Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm Deception IV. Had forgotten about it and just double checked. Release dates right around the corner. Is it worth pre-ordering now (BBY GC puts it at like 48 bucks) or wait for a price drop. Im not sure how niche this will be. Im a bit concerned about waiting and then not being able to find it later. But then again id be pissed if i buy it then in like 2 or 3 months its 20 bucks. Its Tecmo Koi and im not really sure if their games drop in price or just sell out

One Piece Unlimited World Red coming to America woot!

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/12/one-piece-unlimited-world-red-coming-europe-australia-3ds-wii-u-ps3-vita/

Will have to decide on Vita or 3DS version.....disappointed only PS3 version and 3DS version are physical, as I prefer my niche games to all be physical copies unless I have no other choices.
hmm what type of game is it? Zelda style action rpg? just an action game? kinda hard to tell from the gameplaly... why am i even considering this i still havent seen the show, hah. I did buy the 3ds RPG though

Hmm Deception IV. Had forgotten about it and just double checked. Release dates right around the corner. Is it worth pre-ordering now (BBY GC puts it at like 48 bucks) or wait for a price drop. Im not sure how niche this will be. Im a bit concerned about waiting and then not being able to find it later. But then again id be pissed if i buy it then in like 2 or 3 months its 20 bucks. Its Tecmo Koi and im not really sure if their games drop in price or just sell out

hmm what type of game is it? Zelda style action rpg? just an action game? kinda hard to tell from the gameplaly... why am i even considering this i still havent seen the show, hah. I did buy the 3ds RPG though
It's from the same company that made Unlimited Adventure and Cruise on the Wii and Wii/3ds respectively. So the action would be somewhat of a mix between a 3d brawler, and an RPG adventure. I guess you could call it a Zelda style action RPG, because you fish, catch bugs, mine and other miscellaneous things that weren't so fun the first 100 or so times. But even though I say that, the games themselves are full of fun and fanservice, not to mention the ability to switch between crew members on the fly. I can't see myself not enjoying it.

If they've expanded on the combat system, it'll be great. I'll see if I can snag a Vita and PS3 version for maximum comfort!

It's from the same company that made Unlimited Adventure and Cruise on the Wii and Wii/3ds respectively. So the action would be somewhat of a mix between a 3d brawler, and an RPG adventure. I guess you could call it a Zelda style action RPG, because you fish, catch bugs, mine and other miscellaneous things that weren't so fun the first 100 or so times. But even though I say that, the games themselves are full of fun and fanservice, not to mention the ability to switch between crew members on the fly. I can't see myself not enjoying it.

If they've expanded on the combat system, it'll be great. I'll see if I can snag a Vita and PS3 version for maximum comfort!
...wat?

EDIT:

Kindly disregard, I'm clearly posting before I can think today.

got an email from gohastings saying that my item had shipped. Also got a response from CS saying they would honor the $19.99 price not to see if they actually follow through

got an email from gohastings saying that my item had shipped. Also got a response from CS saying they would honor the $19.99 price not to see if they actually follow through
The fact that you misspelled "now" makes this post even more hilarious.

Any news on this Vita Slim? More so is there any way to get it without Borderlands 2 (No need to rebuy Borderlands 2 if I can save some cash)?

There are too many good Vita games for me to pass up on now and I am itching to get one.

Also debating if I should drop playing Bravely Default or not for something else in the backlog. Not even halfway through the game and it's just a pile of meh but the classes are awesome.

Deception IV: Blood Ties is only 49.99 on Amazon too just a heads up, this is the PS3 version of the game.

Any news on this Vita Slim? More so is there any way to get it without Borderlands 2 (No need to rebuy Borderlands 2 if I can save some cash)?

There are too many good Vita games for me to pass up on now and I am itching to get one.

Also debating if I should drop playing Bravely Default or not for something else in the backlog. Not even halfway through the game and it's just a pile of meh but the classes are awesome.
Same here! I never bought one because I didn't think there was any good games for it, but now I keep seeing a lot

I think I'll buy one only if I can save my giftcards for it though, no disposable income right now really :(

Aside it coming out in May, that's about it. Although on various forums, you will see people debating the OLED vs. LCD. As much as I would love longer battery life for the slim, I actually prefer the OLED, so I purchased one earlier this week.

Now I'm trying to decide what games I'm going to order from Japan and if the box set for "Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus" is worth purchasing.

Looking forward to receiving J-Stars Victory Versus

I'm sure it will be sold separately at some point, but no word on that so far. If your slightly interested in the slim, I say that's the way to go. Please don't listen to all the negatives in regards to the screen issues. If you've never used the OLED, you can't miss it. Most of the negatives you'll see come from users who have never seen or used the slim in person. I've owned both and the slim is waaaay better to me, and if you look at reviews from others who have owned both, the slim is the preferred unit between the two.

Is the OLED better than the LCD? YES, there is no question it is a better image hands down. The LCD has an excellent image in it's own right, and if you play games on the 3DS or a smart phone that's 1-2 years old, the LCD will be the best of the bunch. I personally imported a white/blue slim back in December from NCSX, and after selling my Assassin's Creed bundle, I actually made a few bucks on switching over, and it's one of my best import purchases in years.

You may want to consider importing one, as the closer it comes to May, I'm sure import prices will drop some. The Japan slim's also come with some cool colors that I'm sure you'll never see released in the states. But you can always flip the borderlands 2 code/game and recoup some of your purchase cost.

So it really depends on what's more important to you, I don't like all black handhelds, so importing was the way to go for me, but others may not mind as much. Either way, the slim is the way to go.

I'm sure it will be sold separately at some point, but no word on that so far. If your slightly interested in the slim, I say that's the way to go. Please don't listen to all the negatives in regards to the screen issues. If you've never used the OLED, you can't miss it. Most of the negatives you'll see come from users who have never seen or used the slim in person. I've owned both and the slim is waaaay better to me, and if you look at reviews from others who have owned both, the slim is the preferred unit between the two.

Is the OLED better than the LCD? YES, there is no question it is a better image hands down. The LCD has an excellent image in it's own right, and if you play games on the 3DS or a smart phone that's 1-2 years old, the LCD will be the best of the bunch. I personally imported a white/blue slim back in December from NCSX, and after selling my Assassin's Creed bundle, I actually made a few bucks on switching over, and it's one of my best import purchases in years.

You may want to consider importing one, as the closer it comes to May, I'm sure import prices will drop some. The Japan slim's also come with some cool colors that I'm sure you'll never see released in the states. But you can always flip the borderlands 2 code/game and recoup some of your purchase cost.

So it really depends on what's more important to you, I don't like all black handhelds, so importing was the way to go for me, but others may not mind as much. Either way, the slim is the way to go.
Honestly I don't care much about the OLED. Mainly it's more about the price at the moment. My goal is to get a PS Vita around the $160-$170 mark just the system and go from there.

Is the FFX HD Master for Vita going to have a limited edition too? Thinking about it, I would probably rather get FFX on Vita than PS3 even though I don't own it yet. I have the PS3 Limited Ed Preordered at the moment from Amazon.

[quote name="Sir_Fragalot" post="11607184" timestamp="1394728056"]Honestly I don't care much about the OLED. Mainly it's more about the price at the moment. My goal is to get a PS Vita around the $160-$170 mark just the system and go from there.

Is the FFX HD Master for Vita going to have a limited edition too? Thinking about it, I would probably rather get FFX on Vita than PS3 even though I don't own it yet. I have the PS3 Limited Ed Preordered at the moment from Amazon.[/quote]

As far as I'm aware, no LE of any kind is available for the Vita version.

I know it's a bit late, but in regards to Demon Gaze, I can't complain about NIS as much now.  It's not much gameplay coverage though, but it is something really NEAT.

I still wish it was a different Etna design though.  I'm not a fan of the D2 look at all.

Honestly I don't care much about the OLED. Mainly it's more about the price at the moment. My goal is to get a PS Vita around the $160-$170 mark just the system and go from there.

Is the FFX HD Master for Vita going to have a limited edition too? Thinking about it, I would probably rather get FFX on Vita than PS3 even though I don't own it yet. I have the PS3 Limited Ed Preordered at the moment from Amazon.
Well, if price is your only concern, keep an eye out, as the standard 1000 can be found in that price range now and again. With the 2000 coming out soon, you should see even more deals on the 1000 in coming months. Technically the 2000 is cheaper to make than the 1000, so if they ever release a stand alone, it should be around the 170 range, but Sony seems dead set to maximize profits, so the bundles seem the better way to go from their POV. For now, the slim seems set at 200, but that may change at some point.

I really like my OLED vita and happily paid 107 or so for a good used one a while back. I will likely only get the slim at around the same price, but it looks good as well and I like the more portability and a better battery life. I've gotten used to the battery but it's not great, though it does help cut back on heavy play sessions...haha.

On another topic I feel everyone who loves niche games is doing them an injustice by not getting a Vita. I still don't think  a Vita is good for the mainstream crowd, but so many niche games are being localized that it's coming into it's own. I'm always having some fun with Toukiden recently (I really don't like MH like games but this one is a bit faster which is OK with me). I eagerly anticipate Deception IV at the end of the month, and Conception 2/Demon's Gaze a little later on. Along with Akiba Strip 2 and other stuff such as Monster Monpiece I just love the machine. Plus it's great for indie games including one of my favorite games Spelunky (though I discovered the free version long before it became popular). Just buy it at a good price and get the 32 Gig or 64 Gig card (Get the vita cheap and an expensive as heck memory card and hopefully comes out to about 200ish). I really hate the memory card situation but everything else is great.

If you still find it meh, and you're still in chapter 3 or 4, then drop it. It doesn't get better from there.

I really like my OLED vita and happily paid 107 or so for a good used one a while back. I will likely only get the slim at around the same price, but it looks good as well and I like the more portability and a better battery life. I've gotten used to the battery but it's not great, though it does help cut back on heavy play sessions...haha.

On another topic I feel everyone who loves niche games is doing them an injustice by not getting a Vita. I still don't think a Vita is good for the mainstream crowd, but so many niche games are being localized that it's coming into it's own. I'm always having some fun with Toukiden recently (I really don't like MH like games but this one is a bit faster which is OK with me). I eagerly anticipate Deception IV at the end of the month, and Conception 2/Demon's Gaze a little later on. Along with Akiba Strip 2 and other stuff such as Monster Monpiece I just love the machine. Plus it's great for indie games including one of my favorite games Spelunky (though I discovered the free version long before it became popular). Just buy it at a good price and get the 32 Gig or 64 Gig card (Get the vita cheap and an expensive as heck memory card and hopefully comes out to about 200ish). I really hate the memory card situation but everything else is great.
I pretty much agree with the statement. I myself had bought the Vita a week ago, just to prepare myself for all the niche games that are coming out. Eagerly awaiting Conception II.

I know its far away, but I'm also looking forward to Persona Dancing All Night.

While it's not getting the limited edition, there is a possibly slightly unique version. The Digital River one comes with some useless art cards, and the cards *may* be inside the box, and the box *may* have a small blurb mentioning their existence (or a sticker overtop maybe?). I don't know if they've announced any packaging details, but it's a reasonable assumption looking at the product they picture.

Pretty useless, but I like getting variants, so that's the copy I've ordered.

Well, if price is your only concern, keep an eye out, as the standard 1000 can be found in that price range now and again. With the 2000 coming out soon, you should see even more deals on the 1000 in coming months. Technically the 2000 is cheaper to make than the 1000, so if they ever release a stand alone, it should be around the 170 range, but Sony seems dead set to maximize profits, so the bundles seem the better way to go from their POV. For now, the slim seems set at 200, but that may change at some point.
This is the exact reason I got a vita 1000, as opposed to waiting for a slim. The slim is cheaper to produce, but they aren't giving you a discount by bundling it for $200 (assuming you just want the core system). The original vita was $150 during last BF, and as you mentioned, there is the possibility of more deals. For me, the better screen outweights any advantages of the slim (slightly improved battery life, smaller form factor, lighter, micro-usb charging port, small 1 gb built-in flash).

While it's not getting the limited edition, there is a possibly slightly unique version. The Digital River one comes with some useless art cards, and the cards *may* be inside the box, and the box *may* have a small blurb mentioning their existence (or a sticker overtop maybe?). I don't know if they've announced any packaging details, but it's a reasonable assumption looking at the product they picture.

That is if Digital River even gets it to your house, lol.

Amazon and several other retailers are getting this version as well. No need to order from DR.

I pretty much agree with the statement. I myself had bought the Vita a week ago, just to prepare myself for all the niche games that are coming out. Eagerly awaiting Conception II.

I know its far away, but I'm also looking forward to Persona Dancing All Night.
DUDE I CANNOT WAIT FOR PERSONA DAN (best subtitle acronym in quite awhile :D) :whee:

People not buying niche titles on the vita makes sense when the vita is an even more niche system :p

Localize hearts and innocence and tempest remakes and I'd at least consider it down the road :(

Just got my 30 dollar refund and my Escha and Logy will be here Monday :D
XD, well, that's a confirm for Aaron, now lets see if Asmith906 gets his/her price match too! Though still feel sorry for those that got their orders cancelled.

Other than that, NeoGaf had a confirmation that the Amazon DLC Escha "Enchanted Witch" costume was true. Even though there wasn't a single mention on the Amazon page for that game before release, stealth move.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=104414952&postcount=592

Finally, a physical release of a one piece game on consoles! PS3 or wii u for me!
Then it's PS3 then...all systems aren't getting physical releases. I really wish the vita had one but may cave on the 3DS version even if it's slightly technically inferior just because it's a physical copy and doesn't take up space on a memory card i paid 80 dollars for (32 gig vita card bought a year and a half ago....hate these memory prices!!!!).

XD, well, that's a confirm for Aaron, now lets see if Asmith906 gets his/her price match too! Though still feel sorry for those that got their orders cancelled.

Other than that, NeoGaf had a confirmation that the Amazon DLC Escha "Enchanted Witch" costume was true. Even though there wasn't a single mention on the Amazon page for that game before release, stealth move.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=104414952&postcount=592
Really surprised people still got the Enchanted Witch costume with nothing on that page and customer service being clueless like normal.

If anyone got an extra or want to get rid of theirs, send me a PM.

Well, that's a double confirm for you guys, I think you're the only 2 CAG'ers that got away with the "price match", and everyone else had to pay MSRP (or lower with other ways). But hey, it all worked out, more or less. ;)

Well, that's a double confirm for you guys, I think you're the only 2 CAG'ers that got away with the "price match", and everyone else had to pay MSRP (or lower with other ways). But hey, it all worked out, more or less. ;)
Or just pass on it and wait till it becomes around 25 like the rest of the games usually eventually end up on gamefly used.

I would recommend waiting for a drop on Escha and Logy. I've played all five ps3 Ateliers on launch and have been really disappointed with this one. There are some interesting twists to the synthesis, but the game is incredibly easy, the story has no drive, and the translation to english is very poor. They still have the "sting" typo from Ayesha! I'm planning to submit a complaint about that, maybe they will release a patch with an updated script if enough people complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back