in half from the last game, you couldn't have given everyone their own, unique weapon and moveset? Hell, I don't even care about the 10 extra characters that were essentially unique NPCs. Just give the 27 main guys their own weapons! I sort of forced myself to complete this game because I was getting so bored with it, and that was due in large part to having to play with the same weapons over and over. I think, as a video game, it's a 6/10, but as a Warriors game, it's like a 5/10. To quote the great chef Gordon Ramsay, "Damn, what a shame."

Anyway, back to Persona 4 Golden. I made Nanako blush like three times last night. Love this game lol
Same here.

The game is missing something, not sure what it is though. I beat it with Nobunaga and Mitsuhide and just gave up after. Too much grinding, and this is coming from someone who actually likes grinding to get beefed up.

Most of the weapons are trash compared to the Katana and Nodachi.

The weapon builder is awful compared to most the DW games. The attributes don't feel like they do anything. You could have frost, earth, attack, range, etc. and won't notice a thing.

I started playing One Piece Pirate Warriors 4, and holy shit this game is fucking awesome. The graphics, combat, leveling up are all top notch. Complete opposite of SW5.

Same here.

The game is missing something, not sure what it is though. I beat it with Nobunaga and Mitsuhide and just gave up after. Too much grinding, and this is coming from someone who actually likes grinding to get beefed up.

Most of the weapons are trash compared to the Katana and Nodachi.

The weapon builder is awful compared to most the DW games. The attributes don't feel like they do anything. You could have frost, earth, attack, range, etc. and won't notice a thing.

I started playing One Piece Pirate Warriors 4, and holy shit this game is fucking awesome. The graphics, combat, leveling up are all top notch. Complete opposite of SW5.
Is it better than PW3 (it might have been PW2, I remember Fujitora was in it)? I liked it, but I was just grinding forever with every character and then grinding the support because I wanted the Plat. I had the wrong info on what the reqs were and didn't want all my previous grinding to go to waste so I kept going at it. Really would like to not do that again.

bread's done
Back