Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
me too :( And I pre-ordered literally the moment it became available

Trying to check my order status just gives me an "Incorrect password or order number" message

I have to use the email address/last 5 digits of credit card method. And it still doesn't say it's shipped, still no charge on my credit card.

I also had pre-ordered the FFXIV PS4 CE in this order. Had to wait for fucking DG3 to come out before anything shipped. alsdkfjalskdfn

When I check my order status now, it says my order date is "5/12/2014"

Which is bullshit because I ordered on 2/5/2014 according to my saved reciept
I may have figured out a better way to check your account status at the SE store.

Go there, click My Account, log in (assuming you know your actual log in and password), you'll get the incorrect password page, from the incorrect password page click on My Account again and then re-enter your same "invalid" password again and it should take you to your account.

mugen souls z walkthrough, for those who want an in depth look at the gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exE7MyxTKZk

I may have figured out a better way to check your account status at the SE store.

Go there, click My Account, log in (assuming you know your actual log in and password), you'll get the incorrect password page, from the incorrect password page click on My Account again and then re-enter your same "invalid" password again and it should take you to your account.
Doesn't work, because no matter what. That part of the SE Store/site always shoves me back a "incorrect password" message. Even though I can login just *FINE* to my SE Account otherwise to manage FFXIV accounts.

bojay1997, on 20 May 2014 - 7:09 PM, said:
Actually, they won't. NISA is not handling this particular release. I believe this is Idea Factory's first US release without going through another publisher.

http://www.ideafintl.com/pdf/PressRelease_IFI_ReBirth1_20140325_support.pdf
yah I read somewhere that idea factory was going to start releaseing here themselves instead of using nis. pp is supposed to be the last hyperdimension through nis, although at this point they are testing the waters, hyper and a couple of other games will come here in the future, I think idea will still use nis and others for some titles, but if idea sees that doing it themselves is better, than they will drop middle companies. since this is the u.s., they don't have to adhere to that stupid, since Japanese studios are struggling and incompetent, we will require all western studios to go through them to publish in japan and give a huge amount of profits to studios who don't do any work law, so them and their was another company that is going to do the same approach here in the future also

I'm going to be the n00b here: How does the SAO game differ from stuff like Monster Hunter/Ragnarok Odyssey/Toukiden/etc.? I assume there's more of a plot involved, but is there more to set it apart?
Besides what YBX87 mentioned, SAO also plays nothing like the games you mentioned. It's a bit more closer to your typical MMO battle system.

Hey CAG, does anybody know if NISA is doing a Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth limited edition. Can't seem to find it on the NISA store for north america

Anyone think Best Buy will be carrying Neptunia Rebirth? I wish they weren't so slow with their listing. They still don't have Senran on their site.

Someone asked on the Best Buy forums and they said they will stock Senran Kagura. Of course, you can take that with a grain of salt. :lol:

I've seen a good bit of drakengard 3 played. It's one of those games you will either love or hate
I haven't played it yet either (tho my copy did arrive today, I just spent the night bouncing between Wolfenstein & FFXIV ;) ). But from what I've seen people say online it seems that a ton of people are only familiar with Nier, not the original Drakengard games. And those games played nothing like Nier - think more Dynasty Warriors melded with RPG elements and a wacked-out story. If that's what I can expect from D3 - and from what I've read, it is - then I'll be happy. :)

That IGN review is very badly written anyway. I'm not saying they're wrong or right, I'm just saying the review tells you very little and reads very badly - it's choppy and has zero flow to it. Feels very amateurish, but since I've never heard of the girl who wrote it I can assume they outsourced it to someone since they couldn't be bothered to give it an in-house review.

Think Dangan Ronpa 2 will get a limited edition? I've been holding off preordering from Best Buy in the hopes NIS puts one up, but with Mind Zero and Hyerdimention Neptunia: PP disappearing off Best Buy I don't want to wait too long.

argyle, on 20 May 2014 - 11:32 PM, said:
I haven't played it yet either (tho my copy did arrive today, I just spent the night bouncing between Wolfenstein & FFXIV ;) ). But from what I've seen people say online it seems that a ton of people are only familiar with Nier, not the original Drakengard games. And those games played nothing like Nier - think more Dynasty Warriors melded with RPG elements and a wacked-out story. If that's what I can expect from D3 - and from what I've read, it is - then I'll be happy. :)

That IGN review is very badly written anyway. I'm not saying they're wrong or right, I'm just saying the review tells you very little and reads very badly - it's choppy and has zero flow to it. Feels very amateurish, but since I've never heard of the girl who wrote it I can assume they outsourced it to someone since they couldn't be bothered to give it an in-house review.
if you want some better opinions, check gamefaqs, was reading some of those and well im glad im going to rent this first, my buy down the line but even with some of the issues it still looks fun, dishearting to here the dragon segments are awful and seeing the list of dlc, it seems that they took out a lot of the game to sell separately, more square crap.

Think Dangan Ronpa 2 will get a limited edition? I've been holding off preordering from Best Buy in the hopes NIS puts one up, but with Mind Zero and Hyerdimention Neptunia: PP disappearing off Best Buy I don't want to wait too long.
Unless I'm mistaken, it's not that difficult to cancel a preorder on Bestbuy.com.

Yes I think it will get a limited edition. I bet the pre-orders will go up sometime in July and it's set for September I believe.

I would be shocked if it didn't. I'm waiting on preorders for that LE & the one I expect for Fairy Fencer F to go up. I really hope they include a Monokuma plush or Nendoroid w/ the D2 set.

I would be shocked if it didn't. I'm waiting on preorders for that LE & the one I expect for Fairy Fencer F to go up. I really hope they include a Monokuma plush or Nendoroid w/ the D2 set.
I'm extremely excited for this game with Uematsu doing the music, Tsunako doing the design, and longtime Anime writer Toshiki Inuoe, involved, plus Amano doing the concept art. I plan on playing this day 1.

I'm extremely excited for this game with Uematsu doing the music, Tsunako doing the design, and longtime Anime writer Toshiki Inuoe, involved, plus Amano doing the concept art. I plan on playing this day 1.
Yes, the pedigree is definitely what sells this game. Would be nice to have some nice Amano art in some fashion in the LE too!

Even if US doesn't get a physical version and the UK does, you can always import it. :lol:
Yeah, I know. But unless I can use my various balances of store credit on an importing site, I'd prefer a physical release here.

isn't it similar to dynasty warriors series?
Yup. But we didn't get the physical PS3 version of Warriors Orochi 3 like the UK did, just the 360 version, so that's why I'm a tad concerned.

Yeah, I know. But unless I can use my various balances of store credit on an importing site, I'd prefer a physical release here.

Yup. But we didn't get the physical PS3 version of Warriors Orochi 3 like the UK did, just the 360 version, so that's why I'm a tad concerned.
Wii U got the Hyper Edition, pretty badass version of the game too IMHO. Hopefully we see the next Samurai Warriors on PS3/4

isn't it similar to dynasty warriors series?
Same formula, different theme.

Here is the summed up version of that review. I hated everything about the game. I expect nothing less with IGN.

Destructioid at least gave a honest review, not just bash the game without saying anything good about it.
I never use IGN's reviews as a basis for to buy games. I just use Destructoid, Hardcoregamer, and Kotaku instead.

if it has an english voice over it will likely be physical, if it has subs only it will likely be digital only on the ps3.... sony still has backwards policies concerning the idea that japanese games without english dubs are inferior products and shouldn't be released physically on their consoles. (yes some games manage to get released anyways but it requires a lot more work apparently :/)

Screens of Ken and Koromaru in action. Also, there is Shadow Ken and Koromaru. Aww. Look. Ken grew up and got taller.

famitsu-p4u2-kenkoromaru-edit.png

Need that Minato and Adachi Announcement. 

I know I'm late to the party, but here's every IGN review I've ever read:

"They

[ ] Did

[x] Did Not

give us enough money to like this game. 

[ ] 9

[x] 4

out of 10.

[ ]Would

[x]Would not

recommend."

Screens of Ken and Koromaru in action. Also, there is Shadow Ken and Koromaru. Aww. Look. Ken grew up and got taller.

famitsu-p4u2-kenkoromaru-edit.png

Need that Minato and Adachi Announcement.
Looks like they gave Koromaru the UMVC3 Missile treatment, i guess he'll be part of Ken's Specials/Supers. I guess they won't budge for the FeMC now since they gave Ken the polearm thing. Game is looking very good though, almost good enough to justify the $60 price tag.

Wait... I just noticed something, the farthest downward screen shot to the right, isn't the guy in the blue's name "Theodore" or something (too lazy to look up). Isn't he supposedly non-canon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back