Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
blargh I forgot the copy of prelude to the fallen I own is the eu one I imported back when na copies were oop. So I went and bought the atuy dlc for it and can't use it since it's na regions dlc for an eu region game. You'd think that the games dlc page wouldn't let you go to it when the disc is obviously not the same region.
Rough. I guess you could try to contact psn and just ask for a refund due to incompatible version. Though the one time I had to contact them with a weird situation like this, they took a long time to review it and ultimately said no.

Incidentally, I wanted a chill VN to play through on steam deck so I'm going through Deception again right now. Enjoying it but keep wondering why are they drinking such a ridiculous amount of tea. Looking forward to the physical release of Monochrome.

They drink a lot in these games that is for sure. 

It is my own fault so I'll just take the loss. maybe I'll go insane someday and buy the na version.

JAST USA has their Summer sale going on until July 9th. Their site is extremely NSFW and very Paypal friendly.

They also released the Onigokko! FanDisc which has a launch sale of 15% off. The original is great and is also on sale.

Shiravune released NUKITASHI on Steam and Johren with a 20% off launch sale. This game is HIGHLY censored on Steam without the patch.

Steam

Steam 18+ Patch

Johren

Anime-Expo is next week so expect me to post many announcements. Enjoy these two releases and My Little Sister's Special Place coming out tomorrow! This will have an 18+ patch on Denpasoft.

Every game includes a full driver stack and pre-compiled shaders for it. If you change the hardware, those are no longer compatible.
Just focusing on this one thing... they've already changed to an updated processor with slightly different specs. Some games I believe already have the code built in to go 4k and take advantage of better hardware. So I think it's plausible they are planning ahead. Maybe Switch Pro or Switch 2 or something along these lines. IF it doesn't have BC then it seems silly them developing games with the ability to adapt to better hardware. Also of course Nvidia will do custom work for Nintendo. They already have done that and it seems like that was a good money maker for all involved.

But it really depends on what they decide for the next system.

New chapter in the convoluted NISA store stuff:
I am now being required to re-submit an existing preorder on their new system.  Stock is cancelled if not done by 7/21.  Just a heads up.

Problem is, I still can't sign in past the day they previously said data migration would be completed (Friday last week).  Current banner on site says "Customer Account access emails will be sent once all preorder confirmation emails are delivered."  So am I supposed to make a new account or just wait?  Are my rewards points gone?

Yeesh, the NISA store used to be actually good.

New chapter in the convoluted NISA store stuff:
I am now being required to re-submit an existing preorder on their new system. Stock is cancelled if not done by 7/21. Just a heads up.

Problem is, I still can't sign in past the day they previously said data migration would be completed (Friday last week). Current banner on site says "Customer Account access emails will be sent once all preorder confirmation emails are delivered." So am I supposed to make a new account or just wait? Are my rewards points gone?

Yeesh, the NISA store used to be actually good.
The NISA store was never good, the points system was bugged, you can never cancel / modify orders, if you want to change payment it becomes an entire fiasco.

It needed work, but even with the changed, it still needs work

So am I supposed to make a new account or just wait?
Reading the site, it seems like you wait for the email and they are sending them in order of release date. So, yeah, do nothing until that happens unless you already got the email and can't get it to work.

EDIT:

Adding in, I can't sign in either. I only ever ordered one thing (I think) through them... that was La Mulana 1 & 2 for the switch as it was sold out everywhere else and prices were going up.

Received my Made in Abyss Collector's Edition PS4 from woot today.  It was shipped in a bag, has small dents on the corners, looks like there are tears on 3 of the corners.  I guess it's good enough to keep since it was so cheap.  Amazon sure doesn't care about the condition of collector's editions.

Received my Made in Abyss Collector's Edition PS4 from woot today. It was shipped in a bag, has small dents on the corners, looks like there are tears on 3 of the corners. I guess it's good enough to keep since it was so cheap. Amazon sure doesn't care about the condition of collector's editions.
Amazon doesn't care about the condition of ANYTHING. You'll get books in padded mailers all bent up, action figures all beaten up, collector's editions (don't do it there) all scratched and such, and whatever else. Most of the time they just put it in smallest thing that can handle it even if it means a higher chance of damage. For wires and junk like that it's fine, but yeah I wouldn't use them much for collectors anything.

Received my Made in Abyss Collector's Edition PS4 from woot today. It was shipped in a bag, has small dents on the corners, looks like there are tears on 3 of the corners. I guess it's good enough to keep since it was so cheap. Amazon sure doesn't care about the condition of collector's editions.
i had to get return mine cause the one i got was torn open.... dont understand if they just sent me one from warehouse or they didnt bother checking it before shipping

Crosspost my other post in CE thread
4e0f58fff528a0ea932e2a86aa28309e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I had a preorder for the Disgaea glasses and coasters, and received an email today with a link to re-order it and get it on their new system.

My email said "all preorders will be held until July 21st", I don't know if that's just my items or all the orders being transferred.

I had a preorder for the Disgaea glasses and coasters, and received an email today with a link to re-order it and get it on their new system.

My email said "all preorders will be held until July 21st", I don't know if that's just my items or all the orders being transferred.
I've received the same email for two items that were previously shipped plus one upcoming release.

Nukitashi 18+ eroge review:

Nukitashi has a wacky premise where the main character and his sister move back to an island after their parents die in an accident. The island is a sex crazed paradise where you can have it in public and request it of others, and others can't deny or shouldn't deny. The main character and sister hate these circumstances and they go to school trying to live a normalish life. Of course with the crazy stuff going they try to fight the forced sex, as they're both virgins. If you don't take in the pleasures of the island, it is punishable by immediate sex or worse. The premise is wild, but after a while you get used to it and it becomes part of the game, similar to Majikoi and the fighting. This story goes many places and I will not ruin any of them, but there is a lot of comedy and drama. Lots of characters are important as well.

The voice acting and graphics are excellent. This is great art with many expression changes. These are both top notch and even the music is really nice.

Overall it took me around 14 hours and 48 minutes to fully complete the game. I fell asleep with it on so this may have some time added to it (I already took off around 3 hours of sleeping time from my Steam account time). This is very, very fast for this game, but I generally read very quickly. The routes are all very long and deal with characters you get to know more about. Like many games there is a true ending, but I wont spoil anything. There is a lot to this game, and it wont be played as much as other games because of the mass amount of perversion in the setting of the game and many characters. It's an interesting look at what perversion and sexual acts could do if they were just everywhere and part of most parts of your life. The main character is kind of annoying to start, but doesn't stay that way. All characters are deeper than they seem at first.

This overall is a very good visual novel which can take up to 50+ hours to complete according to VNDB. For slower readers I'd likely add about 10 or so hours to the reading time for about 25 hours or something. If you want to hear every voiced line probably add another few hours. This is very much like Majikoi and has strong characters in a wacky world both figuratively and literally. I would only recommend to people who can stomach lots of 18+ situations everywhere, but it's worth it. The sequel is already confirmed to be licensed and coming at some future time. 8/10

I did watch the first season of Villainess and it was fluffy fun, so I'll probably check out the game and eventually season 2 as well.

Anyone else having trouble changing their region and currency? For some reason, even though I'm logged in, my region and currency are JP even though language is English. I try to click to change them but it just returns back to JP region/currency.
I went to look at the sale and then the "view all" option which loads the usual store page and everything was correct for me and I'm not currently logged in.

I'm super tempted to throw in the multi-language Super Mario RPG since it's so much cheaper,  I'm just wondering if getting that one rather than the purely English version will bite me in the ass later

I'm super tempted to throw in the multi-language Super Mario RPG since it's so much cheaper, I'm just wondering if getting that one rather than the purely English version will bite me in the ass later
This seems like a case where the game will just be the game and there won't be dlc or other stuff to worry about. The main issue might be if there are any bugs how long it takes for the bugs for that version to get updates.

For myself, i think I'll just stick with the snes classic and play that way or emulate.

This seems like a case where the game will just be the game and there won't be dlc or other stuff to worry about. The main issue might be if there are any bugs how long it takes for the bugs for that version to get updates.

For myself, i think I'll just stick with the snes classic and play that way or emulate.
Plan to pick up SM RPG later on -- but will just stick with getting the NA release. I (usually) reserve PlayAsia buys for titles that don't release in NA.

I love that the player in this trailer is just telling everyone to F off given the choice lol

Anime-Expo various localization announcements:

Denpasoft may have something, but they didn't post anything from their panel on their site or Twitter.

Sekai Project do have Alice Escaped coming out for consoles Q3 2023. They also have HAPPY SAINT SHEOL (VNDB NSFW) coming out Q4 2023 with a demo in Q3 2023.

They announced Loop Loop Room some puzzle game and NEKO-NIN exHeart coming to Switch Q4 2023.

Neko-nin exHeart SPIN! (VNDB NSFW) is in development also.

They have Chocola and Vanilla plushes up for order, but be sure to get your order in, as it wont be made without enough orders. They are $29.99 each and I'm getting both. I love Chocola more, but like the Figmas I own, I can't separate the two.

Chocola Plush Campaign Pre-order

Vanilla Plush Campaign Pre-order

Mangagamer is next with 4 announcements:

Beat Valkyrie Ixseal from Alicesoft

DEAD DAYS from CLOCKUP!

Hana Awase - New Moon, a hanafuda-themed otome title from HuneX and WoGa

Welcome to a Sexy, Open World! from Moonstone Cherry

Beat Valykrie Ixseal (VNDB NSFW) has the main character being a reincarnation of a demon king. He is attacked by Ixseal and betrayed by Bezel sealing away his powers other than lust. Bezel also manages to trap Ixseal on earth and to combat this demon army they must power up the mc by lust. This looks like a slightly lighter hearted Alicesoft game, and their RPG games are generally very good. A buy for sure.

DEAD DAYS (VNDB NSFW) has a bunch of characters meet in a place who awoke there and are supposed to be dead. A mysterious entity offers them extended life, but it is under a condition that must eliminate specters. Their newfound power also gives them a higher libido. CLOCKUP are known for lots of eroge scenes and some slightly brutal games. I'll play this for sure on release as it sound interesting.

Hana Awase - New Moon (VNDB NSFW) has something about Hanafunda and a girl and powers. I'm not one hundred percent sure, but it's an otome with beautiful art, and could be cool.

Welcome to a Sexy, Open World! (VNDB NSFW) has the main character get in an accident and is transported to a parallel world of Laurentide. There is a prophecy there that someone coming from another world will give the seed that ends the era of war. Of course many women there want to bear this seed and many hijinks ensue. This looks like a fun nukige so I'm all in when it comes out.

JAST Blue announced Masquerade: Hell Academy (VNDB NSFW) & Paradise from  PIL/SLASH. I'm not into BL titles, but these look pretty high quality.

JAST USA  announced six new titles:

Djibril (VNDB NSFW) from Frontwing

Goblins on the March: Breed All Humans! (VNDB NSFW) from CHAOS-R & FREAK STRIKE

Mojika: Truth Rears Its Ugly Head (VNDB NSFW) from Nitroplus

Sisters: Last Day of Summer (VNDB NSFW) from Jellyfish

Yamizome Liberator (VNDB NSFW) from Escu:de

Yomegami: My Sweet Goddess! (VNDB NSFW) from ALcot

Djibril has a couple confess and start going out. Some guy appears and says he's the devil and tries to take the girl away. An angel appears and protects them from the devil. She is weakened in battle and says angels and devils have been fighting for a while and she will lend her power to the girl. Another girl who was jealous when the confession happens gets tempted by the devil. It is a bit old, but looks entertaining.

Goblins on the March has some guy driving a truck and has an accident leading him to another world. In it he meet a goblin who says he should do it with some girl. He is then caught up in a war there. I may get this as it has strategy elements with visual novel elements.

Mojika has the main character being bullied constantly and he has a power called Mojika where if he is within a range of 120 cm he can see the true intentions through text called Moji. He always has his eyes downcast to avoid this power. When his crush fake confesses to him he decides to enact revenge to those who look down upon him. This is compared to Euphoria, and is very likely very dark and not for the faint of heart. I am curious about it, and the art is excellent, so I'll play it, but this isn't my usual visual novel.

Sisters is simple and is a story about a guy who meets two sisters and their mother in a rural town. This is another older title and has animated drama and eroge scenes. I like older games so this is right up my alley.

Yamizome Liberator is about a hero who defeated a demon lord and wanted to go to earth with a goddess. He was sent back to Earth, but the goddess didn't join him. After trying to save a friend, he notices he has the demon lords soul and the goddess gives some girls power in order to take him down. He will work to corrupt the girls to get magical power for himself and also earn his harem. This one is not really my style, but looks alright.

Yomegami has the main character be a reincarnation of a devil who rampaged in the past, and his mother is a reincarnation of a goddess. She says as long as he does good deeds he will be able to return to the world of gods. He steals a kiss from a girl and feels bad about it and wants to apologize. Some dog-eared girl appears and causes a bigger ruckus to occur. This is likely a very cute romantic comedy erorge and I will likely like it. Easy buy on release.

Since it's better to get all the announcements, and I know people love Neptunia, Idea Factory International had some other announcements.

First of all Neptunia Game Maker R:Evolution the next in the series is coming.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAE-Mr9_ZxA[/media]

Xbox is getting the last Neptunia game Neptunia: Sisters vs. Sisters.

They're also releasing another otome Sympathy Kiss. The main character isn't super happy in her job as an app designer, specifically a news app. It isn't doing as well, even being less used than other apps in the company. It is given one last chance, and she and her coworkers must work to save it. I like otome games overall and this is an easy buy.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK8cSHJotbQ[/media]

They're also releasing another otome Sympathy Kiss. The main character isn't super happy in her job as an app designer, specifically a news app. It isn't doing as well, even being less used than other apps in the company. It is given one last chance, and she and her coworkers must work to save it. I like otome games overall and this is an easy buy.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK8cSHJotbQ[/media]
I like otome too, but hate ones with eyeless heroines in the artwork. So I’m torn on this one.

Prelude to the fallen has a few wholesome cute scenes sprinkled about in it that I feel like atelier series could take some pointers from. Especially the one with the sisters, camyu and yuzuha napping under a tree with the kitty.

I typically don't mind the slice of life segments in this series or re zero compared to the boring and stupid ones atelier ayesha had.

I'm pretty sure those who've gotten Trails into Reverie shipping emails did the "complete your purchase" step without waiting for the account-login email like you and I.
I did this, but no e-mail yet. I did not complete my purchase of trails to azure cause I already paid for that thing months ago. Wonder if that is causing an issue?

River City: Rival Showdown (Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari SP) is getting a physical multi language release in Japan on PS4 and Switch.  Amiami mentions an original soundtrack DX Pre-order Bonus, not sure if playasia is giving those out.  It will be released digitally in North America.

Atlus PS4 reprint

https://twitter.com/VideoGamesPlus_/status/1677053027411271681

bread's done
Back