Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's okay.  It's still kind of excited.

My fiancee will be getting SMT IV, EOU and SMT: Devil Summoner, all the special editions.  

I think I may have screwed this Christmas up by buying her things I'd be excited to get, not necessarily things she'll be excited to get.  :/  She also gets my hand-me-down 3DS.

hmmphhh...  I will have to do better next year.  And maybe just buy her one game next year (Bravely Default!).

just get and play the ps2 version of persona 4 as its perfectly playable and that's what I did. the vita version has skill selection during fusion (which could save time spent stupidly refreshing in the velvet room) skill cards and rebalanced the characters a little but its not worth going out to get a vita for. now p3p on the other hand....

Indian curry is the best, followed by Thai curry, and then Japanese curry.

Garlic naan and chicken tikka masala man, good stuff.
I don't like a lot of coconut milk in my curry, so Thai is usually last on my list.

Plan on playing the curry game sooner rather than later, and I'll let people know what I think, as a dungeon crawler/rogue-like fan.

mmmmmmmmmm coconut milk...

I'd love to try some Japanese curry, but I'm vegetarian, and I've never been able to find any without meat (not that I've had much opportunity to look!).

I think I must like Thai curry so much because of the coconut milk, but I really really love Indian curry too.  mmmm  Gosh this thread is killing me.

I prefer the PSP version, but that could be because I played the heck out of the original and FES and enjoy the change.  Never liked that extra stuff.  Can't even remember what it was called.

Of course, one could just play everything in order of release.  Twice.  Maybe there are those who think the original Persona 3 is best.  I heard someone made an emulator patch that puts high-resolution genitals on everyone's foreheads and makes a dancing cat in a dress pop up at every loading screen.

mmmmmmmmmm coconut milk...

I'd love to try some Japanese curry, but I'm vegetarian, and I've never been able to find any without meat (not that I've had much opportunity to look!).

I think I must like Thai curry so much because of the coconut milk, but I really really love Indian curry too. mmmm Gosh this thread is killing me.
It's np to make Japanese Curry w/o meat. The differences are mainly the roux and the apple. This is pretty close to how I make it - http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/06/how-to-make-japanese-curry-rice-from-scratch-recipe.html and even suggests it with tofu too :) Japanese is by far my favorite curry, the sweet and spicy is awesome! Thai is my second favorite curry lol, I love the coconut milk too :drool: .

I use the curry blocks...  usually I do 2 different brand of block with different level of spiciness and then add that curry powder for a little extra kick.

hate beans in my curry, I usually do a ton of onion/carrot/potatoe and I usually do onions in 2 stages, some go in early so it is almost translucent and some later for a little more texture.

I don't particularly like thai curry... ya, not into that coconut in my curry deal.

Wish this game is about hayashi rice tho, my favorite. make it with blocks just like curry but squeeze in even more ketchup. so yummy.

Gamestop.com has it in stock too I believe. Probably gonna order one myself soon, thought that second wave of copies would have lasted longer. (Or I'll just grab one at Fry's since I'm moving near one)
Yeah me too. I was initially hoping for a price drop on Hatsune, but might be forced to secure a copy if they don't print more.

Do you think Hatsune Miku will last a few weeks or would it be wiser to secure a copy asap?'

I would rather wait till xmas to grab it but if it may sell out, I will grab it now.

Singaporean chicken curry is the best curry there is. Then katong laksa. Then nyonya style laksa. Then fish head curry. Then lamb rogan josh. Then Indian chicken curry. Then chicken vindaloo. Then Malaysian curry laksa. Then asam laksa. Then thai red curry, then mussaman curry, then thai yellow curry, then thai green curry.

Japanese curry isn't really curry. It's more of a curry-flavored stew. It's good, but it's not curry.

It's np to make Japanese Curry w/o meat. The differences are mainly the roux and the apple. This is pretty close to how I make it - http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/06/how-to-make-japanese-curry-rice-from-scratch-recipe.html and even suggests it with tofu too :) Japanese is by far my favorite curry, the sweet and spicy is awesome! Thai is my second favorite curry lol, I love the coconut milk too :drool: .

I use the curry blocks... usually I do 2 different brand of block with different level of spiciness and then add that curry powder for a little extra kick.

hate beans in my curry, I usually do a ton of onion/carrot/potatoe and I usually do onions in 2 stages, some go in early so it is almost translucent and some later for a little more texture.

I don't particularly like thai curry... ya, not into that coconut in my curry deal.

Wish this game is about hayashi rice tho, my favorite. make it with blocks just like curry but squeeze in even more ketchup. so yummy.
Oh man. You guys are awesome. I am now inspired to try making curry. I'm scared. I am a terrible cook.

Man, all this talk about curry... I must be living the dream here in Japan, where the curry flows like really thick, delicious wine.
Have you ever had vegetarian Japanese curry?? I was really excited once, because I was traveling and found .... uh... one of those Japanese curry chains. I forget what it's called. I want to say Ichiban Curry or something but I know that is probably not it. :) Anyway, they had a mushroom curry, and I was soooo excited, but then I realized it was still a beef base. :( This was here in the US, though; I've never been to actual Japan.

Singaporean chicken curry is the best curry there is. Then katong laksa. Then nyonya style laksa. Then fish head curry. Then lamb rogan josh. Then Indian chicken curry. Then chicken vindaloo. Then Malaysian curry laksa. Then asam laksa. Then thai red curry, then mussaman curry, then thai yellow curry, then thai green curry.

Japanese curry isn't really curry. It's more of a curry-flavored stew. It's good, but it's not curry.
MMmmmmmm, curry-flavored stew...

I don't think I've ever tried Singaporean curry, or anything Sinaporean. Have you ever had vegetarian Singaporean curry?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003VR5PPY/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

for whoever that was looking for 999 they have a g for 12 bucks. not as good as my ln that was 10 but its something if you don't care about getting it new.
Missed it. Really tempted to just buy a new copy to keep sealed for the alternate box art.

I have never done that with any of my games before. I always intend to play them.

That reminds me, I should hit up thecoverproject and I should request the alternate artwork for 999.

With all this talk of curry I feel there is a Red Dwarf joke to be had, but I can't think of one. So instead I suggest just watching Red Dwarf. :)

Woot my Sorcery Saga LE shipped, set to arrive tomorrow with about 2 other packages. Gonna be a good day ^_^
Play it right away and give us some impressions! If it's good, I think I want to grab it this week while it's new and support it. If it ain't that great, I'll wait for a decent sale. :)

i only see one that is preowned/used for sale on bestbuy.com
I don't think it was available outside of store pickup. I had been watching for used copies for weeks now. (Never showed up in my area.)

MMmmmmmm, curry-flavored stew...

I don't think I've ever tried Singaporean curry, or anything Sinaporean. Have you ever had vegetarian Singaporean curry?
Never seen any, actually, but I'm sure it'd be good if somebody experienced made it. Honestly, the chicken is the least appealing part of chicken curry (not that it isn't good!). The curry itself, the potatoes, and dipping bread in the curry are just so awesome that the chicken kinda pales in comparison.

Not sure how it would taste if you didn't cook the chicken in with the rest of the curry, though, if you want to avoid all contact with meat. It could still be really good for all I know, but I'm really just not sure.

Never seen any, actually, but I'm sure it'd be good if somebody experienced made it. Honestly, the chicken is the least appealing part of chicken curry (not that it isn't good!). The curry itself, the potatoes, and dipping bread in the curry are just so awesome that the chicken kinda pales in comparison.

Not sure how it would taste if you didn't cook the chicken in with the rest of the curry, though, if you want to avoid all contact with meat. It could still be really good for all I know, but I'm really just not sure.
That's how I do it. When I'm making Japanese curry, I use the blocks as well, like most Japanese/Taiwanese. But mine has celery as well, which wasabi didn't mention. I'd usually cook the chicken when I'm cooking the carrots and onions, and pull out the chicken so it doesn't get overcooked. I add it back in when you add in the curry blocks. Sometimes, when we don't feel like using chicken, we just cook lentil on the side and put that in instead.

And Singaporean/Malaysian curry isn't much different from other Southeast Asian curries, with a lot of coconut milk. Although Singapore curry noodles is way up there in my favorites.

Got my replacement copy of Sweet Fuse (psp) from Amazon and it is the same as before.

Sketchy shrink wrap and no necklace.

booo

Seems like the price is back up to $29.

It anyone wants this for $20, let me know.

Otherwise, I'll send it back to Amazon for a refund.

[attachment=1416:upper.JPG]

[attachment=1417:top.JPG]

[attachment=1415:front.JPG]

Got my replacement copy of Sweet Fuse (psp) from Amazon and it is the same as before.

booo

I have to ask, why do you think the shrink wrap is sketchy?

I have to ask, why do you think the shrink wrap is sketchy?
It doesn't look factory sealed.

I have at least 20 sealed psp games in my collection and they're sealed differently.

Both copies of Sweet Fuse (the original and the replacement) look like that so I'm guessing the seal is like that for this game.

I don't care for the seal but I want that necklace.

Guess I need to buy a copy off ebay or wait for a sale on arksys store.

Since it'll probably be the last Japanese-based PSP game published (that's non-Gaijinworks) does that really warrant it fancy, most likely more expensive wrapping? It's a risk title already, I'm sure they had to cut costs.

Also possible that the necklaces are gone, too.

For what it's worth, my copy of Sweet Fuse that I got day 1 had that same shrink wrap. I think it's just a cheaper shrink wrap they use to save money, because I noticed that a lot of the reprints of games (especially niche titles) will occasionally have the same shrink wrap, and all of those I've had come from Amazon or GameStop. Heck, even the copy of Battlefield 4 on PS4 that I bought from Target had that same weird shrink wrap now that I think about it. Also, yeah, I think the only way to get the necklace at this point is by ordering the game from Aksys themselves.

booo

attachicon.gif
upper.JPG

attachicon.gif
top.JPG

attachicon.gif
front.JPG
I remember that's how No More Heroes Paradise was sealed when it came new. I guess it's the type of shrink wrap they choose?

booo

attachicon.gif
upper.JPG

attachicon.gif
top.JPG

attachicon.gif
front.JPG
That is the correct factory seal for copies with the necklace inside. Did you actually open your copy to check for the necklace?

For what it's worth, my copy of Sweet Fuse that I got day 1 had that same shrink wrap. I think it's just a cheaper shrink wrap they use to save money, because I noticed that a lot of the reprints of games (especially niche titles) will occasionally have the same shrink wrap, and all of those I've had come from Amazon or GameStop. Heck, even the copy of Battlefield 4 on PS4 that I bought from Target had that same weird shrink wrap now that I think about it. Also, yeah, I think the only way to get the necklace at this point is by ordering the game from Aksys themselves.
Yeah, even the same game can have two different wrappings, both factory sealed. The latest I noticed was DMC for ps3 (I managed to find one with the folds, and the rest were non-folded). There aren't many variations they use....

That is the correct factory seal for copies with the necklace inside. Did you actually open your copy to check for the necklace?
It is still sealed.

If I remember correctly, in the past, all of my freebie bonuses were outside the case.

humm... I wonder if it is really inside.

I tried to look through the plastic when I first got it but didn't see anything.

I'll open it up later tonight.

I'm going to laugh if it is really inside the case.

Update:
Negative, I opened the game and there was no necklace inside the case.

Well I'm a bit ticked off. Got my Sorcery Saga LE in, opened the box up (Which I couldnt even say was a box, more just a cardboard wrap around). And the box of the LE was dented to hell, it was basically flattened as much as the contents inside would allow it to be, along with some stress marks along the sides and a few tiny tears.

Not that I was buying the box for collecting purposes, I still think its a bit messed up I paid for one day shipping and cant even get the item in pristine condition.

Well I'm a bit ticked off. Got my Sorcery Saga LE in, opened the box up (Which I couldnt even say was a box, more just a cardboard wrap around). And the box of the LE was dented to hell, it was basically flattened as much as the contents inside would allow it to be, along with some stress marks along the sides and a few tiny tears.

Not that I was buying the box for collecting purposes, I still think its a bit messed up I paid for one day shipping and cant even get the item in pristine condition.
Was it from Amazon.com?
Yea, they're really bad at mailing out LE/artbooks.

I have complained a bazillion times on the artbooks but Amazon doesn't care

(they still keep sending them out in bubble mailers)

I have gotten so many dented/bent items from them that I pretty much avoid them if possible for fragile items.

I usually keep them if they're only sightly dented in the corner but it is ridiculous.

If I wanted a used item, I would have brought one from ebay/amazon warehouse.

Best Buy/Rakuten/NIS America have been pretty reliable for me.

I ended up ordering one from Aksys directly. Shipping was $10 but I knew Amazon would damage it severely and I will no longer buy CEs from them.

Yeah, in the future I'll try to avoid them, But I have ordered quite a few rarer/similar items from them without an issue.

Actually I guess I misunderstood replacement, they are gonna send me a new copy that will arrive tomorrow, and I have 30 days to send back in my old one. Gonna be pissed if this is just as dented or worse though

glad I ordered my xillia le not from amazon but another seller. though the le is a pretty sturdy box compared to the ce from what I hear.

Was it from Amazon.com?
Yea, they're really bad at mailing out LE/artbooks.

I have complained a bazillion times on the artbooks but Amazon doesn't care

(they still keep sending them out in bubble mailers)

I have gotten so many dented/bent items from them that I pretty much avoid them if possible for fragile items.

I usually keep them if they're only sightly dented in the corner but it is ridiculous.

If I wanted a used item, I would have brought one from ebay/amazon warehouse.

Best Buy/Rakuten/NIS America have been pretty reliable for me.
This is exactly why I'm hoping for Best Buy to get a listing up for the Bravely Default CE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back