Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, you must have just watched that IGN RPG preview video that I watched yesterday. ;) That threw me for a loop too so I looked the game up since I had never even heard of it - turn out they were talking about the Japanese release date & there's been no word of a US release at all. Yep, they're really up on things over there. :p
Talking about that hour long Game Scoop?

Those two guys in the middle are absolute idiots.

Heh, you must have just watched that IGN RPG preview video that I watched yesterday. ;) That threw me for a loop too so I looked the game up since I had never even heard of it - turn out they were talking about the Japanese release date & there's been no word of a US release at all. Yep, they're really up on things over there. :p
i looked up Ar No Surge on youtube. they will probably release a censored version in the US.

i looked up Ar No Surge on youtube. they will probably release a censored version in the US.
I'd say it has a better chance of coming over there than CIel no Surge - apparently that game was episodic with only the first ep. on the physical cart (and later a re-relase had 4 on the cart & a coupon to download 5 more, but that still wasn't all of them). Not even sure if all of the episodes are out in Japan yet.

Not sure if what I saw in the extended youtube trailer I watched was any worse than what was in previous AT games. Seemed fairly tame, not being able to read a word of the dialog mind you. ;) I'll say this, graphically it's a gorgeous game and it would be a shame if it didn't make it over here. What I could make out of the battle system looked really fun.

I'd say it has a better chance of coming over there than CIel no Surge - apparently that game was episodic with only the first ep. on the physical cart (and later a re-relase had 4 on the cart & a coupon to download 5 more, but that still wasn't all of them). Not even sure if all of the episodes are out in Japan yet.

Not sure if what I saw in the extended youtube trailer I watched was any worse than what was in previous AT games. Seemed fairly tame, not being able to read a word of the dialog mind you. ;) I'll say this, graphically it's a gorgeous game and it would be a shame if it didn't make it over here. What I could make out of the battle system looked really fun.
this was the video i saw of Ar No Surge on youtub, judge for yourself. Especially for those who complained/ voiced their opinion strongly about the content monster monpiece

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRyyxW5s-XM

The big difference IMO is that none of the characters in that clip look like kids.  I think that was the big hangup with what they pulled from MM.  Heck, I think what they left in MM is worse than anything in that video.  

Either way, I would like to play the game whether or not they left that part in.  

this was the video i saw of Ar No Surge on youtub, judge for yourself. Especially for those who complained/ voiced their opinion strongly about the content monster monpiece

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRyyxW5s-XM
Looks like Qoga and Qoga got brought over here.

Probably PS3. Not quite sure yet.
i am planning to get it on ps3, but still undecided. I just want to see the amount of interest of this game on here, before getting it, because i do not want to be stuck having to solo the game on my own, and having issues finding other players to play with in multiplayer.

I am for vita, but more than likely sticking with Toukiden. Also on Ace, 4 players is still the max for MP.
o'yeah, i read somewhere that Ragnarok Odyssey ace is a little like monster hunters, is that accurate?

I'll get the PS3 version when my backlog gets a lot smaller or if/when a big sale on RO: ACE happens.
This is pretty much where I am. There's just way too many RPGs coming out over the next few months, so if I did pick it up it would just sit on the shelf.

o'yeah, i read somewhere that Ragnarok Odyssey ace is a little like monster hunters, is that accurate?
The concept is similar. I would say more akin to PSO and God Eater though.

i am planning to get it on ps3, but still undecided. I just want to see the amount of interest of this game on here, before getting it, because i do not want to be stuck having to solo the game on my own, and having issues finding other players to play with in multiplayer.
If we all get PS3, we can play together. :lol:
There is cross-play between the Vita and PS3 on Ace. ;)

Ragnarok Odyssey is really the type of games you get and play on day one due to the online nature.
i am surprised they did not charge a arm and a leg for it like $59.99, but instead only $39.99, even though it is technically a updated version of Ragnarok Odyssey

Not when it comes out a week after Lightning Returns & a week before Symphonia Chronicles & Lords of Shadow 2. ;)
They are all offline game that will be exactly the same in 6 months. Toukiden might be a better online game though

I don't care, I want to play them now.

Seriously doubt Ragnarok is half as good as Warframe anyway, so if I miss the boat I'm ok.  

Just so you guys know, Ace isnt coming out on the 18th, on Feb, and possibly not even in March. Game is still going through internal testing (issues with ps3 version apparently) and Xseed stated that they are hoping to announce a release date soon.

The Feb 18th is just a made up placeholder date by gamestop and company who want your preorder $$$. Please refer to the Xseed forums for further updates.

I'm not a rep for xseed before anyone asks lol. Just passing info from the actual source.

Just so you guys know, Ace isnt coming out on the 18th, on Feb, and possibly not even in March. Game is still going through internal testing (issues with ps3 version apparently) and Xseed stated that they are hoping to announce a release date soon.

The Feb 18th is just a made up placeholder date by gamestop and company who want your preorder $$$. Please refer to the Xseed forums for further updates.

I'm not a rep for xseed before anyone asks lol. Just passing info from the actual source.
Wow that is somewhat a relief to me. With all the games coming in the next two months, specially ones similar to this play style, I was hoping some things would get pushed back.

Wow that is somewhat a relief to me. With all the games coming in the next two months, specially ones similar to this play style, I was hoping some things would get pushed back.
I feel the exact same way. Though I partially wish Toukiden was also pushed back because I don't see myself being done with Bravely Default by its release date.

Not when it comes out a week after Lightning Returns & a week before Symphonia Chronicles & Lords of Shadow 2. ;)
This masterpiece is also coming out a week after Lightning Returns

edf2025-360-fob.jpg

The big difference IMO is that none of the characters in that clip look like kids. I think that was the big hangup with what they pulled from MM. Heck, I think what they left in MM is worse than anything in that video.

Either way, I would like to play the game whether or not they left that part in.
So I'm playing Eternal Sonata and notice they have the ages of characters in the menu screen. I go over to Frederic in a top hat (Chopin) who looks like every other character, teenage-ish, and guess what age he is? 39. Yes almost 40.

So I'm playing Eternal Sonata and notice they have the ages of characters in the menu screen. I go over to Frederic in a top hat (Chopin) who looks like every other character, teenage-ish, and guess what age he is? 39. Yes almost 40.
That's the magic of Japanese style games. IIRC , it's like a dream world.

The preorder bonuses for Drakengard 3 (japanese VO?) aren't being offered from play-asia anymore, they removed it from the product page. Got an apology email from them saying the dlc will be sqenix store exclusive.

I pre-ordered the Collectors Edition of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster and Drakengard 3 from the Square Enix store. I then received a promotional email from Square Enix a week after saying that if you pre-order the Collectors Edition of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD you will get release day shipping. My order still says that it will be shipped once it is released, will they change that ? I heard Digital River kind of sucks, is that true ? Do they use good packaging ? I ordered the CL of Bravely Default from Best Buy and it came in a huge box with all kinds of bubble rap and the huge bubble stuff. 

The preorder bonuses for Drakengard 3 (japanese VO?) aren't being offered from play-asia anymore, they removed it from the product page. Got an apology email from them saying the dlc will be sqenix store exclusive.
Hoping they still get the CE. :lol:

Amazon just shipped out my Lightning Returns with guaranteed fate delivery tomorrow and the DLC codes, can't wait :)
i havent pre-ordered a game from amazon in ahile that had dlc as a pre-order onus so did they send you the dlc code with the shipping notification?

I then received a promotional email from Square Enix a week after saying that if you pre-order the Collectors Edition of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD you will get release day shipping. My order still says that it will be shipped once it is released, will they change that ? I heard Digital River kind of sucks, is that true ? Do they use good packaging ?
I never had an issue with them and they package well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back