Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hakuoki: Stores of Shinsengumi Limited Edition Announced

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/30/hakuoki-stories-shinsengumi-limited-edition-includes-omamori-love-charm/

Mind Eye, A Persona-like Game, announced for Localization. Slated for a Spring Release.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/30/mind-zero-acquires-persona-like-dungeon-crawler-will-localized-west/

I really need to get myself a Vita. -.-
Will get Mind Eye...will wait for an Amazon pre-order though. Hope it's aight.

On a completely unrelated to anything censorship note -

Is Blazblue Continuum Shift II for 3DS a rare game? It appears to be selling for quite a bit on both ebay and Amazon. I noticed that Gamestop has it for 19.99 used, though. I would guess some of their copies were likely converted from new to used at some point because they don't seem to carry new copies anymore.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/blazblue-continuum-shift-ii/90873?affID=77777&sourceID=sO31UgJhSNc-KyZ4qXJkfcQgrGqYHD_46w
Wow, you weren't kidding. Is it really that bad? Seeing the price spike makes me want to grab it, but if it's really crappy..

EDIT:

Looks like it's been this way since at least March of last year. Weird. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/65809393

Well, I finally cracked down and decided to purchase FFXIII-3 Pre-Order on Amazon for the DLCs (Planning to rush 1st play through to sell it back at a high price fast and back track on a couple months for more in-depth completion when price drops and more DLCs release. 

Anyone have experience with Gamestop? I want to Pre-order Aterlier Escha from them for the DLC and leave the game sealed to return after a couple days or so. Not sure how they handle pre-orders with DLCs sent through email. 

I am loving the JRPG fest going on with the Vita.

Saw Mind Zero wasn't exactly the best. I'll tread lightly and wait for actual reviews, but will probably break bank if a neat LE got announced.

I still have minor hopes that Bamco will localize some of their Vita games :(

damn, it must made big bucks for a sequel.
miku is bigger than most ppl think. (disregard the left side of the image).

tumblr_mtbu0mHZLA1qzp9weo1_1280.png

Well, I finally cracked down and decided to purchase FFXIII-3 Pre-Order on Amazon for the DLCs (Planning to rush 1st play through to sell it back at a high price fast and back track on a couple months for more in-depth completion when price drops and more DLCs release.

Anyone have experience with Gamestop? I want to Pre-order Aterlier Escha from them for the DLC and leave the game sealed to return after a couple days or so. Not sure how they handle pre-orders with DLCs sent through email.
Just go do it in store. You'll get your DLC on the receipt. As for online, they'll still take it back. You're honestly fine either way.

Although, I don't see anything on the website about the DLC. Are you sure they are offering something for it?

You have 30 days to return it for a full refund with receipt as long as you keep it sealed.

If you want the DLC just slap $5 on it, pick it up when it comes out for the bonus and return it like you said.

At my location there were a few people who did it with A Link Between Worlds for the Oracle of Seasons download. It happens a lot for them

Just go do it in store. You'll get your DLC on the receipt. As for online, they'll still take it back. You're honestly fine either way.

Although, I don't see anything on the website about the DLC. Are you sure they are offering something for it?
I was thinking the same thing. Im looking into that game too.

Love that it has a male character as a lead.

There is supposed to be a pirate outfit bonus from gamestop and a witch outfit from amazon according to siliconera.  Wonder why GS doesnt have it listed, or amazon for that matter.

Yeah they are suppose to have DLC preorder bonuses

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/10/atelier-escha-logy-bonus-pre-order-costumes-north-america/

I like the Gamestop one cause its 2 costumes.

And I'm not sure what you mean by slap $5 on it. Wasn't the DLC suppose to be free as a pre-order incentive sent through email within 2 days (Or at least that's what is says on the website for DLCs)

I'm guessing the haven't added the DLC details on the website yet since I don't see it on Amazon yet too.

I still have minor hopes that Bamco will localize some of their Vita games :(
NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. just saying it in the nicest possible way I can. the vita flopped hard for them in japan so they have zero interest in localizing them when they know those titles wouldn't make back the money on their localizaton let alone what was lost in jpn. They flat out confirmed that none of the vita games are ever gonna be localized and quite honestly I'd be surprised if tempest r wasn't cancelled.

Anyone else purchasing the PS3 or Vita version of "J-Stars Versus Vs." (Comes out on March 19th)?  Definitely getting the game, as it will more than likely never come out in the US due to all the licensing (too many anime/manga properties involved) like "Jump Superstars" and "Jump Ultimate Stars" for the DS (although if I recall, some Fry's stores in the US were selling the import version of the game).

61UZ5g0GB8L.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p447NmD3Z3c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL0DnZpV_rwVuuqzmHlsQqtQ-zC9iNJlHR&feature=player_embedded&v=p447NmD3Z3c

--

Also, Kotaku published an article for those who want to purchase import games:

http://tay.kotaku.com/a-beginners-guide-to-importing-games-1511737191/@tinaamini?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Anyone else purchasing the PS3 or Vita version of "J-Stars Versus Vs." (Comes out on March 19th)? Definitely getting the game, as it will more than likely never come out in the US due to all the licensing (too many anime/manga properties involved) like "Jump Superstars" and "Jump Ultimate Stars" for the DS (although if I recall, some Fry's stores in the US were selling the import version of the game).

61UZ5g0GB8L.jpg
I'll probably be getting it. But it'll be on the backburner; I'm interested in other Imports right now.

Also, if anyone is interested in a Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle Physical Release, it'll only be available through Amazon and the Club Namco Store. 

Shahid just tweeted this:

Shahid Kamal Ahmad ‏@shahidkamal 25m

I hate letting good people down. I do everything in my power and beyond to avoid it. Sometimes it can’t be helped. It sucks.
So tempted to responsd with "@shahidkamal are you talking about #jrpg?" :D/

Still no release date for Drakengard 3? And still only from Digital River at SE store?

I wonder if 8-4 is doing the localization, they did localize Nier.

I've been completely ignoring this Danganronpa game until yesterday when I decided to watch the trailers NIS sent me links to. Turns out, it looks really cool. But with the type of game it is I'm concerned it will be really short - I know it's been out in Japan for a while, so anyone know how long it's supposed to be? And is there any replay value at all to it?
Buy it. It is fairly long but has no replay value. Already played the psp version and I highly recommend it

Anyone else purchasing the PS3 or Vita version of "J-Stars Versus Vs." (Comes out on March 19th)? Definitely getting the game, as it will more than likely never come out in the US due to all the licensing (too many anime/manga properties involved) like "Jump Superstars" and "Jump Ultimate Stars" for the DS (although if I recall, some Fry's stores in the US were selling the import version of the game).

61UZ5g0GB8L.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p447NmD3Z3c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL0DnZpV_rwVuuqzmHlsQqtQ-zC9iNJlHR&feature=player_embedded&v=p447NmD3Z3c

--

Also, Kotaku published an article for those who want to purchase import games:

http://tay.kotaku.com/a-beginners-guide-to-importing-games-1511737191/@tinaamini?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow
Hell yeah I'm importing. Definitely for PS3, possibly on Vita if there is little or no DLC.

Not sure whether I want to go through Playasia or something, or wait and see if the Fry's here will get it. Jump Ultimate Stars was like one of my most played DS games

Does anyone know which store has the best preorder bonus or deal for Ragnarok Odyssey ACE on Vita? Only store I know giving anything is Game Stop, who gives a CD for preorder bonus. Also looking for Danganronpa. Haven't found anything for that and I'm trying to decide between Ragnarok or that. Going to probably choose whichever is cheaper or offers something right now.

The soundtrack CD should automatically come with the Vita version. And as far as my search has gone for any other bonus, there is no preorder bonus for Ragnarok Odyssey ACE. At the moment, I'm waiting for it to be in Best Buy so my GCU discount can be applied.

The soundtrack CD should automatically come with the Vita version. And as far as my search has gone for any other bonus, there is no preorder bonus for Ragnarok Odyssey ACE. At the moment, I'm waiting for it to be in Best Buy so my GCU discount can be applied.
Oh right. I should really start reading the smaller texts. I just checked Amazon and they had it under the item descriptions. Thought it was some Game Stop only thing so I was hesitant to buy it cause I've had bad experiences preordering from Game Stop. Half the time I never get the preorder bonuses and that's usually the only reason I preorder it. Thanks :)

Regarding the limited physical run of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle, the preorder page is live at Amazon now, though with a placeholder date:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5LMSBK/

Glad the game is making its way over here, despite the flaws that I've read about. I'm actually a big Jojo fan so this is quite the pleasant surprise. That, and the fact that  for me a physical copy is always preferable to a digital-only release. 

Regarding the limited physical run of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle, the preorder page is live at Amazon now, though with a placeholder date:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5LMSBK/

Glad the game is making its way over here, despite the flaws that I've read about. I'm actually a big Jojo fan so this is quite the pleasant surprise. That, and the fact that for me a physical copy is always preferable to a digital-only release.
Same here. Since Amazon is my only viable way to get a Physical Copy, I'll have to get a copy quickly.

I've been completely ignoring this Danganronpa game until yesterday when I decided to watch the trailers NIS sent me links to. Turns out, it looks really cool. But with the type of game it is I'm concerned it will be really short - I know it's been out in Japan for a while, so anyone know how long it's supposed to be? And is there any replay value at all to it?
According to this review at GamingTrend,

Most surprising of all is that, even after its lengthy, 20-hour-long story, there are still reasons to return. I won’t spoil the surprise, but an additional mode unlocks after you complete the game, and all of the skills and items you unlocked in your first playthrough transfer over into subsequent games, adding a little more life into a game whose genre typically lacks replay value.

Hoping Gamestop, Amazon, or Best Buy offers at least the soundtrack as a pre-order bonus for Dangan Ronpa. Missed out on the limited edition.  Honestly wish it was available on 3DS.

Hoping Gamestop, Amazon, or Best Buy offers at least the soundtrack as a pre-order bonus for Dangan Ronpa. Missed out on the limited edition. Honestly wish it was available on 3DS.
Danganronpa releases a week from Tuesday (2/11) and there's been no mention of preorder bonuses anywhere, so there probably isn't going to be anything in that regard.

I'm toying with the idea of just preordering it through Best Buy online with GCU to get it for $31.99+tax since it looks quite good and I want to support its U.S. release, but I dunno... :whistle2:k

Yeah, you guys have pushed me over the edge & I really want Danganronpa now...but it's releasing so close to Bravely Default that I just don't know if I'm gonna be in day-1.  Why do they always pile so many great games into so short of a timespan and then leave dead months where nothing is releasing?  Very frustrating.  

Yeah, you guys have pushed me over the edge & I really want Danganronpa now...but it's releasing so close to Bravely Default that I just don't know if I'm gonna be in day-1. Why do they always pile so many great games into so short of a timespan and then leave dead months where nothing is releasing? Very frustrating.
Just get Danganronpa then.

We rarely get games like those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back