Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="Green Card200" post="11755117" timestamp="1400019918"]How does GameStop ship LEs? I don't want to spend $50 but if BB doesn't work out I know Amazon will send it in a mailer.[/quote]

They ship CEs in sturdy boxes. They are BY FAR the safest bet for CE shipping.

They ship CEs in sturdy boxes. They are BY FAR the safest bet for CE shipping.
do they? Because games are usually shipped in those TERRIBLE mailers they use.. worse than bubble. Its basically a cardboard sleeve with ridges on the inside that crush/dmg whatever tey put in it. Though i cant remember the last time i got a CE in the mail from them so maybe they do better for those.

For those of you getting your shipping notices, when did you guys order? I pre-ordered back in Feb, so I'm still holding out hope that they just haven't gotten to my order.
You're not alone. I ordered in Feb too with Standard shipping. Digital River probably trolling like usual shipping people's orders that placed them after we did, or sending the free shipping orders first. GAF seems to have similar cases as well.

Not too worried, according to the product description page it should be the next day or two when we get our shipping notice.

I ordered mine on Feb 5 with standard shipping and have not received anything about shipping either. They are probably still working on getting them out it seems, but I will not hold my breath. The very first time I ordered from them was for my FF X/X-2 CE and well it never arrived at my house and I pretty much had to wait a month after release date to get the entire thing sorted out. I ended up getting a refund and they wanted me to place another order for it but I told them no thanks I will just get it off eBay. I ended up ordering one from eBay for just under $95 and it arrived two days later. Its pretty sad when someone can sell something on eBay and get it to my house faster than a retailer can. 

The whole FF X/X-2 CE for me was a huge fiasco for me as Digital River was reluctant to even bat an eye that there was a problem with my order the entire time. They are by far one of the worst Customer Service teams I have had to deal with. Even when I was getting a refund for my order they were trying to say that they do not refund shipping costs, that did not go over well with me. I ended up getting a refund for both the item and the shipping cost in the end but it was time consuming and took many phone calls just to get Digital River to do anything about it. 

This Drakengard 3 CE will be the last thing that I order off of Square Enix website for me personally . The next time they announce something exclusive like this I will just spend the extra money via third party re-seller on eBay or Amazon as they are more equipped to do business then Digital River.  

Different topic:

On an different note I got a Shipping notification from NISA about Mugan Souls Z CE. I also received a $5 coupon that I will be asking NISA to update my Hyperdimension Neptunia PP LE with. I love NISA they are an amazing retailer and their customer service is amazing ! Maybe I will get my order a day early as I did with The Witch and the Hundred Knights.

As of right now NISA and Digital River are in a race to get my orders to me. As of right now I placed the order with Digital River months in advance, but NISA is winning already. Lets see who gets their game to me first!!!! 

Different topic:

On an different note I got a Shipping notification from NISA about Mugan Souls Z CE. I also received a $5 coupon that I will be asking NISA to update my Hyperdimension Neptunia PP LE with. I love NISA they are an amazing retailer and their customer service is amazing ! Maybe I will get my order a day early as I did with The Witch and the Hundred Knights.
Have you had success doing that in the past? I've been sitting on three of those coupons as I got them all after pre-ordering stuff and they haven't had anything new to order since.

Have you had success doing that in the past? I've been sitting on three of those coupons as I got them all after pre-ordering stuff and they haven't had anything new to order since.
I ordered The Witch and the Hundred Knights CE from NISA and a few weeks after I remembered I had a $5 off coupon in my email. I just signed into My Account and went to Contact Support under Support. In Subject I put "Add a Promotion Code to My Order". In Message I explained what happened and gave them the Promo Code to be added, and for Type you can put either Payment Issue or Update Order/Account. A few Days later I got an email from them saying that my Promo Code was added to order XXXXXX for The Witch and the Hundred Knights CE. I never had to call anyone or send any emails after I filled out a case on their website, it was really easy to do.

I ordered The Witch and the Hundred Knights CE from NISA and a few weeks after I remembered I had a $5 off coupon in my email. I just signed into My Account and went to Contact Support under Support. In Subject I put "Add a Promotion Code to My Order". In Message I explained what happened and gave them the Promo Code to be added, and for Type you can put either Payment Issue or Update Order/Account. A few Days later I got an email from them saying that my Promo Code was added to order XXXXXX for The Witch and the Hundred Knights CE. I never had to call anyone or send any emails after I filled out a case on their website, it was really easy to do.
awesome - thanks for the info, will give it a shot!

NISA is awesome and I will gladly support them when I can (next game for them is Neptunia PP CE). This will likely be my last Digital River order unless Harvest Moon gets a cool exclusive online plushie or something, and that will be a reluctant order! My Drakengard 3 normal edition hasn't shipped from S-E yet either....one day I'll just get it in the mail and be like oh yeah this.

Yeah, NISA has always been awesome with my orders. So far I've used them five times and never had to do more than a quick email for them to act quickly, and remedy my issue.

NISA support manually applied a $10 coupon code that had been expired for almost a year to one of my orders. All I had to do was ask. That's how awesome they are.

Got this response on the Best Buy Forums:

Thanks for visiting our forum with your question today. New games are always exciting!

I am happy to report that Best Buy does anticipate carrying Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Limited Edition. At this time we do not have any additional information, but please keep an eye on www.BestBuy.com or this thread for updates in the future.

Thanks,

Well then.

:whee: :whee: :whee:
My optimism has paid off. :bouncy:

How much was the original Mugen Souls LE + figure set? 

It's currently $50 so I'm wondering if I should jump on it with the $5 coupon I got for... who knows what. :whistle2:k I don't really wanna play the game, but the CE seems like a good deal at $50. 

Still nothing for me on the Drakengard 3 CE front. No emails, no pending charges, nothing... 

How much was the original Mugen Souls LE + figure set?

It's currently $50 so I'm wondering if I should jump on it with the $5 coupon I got for... who knows what. :whistle2:k I don't really wanna play the game, but the CE seems like a good deal at $50.

Still nothing for me on the Drakengard 3 CE front. No emails, no pending charges, nothing...
I think the original price on that was $99.99 or $119.99 I am pretty sure it was in between there. There were a total of three different versions to buy upon release.

Also no email for the Drakengard 3 CE either still. I can look it up on their website and it says "Order in Process", we just need to wait I guess and cross our fingers.

Just a quick note Senran Kagura Versus Amazon is not listed anymore. Hopefully all the orders that went in are fulfilled.

I also feel like a mook for paying 100 dollars for Mugen Souls CE.....probably the game that got me to rethink just dropping whatever on a NISA CE.

Just a quick note Senran Kagura Versus Amazon is not listed anymore. Hopefully all the orders that went in are fulfilled.
That's weird. I was planning on canceling my Amazon preorder and getting it from Best Buy when it showed up...but now I'll hold onto it until Best Buy's listing materializes.

Shows that everyone wants boobs....beautiful 3D ninja boobs, bouncing all over....and umm fighting...yes! Also shows niche game buyers are a strong group when they collaborate into purchasing something (dammmit Sega/Atlus I want to show you how much I love Yakuza 5/Ishin/anything!!!!)..

Wasn't it "Temporarily out of stock" even when it was preorder-able?
I don't know. I didn't check the page since I was going to pre order it either at Best Buy or Gamestop anyway.

Shows that everyone wants boobs....beautiful 3D ninja boobs, bouncing all over....and umm fighting...yes! Also shows niche game buyers are a strong group when they collaborate into purchasing something (dammmit Sega/Atlus I want to show you how much I love Yakuza 5/Ishin/anything!!!!)..
Dem boobies. :lol: Hopefully Sega lets ATLUS choose what to localize and stuff. I'm sure ATLUS can do a better job of choosing which games to bring over and stuff.

I consider myself lucky snagging the "3D ninja boobs" at gamestop whenever I did. =)

I pre-ordered a copy when it was Temp OoS at Amazon... I'm guessing they removed it because the listing was wrong or something and that's why it said it was OoS even though it's a preorder. 

But... just to be safe, I guess I better pre-order at GS. 

I pre-ordered a copy when it was Temp OoS at Amazon... I'm guessing they removed it because the listing was wrong or something and that's why it said it was OoS even though it's a preorder.

I may do the same, the Amazon listing was iffy before then....all I know is I really don't want to miss out on a physical release of the game (though I did get the Amazon order in).

I also ordered during the Temp OoS. I just checked my Pending Orders and it's still there at least. (Unlike the whole Dragon Crown thing switching companies and vanishing from the Orders area completely).

I dont think I'll be pre-ordering at GS though. I'll remain hopeful for Best Buy before cancelling my Amazon order.

Uh, guys? I got a shipping confirmation for my two Drakengard 3 CEs...which were preordered using a now-defunct credit card that I had given up on changing after poor CS by Digital River, so I planned on letting the preorder die off.

Yeah, not...really sure how to react to this. :???:

Uh, guys? I got a shipping confirmation for my two Drakengard 3 CEs...which were preordered using a now-defunct credit card that I had given up on changing after poor CS by Digital River, so I planned on letting the preorder die off.

DR is stupid...very, very stupid, you may get a free order, it may be an automated message who knows. One time I waited about 8 months for an order, got one thing cancelled and the order shipped, though I don't think I was charged....I just didn't care, as long as I wasn't charged twice. They are a dumb company though and even their returns are terrible. I tried to return an extra Harvest Moon 3DS game after ordering it and getting 2 copies. They said we'll send a return label. I waited about 3 months and the game ended up being a gift to a friend. Terrible customer service and I'm thinking this will be the final order I have with them. Just so unpredictable what will happen.

You'll probably get a notification from DR that your card bounced, or you'll get a notification from your CC that you have a balance. Probably the latter.

Wow, if it actually goes through, I'm gonna regret the order I ended up cancelling because I was in the same situation as you.

Count yourself lucky. I'm sure they'll probably be in touch to collect their money but if not, you lucked out.

Still nothing on my end. No email, no order status update, nor a pending charge.

Got my shipping info for my two Drakengard 3 collectors editions. Ordered on Feb 5th as well with free shipping. Now what to decide to do with the extra one. May just keep one sealed and open the other

Count yourself lucky. I'm sure they'll probably be in touch to collect their money but if not, you lucked out.

Still nothing on my end. No email, no order status update, nor a pending charge.
My brother suggested I try calling them again tomorrow and ask about the email so it doesn't look like I attempted CC fraud. Does that sound like the way to go?

My brother suggested I try calling them again tomorrow and ask about the email so it doesn't look like I attempted CC fraud. Does that sound like the way to go?
Did you use your card through PayPal, or directly? I used PayPal and was charged when I placed my order, so it's been paid for since February.

Did you use your card through PayPal, or directly? I used PayPal and was charged when I placed my order, so it's been paid for since February.
If I used Paypal, I wouldn't have worried about my expired CC all this time. I wasn't comfortable paying the full amount up front in February, so I used a CC.

Hmm.... did DR do the rotating card hold charge thing, or did they just take the money up front? Are they going to charge again when it ships? It'd be awesome if they already took the money out of my account when I first ordered and won't charge again because that'll give me an extra $100 to work with this week.

It's honestly been so long that I don't remember if it was a card hold thing and they put the money back.

Hmm.... did DR do the rotating card hold charge thing, or did they just take the money up front? Are they going to charge again when it ships? It'd be awesome if they already took the money out of my account when I first ordered and won't charge again because that'll give me an extra $100 to work with this week.

It's honestly been so long that I don't remember if it was a card hold thing and they put the money back.
I thought it was confirmed back in February that Paypal was charged right away (as Paypal always is), but using a credit card wasn't.

I thought it was confirmed back in February that Paypal was charged right away (as Paypal always is), but using a credit card wasn't.
I used a credit card, so they did do the card hold thing then. Damn.

Great... I just got this e-mail saying there was suspicious activity on my square enix account and wanted me to change the password. So I did, and for some reason, it's saying my new password is invalid. Is this going to affect my order at all?

Got an email from Play-Asia. It's confirmed. Asian Version of Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment will have Full English Subtitles. If you're interested in a Phyiscal Copy.

Got an email from Play-Asia. It's confirmed. Asian Version of Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment will have Full English Subtitles.
Great, hopefully it's well-translated. I may actually buy it while I'm in Taiwan. I do prefer to have a physical copy rather than digital.

I used a credit card, so they did do the card hold thing then. Damn.

Great... I just got this e-mail saying there was suspicious activity on my square enix account and wanted me to change the password. So I did, and for some reason, it's saying my new password is invalid. Is this going to affect my order at all?
Same thing happened to me with my ffx art book order, nothing happened though. I got my order fine, so I wouldn't worry :)

Got an email from Play-Asia. It's confirmed. Asian Version of Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment will have Full English Subtitles. If you're interested in a Phyiscal Copy.
Awesome! I've been debating on whether or not I'll keep the preorder, but this seals the deal for me. And they'll finally ship me that $21 copy of P4A I threw in with the preorder.

Awesome! I've been debating on whether or not I'll keep the preorder, but this seals the deal for me. And they'll finally ship me that $21 copy of P4A I threw in with the preorder.

which version is that? theres like 3 differnt ones on the site... not counting the LE version

http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/19-15-Sword+Art+Online%3A+Hollow+Fragment.html

im assuming theres no chance of this coming stateside in a physical version?

quick question: just noticed BBY has Drakenguard 3 up for preorder. But i dont see any preorder bonus options listed. DOes it have the extra skins amazon and GS offer? Need to know soon since its almost out if im gonna cancel my amazon pre order

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back